Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After so much Hall and Subway reffings, reffing a regular match can actually be fun. PM your Pokemon up to 3!

Oh yeah, I've been meaning to issue a match kinda like RD's last one (copycat! ^_^) so let's see...

2v2 Singles
DQ: 2 days, 3 days for ref
Pokemon I'll be using: Electabuzz and Bolderdash
Special Policy: This match will always result in a Tie no matter what
Arena: An Aquarium

There are fishies in tanks everywhere. No, no petting area, sorry. Any move is allowed. Moves that have potential to break these glass tanks, such as Earthquake, Hyper Beam misses, and a Brick Break specifically targeted on the glass, WILL break the glass and flood the arena with dangerous fishies that you can't kill! There are five (5) glass tanks. Using AoE moves like Earthquake will need 2 hits to destroy all tanks. A single target move like Hyper Beam and Brick Break require 1 hit to destroy a tank. What are inside the tanks anyway? They are:

Piranha (1 tank destroyed): Deals 3 damage to each Pokemon per round.
Electric Eel (2 tanks destroyed): Deals 6 damage to each Pokemon per round and has a 20% chance to paralyze (10%) them (check for both Pokemon, doesn't matter if it's a Ground-type or has Limber).
Giant Squid (3 tanks destroyed): Deals 9 damage to each Pokemon per round and has a 20% chance to toxic poison them (^ except for Immunity).
Sperm Whale (4 tanks destroyed): Deals 12 damage to each Pokemon per round and has a 20% chance to freeze them (1 action).
Great White Shark (5 tanks destroyed): Deals 15 damage to each Pokemon per round.

And yes, they will all be active at the same time if they're all unleashed! If they manage to KO a Pokemon, the KOC goes to the opponent.
I am a little scared of the fishes but what the hell and I'll bring my own Electabuzz, I think we "caught" them at the same time.

No items
All abilities
Switch nope

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Challenging Destiny Warrior to a 2v2 Doubles
DQ: 3 days unless ref is noted of absence with return time
Arena: Grassy Plain, no water, nothing special.

Ssorry Jesseus (Although you could ref the oter 1v1)

RD had an interesting idea for a battle, so i'm going to try it out.

2v2 Triples! (I've done 1v1 Doubles, we can pull this off :p)
36 hour DQ
2 Recovers/5 Chills
Battle Subway: The Battle Subway, no resstrictions. However, the third pokemon you battle with in this battle, is a RNGed pokemon from the list of pokemon that you can battle between Battles 1 and 8 in the ASB Battle Subway! Every round, a new pokemon is given as a third, and they cannot be targeted. However, they can battle as normal. Due to the nature of this battle, it must be Items = On and One Ability. I apoligize for not giving the acceptor anything to decide.
I'll battle you, if you're okay with fighting a weaker opponent. If you want to fight someone more experienced instead, no problem!
We need a ref for this.

Time for more Battle Revolution battles!

1v1 Open Challenge
0 Recoveries/0 Chills
1 Day DQ (I want this to go fast)
Arena:

Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Simple
Restrictions: Only fully unevolved Pokemon and no single-stage Pokemon, no leaving the 30 feet diameter circle

This arena is a public park. A circular arena (about 30 feet in diameter) is painted on the field, with some bushes over to the side, and a fountain. The main theme to this place is that only Pokemon that are fully unevolved are allowed (no single-stages), as this is the place where Little battles and the Little Cup take place. The fountain surprisingly is enough of a water source for all attacks involving water to be used. The ground is nice and fresh and can be dug through. All of the structures in the park were built to withstand earthquakes, so seismic activity may occur. The park rules state that no battles may go beyond the 30 feet wide circular arena. After all, this is a public park, for everyone who wishes to enjoy its beauty. We're lucky enough that we are allowed to cause earthquakes.

If you don't want to read the description, basically it is an arena where everything goes except that you can only use first stage Pokemon, and no single-stage Pokemon.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
I wanna match

Match: 3 vs 3 Doubles
DQ: 3 Days
Pokemon I'll use: Mid-evos (like Servine) and stuff that doesn't evolve (like Lapras and Dunsparce)

(stolen from NJiggly with a few modifications :P)

Arena: A Random Desert
Complexity: Moderate
Restriction: No Surf for you.
Side Note For Refs: It's a good idea to post thirst counters at the end of the round.

Basically, everyone has a Thirst Counter. If the Thirst Counter for a pokemon goes to 10, then that pokemon di-i mean faints. This counter increases on the first and third action of a round. There are an infinite amount of cacti in the general vicinity. At anytime you can break a cactus using a move and drink the water from it (counts as an action).

