R U READY FOR RU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Battle between Fizz and bluemon started!

Tier: BW RU
Variation: +19, -12
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

My team:

Okay. One thing I want to say. I LOVE RU. After spending time sweeping OU with flareon and sweeping UU with farfetch’d, I couldn’t wait until I got my hands on my UU team. I just HAD to start with venomoth. After using him in OU, I knew he would be PERFECT, if not OVERPOWERED in the lead position. In over half the matches, I sweep just by baton passing some boosts to porygon-z. I can set up on all leads except the common Honchkrow. But I don’t mind, since I can start off the battle with an easy kill and a boosted porygon with the sacrifice of one pokemon. (venomoth)

Okay. After getting my sweeping core set up on my team, I needed a wall, tank/ set up sweeper. Miltank is beast. I have fallen in love with this cow in 4th gen with the introduction of scrappy, and it is even better in 5th gen. People do not expect miltank to be bulky, and it outspeed a lot of pokemon even with -1.

I got three of my team mates together, and I looked at the top pokemon for the RU tier. There they were—yangmega and sharpedo. Two speed boost pokemon. I just HAD to use one of them for the sheer “bandwagon” effect. Yanmega is good and all, but without tinted lens, not that useful, so I chose sharpedo, who can fire off its STAB almost non resistedly. (and it has a priority).

Okay. So I had two spots left, and during one match, I was faced with shedinja. Oh shit. The only thing that could hit is was sharpedo and my porygon. My sharpedo was dead, stealth rock was gone of the field, and porygon was low health. Turns out my porygon was baited into killing itself with life orb recoil, and BAM. Shedinja sweep. So I decided to use shedinja MYSELF. And to use this wonderguarded freak, I would need a rapid spinner. That’s where the final spot comes in.

When I started building OU teams with SUPER underrated pokemon (farfetch’d, flareon, tangela…) I also made a ALL-shellbreak team. In that team were cloyster, of course, and above all, macargo and TORKOAL. Now Torkoal has VERY good defenses. It is also a fire type, which is good in some cases. It also has stealth rock, will-o-wisp, and rapid spin. So I chose this guy over blastoise. Theyre turtle bros anyways.

SO I take a look at his team and I see…. I see honchkrow. Damn. There goes my porygon sweep. But I can easily go for modified lead tactic. Whenever I see a honchkrow, I lead with my ususal lead, of course. But I do things a little differently. Since almost all honckrow have Insomnia, (or at least bluffs insomnia) sleep powder is usually not a good option. So in the case of honchkrows I do one of the following two things. 1) attack with bug buzz, then attack again while getting hit by sucker punch, and then KO with aquajet from sharpedo. Or if I am feeling gutsy, 1) attack with bug buzz, then quiver dance while sucker punch fails, then outspeed and baton pass. In this case, I don’t feel so gutsy so after seeing honchkrow as the lead, I go with the first plan.

bluemon sent out Venomoth!
Fizz sent out Honchkrow!

(100%) vs
(100%)

Yup. Everyone when they see venomoth, lead with honchkrow to block sleep powder. Now im just going to do what I alwys do against a honchkrow lead. ATTACK.

Start of turn 1
Venomoth used Bug Buzz!
The foe's Honchkrow lost 45% of its health!

The foe's Honchkrow used Brave Bird!
It's super effective!
Venomoth lost 343 HP! (99% of its health)
Venomoth hung on using its Focus Sash!
The foe's Honchkrow is hit with recoil!
The foe's Honchkrow is hurt by its Life Orb!

(1%) vs
(45%)

All right perfect. I WILL lose my lead, but I will get rid of a threat to all my team. Now I have 1 hp left, while he is at the KO range of my aqua jet from my shrapedo. As I said earlier, I could quiver dance then baton pass, to prevent sucker punch from hitting, but that is SOO risky. So I will go the safe path and attack, then revenge with my sharpedo.

Start of turn 2
The foe's Honchkrow used Sucker Punch!
Venomoth lost 1 HP! (0% of its health)
Venomoth fainted!
The foe's Honchkrow is hurt by its Life Orb!

bluemon sent out Sharpedo!

(0%) ->
(100%) vs
(2%)

As I said again. The next turn is pretty basic. I will aqua jet so I can out speed the sucker punch and also gain an attack boost.

