Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Why have a potentially crippling arena effect when you can run from it? Battles should be dangerously fun!

Also, I need a ref for this battle on the previous page:

4v4 Doubles
1 Recovery/3 Chills
2 Day DQ
All Pokemon entered in the battle must be capable of evolving.
Arena: Trainer School - the middle years.
It's not quite daycare but it isn't the big leagues either. The battle takes place on the small arena outside the School, basically a scaled down version of the usual tournament arena. There is a 9 foot wide pool or water in the middle of the field and the ground is soft and digable but hard enough to sustain a seismic wave. There are no restrictions on moves but as the field is a little smaller than usual then proximity will never be an issue. However, some of the school's training Pokemon get slightly miffed at battles taking place on their turf without anyone inviting them. At the end of each round a randomly determined second stage starter Pokemon will appear. They will then target one of the active participants (determined at random) with a signature move of theirs (to be determined by the referee).

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hate it when your accept hits the bottom of a page. Still need a ref for this:

So, I have 3 free battle slots. Time to issue some challenges.

4v4 Doubles
2 Day DQ (3 for ref)
2 Recoveries/8 Chills
Arena: Planet Namek

Native home of the Namekians, the surface is largely covered in water, with many small islands scattered across the planet. The Namekians are a peaceful race that dislikes violence. At the end of each round, there is a 15% chance that a Namekian will come across the battle. They will tend to the wounded, healing 15 HP and restoring 5 Energy to all Pokemon in the battle. At the end of each round, there is a 5% chance that Frieza will come and destroy an island that has a Pokemon on it. All Pokemon on that island will take 20 Damage and will fall into the water. They can choose to stay in the water and fight, or use an action to swim to the nearest island and get back on land. Non-Water-type Pokemon will have a much harder time moving and fighting in water (how much is up to the ref).
This sounds like a good match to me.

All Abilities
Switch=KO
No Items[/Quote]

3v3 Singles
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
2 Day DQ
The total evolution stage of the team cannot exceed 5 (ie Blastoise = 3, Pikachu = 2, Pinsir = 1)
Arena: We're on a boat!
For some unknown reason we thought it would be a good idea to have a Pokemon battle on a sailboat, and the seas are a little rough. Water is abundant, so not only are moves like Surf both available and encouraged, the energy cost of any water type move is reduced by one. Seismic activity is not possible (you would sink the boat!). In addition there is a 25% chance for it to begin raining at the end of every round. Should the rain start it will last for 2 rounds rather than the usual four (storms pass quickly at sea). Arr me hearties there be no land lubbers welcomed here (or something along those lines...)
Taking Deadfoxes Singles challenge
1 Ability
No items or switch
Me and Deadfox need a ref

So, I was gonna wait until all my Battle slots were open, but we just finished a film study; that'll be put into context in a moment.

Open Challenge
1v1 Singles, 1st Forms
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
2 Day DQ

Arena; That Field with a Tree at the End of Shawshank Redemption...
where Andy Dufresne (pronounced Doo-Frain) and his wife made love and he proposed and she said yes and many years later Red went back and got the letter and the money that encouraged him to break his parole and go to Zihuatanejo where they meet and have a broment.

- Simple little field with an inclination of the ground towards the tree. A rock wall lines the edge of the field, and the competitors stand about 15m away from it, while being 80m away from each other. Ground is Diggable, Earthquake and such are usable, and Surf and the like are possible, because there was a river about 8m wide that no one else saw. The camera didn't point that way, see; they couldn't have known. =]

Also, seeing as this battle is set around the 1940's, everyone has to listen to at least 1 song by the Ink Spots. =]

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
First attempt at doubles
4v4 Doubles, final stage banned (middle is fine)
DQ=idgaf (if its an issue 2 people can call it)
Arena=Acceptor's choice (a pond is appreciated but w/e)

Also challenging Objection

4v4 doubles
2 day DQ
1 recover/3 chills
Objection is coming up with the arena.
Accepting Kaxtar's challenge.

One ability
No items
Switching is enabled

Arena: Cyberspace (stolen from Spenstar)

Arena: Cyberspace

The battlers are standing on Porygon-Pink tiles that glow white when a Pokemon or trainer is on or directly above it. All moves are legal, as the tiles can take on any properties, from diggable ground to surf-water to grass knot material. However, these properties disappear immediately after usage, and cannot affect the field itself. There is no weather since this IS cyberspace, but when a weather move/ability is used, the tiles will react to emulate the desired weather effect.

Summary: All moves are legal and have their normal capabilities. The whole cyberspace tile thing is just for flavour.
Kaxtar and I still need a ref for this. If the arena's too mundane, I can change it to something else.

First attempt at doubles
4v4 Doubles, final stage banned (middle is fine)
DQ=idgaf (if its an issue 2 people can call it)
Arena=Acceptor's choice (a pond is appreciated but w/e)
I'll take this, I have some new pokemon I want to train.

Switch = KO
One ability
No items
DQ: 3 days

Arena: Sootopolis City
The weather is randomly rain or sun every turn, and will change to one of the two at the start of the next round if changed during a round. Kyogre and Groudon are fighting in the center of the city, and any attack that would hit them could earn retaliation from either or both of them on any or all of the battling Pokémon. The water and mountains enable all water and rock based moves to be used, and only Earthquake is prohibited.

