Data Referee Tutoring Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, that's why I'd like to be updated. I don't know if you don't think your apprentice ref is "ready". So, thanks!

@levren, getting you a tutee... probably DarkSlay to make up for his latest one.

edit: probably not lol. Finding someone else.

edit: ehhh, I'll do it.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
All Apprentices should go through at least two battles (preferably 2-3) before given registered ref approval. One match isn't enough to really get the ropes down, even with assistance.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Iss has completed 3 battles, and I believe has learnt a lot in the process. I ask that he now be moved the status of "Registered Ref".

Updated, thanks!

Excuse me, but can I request a sub-tutor for my match with rewindman and Steampowered? My tutor (Spenstar) has been gone for a while and the battlers are wondering when the match is going to be up. I don't want to keep them waiting too long. :o Thanks.

Timezone: U.S. Central Time (GMT -5)
Why do you want to be tutored: Well, I want to try and contribute more to ASB since I have a lot of free time. I've also noticed that the refs are being stretched thin (just look at the Battle Tower) and I want to help lighten the load.
Any extra comments about yourself: I'm available at just about any time and should be able to ref matches quickly. At the moment I don't have Microsoft Excel (I think you need it to use damage calc?) on this computer, but I might get it soon. One thing I'd like to improve is my flavor, I'm decent but I'm not the best.

By the way, why isn't this stickied anymore?

Edit: currently downloading a microsoft office, I just hope it lets me use the calculator.

Assigned to Its_A_Random

Timezone: GMT +12
Why do you want to be tutored: I have no idea how to do calcs but I want to become a ref.
Any extra comments about yourself: I'd like to think that if I become a ref, my refs will have good flavour. I am avalible generally around Friday, Saturday and Sunday and also 17:00-19:00 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Also avalable 6:30-7:30 some weekdays.

Assigned to TravelLog

I'd like to sign up for this, although I don't want to ref any matches until Monday of next week, when I get back from vacation, and I'll have limited internet access this weekend, but I figured I'd put my name in now.

Timezone: USA Eastern Time Zone
Why do you want to be tutored: When I used to ref, I made at least one mistake per match, so someone checking my work would be appreciated. My flavor is also pretty lackluster.
Any extra comments about yourself: I can usually get online at least once per day for a few hours to post. Nothing really interesting about me worth mentioning.

Assigned to GoldenKnight

I'm free now, and i really want to help create some new refs (there has been a little dry recently) so i want to become a tutor ref, my time is the Mexican GMT (-6), and i speak spanish fluently if you need someone lie that i'm here, I'm on daily so time shouldn't be a big problem
G

I just want to become a registered ref, for the record or something. I think I am capable of being a registered ref, considering the fact that I have reffed enough to amass 47 RT so far. You can check those battles in my reffing profile (which I just updated for the first time in a while).

Floraedit: oops, missed you so adding!

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Alrighty, updating your statuses.

edit: updated, thanks for letting me know!

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just tallied them all up and it looks like I've earned 102 Ref Tokens in 23 completed battles so far. I'll follow that up with saying that I'd like to become a Registered Ref and a Ref Tutor (I made 100 RT the benchmark for myself before applying). I didn't go through the apprentice program, so here's hoping I don't have to as some kind of formality or something :/ In terms of style, I like to keep things clean and neat. I like to let players decide the level of "creativity" and RP-likeness of any given battles; if they give Actions like it's a numbers game on PO, I will ref it like that and touch it up with flavor as best I can. If they want to go nuts and interact with the game a little more creatively, I accomodate that with enthusiasm while staying as realistic (lol) as possible. As ref, I am simply a vessel for the two or more battlers to enjoy the ASB format, which imo is a good mindset for refs to have and is one I would try to instill in the minds of my tutees.

Here's a link to my reffing profile in the RTG Thread for more information.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Nah Korski, you're awesome enough to jump right into being a Tutor Ref. Welcome, enjoy, and thanks!

Timezone: GMT +12 (posted this in Training thread, link here; Link)
Why do you want to be tutored: I want to be the best, like nobody ever was. I believe that reffing battles will help me to become better at battling myself, if I can get a deeper understanding of the mechanics of battling. I also want to give an enjoyable experience to everyone, battlers and spectators alike.
Any extra comments about yourself: I don't like refs who seem to suddenly forget that they were reffing a battle. I will not be one of those refs. ~determined glare~
When I grow up, I wanna be like Korski! =]

Assigned to elDino

He subreffed one of these battles for Charmander, but has done admirably in his reffing. Calcs are accurate, and he knows what he's doing. I recommend promotion to registered ref.

I finished reffing Solstice. Great format and calcs, able to notice some of the minor details! He was even able to reasonably interpret a few creative situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)