Start of turn 3
Sharpedo used Aqua Jet!
The foe's Honchkrow lost 2% of its health!
The foe's Honchkrow fainted!
Sharpedo is hurt by its Life Orb!

Sharpedo's Speed Boost increases its speed!
Sharpedo's Speed rose!
Fizz sent out Alomomola!

(90%) +1 speed vs
(0%) ->
(100%)

I kill the honchkrow, and in comes… alomomola? I have to be honest. I have never seen this in RU. I have seen this in OU, but it ran soak + toxic. Very noobish. I do know that it is as bulky as vaporeon but more physically. I seriously don’t know what to expect from this huge luvdisc, so I protect.

Start of turn 4
Sharpedo used Protect!
Sharpedo protected itself!

The foe's Alomomola used Wish!

Sharpedo's Speed rose!

(90%) +2 speed vs
(100%)

Wish? He probably expected an attack. I know that I will weaken this behemoth if I keep attacking it with crunch, and I don’t think sharpedo will do much damage in this game (since everything pokemon is bulky and is able to take anything he can dish out) I will just keep him in and ATTACK and ATTACK. I do make a misplay tho, and I protect… again? Idk what I was thinking. Probably risked 50% chance to scout something.

Start of turn 5
Sharpedo used Protect!
But it failed!

The foe's Alomomola used Toxic!
Sharpedo was poisoned!

Alomomola's wish came true!
Sharpedo's Speed rose!
Sharpedo is hurt by poison!

(83%) +3 speed vs
(100%)

And I get hit with toxic. With the combination of toxic damage and life orb recoil, I will only be able to attack the lucdisc twice or thrice. Oh well. I will be weakening it, so I don’t really care. I do look at possible switch in options. I see that this thing has toxic, so shedinja is definitely out of the question. I also know that this thing is a physical wall, so porygon z is an option. But I want to go with miltank once sharpedo dies, since alomomola is just a set up bait that I can use to sweep.

Start of turn 6
Sharpedo used Crunch!
The foe's Alomomola lost 36% of its health!

Sharpedo's Speed rose!
The foe's Alomomola restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

(60%) +4 speed vs
(70%)

Nothing significant here. He just goes for another wish.

Start of turn 7
Sharpedo used Crunch!
The foe's Alomomola lost 32% of its health!

The foe's Alomomola used Waterfall!
It's not very effective...
Sharpedo lost 81 HP! (28% of its health)

Sharpedo's Speed rose!

(31%) +5 speed vs
(94%)

Nothing much this turn either, but I do know his full moveset. (toxic-waterfall-protect-wish). Physical vaporeon anyone? I will just attack again.

Start of turn 8
The foe's Alomomola used Protect!
The foe's Alomomola protected itself!

Sharpedo used Crunch!
The foe's Alomomola protected itself!

Sharpedo's Speed rose!
Sharpedo fainted!
bluemon sent out Miltank!

(0%) +FULL SPEED ->
(100%) vs
(99%)

And he protects. And in the end, he just ends up with full health. This is not looking good. I just sacrificed TWO pokemon to kill honchkrow and reveal alomomola’s moveset. Some mispredictions, but… its okay. I can just sweep with my other pokemon. I send out miltank to get a few curse boosts.

Start of turn 9
Miltank used Curse!
Miltank's Attack rose!
Miltank's Defense rose!
Miltank's Speed fell!

Miltank was poisoned!

Miltank is hurt by poison!

(94%) +1 attack +1 defense -1 speed vs
(100%)

I get a curse boost, while he uses toxic. I plan to alternate between curse, heal bell and milk drink to get to some high boosts, and then, BAM hit it with a body slam. I know it cant do anything to me with its waterfall so I continue cursing.

Start of turn 10

Miltank used Curse!
Miltank's Attack rose!
Miltank's Defense rose!
Miltank's Speed fell!

Miltank restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

(89%) +2 attack +2 defense -2speed vs
(100%)

Another eventless turn. Just another curse and a wish expecting an attack.

Start of turn 11
Miltank lost 36 HP! (9% of its health)

Miltank flinched!

(69%) +2 attack +2 defense -2speed vs
(100%)

It uses waterfall, and it gets a flinch hax. I am not worried at all, since I can live a few more turns of toxic damage, heal bell it, and then milk drink.