There is a 5% chance of rain at the beginning of a round. If it rains, rain is in effect for that round and the Thirst Counter for all Pokemon decreases by 5.
I'll ref Limewire's match once he gets an opponent
:(

1v1 Open Challenge
0 Recoveries/0 Chills
Arena:

Restrictions: Only fully unevolved Pokemon and no single-stage Pokemon, no leaving the 30 feet diameter circle

This arena is a public park. A circular arena (about 30 feet in diameter) is painted on the field, with some bushes over to the side, and a fountain. The main theme to this place is that only Pokemon that are fully unevolved are allowed (no single-stages), as this is the place where Little battles and the Little Cup take place. The fountain surprisingly is enough of a water source for all attacks involving water to be used. The ground is nice and fresh and can be dug through. All of the structures in the park were built to withstand earthquakes, so seismic activity may occur. The park rules state that no battles may go beyond the 30 feet wide circular arena. After all, this is a public park, for everyone who wishes to enjoy its beauty. We're lucky enough that we are allowed to cause earthquakes.

If you don't want to read the description, basically it is an arena where everything goes except that you can only use first stage Pokemon, and no single-stage Pokemon.
You are on.

Switch: What?
One Ability
Items Disabled

Need a ref for this. Also, since I have two spare battle slots now, I'm changing the other challenge I issued into two challenges that are identical except for arena:

New challenge #1

2v2 singles
2-day DQ for players, 3-day DQ for ref
Unlimited recoveries and unlimited chills
I will be using fully evolved mons here
Arena: Flavio the Thermal Fish's canyon

The arena is set in a canyon. Non-grass-types cannot use Grass Knot and there is a limit on the external water source (as explained below) but all other moves are legal and unrestricted.

Throughout the battle, Flavio the Thermal Fish will rest in his pool of water. At the end of each action, he will blow hot bubbles on all the pokemon in the arena. This counts as a special multi-hit water-type attack with 2 BP per hit and Flavio's special attack is rank 4. Flavio's attack also has a (5*number of hits)% chance to burn the target.

If Flavio is attacked at all during a round, however, he will not blow bubbles on the battling pokemon for the rest of the round after he is hit, and at the end of the round he'll dive into his pool of water. He will then come up again at the end of the following round and normal service will be resumed. However, while Flavio is underwater, his pool may be used as an external water source for moves like Surf. While Flavio is surfaced, his huge body prevents any pokemon from using his pool of water for anything.

While Flavio is underwater, ice-type attacks can be directed at the pool of water. The pool takes ice damage equal to the base power of the ice-type attack with no modifiers. Once the pool takes a total of 30 ice damage, it freezes over, making the pool unusable as an external water source and preventing Flavio from interfering for the rest of the battle.

New challenge #2

2v2 singles
Arena: Goo Man Chu's tower

This arena is set inside a stone tower (so weather, SolarBeam, Thunder, Moonlight and Morning Sun are unusable). Digging and seismic moves are not allowed. There is also no external water source.

The tower is full of green goo and there are platforms along the edges. Here's a diagram for you:

When a pokemon is released, the trainer must specify which platform it starts out on. Also, pokemon may use the command Move to platform X. Which platforms the pokemon can access depends on which platform the pokemon is on and their current speed. The distance they may travel in terms of number of platforms is speed/75, rounded up to the nearest whole number, max 4. So, for example, if Blaziken is on platform 5, it can travel to any platform between 3 and 7, whereas Steelix on platform 5 can only travel to platform 4 or 6. This command costs 3 energy per platform traversed (so the Blaziken would pay 6 energy to travel from platform 5 to platform 3). This command is not subject to the consecutive energy penalty and cannot be encored or disabled but Taunt will work against it. Finally, contact attacks cannot be used unless the user and the target are on the same platform.

At the end of the round, one platform will go into the wall (randomly chosen, all with equal chance but never the same platform on two consecutive rounds). Any pokemon on that platform will fall into the goo below (including flying and levitating pokemon). If a pokemon falls in like this, it takes 20 damage and its first action must be Get up onto platform X (all platforms are reachable in this scenario except the one that disappeared). This command costs 10 energy, is not subject to consecutive energy penalty and cannot be encored or disabled. Falling into the goo cures a pokemon of sleep, freeze and taunt, but if it is fully paralysed when it tries to get out of the goo, it takes another 20 damage and it must try again.

Once a platform has gone into the wall, it stays there for one round and emerges at the end of the round (at the same time as another platform going into the wall). Pokemon cannot move across a hidden platform unless they can fly or levitate (so Blaziken can't travel from platform 5 to platform 3 if platform 4 is hidden) and obviously they can't stop on a platform that's not there.
Taking New Challenge #1, Items=On, Abilities=All, and Switch=KO.

