Paradoxus vs. LouisCyphre vs. TEA_DEMON vs. dragonboy52 vs. TheWolfe vs. XVIcaliber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Open challenge... 1v1v1v1v1v1 FREE FOR ALL

Each player will choose the pokemon for an opponent.

1st chooses for 2nd
2nd chooses for 3rd
3rd chooses for 4th
4th chooses for 5th
5th chooses for me

Note that you tell what pokemon your chosen opponent uses to the ref

1st chooses stage
2nd chooses number of recoveries
3rd chooses NFEs or not
4th chooses items
5th chooses # of chills
I am so reffing Paradoxus' shenaniganry.
DQ: 2, 3 for ref
i think i'm in for the lulz. no recoveries or chills tyvm.
You want large?

Open Challenge
1v1v1v1v1v1 Singles
2 Day DQ (3 Days Ref)
Arena: The Labyrinth

• This arena is a dank, wet stone passage with an open sky. Each battler starts off in a different part of the maze. What this essentially means is that no contact can be made with opponents you haven't found.
  • In the Labyrinth, all battlers may use the command Search.

New Command
    Search
    The Pokémon spends one (1) action searching the maze for an opponent. After three uses, the Referee will generate a random opponent - the user of Search finds that opponent in the maze, along with any Pokémon the found opponent was already fighting. Search consumes no energy.

[*]Pokémon capable of true flight (i.e. not simple levitation or hovering) may find an opponent in a single usage of Search.
    [*]Combat raises a loud din that carries for a long ways in the cold, hard stone passages. If a Pokémon is battling, it is possible for opponents to Search specifically for that Pokémon. If they Search for a Pokémon engaged in battle three times, they find that Pokémon, instead of a random opponent.
    [*]It is possible to lay hazards for your opponents, damaging unwary travelers. Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and Stealth Rock can be laid as traps when not in battle with an opponent, damaging them if they don't watch their step. Every time an opponent uses Search, they have a 20% chance to step on a given hazard if it's been laid. Check the chance for each layer separately, unless those layers are stacked. No more than one hazard can be encountered per Search. Check all instances of Spikes (smallest stack to largest), then Stealth Rock, then Toxic Spikes (smallest stack to largest), in that order.
    [*]The walls are impossibly sturdy; seismic activity does no noticable damage to them. The walls are too slick to be climbed, even with hooks or suction cups. The floor is covered with a foot and a half of standing water, sufficient for smaller swimmers and water-based attacks. The water has no effect on fire attacks, and is not sufficiently saline to conduct electrical attacks properly.
    [*]

How's that for an arena?
I lol'd, so whats the stage? Remember it needs to be large
I guess I'm third.
Fully evolved pokemon are allowed.
BRING IT ON! >:D
And since I'm #4, items are ON! As for the music...I can't seem to think of one right now. You guys think of one. I mean there's going to be 5 of us. XD

And one more battle for good measure. I always wanted to use this arena.

<snip>
Oh my god. FEs are allowed?! Guess I'm in for fifth in Paradoxus' madness.
Chills: 3

So, now, how does the whole Pokemon-picking work? I'm assuming we just debate that when the thread's up.
Owing to the fact that there seems to be some confusion, I have decided to put up the thread now so as to be able to speak with all of you. Anyway, to begin with, lol @ only being able to fit in the title by two characters. Smogon wasn't built to handly this sort of thing.

On to the actual match, here are the actual rules. Read them:

-This will be a 1v1v1v1v1v1, which means it is a complete free for all. You can, if you want, form alliances with other players, but there can only be one winner in the end.
-DQ is 2 Days, or 3 Days for me. Be on time, otherwise this could take forever.
-No recoveries.
-Fully Evolved Pokemon are allowed, although given you will be playing against the Pokemon you choose they probably won't appear.
-Items are on.
-Three Chills
-The way that the Pokemon will be chosen is described in Paradoxus' OP: Each Pokemon chooses the Pokemon of the user who signed up just after them, except for XVIcaliber who will choose Paradoxus'. Everyone must PM their chosen Pokemon to me before we can start, and once everyone has I will post hear to tell you to start.
-Somehow, Paradoxus forgot to decide on Ability rules through all of this, so I decide now that you will use all of your abilities.
-ORDERS FOR THIS MATCH WILL BE PM'D TO ME. DO NOT POST THEM HERE. I will tell you when to send them.