Start of turn 12
Miltank lost 34 HP! (8% of its health)

Miltank flinched!

(43%) +2 attack +2 defense -2speed vs
(100%)

However, hax shows its ugly face AGAIN and I am at very low health, and can only hold on for another turn of toxic damage. I am clicking heal bell, and praying waterfall does not flinch.

Start of turn 13
Miltank lost 34 HP! (8% of its health)

Miltank used Heal Bell!
A bell chimed!

(41%) +2 attack +2 defense -2speed vs
(100%)

Yes. No flinch hax this time. With under half health, its obvious what to do next: milk drink. I think its going to switch, afraid that its going to lose the stall war.

Start of turn 14
Miltank was poisoned!

Miltank used Milk Drink!
Miltank regained health!

(91%) +2 attack +2 defense -2speed vs
(100%)

I am almost at full health, but im poisoned. I can live through at least 3 turns of poison without any severe down sides, so I will attack, and hope for a paralysis. With paralysis, I can outspeed alomomola, and fend off those pesky waterfalls easier, heal easier, and do all sorts of things. I press body slam.

Start of turn 15
Fizz called Alomomola back!
Fizz sent out Wobbuffet!

Miltank used Body Slam!
The foe's Wobbuffet lost 39% of its health!

The foe's Wobbuffet restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

(85%) +2 attack +2 defense -2speed vs
(100%) ->
(67%)

Alomomola switches out, KNOWING its going to lose against me, and my opponent switches into… a wobbuffet? I haven’t seen this in RU either. I was assuming at least UU with its abiliy to kill at least two things. I know he is either going to counter or encore. Encore is a better choice, because if I go for a curse, im dead meat. (set up fodder more like). I predict this and go for another attack move. I can also possibly 2HKO him with high damage roll.

Start of turn 16
The foe's Wobbuffet used Encore!
Miltank received an encore!

Miltank used Body Slam!
The foe's Wobbuffet lost 34% of its health!
The foe's Wobbuffet is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

The foe's Wobbuffet restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

(73%) +2 attack +2 defense -2speed vs
(33%) PAR

BAM. Wobbuffet decided to encore me, huh? Well, it’s now severly crippled, and its in my miltank’s KO range. Cant believe this freaking blue BLOB was uber last gen. Now it is obvious that I should go for an attack because with +2 I can either kill off the wob, or severly weaken the switch in. slam that cow body.

Start of turn 17
Fizz called Wobbuffet back!
Fizz sent out Rhyperior!

Miltank used Body Slam!
The foe's Rhyperior lost 12% of its health!

The foe's Rhyperior restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

(55%) +2 attack +2 defense -2speed vs
(33%) PAR ->
(94%)

And comes in the rock type super physically defensive tank. rhyperior. I am not sure if he is a tank, or a rock polish sweeper, or whatever, so it is best for me to just scout by attacking, and hope for a 30% paralysis hax. And im stuck with this move anyways

Start of turn 18
Miltank used Body Slam!
The foe's Rhyperior lost 11% of its health!
The foe's Rhyperior is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

The foe's Rhyperior used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around bluemon's team!

Miltank's Encore ended!

(32%) +2 attack +2 defense -2speed vs
(89%) PAR

Well first of all, para hax struck, and now it is slower than me. But also, he gets a stealth rock up. That is detrimental to my team. My MVP, shedinja, is OHKOed by stealth rock. I will have to bring out my rapid spinner (torkoal) against this guy in order to give shedinja a chance… but will a torkoal be able to fend off this 140 –attack SE STAB rhyperior? I hope so. My encore ends this turn, so I am now able to heal, and recover, get toxic off, you know the drill.

Start of turn 19
Miltank used Heal Bell!
A bell chimed!

The foe's Rhyperior used Earthquake!
Miltank lost 79 HP! (20% of its health)

(18%) +2 attack +2 defense -2speed vs
(95%) PAR

I get my toxic out of the way, thank god. But now, I am at RED health. Oh shoot. However, I find that with +2 defense, Rhyperior’s STAB earthquake does only 20%. This way I can milk drink, get more curses up, etc. But for now, healing is the first priority. Milk Drink go.

Start of turn 20
Fizz called Rhyperior back!
Fizz sent out Yanmega!

