Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Okay I need to use my Rotom (and I'll mostly be keeping it in its Fire forme unless someone is mean). Anyone up for a 1v1?

1v1
2 day DQ
1 recover/2 chills
Arena: The Kitchen

You know, the place where the microwave oven (Fire), fridge (Ice), and (sometimes) fan (Flying) are? Yeah that place! It's kinda squishy in terms of area, so dodging is out of the question. You can technically "Surf" here as there's a water faucet, but you might make the arena a bit messy. Parts of the roof is broken so you can use weather if you'd like to (and the window is open too). In general, there isn't really any move restrictions.

edit: I screwed someone over so I'll copy/paste his stuff.

Maxim said:
Well, only way to test if an arena's good is through repeated testing :).
Beginner Battle
2v2 Singles
2 Day DQ

The Rock Column

Description: Deep within the confines of Mount Coronet, there lies a place unlike any other. This circular area is a flat cavebed that is 100 meters in diameter. In the center lies a huge column of rock 20 meters in diameter extending from the floor to the ceiling about 60 meters up (basically, the place is huge). Running up the column is a ledge about 5 meters thick that curls around it (Sort of like the thread in a screw). Seismic disturbances constantly coat the area in a thick sandstorm that can't be canceled due to the ceiling. Sadly, there's no water source for moves like Surf and weather moves cannot be used but everything else goes.

Summary: Eternal Sandstorm, Indoor Arena, No External Water Source.
(I'm not accepting it if I'm making it confusing.)

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay I need to use my Rotom (and I'll mostly be keeping it in its Fire forme unless someone is mean). Anyone up for a 1v1?

1v1
2 day DQ
1 recover/2 chills
Arena: The Kitchen

You know, the place where the microwave oven (Fire), fridge (Ice), and (sometimes) fan (Flying) are? Yeah that place! It's kinda squishy in terms of area, so dodging is out of the question. You can technically "Surf" here as there's a water faucet, but you might make the arena a bit messy. Parts of the roof is broken so you can use weather if you'd like to (and the window is open too). In general, there isn't really any move restrictions.
I'm up for this. I'll try I choose someone that is a decent match-up for Rotom.

Switch = ....its a 1v1... sure
No Items
1 Ability

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
OPEN CHALLENGE

3v3 Triples
2 Day DQ Time
2 Recoveries/5 Chills per Pokemon maximum
Unevolved mons only, no mid-battle evolutions
Arena: Opponent's Choice. NO ASB TOURNAMENT ARENA!

OPEN CHALLENGE

3v3 Triples
2 Day DQ Time
IN!
no items
all abilities
switch=is on

Arena: Oasis Arena
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All

Restrictions: No Rain or Hail

Description: It's basically a purpose built Pokemon arena with a difference: It has an Oasis in the middle of the arena. The Surface of the arena is sand & diggable, while the actual semi-lake that the oasis is positioned near the middle of the arena, to the right of where the challenger stands. On the other side are the grandstands. The arena has the same dimensions as a normal arena. The default weather is Clear & the only Weather that can take effect is Sun & Sandstorm.

Summary: Arena with Oasis, Diggable sandy surface, Oasis positioned near the middle of arena. Default weather: Clear, it can never hail or rain here

OPEN CHALLENGE

3v3 Triples
2 Day DQ Time
residual and can be ignored said:
I'll take this.

Switch? To whom?
All abilities
No items
Arena: A cliffside, with a waterfall off of it. Any pokémon that fall off of the edge and don't have some form of flight/levitation (ref's discretion) take 20 HP damage. The water enables the use of all water-type moves, and there are enough rocks in the stream for moves such as Rock Slide, but there is no Digging, and an Earthquake has a 25% chance of collapsing the cliff, forcing everyone to fall and battle below. The ground has the river continuing from the waterfall, but Dig and Earthquake are usable there.

Edit: Darn, too slow. Okay, I'm making this an OPEN CHALLENGE. Same rules as Random's, this arena. Abilities and items are the taker's choice.

Launching something to everyone out there...
6v6 Triples
1 Day DQ Time
2 Recoveries/5 Chills... blah blah blah
I don't want to unallowed FE pokemon, but i don't want to be in dissadventage either so, there's a little rule, all of your pokes Base Stats (Atk, Def, SpA, SpD) is gonna be added and they must be <60, so with 6 pokes thay must be at about 10 stats per pokemon, also max 1 poke with HP above 100

Arena: "Paris Opera House"
The Very Antique Teather with a lot of rooms, there are big spaces and a lot of places like balconys and a big area in the middle of the stage where the pokemons can battle while hearing the orchestra, the use of water is possible due to the big tanks of water in the back (with the wardrobe and utilery)

*still because this is a historycal place, the use of sismic activity is strictly forvided

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'll accept your challenge, Gerard. I can make it work with 1 FE, 1 mid-stage, and 4 basic stage Pokemon with exactly 60 stat points amongst them.

All Abilities
No Items
Switch=KO

I'll ref this, PM me your teams please.

Challenging Terrador to a 1v1 Singles!

DQ: 1 Day (Solid)
Moves: 1 Recover, 5 Chills
Arena: A junkyard full of random crap. As long as it is something that could logically be thrown in a regular junkyard (No atom bombs), pokemon can use them in some way.

Middle Stage/Single Stage pokes only.
PM one pokemon to the ref
Bring it, bro.
No items/All abilities/Switch=roody-poo.
Requesting a ref for this.

Challenging Terrador14 to a battle of the potential Poison-Type Gym Leaders!!