-Because it is 1v1v1v1v1v1, there are only two actions per round. Keep this in mind.
  • This arena is a dank, wet stone passage with an open sky. Each battler starts off in a different part of the maze. What this essentially means is that no contact can be made with opponents you haven't found.
  • In the Labyrinth, all battlers may use the command Search.

• New Command
    Search
    The Pokémon spends one (1) action searching the maze for an opponent. After three uses, the Referee will generate a random opponent - the user of Search finds that opponent in the maze, along with any Pokémon the found opponent was already fighting. Search consumes no energy.

[*]Pokémon capable of true flight (i.e. not simple levitation or hovering) may find an opponent in a single usage of Search.
    [*]Combat raises a loud din that carries for a long ways in the cold, hard stone passages. If a Pokémon is battling, it is possible for opponents to Search specifically for that Pokémon. If they Search for a Pokémon engaged in battle three times, they find that Pokémon, instead of a random opponent.
    [*]It is possible to lay hazards for your opponents, damaging unwary travelers. Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and Stealth Rock can be laid as traps when not in battle with an opponent, damaging them if they don't watch their step. Every time an opponent uses Search, they have a 20% chance to step on a given hazard if it's been laid. Check the chance for each layer separately, unless those layers are stacked. No more than one hazard can be encountered per Search. Check all instances of Spikes (smallest stack to largest), then Stealth Rock, then Toxic Spikes (smallest stack to largest), in that order.
    [*]The walls are impossibly sturdy; seismic activity does no noticable damage to them. The walls are too slick to be climbed, even with hooks or suction cups. The floor is covered with a foot and a half of standing water, sufficient for smaller swimmers and water-based attacks. The water has no effect on fire attacks, and is not sufficiently saline to conduct electrical attacks properly.
    [*]

So, what you should do now:
-PM me a Pokemon
-Once I post that everyone has PM'd me, post which item the Pokemon chosen for you will use and wait for me to say you should order. Then you PM your orders to me.
-You may post to cheer or w/e if you feel so inclined. This is optional though :)

Good luck, and get those PMs in quickly.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
As I understand it; we look at our target's ASB profile and select which Pokémon they use. Everyone uses a mon that they own; they just don't get to pick which one.

Athenodoros

Alright, I've finally got all of the PMs:

Richter - Phanpy (M)
Nature: Adamant (+1 Attack, -1 Sp. Attack)

Type: Ground
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 3 (+)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 40

EC: 1/6
MC: 2
DC: 1/5

Abilities:
Pickup (Innate) This Pokemon has a natural habit of collecting items. Whenever a hold item (its own or an opponents) is used or knocked onto the ground with a move like Knock Off, this Pokemon will immediately pick up that item without using an action. It can also grab dropped or naturally occurring hold items in arenas.
Sand Veil (DW) (Innate) This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.

Moves:
Odor Sleuth
Tackle
Growl
Defense Curl
Flail
Take Down
Rollout
Natural Gift
Slam
----------------
Bulldoze
Rock Slide
Facade
----------------
Ice Shard
Head Smash
Heavy Slam

Yanma [Miles] (M)

Nature: Naive (+15% Speed, +28% Accuracy, -1 SpD)

Type: Bug / Flying

Bug: Bug STAB; More obility in dense brush or forest conditions. Gain an extra guaranteed attack on multi-hit moves.
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Abilities:

Speed Boost:Pokemon with this ability increase their speed as the battle progresses, boosting it one (1) stage at the end of each round at the cost of 2% of their energy. This overrides the normal drop in stats that ocurs at the end of each round (stats other than Speed are still affected).

Tinted Lens: When this Pokemon uses an attack that is normally not very effective, that attack is calculated at the next highest resisrance modifier. (e.g. 4x resistance is calculated at 2x, 2x resistance becomes neutral).