Miltank used Milk Drink!
Miltank regained health!

(74%) +2 attack +2 defense -2speed vs
(95%) PAR ->
(100%)

And he switches into his special behemoth. Good move. My opponent realizes that he cannot attack me from the physical side and possibly win without a crit, so he comes to his special attacker (specs yanmega). Specs yanmega is the most fearsome special attacker in the tier, with unresisted STABs. Oh shoot. But im pretty sure I can live a neutral specs move. I stay in, attacking with body slam, hoping for the paralysis.

Start of turn 21
The foe's Yanmega used Bug Buzz!
Miltank lost 189 HP! (47% of its health)

Miltank used Body Slam!
The foe's Yanmega lost 59% of its health!
The foe's Yanmega is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

(33%) +2 attack +2 defense -2speed vs
(41%) PAR

BRILLIANT. My body slam did a bunch, my miltank survived the specs bug buzz VERY WELL, yanmega is outsped by my cattle. Excellent. I could milk drink and stall out the pp and gain hp that way, but I will just go for a body slam. Get this threat out of the way EARLY.

Start of turn 22
Miltank used Body Slam!
The foe's Yanmega lost 40% of its health!
The foe's Yanmega fainted!

Fizz sent out Hariyama!

(39%) +2 attack +2 defense -2speed vs
(0%) PAR ->
(100%)

Well then. My miltank is such a broken little cow. I managed to weaken two pokemon severly (also cripple them) and killed a dragon fly by SQUASHING it. Now comes in a fighting type. The bane of miltank. Ugh. Its okay. I’ve got two defense boosts that cancel the SE hits. I don’t know what set hariyama is running, but a +2 body slam has GOT to hurt. I am going for the attack since I am sure I can survive a fighting attack. Even if it dies, I think it did A LOT and I want a safe switch in for my torkoal.

Start of turn 23
Miltank used Body Slam!
The foe's Hariyama lost 40% of its health!
The foe's Hariyama is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

The foe's Hariyama used Whirlwind!
Pointed stones dug into Torkoal!
Torkoal was dragged out!

Torkoal restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
The foe's Hariyama restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

(39%) +2 attack +2 defense -2speed ->
(75%) vs
(66%) PAR

Another paralysis. Miltank is definitely uber. I notice that he took quite a damage from my body slam and that he carries whirlwind. From these two, I think it is a specially defensive phazer hariyama. I have to find out more about it tho. In the meantime, I am switched out onto… YES. Not shedinja, but torkoal. Thank god. I don’t know what hes going to do (probably attack) but I will go for a rapid spin knowing he doesn’t have any ghost types.

Start of turn 24
Fizz called Hariyama back!
Fizz sent out Alomomola!

Torkoal used Rapid Spin!
The foe's Alomomola lost 2% of its health!
Torkoal blew away Stealth Rock!

(81%) vs
(66%) PAR ->
(100%)

And the rocks are GONE. At this point, I want to get some damage done on alomomola (also cripple it with status) so that I can get rid of it with my special porygon z. But before that, I will make switching harder for him by setting up stealth rock.

Start of turn 25
Torkoal was poisoned!

Torkoal used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around Fizz's team!

Torkoal is hurt by poison!

(81%) vs
(100%)

Knowing that I run a bulky torkoal, he goes for a toxic to wear me out. Smart move. I stay in and stealth rock of course. I can see now that I am at a somewhat undesirable position. Water vs fire will almost always result in… water win. But the only attack move he has is water fall.. off 75 bas attack versus my 140 defense and 70 hp… I think I can live a waterfall pretty well and will-o-wisp for even less damage from waterfall.

Start of turn 26
Torkoal is already poisoned.

Torkoal used Will-O-Wisp!
The foe's Alomomola was burned!

The foe's Alomomola is hurt by its burn!

(75%) vs
(93%)

And he goes for toxic. He probably predicted a switch into some other pokemon because I knew that no one in the right mind will keep a fire type against a water type. Unless you have a banded darmantian against a megikarp…. Yup. No one. So I know he will do something other than toxic now (so specific. I know) I switch into porygon so I can ocme in unscathed.

Start of turn 27
bluemon called Torkoal back!
bluemon sent out Porygon-Z!

