Sports Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread

The Draft was really stupid. The second that Cena got drafted to Smackdown, all I kept thinking was "I bet that he gets drafted back before the end of the show", and surprise, surprise, he did. It was just a way of building the show around him (AGAIN), not to mention the way that he cleared the ring of Raw's three main heels at the end of the show was just disgraceful.

Orton swapping shows was pretty predictable too. Smackdown were always going to get given a top face, since the draft was only so early this year to give them a replacement for Edge. Moving Del Rio to Raw was obvious, but he did need new opponents, so that was okay.

Big Show must get drafted every year as well...

Last edited:

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
The second that Cena got drafted to Smackdown, all I kept thinking was "I bet that he gets drafted back before the end of the show", and suprise, suprise, he did.
Totally agree, actually I told that to my brother and he didnt want to believe me xP
Correct me if im wrong, but i heard that today is going to be a complementary draft

Today's Draft picks:

Raw: Beth Phoenix, Chris Masters, Curt Hawkins, Drew McIntyre, Jack Swagger, JTG, Kelly Kelly, Kofi Kingston, Tyler Reks.

Smackdown: Alex Riley, Alicia Fox, Daniel Bryan, Great Khali, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Natalya, Sheamus, Tamina, Ted DiBiase, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Yoshi Tatsu.
Smackdown got some decent additions to their roster today at least. Most notably Bryan and Regal, as now they may finally get to have their long awaited match against each other.

I did expect Randy Orton to go against Christian for the world heavyweight championship at some point, but not this early..

"I quit" matches are boring without the blood and stuff. It doesn't look realistic when there is no blood and you're supposed to beat someone down to the point of him saying I quit.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
FREE CHAVO!

This is excellent news, I hope he finds his way to TNA and finally gets a chance to show off his skills. I think it's disgraceful how WWE quashed the career of a guy who has more talent than half their roster put together.

Chavo on Twitter said:
"Yes, it's true. My release is the big news I was talking about. But let's get something straight. I asked for my release. I was just tired of not being used correctly. Just cuz u can make other ppl look good, doesn't mean they should just have u lose to them.

"The same thing happened to Eddie. After being champ, they still had him working mid card status. Being a Guerrero, we've been taught since diapers to get the most out of ppl & matches. It's our gift, but also our curse. WWE has always used us to make other ppl look good.

"It all comes down to being happy. I was not happy in WWE anymore. I had a smile on my face last night though when I got my release though! :) now it's time for me to start being a Guerrero again, and start kicking ass again, be able to tell stories in the ring like u know we can. :) win or lose I will never go back to the place WWE put me in.

"I will never go back to being under utilized and watching ppl who suck get bigger "pushes" than me! Thank u to all of u who stuck by me & kept reminding me, I was better than that! :) stay tuned.. Big things coming!! Now I will Really be able to entertain u! :) like me or hate me, 1 thing I have always tried to do is entertain u and give u fans your $ worth. Even if My hands were tied most of the time. I love u all and can't wait for the future!! So happy. :)"

"Hey, u guys have me trending World wide!! Thanks. I should of quit a long time ago! Lol. I know it may sound like it, but I've got no hard feelings toward the WWE. I've just been unhappy there for a long time & if you have watched the show, u will no why.

"I made a lot of money, but I'm better than just cashing a paycheck. I wish no hard feelings toward the WWE& Want to see them and all my friends there succeed! I love wrestling & want nothing but wrestling to get better & bigger. U fans deserve..Nothing but a great show and great stories& athleticism for staying so true to wrestling. It's in my blood & always will be. :) People asking what I'm gonna do now..I'm gonna stay home and be a Dad. :) going to watch my son's football practice now. :) Happy!"

um no tna is awful :/

if chavo wants to have that push, then his best bet will be roh where he will be pretty much given free reign. guaranteed if he goes to tna he will get the same treatment of "im here in tna now, dominate for month or so, start jobbing to like eric young"

obligatory "looks like sin cara botched chavos wwe career!"

Lee

@ Thick Club
Tna is good if you record it and then just fast-forward to the matches. The standard of in-ring ability is generally much higher than that in wwe.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Holy shit, holy shit, CM Punk went to fucking town. Shitreally hit the fan.

Officially, CM Punk has agreed to fulfill his non-televised commitments and both sides have agreed not to disparage the other.

That was nuts.

CM Punk wants to be Brian Pillman by the looks of it.

The loose cannon thing could only be done once ><

Lee

@ Thick Club
a great main event ruined by WWE's insistence that Cena cannot lose a match fairly under any circumstances. Can we just let the screwjob die already?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)