Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

breh

強いだね
leavanny is awesome ingame :D

I mean how can you not like having a fully evolved pokemon with decent stats by the freaking resort desert?

Emboar was cool too.

So I did a lot of runs of Japanese Black, since I was borrowing it from a friend while he replaced his stolen DS. 4 runs, to be exact. The 4th was a hilarious megastall team I sent over (which ended up with Leech Seed/SR/Curse/Gyro Ball Ferrothorn pretty much owning the entire game). But the first three goes were more fun.

Each time I picked a different starter (Samurott, then Serperior, then Emboar). Then I picked a "secondary" for them (Excadrill, Scrafty, Galvantula). Finally, someone to fill in the cracks, as it were (Darmanitan, Haxorus, Krookodile). Type synergy wasn't really a big deal, tbh, since in-game only Ghetsis matters at all, and even then only his Hydreigon.

But the real story here was the support crew.

Cut is stupid. The monkey learned it and was promptly boxed.

I caught a Cottonee ASAP and got it to the point where it knew Stun Spore/Leech Seed, and then later Flash. And then it was DONE. Know what's fun? Messing with anything that's 30 or 40 levels higher than you with priority Flash and then lasting forever. Level 17 Cottonee even KO'd Kyurem because I Seeded accidentally once.

Roggenrola is sorta member #2, but I usually replaced any initial Roggenrola with a Boldore later on, since I refused to actually battle with any of the support team. Sturdy was the real key here. Switching my level 20-something into an attack and surviving it means a chance to heal up someone who matters. Mud Slap added to the fun, and then Strength for some utility.

And finally Ducklett. Surf and Fly make him the most convenient member to lug around. He's got nothing on Pelipper, though. However, the Duck never actually saw combat outside of a sacrifice when Boldore wasn't available.

They weren't meant to be a complete HM set, mind you. Waterfall and Dive are pretty irrelevant anyway.

So what'd everyone else use for their "utility" Pokemon? Obviously HM Slaves, but beyond that too, if anyone besides me plays like that.

PS: In case you're wondering, doing all battles with only 3 Pokemon ever getting EXP + Lucky Egg being moved around constantly = horribly overleveled Pokemon. I wasn't playing for challenge, though, but to collect a mess of Reshiram/Tornadus/etc.

There is probably a forum for this, but I'm too lazy to look quite frankly.

So anyway, what was yall's Favorite Pokemon In-Game, This Gen?

Solely based on Being In-Game Pokemon that I used In Game, I would say Gigalith is my favorite and Krookodile is my very close Second Favorite.
its so obviously ONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONOKUSU

Seriously. Dragon Dance rapes shit and this guy makes Ghetsis look like a complete joke. Sub on Cofagrigus, DD to +6, Dragon Claw on EVERY SINGLE THING.

Volcarona is the best. It's cuddly and will burn the opponent's team down to little shreds. It is amazing and is the most deadly Quiver Dancer. Lilligant was kind of underwhelming to me; as a Petilil it was just horrible and as a Lilligant it supported more often than it swept. Still, it was a decent catcher...

Zen form damanitan is awesome and is awesome in game, conkeldurr is also a beast. Galvantula, Sawsbuck and Golurk were really well designed and were top additions.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm on my second runthrough. I think I'll evaluate my parties from both runthroughs.
Samurott: I freaking LOVE this guy. Quite possibly my favorite starter of all time due to mixed attacking and megahorn
awesomeness.

Musharna: Crappy movepool killed this thing. I evolved it too early and got stuck with psybeam as my only attack :/. Still, pretty good at tanking hits; he was my go-to guy while I revived my party.

Zebstrika: Faster than a speeding bullet, but a bit of a glass cannon. Wild charge is a pretty cool attack, but this guy started feeling underpowered by the end.

Unfezant: Think pidgey line. That's pretty much all I can say.

Stoutland: Greatest early-game normal of all time. Take down at lvl 18 OHKO's pretty much everything, and dont even get me started on retaliate. Great attack stat completes the package.

Conkeldurr: It kills things with ease. It doesn't die. What more do you want?

NOTE: This one is still in progress.

Emboar: Not quite Samurott, but pretty damn close. Heat crash rapes and take down kills everything too heavy to be killed by heat crash.

Seismitoad: Decent. Its bulky, but other than that none of its stats really stand out, and its movepool is meh. Imma go with "adequate" on this one.

Scrafty: Picture a pokemon with STAB on a 130 base power attack with a miniscule drawback. Now give that pokemon an ability that makes it stronger every time it kills something (easy to do with that attack). Now slap great defenses on it and you have Scrafty, AKA SirRapesALot

Archeops: Scrafty level of rape. Outspeeds and OHKO's everything with acrobatics. No, seriously. Acrobatics has literally OHKOed EVERY SINGLE TIME. Thats awesome right there.