(75%) ->
(100%) vs
(86%)

A safe switch in for porygon it is. Alomomola goes for a wish to bump up its draining health to serve as a safe alternate to attacking.This however got my porygon in super unscathed, which means I can attack and attack forever. (not really. Only 11 times)

Start of turn 28
Porygon-Z used Tri Attack!
The foe's Alomomola lost 70% of its health!
Porygon-Z is hurt by its Life Orb!

Porygon-Z lost 51 HP! (16% of its health)

(73%) vs
(54%)

Dang. Tri Attack did A LOT. A 160 bp attack left a HUGE gash in the pink body of the sun fish, and is now in OHKO range. I do not suspect a switch because no one can take a 160 bp attack. Off of 130 special attack. Yup. Tri attack it is.

Start of turn 29
Porygon-Z used Tri Attack!
The foe's Alomomola lost 54% of its health!
The foe's Alomomola fainted!

Fizz sent out Rhyperior!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Rhyperior!

(63%) vs
(0%) ->
(93%) PAR

Alomomola goes down and in comes rhyperior. He is the biggest threat to the team right now since he carries the dreaded stealth rock. I have to get rid of it promptly so that my shedinja will come in without rocks on the field. One of the reasons why I switched from bolt beam to fighting dark is this rock monster. Hidden power fighiting will leave a huge dent. If he decides to attack 1) my porygon dies and torkoal can revenge/ spin away excess rocks he might set up if he decides to set up rocks 2) my porygon can kill it and torkoal can spin it away. I go for the attack.

Start of turn 30
Porygon-Z used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!
The foe's Rhyperior lost 62% of its health!

Porygon-Z lost 168 HP! (53% of its health)
Porygon-Z fainted!

bluemon sent out Torkoal!

(0%) ->
(75%) vs
(38%)

Perfect. Hes now at 38% and I am pretty sure a flamethrower will 2HKO, while I hopefully will… live an EQ? I hope so. I go for the flamethrower and hopes eq doesn’t kill.

Start of turn 31
Torkoal used Flamethrower!
The foe's Rhyperior lost 19% of its health!

It's super effective!
Torkoal lost 198 HP! (57% of its health)

(18%) vs
(17%)

And it lives! Perfect. Now Rhyperior is KOed by flamethrower and he decided that he would rather attack then set up stealth rock. Great for me. I take this chance to KO (kill on the switch, rather) last hope for my opponent to kill shedinja, and use flamethrower.

Start of turn 32
The foe's Rhyperior lost 17% of its health!
The foe's Rhyperior fainted!

Fizz sent out Hariyama!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Hariyama!

(11%) vs
(0%) ->
(63%)

and he sends out hariyama… hmm
at this point the only move I know he is carrying is whirlwind. I will attack so that I could sacrifice my torkoal and scout for other moves.

Start of turn 33
The foe's Hariyama lost 12% of its health!

The foe's Hariyama used Rest!
The foe's Hariyama went to sleep and became healthy!

(4%) vs
(100%) SLP

That is weird. Rest-Whirlwind… hmm. Probably sleep talk too. I pop up the smogon analysis for gen 4.. and I SEE IT. The set with those three moves.

RestTalk
Leftovers
Thick Fat
Impish/ Careful

Moveset

EVs

~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk
~ Force Palm/ Cross Chop
~ Whirlwind

12 HP / 252 Def / 244 SpD

Hariyama is one of only two bulky Fighting-types in UU, and though he lacks the movepool and utility of his competitor, Hitmontop, he more than makes up for it with his greater bulk, power, and Thick Fat ability. This Hariyama can reliably switch in and check a variety of threats, including, but not limited to, Aggron, Absol, Tauros, Houndoom, Arcanine, and Registeel. Force Palm is the STAB move of choice, as it deals enough damage to what it needs to and has a very nifty paralysis chance, which makes many offensive Pokemon, even those that resist it, wary of switching into Hariyama. Cross Chop is the more powerful alternative for STAB, but it has imperfect accuracy, and does not have any useful secondary effects. It does, however, grant Hariyama the OHKO on Aggron and Chansey, the 2HKO on Registeel, Rhyperior, and Clefable, and the 3HKO on Regirock, whereas Force Palm would not. Whirlwind is the other key move of the set, as the ability to directly cause switches and phaze are most valuable assets indeed, and are things that Hitmontop can only dream of doing itself. Finally, RestTalk is used to keep Hariyama healthy throughout the match and allow him to absorb status.
and it turns out…. If he is indeed running that set… it is completely walled. At this point, all he has is his wobbuffet and hariyama. Hariyama is walled by shedinja and wobbuffet. WAIT. My shedinja is a physical attacker. Wobbuffet will have to use counter. Counter doesn’t affect me…..