Open Challenge!
1v1 Singles!
Infinite Recoveries, N/A Chills
Arena: Mega Man Battle Network
Awwwwwww yeaaaaaaaaaah, Mega Man Battle Network. Both Pokemon are transported into the arena, which consists of two zones, one red and one blue. There is no Energy in this match; instead, the combatants use Battle Chips. The Battle Chips available are pulled from the used Pokemon's attacks (you may only PM 1 Pokemon to the ref) and the universal chips available to every Pokemon listed below. Only four of any given chip can be put into a single Folder; similarly, only 1 of the more powerful MegaChips below can be chosen. When PMing the ref your Pokemon, PM the ref your Folder as well. Before each round, each player is PM'd 6 random chips, of which they can perform their actions. The only actions that can be performed without BattleChips are Blaster (4 BP, typeless, 100 Acc, either Physical or Special) and Evade (equivalent to Dodge in normal battles). All BattleChips work exactly as normal attacks would, ex. the Fly chip has a -priority strike and evasion at 0 priority, while the Fake Out chip has +4 priority and flinching capabilities. Once a BattleChip is used, that given chip is removed for the rest of the game.

Universal BattleChips (Normal):
Recov10 (Restores 10 HP)
Cannon (8 BP, Normal, Special, 95% Acc)
Vulcan (3 BP, 2-5 hits, Normal, Physical, 90% Acc)
Bubbler (8 BP, Water, 85% Acc, Special. Deals damage to both a Substitute and a real Pokemon if both are there)
Heater (8 BP, Fire, 85% Acc, Special. Deals damage to both a Substitute and a real Pokemon if both are there)
CrossBomb (12 BP, Normal, Special, 80% Acc)
Sword (10 BP, Steel, Physical, 90% Acc)
Guard (Negates an attack and deals half the damage it would have dealt)
SideBamboo (7 BP, 95% Acc, Grass, Physical, 10% chance to inflict 15% paralysis)
Thunder1 (11 BP, Electric, Special, 70% Acc)
Boomer1 (4 BP, Rock, 90% Acc, Physical, hits twice)
CrackPnl (8 BP, Ground, Physical, 100% Acc)
Invis1 (+1 Evasion)
Barrier1 (10 HP Substitute, no expense to your HP)
Hole (6 BP, Dark, --Acc)

MegaChips:
Recov30 (Restores 30 HP)
LifeSword (20 BP, Steel, Physical, 95% Acc)
MegaCannon (20 BP, Normal, Special, 100% Acc)
TimeBomb (30 BP, Fire, Special, deals damage to all combatants, --Acc)
MegaVulc (3 BP, Normal, 100% Acc, hits 10 times)

Tell me whether you plan on using a fully evolved Pokemon or a first-stage Pokemon; I don't have a middle-stage Pokemon, so please don't bring one of those.

Mad editz: Forgot to mention that Folders consist of 30 BattleChips.

Open Challenge!

3v3 Singles
2 Recoveries / 5 Chills
2 Days DQ
The ref gets to choose arena.

Oh, and I'd prefer to battle something weaker, although I won't back out if you come at me with fully evolved things.

OPEN CHALLENGE TIME!!!

1v1 Singles
2 Recovers
Arena: Mischeivous Island
First Evolutions only

Mischeivous Island seems like a normal Island to most people, but the Pokemon that inhabit the stage gives it it's name. 8 Pokemon, all 1st evolutions or no evolution Pokemon with the ability Prankster all inhabit the island, and all of them have 2 specific move that they use against the battling Pokemon, which you can find at the end of the post. Other than that, it is a regular Island with sand, palm trees, and that's about it.

Cottonee- Stun Spore / Mega Drain
Tornadus- Rain Dance / Hurricane
Thundurus- Taunt / Thundershock
Murkrow- Whirlwind / Brave Bird
Sableye- Will-O-Wisp / Astonish
Volbeat / Illumise- Attract / Bug Buzz
Riolu- Sunny Day / Force Palm

Cottonee- 6
Thundurus / Tornadus- 1
Murkrow- 5
Sableye- 2
Volbeat/ Illumise- 4
Riolu- 3

Ref rolls an imaginary dice and depending on the number he gets, thats what Pokemon comes out.

OPEN CHALLENGE TIME!!!

1v1 Singles
2 Recovers
First Evolutions only

Mischeivous Island seems like a normal Island to most people, but the Pokemon that inhabit the stage gives it it's name. 8 Pokemon, all 1st evolutions or no evolution Pokemon with the ability Prankster all inhabit the island, and all of them have 2 specific move that they use against the battling Pokemon, which you can find at the end of the post. Other than that, it is a regular Island with sand, palm trees, and that's about it.

Cottonee- 6
Thundurus / Tornadus- 1
Murkrow- 5
Sableye- 2
Volbeat/ Illumise- 4
Riolu- 3

Ref rolls an imaginary dice and depending on the number he gets, thats what Pokemon comes out.
I'll take this on. No items, no switch, one ability.

OPEN CHALLENGE TIME!!!

1v1 Singles
2 Recovers
First Evolutions only

Cottonee- 6
Thundurus / Tornadus- 1
Murkrow- 5
Sableye- 2
Volbeat/ Illumise- 4
Riolu- 3

We need a ref for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)