Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Here to find a first battle to kick-start my ASB time.

Open Challenge
2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ / 3 Days Ref
Arena: Standard Close-Quarters Training Room
  • Due to the proximity of combatants; it is more difficult to defend one's own vital areas. All critical hit rates are increased by one (1) stage due to this difficulty of defense. The use of Substitute or other moves that redirect attacks away from one's body are not subject to this increased critical hit rate; the bonus only applies if a vital joint or opening can be attacked.
  • The heat and humidity of this poorly-ventilated room aggravates status conditions. Any major status ailments, such as Burn and Paralysis, inflicted in this arena are boosted to their maximum stage of effectiveness, but they deteriate at twice the normal rate.
  • In this cramped area, sudden attacks are even harder to anticipate than normal. Moves that strike with increased priority cannot miss and gain an additional stage bonus to critical hit rate. Again, this bonus is ignored by protections such as Substitute. In addition, this bonus is denied to Pokémon who have been outspeed this action by a higher-priority damaging move. For example, a user of Quick Attack (+1) would recieve this bonus against most targets, but not against a user of Fake Out (+3) who had attacked them that action.
  • Lastly, the small maximum distance means that mobility is a very slight concern; Pokémon who normally perform poorly on land or who favor swimming can go toe-to-toe with adroit runners and agile fliers on relatively even ground. Water and stones are provided for such moves as Surf and Rock Slide; other such concessions can be generally assumed.
  • Accepter may choose who issues commands first.
  • Each side must have one (1) basic evolving Pokémon (Dratini, Nidoran); and either a mid-stage (Machoke, Ivysaur) or non-evolving (Tauros, Lapras) member. One of each category only.
  • Switching is impossible due to lack of a bench.
  • Items are at the Accepter's option.
  • All abilities are active.
Taking LouisCyphre's match

You command first

No Items
Need dat ref
Reposting for new page (do we do that around here?)

I guess I might as well get back into reffing. Probably the only way I'll ever achieve my army of Bastiodons.

I'll take both LouisCyphre vs Paradoxus and Ragnarokalex vs pimpgangster

Pm your teams!

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Looking for a quick 1v1 singles.

1 Day DQ
2 Recovers / 5 Chills
Arena = Open field with a lake. (As in nothing special at all, like the ASB arena, but not in an arena, and thus more original).

Unevolved Pokemon only please for this one
Also, only send in one Pokemon to the ref. It's more interesting that way.

Looking for a quick 1v1 singles.

1 Day DQ
2 Recovers / 5 Chills
Arena = Open field with a lake. (As in nothing special at all, like the ASB arena, but not in an arena, and thus more original).

Unevolved Pokemon only please for this one
Also, only send in one Pokemon to the ref. It's more interesting that way.
I'll take ya' jas#!

All abilities
No Items
Switch =

I will ref the above. Send me the mon, the thread will be up quite soon (unless one of you is waiting for approval).

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
I'm looking for a quick scuffle if anyone's interested.

Open Challenge
1v1 Singles
2 Day DQ (3 Days Ref)
Arena: Frenzy Arena
  • The spectators in this area are boorish at best - they want to see action, not technique. The proprietors of the arena prefer Pokémon that favor offense over defense. If a Pokémon has Defense equal to or higher than its Attack; or if its Special Defense is equal to or higher than its Special Attack, that Pokémon is restricted and suffers additional penalties as described below.
  • The catcalls of the crowd hamper the focus of all of the battlers, demoralizing them. All Pokémon suffer a -2 morale penalty to damage with all attacks. Restricted Pokémon are especially degraded, and suffer an additional -2 penalty to damage. Pokémon with the abilities Rattled, Run Away, or Defeatist currently active suffer a additional cumulative -1 penalty (applied once for each ability) to their damage. Pokémon with Defiant, Unnerve, or Rivalry (vs. opposite gender) suffer only half this penalty, to a minimum of -1.
  • As a result of the same catcalls, Pokémon with the abilities Justified, Guts, Intimidate, Moxie, Sheer Force, or Rivalry (vs. same gender) suffer no penalty, and instead gain a +2 morale bonus to damage with all damaging attacks. Restricted Pokémon with the proper abilities suffer no penalty, but do not gain the bonus.
  • Pokémon with the ability Soundproof cannot incur any of the bonuses or penalties described above.
  • It is customary in this region to throw tomatoes at Restricted Pokémon. Any Scyther, Magmar, Magmortar, Electibuzz, or Electivire gains a +2 rage bonus to damage when attacking a Restricted Pokémon, due to the vivid red.
  • Accepter may choose who issues commands first.
  • Battlers must be either a mid-stage (Machoke, Ivysaur) or non-evolving (Tauros, Lapras) Pokémon. Additional penalties as per the arena.
  • Items are at the Accepter's option.

Taking LouisCyphre.

No Items
I'll issue first commands.
Switch=BOOOOOOOOO

Ref plox.

Question: Wouldn't Moxie be a positive ability to have in that arena, also?

Open challenge... 1v1v1v1v1v1 FREE FOR ALL

Each player will choose the pokemon for an opponent.

1st chooses for 2nd
2nd chooses for 3rd
3rd chooses for 4th
4th chooses for 5th
5th chooses for me

Note that you tell what pokemon your chosen opponent uses to the ref

1st chooses stage
2nd chooses number of recoveries
3rd chooses NFEs or not
4th chooses items
5th chooses # of chills

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
I lol'd, so whats the stage? Remember it needs to be large
You want large?