Start of turn 34
bluemon called Torkoal back!
bluemon sent out Shedinja!

The foe's Hariyama is fast asleep!
The foe's Hariyama used Sleep Talk!
But it failed!

(4%) ->
(100%) vs
(100%)

And the walling begins. Believing I can set up and do whatever, I switch in my shedinja.

Start of turn 35
Shedinja used Swords Dance!
Shedinja's Attack sharply rose!

The foe's Hariyama used Sleep Talk!
The foe's Hariyama used Force Palm!
Shedinja's Wonder Guard evades the attack!

(100%) vs
(100%)

More set ups…

Start of turn 36

The foe's Hariyama woke up!
Torkoal was dragged out!

(100%) ->
(4%) vs
(100%)

Oops misclick. :) doesn’t matter tho.

Start of turn 37
Torkoal lost 15 HP! (4% of its health)
Torkoal fainted!

Hizu is watching the battle.

(0%) ->
(100%) vs
(100%)

Torkoal was probably the mvp. Spinning away rocks like a beast. And now it has to go. Good job! I switch into my shedinja and want to attack before he whirlwinds me away. Shadow sneak go.

Start of turn 38
Fizz called Hariyama back!
Fizz sent out Wobbuffet!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Wobbuffet!

Shedinja used Shadow Sneak!
It's super effective!
The foe's Wobbuffet lost 25% of its health!
The foe's Wobbuffet fainted!

Fizz sent out Hariyama!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Hariyama!

(100%) vs
(0%) ->
(100%)

And the second to last pokemon is GONE. Not that he had a nother choice. Wobbuffet was walled by my shedinja, too. Now the rest of the turns are all stall wars with my miltank and hariyama. I will hide these.
Start of turn 39

Miltank was dragged out!

Start of turn 40
Miltank used Curse!
Miltank's Attack rose!
Miltank's Defense rose!
Miltank's Speed fell!

It's super effective!
Miltank lost 114 HP! (28% of its health)

Start of turn 41
Miltank used Milk Drink!
Miltank regained health!

It's super effective!
Miltank lost 104 HP! (26% of its health)

Start of turn 42
Miltank used Milk Drink!
Miltank regained health!

It's super effective!
Miltank lost 110 HP! (27% of its health)

Start of turn 43
Miltank used Curse!
Miltank's Attack rose!
Miltank's Defense rose!
Miltank's Speed fell!

It's super effective!
Miltank lost 80 HP! (20% of its health)

Start of turn 44
It's super effective!
Miltank lost 78 HP! (19% of its health)
Miltank is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Miltank is paralyzed! It can't move!

Start of turn 45
Miltank used Milk Drink!
Miltank regained health!

Shedinja was dragged out!

Start of turn 46
The foe's Hariyama lost 14% of its health!

Miltank was dragged out!

Start of turn 47
It's super effective!
Miltank lost 158 HP! (40% of its health)

Miltank used Heal Bell!
A bell chimed!

Start of turn 48
Miltank used Body Slam!
The foe's Hariyama lost 19% of its health!
The foe's Hariyama is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

It's super effective!
Miltank lost 162 HP! (41% of its health)

Start of turn 49
Miltank used Curse!
Miltank's Attack rose!
Miltank's Defense rose!
Miltank's Speed fell!

It's super effective!
Miltank lost 98 HP! (24% of its health)

Start of turn 50
Miltank used Milk Drink!
Miltank regained health!

It's super effective!
Miltank is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Start of turn 51

It's super effective!

Okay. During these turns, Miltank was cursing and slamming, while it was parahaxed by force palm.

Start of turn 52

It's super effective!
Miltank lost 81 HP! (20% of its health)
Miltank fainted!

(0%) ->
(100%) vs
(100%)

And due to parahax, miltank dies. She was a beast in this battle and weakened A LOT of the team and spread paralysis like a static discharge pokemon. Or hax rachi. Now.. the floor is cleared for my shedinja sweep. GO.