Frisk (DW): The Pokemon has intimate knowledge of the opponent's held item and ignores any item-based increases in damage or status. The Pokemon will not be affected by Fling or Natural Gift.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 1 (-1)
Spe: 110 (Add 15%, rounded to 109)

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:

Tackle
Foresight
Quick Attack
Double Team
Sonicboom
Detect
Supersonic
Hypnosis

Shadow Ball
Hidden Power Fire (7)
Psychic

Signal Beam
Secret Power
Whirlwind

Azurill (*) (Male)

Nature: Brave (+Special Attack, -Speed)

Type: Normal

Normal: Normal STAB; Bite, Claw Sharpen, Crunch, Dig, Double Kick, Hammer Arm, Iron Tail, Rain Dance, Rock Smash, Shadow Claw, Sunny Day, Wild Charge have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Thick Fat Halves damage from Fire and Ice moves. Huge Power Doubles Attack in battle. Sap Sipper Absorbs Grass moves, raising Attack one stage.(DW)
Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2(+)
SpA: Rank 1
Spe: 17(-)

Moves:

Splash(*)
Charm(*)
Tail Whip(*)
Bubble(*)
Slam(*)
Water Gun(*)
Body Slam(*)
Encore(*)
Refresh(*)
Ice Beam(*)
Surf(*)
Return

EC:3/9
MC: 5
DC:3/5

Ralts - Clara (F)
Nature: Calm
Type: Psychic - Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.
KOs: 0

Abilities:
Trace: (Can be Activated) This Pokemon can copy an ability of the opponent and replace Trace for six (6) actions. Wonder Guard cannot be Traced.
Syncronize: (Innate) Pokemon with this ability mentally link their condition to an opposing Pokemon and pass on any status inflicted on them to their foe. Due to their body structure, Poison types cannot be poisoned and Fire types cannot be burned in this manner.
Telepathy: (DW) - LOCKED.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 0
Def: Rank 1
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 40

EC: 0/9
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
-Growl
-Confusion
-Double Team
-Teleport
-Lucky Chant
-Magical Leaf
-Heal Pulse
-Calm Mind

-Disable
-Encore
-Memento

-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Toxic

Larvesta (Female) - Empress
Nature: Bold (Def: +1, Atk: -1)
Type: Bug / Fire
Bug Type - Bug STAB; More mobility in dense brush or forest conditions. Gain an extra guaranteed attack on multi-hit moves.
Fire Type - Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Abilities:
Flame Body - (Innate) This Pokemon’s external temperature is kept at such a high level that any contact attack used on this Pokemon has a 30% chance of burning the opponent.
0 -
(DW) Swarm - (Dormant) - (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33% (flat), the Base Attack Power of any Bug-typed attack is increased by 2. (eg Silver Wind goes from 6 to 8, X-Scissor from 8 to 10)

Stats:

Atk: Rank 2 (-)
Def: Rank 3 (+)
SpA: Rank 2
Spe: 60

EC: 0 / 6
DC: 0 / 5

Attacks:

Level-Up Moves - Ember(*), String Shot(*), Leech Life(*), Take Down(*)
Egg Moves - Morning Sun(*), Magnet Rise(*), Harden(*)
BW TM Moves - Will-O-Wisp(*), Sunny Day(*), Light Screen(*)

A rigid follower and enforcer of rules, Larvesta has little tolerance for those who are lazy or disruptive of order. A stringent believer in picking one's battles, she does not attack until all due preperations and ceremonies have been completed; only when all appropriate wards and safegaurds are up and fortified will Larvesta begin her offensive.

Kricketot (Liszt) M
Nature: Adamant (Adds One (1) Rank to Attack; Subtracts One (1) Rank From Special Attack)
Type: Bug
Bug: Bug STAB; More mobility in dense brush or forest conditions. Gain an extra guaranteed attack on multi-hit moves.

Abilities:
Shed Skin: (Innate) This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.
Run Away (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon is quick on its feet and will evade any field traps and hazards that would harm it (Spikes, Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes) in an arena. A Pokemon can still absorb Toxic Spikes if it has Run Away and is Poison-typed. Run Away does not allow the Pokemon to switch out of trapping moves or abilities, however it can escape other situational trapping strategies in battle.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 2 (+)
SpA: Rank 0 (-)
Spe: 25

EC: 4/6
MC: 8
DC: 4/5

Attacks:
Growl
Bide
Struggle Bug
Bug Bite

Endeavor
Mud-slap
Uproar

Post your items.

Whoa, what a bunch of bugs. :o

Okay Clara, let's get it on! Equip that Oran Berry!