Also reffing that match Objection needed a ref for. PM TEAMS PLOX.

New challenge #2

2v2 singles
Arena: Goo Man Chu's tower
This arena is set inside a stone tower (so weather, SolarBeam, Thunder, Moonlight and Morning Sun are unusable). Digging and seismic moves are not allowed. There is also no external water source.

The tower is full of green goo and there are platforms along the edges. Here's a diagram for you:

When a pokemon is released, the trainer must specify which platform it starts out on. Also, pokemon may use the command Move to platform X. Which platforms the pokemon can access depends on which platform the pokemon is on and their current speed. The distance they may travel in terms of number of platforms is speed/75, rounded up to the nearest whole number, max 4. So, for example, if Blaziken is on platform 5, it can travel to any platform between 3 and 7, whereas Steelix on platform 5 can only travel to platform 4 or 6. This command costs 3 energy per platform traversed (so the Blaziken would pay 6 energy to travel from platform 5 to platform 3). This command is not subject to the consecutive energy penalty and cannot be encored or disabled but Taunt will work against it. Finally, contact attacks cannot be used unless the user and the target are on the same platform.

At the end of the round, one platform will go into the wall (randomly chosen, all with equal chance but never the same platform on two consecutive rounds). Any pokemon on that platform will fall into the goo below (including flying and levitating pokemon). If a pokemon falls in like this, it takes 20 damage and its first action must be Get up onto platform X (all platforms are reachable in this scenario except the one that disappeared). This command costs 10 energy, is not subject to consecutive energy penalty and cannot be encored or disabled. Falling into the goo cures a pokemon of sleep, freeze and taunt, but if it is fully paralysed when it tries to get out of the goo, it takes another 20 damage and it must try again.

Once a platform has gone into the wall, it stays there for one round and emerges at the end of the round (at the same time as another platform going into the wall). Pokemon cannot move across a hidden platform unless they can fly or levitate (so Blaziken can't travel from platform 5 to platform 3 if platform 4 is hidden) and obviously they can't stop on a platform that's not there.
I'll take Objection's match #2, with the following adjustment(s) if acceptable:
Make it a 3v3 singles
Rather than unlimited recovery, change it to 3.

And to make things interesting:
Switch=OK
Items=On
Abilities=All

Edit: Objection has agreed to my adjustments. Now we just need a ref.

Alright, so ive had an open battle slot going for far to long, and ive seen these matches flying around and they look awsome so im going to issue one of my own:

6v6 Brawl
1 day DQ/2 for ref
6 Chills/5 Recoveries
Arena:Sunshine Meadow:
Sunshine Meadow is a large open field with beautiful weather and a pleasant calming atmosphere, the perfect place for training! The pleasant atmosphere of the field reduces the total damage dealt by all Dark type attacks (including combos that utilize dark type attacks) by half. The weather is also very dedicated to calm and will half the duration of any weather moves used. Other than that seismic attacks are fine, fire attacks are fine (since there aren't any trees around and the grass is very short anyways) and theres a small pond of water on the north side of the field allowing any water type attacks to be used.

also i will be using all first stage mons except for one, so I would appreciate a like team to take this challenge.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright, so ive had an open battle slot going for far to long, and ive seen these matches flying around and they look awsome so im going to issue one of my own:

6v6 Brawl
1 day DQ/2 for ref
6 Chills/5 Recoveries
Sunshine Meadow is a large open field with beautiful weather and a pleasant calming atmosphere, the perfect place for training! The pleasant atmosphere of the field reduces the total damage dealt by all Dark type attacks (including combos that utilize dark type attacks) by half. The weather is also very dedicated to calm and will half the duration of any weather moves used. Other than that seismic attacks are fine, fire attacks are fine (since there aren't any trees around and the grass is very short anyways) and theres a small pond of water on the north side of the field allowing any water type attacks to be used.

also i will be using all first stage mons except for one, so I would appreciate a like team to take this challenge.
Well, I don't know exactly how this works, but since no one is accepting my current open nfe challenge, I'll do this instead

Well, If you will let me, that is, I don't have 5 first stage guys to use, but I could do 4 first stage, 1 evolved and my Ditto (which i promise would transform into a first stage guy). if that is fine, then lets do no items and all abilities.

Make it a 3v3 singles

Switch=OK
Items=On
Abilities=All
OK then, 3 recoveries it is and we can make it a 3v3 singles.

So, now I need three two refs, or one ref willing to take on three two matches at once.