Start of turn 53

The foe's Hariyama is paralyzed! It can't move!

(100%) +2 vs
(100%) PAR

Unnecessary hax.

Start of turn 54

But it failed!

(100%) +4 vs
(100%) PAR

Dancing with swords

Start of turn 55

But it failed!

(100%) +6 vs
(100%) PAR

At max attack…………….

Start of turn 56
Shedinja used X-Scissor!
The foe's Hariyama lost 58% of its health!

The foe's Hariyama went to sleep and became healthy!

(100%) +6 vs
(100%) PAR

CUT HIM UP…. Wow that didn’t do much. Oh well. He cant do anything to me and all I have to do is spam attacks. My opponent does, however predict the attack and rests. How smart.

Start of turn 57
Shedinja used X-Scissor!
The foe's Hariyama lost 63% of its health!

(100%) vs
(42%)

He is in OHKO range for my shadow sneak now. The hariyama doesn’t even sleep talk now. He is spooked by the attacking molt of the cicada. Well, GG mr. opponent.

Start of turn 58
The foe's Hariyama lost 42% of its health!
The foe's Hariyama fainted!

(100%) vs
(0%)

GOOD GAME.

bluemon won the battle!

The MVP had to be shedinja, although all team members did an equal amout of good. (except sharpedo who didn’t do much…)

The commentary was slightly lacking, but the battle was funny. Also, all the parahaxes with Miltank made the Warstory slightly less enjoyable, but whatever. I liked your other warstory better because it had more prediction. This one felt a bit rushed, and the commentary didn't really explain too much, and didn't outline any plans. In your other warstory, you had a goal of setting up Flareon for a sweep, and it made it more interesting. Still, Shedinja is cool, 7/10.

oh yea sorry about the commentaries. this is my 3rd attempt at posting this warsotry and had to write the same commentary 3 times... UGH. when i finally did it on MS word, i was tired of it. My next warstory is going to be... FULL tho.

You had some misplays but your opponent had many more, I believe they would have won had they not played so stupidly against Miltank, used such a bad Alomomola, so on and so forth. And the battle in general wasn't really exciting. Body Slam hax also wasn't too great

aww man. I wanted to be the guy to post the first RU warstory.

nevertheless, this one was...mildly interesting I guess.

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
Nice warstory. No amazing prediction or tactics, but the commentary was enjoyable and the actual battle was a good one. All in all it was good :) 7.5/10

This Warstory wasn't extremely ground breaking or anything; the commentary was decent as was the battle, but the fact you won because you effectively used Shedninja on your team made up for it haha. I want to see another Warstory with you utilizing Shedninja

Good to see everyone pulling their weight, even Sharpedo to finish off the dreaded Honchkrow. Misclicks happen on occasion, but Trainers are able to overcome those easily. That's exactly what you did here, sacking everyone else so that your Shedinja can finish off... An 8.0 of out 10. And a Luvdisc.

It seems like you should wait for a better battle to come along before you try to make warstories out of average ones. The title was kind of clever and the formatting was above average; the commentary reveals the potential you have to make a very good analysis of a battle if you have a better one at hand. It's still certainly a better-than-average warstory, but there was a bunch of "I hope this does..." and "I don't know if..." that need to be tweaked for the best result.

Uhm, you got rid of Boltbeam (Thunderbolt, Ice Beam) for HP-Fighting for Rhyperior although Ice Beam would hit it harder?

Other than that, it was good.

Magnemite maybe? No one in RU resists Normal, Electric, Ice except for this guy (and the obvious Shedinja). Chinchou line also comes to mind, but Lanturn won't enjoy taking a Tri Attack anyway (and neither will Eviolite Chinchou for that matter).

Magnemite maybe? No one in RU resists Normal, Electric, Ice except for this guy (and the obvious Shedinja). Chinchou line also comes to mind, but Lanturn won't enjoy taking a Tri Attack anyway (and neither will Eviolite Chinchou for that matter).
One of the reasons why I switched from bolt beam to fighting dark is this rock monster. Hidden power fighiting will leave a huge dent.
He said one of the reasons he switched from Electric/Ice to Fighting/Dark is because of Rhyperior lol

Uhm, you got rid of Boltbeam (Thunderbolt, Ice Beam) for HP-Fighting for Rhyperior although Ice Beam would hit it harder?