Ralts - Clara (F)
@Oran Berry

Clara: Ralts!

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
That Yanma is the biggest issue; you'll want sleep protection.

Empress (Larvesta) ♀
@Chesto Berry

Athenodoros

It is really up to you guys, but I can't find anyone on IRC who wants to sub in, so maybe just continue without him. You can all send in your actions now, and just assume that he was knocked out immediately.

Athenodoros

ARRRIGHT. It has been a few days since I PM'd everyone, so whosoever hasn't PM'd back is just too late. Tough. And I've decided how I'm going to deal with that, because I know in a 1v1v1v1v1v1 it will happen a lot: You will just idle, or Chill if you are in a battle. I'll give you a few days, but just get those PMs in. Anyway, this means I'll include dragonboy52 for now, so if he wants to continue next round he can. Anway, not much happens this round:

-TEA_DEMON's Liszt and LouisCyphre's Empress Search twice each. Well Done.
-TheWolfe's Clara uses Double Team (2) and then searches for a bit. Well Done.
-Paradoxus' Miles fires off two Signal Beams in random directions, not helping because he can't actually see his target, Clara. Read the Rules.
-Dragonboy's Azurill sits around and does nothing. PM NAO.
-XVIcaliber's Richter does diddly squat. Pay attention.

This leaves us with:

XVIcaliber's Richter
Energy: 100%

Paradoxus' Miles
Energy: 84%
+1 Speed

dragonboy52's Azurill

TheWolfe's Clara
Energy: 92%
2 Clones
Searching - 1 Action

LouisCyphre's Empress
Searching - 2 Actions

TEA_DEMON's Liszt
Searching - 2 Actions

PM THEM ACTIONS

Athenodoros

So, I have everyone's actions but dragonboy52's, so he is deleted from the maze and ignored. How embarrassing. However, that still leaves 5 competitors in the maze, giving us the rest of the round:

-Paradoxus' Miles searches, and then tries to search again but is already being attacked by Liszt, so he gives up and faces him.
-LouisCyphre's Empress uses Light Screen and then searches, and finds... XVIcaliber's Richter! This becomes the first battle of the game! Well done!
-TheWolfe's Clara uses Double Team once more, adding another clone, and then searches.
-XVIcaliber's Richter uses Rollout to get around faster, but before he can actually do any real searching, he is found by Empress, so when he tries it doesn't really do anything.
-TEA_DEMON's Liszt searches, finding Miles, and then hits him with a Struggle Bug, lowering his special attack and doing the first damage on the match! Yay!

This leaves us with:

XVIcaliber's Richter
Energy: 95%
Battling Empress
Rollout - 1 Action

Paradoxus' Miles
HP: 94
Energy: 82%
Fighting Liszt
+2 Speed
-1 Special Attack

TheWolfe's Clara
Energy: 88%
3 Clones
Searching - 2 Actions

LouisCyphre's Empress
Energy: 92%
Light Screen - Five More Actions
Battling Richter

TEA_DEMON's Liszt
Energy: 97%
Battling Miles

PM THEM ACTIONS

Also, we just had our first meeting. No one said what happens here, so I'll have a few more rules:

-Once you meet someone, you are taken out of the rotation of searching etc, and have a battle on the side. Post actions here, and I will ref the side battle until it finishes like a normal battle. In this way, there could be two matches on at once. If someone finds the battle, they will just be included in the reffings. If you are in a battle, do not PM stuff, just post quickly.
-dragonboy has been taken out for inactivity.

Everyone but Clara is in a battle, so only TheWolfe should PM me this round. Remember, you can search randomly, or you can search for a particular Pokemon three times to get a battle. As for the rest of you, just post here like you normally would. Good luck.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
Actually; it is stated that if someone searches and finds a battle, they simply walk in on that battle mid-step.

Also, why didn't I Light Screen?

great, i found something that i can't do shit to. :U that struggle bug would've helped though...

struggle bug ~ uproar
but if i have in fact used struggle bug from last "round" just uproar from the start.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.

"Starting with our absolute worst matchup; that's fine with us, right Empress? Bind it down with String Shot; don't worry about its speed, just keep it tethered so it can't approach you. We don't want him getting close enough to smash us or drop rocks. Then, begin weakening it from afar."

String Shot (Binding) | Will-O-Wisp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)