6v6 Brawl
1 day DQ/2 for ref
6 Chills/5 Recoveries

Well, I don't know exactly how this works, but since no one is accepting my current open nfe challenge, I'll do this instead

Well, If you will let me, that is, I don't have 5 first stage guys to use, but I could do 4 first stage, 1 evolved and my Ditto (which i promise would transform into a first stage guy). if that is fine, then lets do no items and all abilities.

1v1 Open Challenge
0 Recoveries/0 Chills
Arena:

You are on.

Switch: What?
One Ability
Items Disabled
delicious ref tokens

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
Fire Blast said:
Ssorry Jesseus (Although you could ref the oter 1v1)

RD had an interesting idea for a battle, so i'm going to try it out.

2v2 Triples! (I've done 1v1 Doubles, we can pull this off :p)
36 hour DQ
2 Recovers/5 Chills
Battle Subway: The Battle Subway, no resstrictions. However, the third pokemon you battle with in this battle, is a RNGed pokemon from the list of pokemon that you can battle between Battles 1 and 8 in the ASB Battle Subway! Every round, a new pokemon is given as a third, and they cannot be targeted. However, they can battle as normal. Due to the nature of this battle, it must be Items = On and One Ability. I apoligize for not giving the acceptor anything to decide.
Romeert said:
I'll battle you, if you're okay with fighting a weaker opponent. If you want to fight someone more experienced instead, no problem!
I got this.

Challenge Time!
4v4 Doubles
1 Day DQ
2 Recovers/5 chills
ASB Arena
Special Request: For this match, I will be using two totally unevolved mons and two FEs. One of the unevolved mons is a Tynamo. For that reason, I request that the accepter of this challenge take that into account. I will not force anything, but if anyone has a Beldum/Tynamo/Feebas/Magikarp or something and wants this match, please take it.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
IDK what happened to the people willing to ref so let's kill myself...

Taking the following:

------

Challenging Destiny Warrior to a 2v2 Doubles
DQ: 3 days unless ref is noted of absence with return time
Arena: Grassy Plain, no water, nothing special.
Accepting this random noob's challenge!

jk

No Items
All Abilities
Switch = KO
-----------

Make it a 3v3 singles

Switch=OK
Items=On
Abilities=All

Edit: Objection has agreed to my adjustments. Now we just need a ref.
Taking New Challenge #1, Items=On, Abilities=All, and Switch=KO.

New challenge #1

2v2 singles
Arena: Flavio the Thermal Fish's canyon

The arena is set in a canyon. Non-grass-types cannot use Grass Knot and there is a limit on the external water source (as explained below) but all other moves are legal and unrestricted.

Throughout the battle, Flavio the Thermal Fish will rest in his pool of water. At the end of each action, he will blow hot bubbles on all the pokemon in the arena. This counts as a special multi-hit water-type attack with 2 BP per hit and Flavio's special attack is rank 4. Flavio's attack also has a (5*number of hits)% chance to burn the target.

If Flavio is attacked at all during a round, however, he will not blow bubbles on the battling pokemon for the rest of the round after he is hit, and at the end of the round he'll dive into his pool of water. He will then come up again at the end of the following round and normal service will be resumed. However, while Flavio is underwater, his pool may be used as an external water source for moves like Surf. While Flavio is surfaced, his huge body prevents any pokemon from using his pool of water for anything.

While Flavio is underwater, ice-type attacks can be directed at the pool of water. The pool takes ice damage equal to the base power of the ice-type attack with no modifiers. Once the pool takes a total of 30 ice damage, it freezes over, making the pool unusable as an external water source and preventing Flavio from interfering for the rest of the battle.

Hmmmm...Leethoof needs to get his newest Shieldons up to par with his other ones.

2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ
Arena: Roleplaying training grounds - A very high tech arena which can transform to anything the ref wants, to encourage awesome battling. As this is a roleplaying training grounds, each trainer must order at least one roleplaying command/action each round, or use a move in a creative way. If the ref determines the moves use not creative enough, then one random action will fail for that trainer.

Also, will have to wait on prize claiming to start the battle.

With the ending of my recent battles, I'm looking to fully evolve some of my Pokémon. So...

Match 1:
2v2 Doubles
1 Day DQ
2 Recovers/5 Chills
Arena - Route 39. There's no water for water moves. Additionally, special or field attacks have a 10%/20% (respective) chance of bothering one of the nearby (neutral natured) Miltank, who will then use Body Slam on the attacker.

Match 2:
2v2 Singles
1 Day DQ
2 Recovers/5 Chills
Arena - Route 206. There's water for water moves, a mountain for rock moves. Earthquake is not permitted, however, as the bike path would suffer structural damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)