Krokorok: I'll edit this later when I evolve it. For now, its a bit of a glass cannon :/

Gigalith: I always loved Golem, and this is just a better Golem. Why? Pure rock and sturdy.

White.

Zekrom is arguably better than Reshiram, and Thundurus is definitely better than Tornadus.

Those are pretty much the only two reasons to pick one or the other, and white's exclusives win by a landslide. I'm speaking on competitive terms, of course...if you just like reshiram/tornadus better, then pick black.

I chose White, mostly because I liked the pokemans much better (Liligant, Thundurus, Zekrom). However, because I took my sweet time completing the game, White Forest is a bloody wasteland right now.

Haxus is may favorite in game pokemon. He is like the only dragon though out the seris that you get mid game at a decent level. Also, Haxrus is useful combetivly as well.

I've done a White run-through with Samurott and now I use it as my main game, so I use it for breeding and holding all my bro's and shinies in boxes.

I went through Black with Tepig and now i'm doing a run through with Snivy. Does anyone know a good team of 6 that go well with Snivy? (Mine has a + Attack nature so I can actually kill stuff)

Darmanitan is prolly a requirement for Snivy users(well, idk, since I used Victini ingame anyway). Hits like a FUCKING TRUCK and can 2HKO E4 mons that are like 6-8 levels higher than it with Flare Blitz.

Water types suck in this game so you might as well use Panpour if you are using a FWG core.

i like the idea of battling more trainers in City. You get your money's worth or at least in game wise. i do wish there were more three on three but rotations not bad, and going up against Shaga's not bad

ugh. This is random.

So I managed to get an AR and decided to check the IVs of all my Pokemon for the hell of it.

Turns out, I have random shit including a Drifblim with max SpD and Spe IVs(fucking encounters, how do they work?), a numerous amount of Pinecos with 0 Atk IVs(fuck breeding), and a Panpour with max Attack, Speed and a Jolly nature... would be awesome if physical Simipour wasn't a joke. >.>

ugh. This is random.

So I managed to get an AR and decided to check the IVs of all my Pokemon for the hell of it.

Turns out, I have random shit including a Drifblim with max SpD and Spe IVs(fucking encounters, how do they work?), a numerous amount of Pinecos with 0 Atk IVs(fuck breeding), and a Panpour with max Attack, Speed and a Jolly nature... would be awesome if physical Simipour wasn't a joke. >.>
Then again, if you so wanted good IV-ed Pokemon, you could pick up RNG-ing, as it's apparently easier now. I'm going to learn in December (fuck school)... However, if you don't care about legitimacy, use Pokegen; it's incredibly handy to hack flawless EV-ed Pokemon for stuff like Battle Subway.

It's not like you wifi trade anyway!

Then again, if you so wanted good IV-ed Pokemon, you could pick up RNG-ing, as it's apparently easier now. I'm going to learn in December (fuck school)... However, if you don't care about legitimacy, use Pokegen; it's incredibly handy to hack flawless EV-ed Pokemon for stuff like Battle Subway.

It's not like you wifi trade anyway!
I don't RNG for specific reasons

1. Laziness
2. I can't find my SID because I don't have a shiny
3. Laziness again
4. Top secret reason that'd prolly kill me

Although yeah. I do have an awesome Simipour in there, might want to actually make a physical set lol

Simipour @ Flight Gem
4 HP/252 ATK/252 SPE
Jolly
Gluttony

Acrobatics
Work Up
Waterfall
Crunch

yeah shit set but hopefully SHOULD be fine.

I've decided to start a new Pokemon White save file, this time i chose Oshawott unlike the other save in which i picked tepig. By the way, Emboar was the worse fire type starting I've ever used, disgusting. I named my Oshawott Ryujin and i currently have a clear plan of what my team is going to be.

Oshawott
Haxorus
Semisear / Chandelure
Rankurusu
Krookodile
Liligant

Team might change depending on how i feel.

Darmanitan is a requirement for in-game teams basically. Chandelure doesn't turn up until far too late and Simisear is so bad it's not even funny.

The rest of your team looks fine. Try and get a Mold Breaker Haxorus, because Rivalry is a dick.

Why does everyone fear Ghetsis' Hydreigon? Meinshao generally outspeeds and OHKO's it with HJK. Hell, Meinshao basically destroys Ghetsis by itself bar his lead Cofagrigus. You can get Meinfoo at level 41 right there at Victory Road, and then it's just a miniscule amount of grinding til HJK destruction.

Now that I think of it, Meinshao absolutely destroys N as well. Amazing late-game'ish Pokemon imo.

Darmanitan is a requirement for in-game teams basically. Chandelure doesn't turn up until far too late and Simisear is so bad it's not even funny.

The rest of your team looks fine. Try and get a Mold Breaker Haxorus, because Rivalry is a dick.
Not really, Chandy comes at a pretty good time it's just that you have to grind as a Litwick for most of the game

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)