4v4 Singles
1 Day DQ
Arena: Chartreuse City Gym
The layout of this park-like Gym resembles an abandoned playground; the floor is sand with a rusty merry-go-round quarantined into quadrants sitting in the center of the floor serving as transportation between the west, east, south and north portions of the room.
Lenneth and Laharl sit in the far north of the Gym, waiting for trainers to battle their way through the different ends of the area to activate the switches that cause the carousel to rotate in different directions. In addition, all the Gym trainers and challengers are required to wear surgeon-like Gas Masks as the air in the Gym is terribly contaminated due to the barrels of Skuntank Toxin-Extract located around the interior of the building.

Important Facts:
-The air is poisonous, Poisoning any Pokemon who can be Poisoned as they enter the battle.

-Poison Types and Pokemon with Dry Skin regain 2 HP per action.

-The fumes are highly combustible, and thus Pokemon deal more damage (+3 BP) with Fire attacks, Selfdestruct, and Explosion.

-The ground allows digging, but Earthquakes are prohibited because of the volatile chemicals scattered around the area.

Only Poison Types allowed! (Preferably 2 FE and 2 NFE)

Be there or be square! :3

Challenging Terrador14 to a battle of the potential Poison-Type Gym Leaders!!

4v4 Singles
1 Day DQ
Arena: Chartreuse City Gym
The layout of this park-like Gym resembles an abandoned playground; the floor is sand with a rusty merry-go-round quarantined into quadrants sitting in the center of the floor serving as transportation between the west, east, south and north portions of the room.
Lenneth and Laharl sit in the far north of the Gym, waiting for trainers to battle their way through the different ends of the area to activate the switches that cause the carousel to rotate in different directions. In addition, all the Gym trainers and challengers are required to wear surgeon-like Gas Masks as the air in the Gym is terribly contaminated due to the barrels of Skuntank Toxin-Extract located around the interior of the building.

Important Facts:
-The air is poisonous, Poisoning any Pokemon who can be Poisoned as they enter the battle.

-Poison Types and Pokemon with Dry Skin regain 2 HP per action.

-The fumes are highly combustible, and thus Pokemon deal more damage (+3 BP) with Fire attacks, Selfdestruct, and Explosion.

-The ground allows digging, but Earthquakes are prohibited because of the volatile chemicals scattered around the area.

Only Poison Types allowed! (Preferably 2 FE and 2 NFE)

Be there or be square! :3
Sounds fun; the FEs I'm bringing troll your entire team, but Scipio is a complete liability, seeing as he's UT and all. Seems about equal. No items, all abilities, Switch=OK.

Also, this match cannot begin until my 2v2 Doubles with -Charmander- is finished, so when we get a ref, I'll notify him when I'm done with that fight.

Sounds fun; the FEs I'm bringing troll your entire team, but Scipio is a complete liability, seeing as he's UT and all. Seems about equal. No items, all abilities, Switch=OK.

Also, this match cannot begin until my 2v2 Doubles with -Charmander- is finished, so when we get a ref, I'll notify him when I'm done with that fight.
Reffing this when Terrador is ready.

I'm finally back from vacation...so I'll send out an open challenge.

2v2 Doubles
1 Day DQ, 2 for ref
Arena: A Junkyard
Many lost items and stuff slowly rust and rot away in this junkyard. Magnets are incredibly dangerous to use, but can be powerful if used correctly. In fact, several unpowered electrmagnets lay about. Plenty of crowbars, fenders, nails, and other items can be used as weapons in this ruthless arena. The ref must be clear on what items are within reach of what pokemon.

3v3 Singles
2 Day DQ
Arena: Island
NFEs only

The area is an island where there are palm trees in every corner. Nothing special right? Well there's a twist. Every turn the weather shifts (The Cycle being: Sun, Sandstorm, Hail, Rain). The water surrounding the island changes depending on the weather: in Rain it is a flash flood and Pokemon may trip, causing the next move to fail, in hail the water freezes and Pokemon can walk on the ice, just watch out for the spots were the ice is weak, you might fall. In Sandstorm, Pokemon without having an ability that increases accuracy will get the accuracy of their attacks reduced by 10%. In Sun the sand becomes extremely hot, so all non-fire types will have 7 damage taken off if they stay still. Note that the weather cannot be changed by moves (Rain Dance, Sandstorm etc.) But Pokemon that change the effect of weather / the weather by their abilities (Cloud Nine Pokemon, Sandstream Pokemon) can still have the weather as whatever they want.

BIG THINGS TO REMEMBER:

• Island with palm trees everwhere
  • every turn the weather shifts (The cycle: sun,sandstorm,hail,rain)
  • effects commence depending on the weather.
  • Weather changing moves won't work
  • Pokemon with abilities that effect the weather will still work, though.

may as well also throw out a challenge.

2v2 doubles
0 recoveries / 0 chills
2 day dq
bug types only!

up to the ref to decide what quirks the arena has.

I'm finally back from vacation...so I'll send out an open challenge.

2v2 Doubles
1 Day DQ, 2 for ref
Arena: A Junkyard
Many lost items and stuff slowly rust and rot away in this junkyard. Magnets are incredibly dangerous to use, but can be powerful if used correctly. In fact, several unpowered electrmagnets lay about. Plenty of crowbars, fenders, nails, and other items can be used as weapons in this ruthless arena. The ref must be clear on what items are within reach of what pokemon.
I'll take this, abilities are off, and items are on, anyone want to ref?

Kay, how aboot this.

OPEN CHALLENGE:

2v2 Dubs
2 Rec/Chillax
2 Day Dairy Queen

Arena is the inside of a snowglobe, with it's water drained. There is a plastic house in the middle, and a mountain on the wall. Things that can climb well/stick to things can squiggle up the walls all they want. No actual snow. No bonuses for any type. Dig can't be used very well, but can be used purely as an attack, no evasive digs. Flying is limited in room, but possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)