Open Challenge
1v1v1v1v1v1 Singles
2 Day DQ (3 Days Ref)
Arena: The Labyrinth
  • This arena is a dank, wet stone passage with an open sky. Each battler starts off in a different part of the maze. What this essentially means is that no contact can be made with opponents you haven't found.
  • In the Labyrinth, all battlers may use the command Search.

New Command
    Search
    The Pokémon spends one (1) action searching the maze for an opponent. After three uses, the Referee will generate a random opponent - the user of Search finds that opponent in the maze, along with any Pokémon the found opponent was already fighting. Search consumes no energy.

[*]Pokémon capable of true flight (i.e. not simple levitation or hovering) may find an opponent in a single usage of Search.
    [*]Combat raises a loud din that carries for a long ways in the cold, hard stone passages. If a Pokémon is battling, it is possible for opponents to Search specifically for that Pokémon. If they Search for a Pokémon engaged in battle three times, they find that Pokémon, instead of a random opponent.
    [*]It is possible to lay hazards for your opponents, damaging unwary travelers. Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and Stealth Rock can be laid as traps when not in battle with an opponent, damaging them if they don't watch their step. Every time an opponent uses Search, they have a 20% chance to step on a given hazard if it's been laid. Check the chance for each layer separately, unless those layers are stacked. No more than one hazard can be encountered per Search. Check all instances of Spikes (smallest stack to largest), then Stealth Rock, then Toxic Spikes (smallest stack to largest), in that order.
    [*]The walls are impossibly sturdy; seismic activity does no noticable damage to them. The walls are too slick to be climbed, even with hooks or suction cups. The floor is covered with a foot and a half of standing water, sufficient for smaller swimmers and water-based attacks. The water has no effect on fire attacks, and is not sufficiently saline to conduct electrical attacks properly.
    [*]

How's that for an arena?

1st chooses for 2nd
2nd chooses for 3rd
3rd chooses for 4th
4th chooses for 5th
5th chooses for me

1st chooses stage
3rd chooses NFEs or not
4th chooses items
5th chooses # of chills
I guess I'm third.
Fully evolved pokemon are allowed.

Well, I've been out of battles for a while, got no slots filled up... time for a new one, eh?

2 vs 2 doubles
2 recovers, 5 chills
3 day DQ for players, 4 for ref.
Arena: Referee training grounds

This sacred arena is where expert refs train their not-so-good refs. In here is a blank, computer arena in which the ref gets to decide how it all goes down. The referee gets to change any settings, from weather to random effects, to what the stage looks like. It's all up to the ref in this matter. This arena is so awesome with that, that the ref managers and prize approvers may post what the arena should be instead!

General details on arena.

- Blank, open room unless specified
- Ref chooses everything that happens in the arena (Weather, random effects, stage look, obstacles etc.)
- Ref managers and Prize Approver's may post an arena or effect to use, and it will auto-be used next time. If multiple post an arena or effect of the same kind, it's up to the ref on which to use.

Might as well let our hard working folks have some fun, right?
*prods forward to this page, as my opponent had other things to do, so I lost them*

Er, yeah...

1st chooses for 2nd
2nd chooses for 3rd
3rd chooses for 4th
4th chooses for 5th
5th chooses for me

1st chooses stage
3rd chooses NFEs or not
4th chooses items
5th chooses # of chills
BRING IT ON! >:D

And since I'm #4, items are ON! As for the music...I can't seem to think of one right now. You guys think of one. I mean there's going to be 5 of us. XD

And one more battle for good measure. I always wanted to use this arena.

Battle type: 3v3 Singles
DQ Time: 3 days
Recoveries: 2 recovery moves/5 chills
Restrictions: None
Song: Audioslave - Be Yourself
Arena: Sleepy Park

Sleepy Park (Outdoor Custom Arena): Sleepy Park is a simple playground that has lacked human activity for quite some time. Its area is fairly large, quite lengthy with a moderate width. The park is paved with a gravel surface and lying on the outskirts is a grassy terrain leading to a wooded area. A pair of swings sit close to the outskirts of the park. Four pairs of swings hang down from it's wooden exterior. Nearby lies a tilted merry-go-round. This metallic disk consisting of a cross hatching of sturdy handles still stands fairly strong, but it's obvious time has done its toll to the aged structure. Upon the left stretch of this park lies a set of swings designed for the younger children. Only two pairs hang freely from the suspended metal bar. The right side of this park possesses some markings within the grass and dust which indicate previous structures which has once stood there, no removed from the premises. Around the bottom of Sleepy park lies its entrance along with an aged sign warning citizens to play at their own risk, but to have a good time. A power line runs extended from one side of the park to the other.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
Boring arena this time; they can't all feature David Bowie.

Open Challenge
2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ (3 Days Ref)
Arena: Verdant Greenhouse
  • The initial weather is Permanent Sun.
  • Weathers other than Sun last half their normal duration, rounded down.
  • Fire damage can't be resisted by typing. (i.e. a Water/Dragon takes x1 damage from Fire instead of x0.44.)
  • Respondent may choose who issues commands first.
  • Each side must have one (1) basic evolving Pokémon (Dratini, Nidoran); and either a mid-stage (Machoke, Ivysaur) or non-evolving (Tauros, Lapras) member. One of each category only.
  • Items are at the Respondent's option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)