Other than that, it was good.

oh sorry :D i thought rocks resisted ice for a sec since rocks are SE against ice. hmm... its mostly for those ghosts that can shrug off thunderbolts and ice beams but are OHKOed by dark pulse.

He said one of the reasons he switched from Electric/Ice to Fighting/Dark is because of Rhyperior lol
Then why wouldn't he use Ice/Dark? Ice Beam does much better damage than HP Fighting on Rhyperior, and has much better universal coverage throughout the RU tier than fighting moves.

This warstory makes me bring up the question: Why the bloody hell is Honchkrow RU? I use it on my UU team and it has on several occasions completely destroyed my opponent's full team...

I really enjoyed this warstory. Your superb use of Shedninja was nice at the end, although the misplays by Sharpedo (and to a lesser extent Toarkoal and Venomoth) were disheartening at the beginning, but it got better on the second post. I really believe Miltank should be your MVP to be honest. She killed Wobb and Yanmega, and paralyzed Alomomola and Hariyama.

Anyway, it wasn't the best, but pretty good. ^^ 7/10

PS: Just a little nitpick, but on Turn 38, you would've hit him first anyway due to Whirlwind's negative priority. Although this didn't matter since X-Scissor was resisted anyway.

There was no "superb use of Shedinja", all Shedinja did was outspeed Wobbuffet and then wall a Hariyama that only had a Fighting Type move. Any Ghost could have accomplished the same thing

Then why wouldn't he use Ice/Dark? Ice Beam does much better damage than HP Fighting on Rhyperior, and has much better universal coverage throughout the RU tier than fighting moves.
While the only thing that won't take at least neutral damage from Dark/Fighting in this tier is Croagunk, I'd have to second this, since their are few good resistors to Ice/Dark and ice beam both has more power and hits a bunch of the top threats. In fact the list of highest evolutions in the tier who resist both only has 16 mon's on it (Aggron, Bastiodon, Combusken, Crawdaunt, Durant, Emboar, Thick Fat Hariyama, Klinklang, Magneton, Mawile, Monferno, Pawniard, Poliwrath, Probopass, Sneasel, Wormadam-T), seven of those are hit neutrally by Tri Attack, and four of those left once those seven are removed are Mawile, Pawniard, Klinklang, and Wormadam-T.

Edit: So, simplifying (thank you Benny in a Jet), every Steel type in RU except Steelix, Metang, Bronzor, and Ferroseed wall Ice/Dark/Normal but there are very few usable ones from that list in the tier... which I probably don't need to point out since, in all likelihood, that would be obvious.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, concerning the battle itself, it was ok I guess, but I did notice you only made a non-forced switch once the entire match and, as others have said, got a ton of hax from Body Slam.

So pretty much every Steel type in RU? But I guess you make up for perfect coverage with way more SE hits.

There was no "superb use of Shedinja", all Shedinja did was outspeed Wobbuffet and then wall a Hariyama that only had a Fighting Type move. Any Ghost could have accomplished the same thing
I was referring more to his use of Shedinja at all, as he's such an underrated threat with a little support.

This was an alright warstory. It was interesting enough to read once, but I probably wouldn't read it more than once. I feel like Venomoth did almost nothing except die because I'm pretty sure Miltank could have taken on Honchkrow and live, but that's being nitpicky. Overall, I give it a 6/10. Formatting was good, but the battle and commentary was pretty average.

I was referring more to his use of Shedinja at all, as he's such an underrated threat with a little support.
His Shedinja didn't do anything extraordinary in this battle. He did what any other ghost types do: wall fighting types that lack a coverage move.

A couple of questions.

Why would you ever NOT Quiver Dance against Honchkrow? Either it Sucker Punches and you get the QD+BP off (most likely scenario since it was in KO range from Bug Buzz [speaking of which, your calc on Honchkrow was wrong; if Bug Buzz did 45%, that would leave it at 55%, LO would drop it to 45%, and the recoil from Brave Bird would drop it even further]), or it Brave Birds again expecting QD and Venomoth dies anyways. What risk is there?

Second, at the end of the game, why didn't you just let Miltank die against Hariyama? Shedinja walls Hariyama anyways so by trying to keep Miltank alive you were just adding unnecessary turns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)