My Dnite team

Been running this team for a few weeks and now it's time to showcase it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Heatran
@Leftovers (ignore picture) = ]
EV: 252 HP 4 SATK 252 SDEF
Ability: Flash Fire
Calm (+SDEF,-ATK)
-Stealth Rock
-Protect
-Lava Plume
-Roar

I used to run a different set, this one however, is much more useful. Stealth Rock, then Roar away. The issue I have with this set is Protect, I'm not a fan but it can protect my Baloon and help scout. Possibly wondering if there's something else. Overall, this set provides my team with SR and eats hits.

Dragonite
@Leftovers
EV: 252 HP 52 ATK 204 SPE
Ability: MultiScale
Adamant (+ATK,-SATK)
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Fire Punch
-Roost

By far my favorite pokemon, my team is set up around allowing Dragonite to sweep. This is my old set I ran in gen 4, the only thing I changed was the Ability and EQ to FP. I sweep entire teams with this set. I usually use him late game, DC gives me great STAB and with FP my Dragonite hits nearly everything under the meta sun. Ferrothorn is my BITCH.

Magnezone
@Leftovers
EV: 40 HP 252 SATK 216 SPE
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid (+SPE,-ATK)
-Substitute
-Thunderbolt
-Charge Beam
-Hidden Power Fire

I don't know if i'm not using it correctly but Magnet Pull is seeming to be useless to me. Theres not the abundance of steel types in the meta, and the ones that are can be hit with FP from Dragonite which defeats the purpose of this set to kill steels. However, this set can deal serious damage if it sets up, and is a valid special sweeper. Undoubtedly, it takes skill to use. I'm on the fence with this however, i don't know how i feel about it after extensive testing.

Jirachi
@Choice Scarf
EV: 4 HP 252 ATK 252 SPE
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly (+SPE,-SATK)
-Iron Head
-Zen Headbutt
-Thunder Punch
-Ice Punch

Iron Head for a powerful STAB Zen Headbutt takes care of Conkeldurr trying to setup. TP and IP hurts what it needs to. Not many people run Scarf set and I've got comments on it, Jirachi outspeeds everything i've come across. Overall, this set works well with Dragonite more than Magnezone.

Scizor
@Choice Band
EV: 248 HP 252 ATK 8 SPE
Ability: Technician
Adamant (+ATK,-SATK)
-U-Turn
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Pursuit

Sword Dance set? No, I ran one awhile back and replaced it with a Banding one, this always has been the most successful set Scizor has for me. Pursuit or U-Turn hitting Rotoms and Superpower for Blissey that would otherwise give me hell. BP revenges whatever I need it to.

Machamp
@Leftovers
EV: 252 HP 252 ATK 4 SPE
Ability: No Guard
Adamant (+ATK,-SATK)
-Dynamic Punch
-Bullet Punch
-Ice Punch
-Payback

For awhile I was looking for a set that balanced my team; this is it. My final spot went to Machamp, he gives me great synergy. DP beats down Blissey, and the rest is simple. He's a versatile lead as well, especially when I see threats against Heatran.

Regrettably what i've posted under the sets are the most constructive thing I have to say about them individually, I'm a Gen 4 player and warming up to this gen is more than a feat, it's screwy.

My worst threats are:

Swampert
Quagsire
Rotom-W

Running HP Grass on Heatran hardly dented Quagsire or Swampert. :\

I work around them, but this is just from what i've seen, i'm sure there are more holes to find.

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey, interesting team you've got there. I've got a few suggestions to improve it:

Give Heatran Leftovers over Air Balloon. Sure, Air Balloon is cool, but on a Specially Defensive variant, Heatran appreciates the gradual recovery more than the temporary immunity in the long haul.

Give Dragonite Outrage over Dragon Claw. Dragonite has a massive Attack stat, and a fantastic boosting move, and should make use of it by using the most powerful attacks that it has access to. A Lum Berry could be used to avoid confusion, and since you have Roost, losing Leftovers won't be that much of a loss.

Magnezone pairs well with Dragonite, because it can take Steel-type Pokemon out of the way. Magnezone and Dragonite also resist every type in the game between them. I'm getting off point here, anyways, one of the reasons that you weren't finding Magnezone effective is probably because your Dragonite didn't have Outrage. When Dragonite can spam Outrage, all it needs is for Steel-types to be taken out and that can sentence opponents to their deaths.

Jirachi seems redundant to me, because it is adding more weaknesses to your team than it is resistances (Half of your team is weak to Ground and Fire because of it). Also, you already have a revenge killer: Scizor. I suggest replacing it with Gliscor:

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Protect
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

Gliscor over Jirachi may seem like a wierd swap, but here's why you should do it: Your team is incredibly weak to Excadrill. It can OHKO 5 of your team members with Stealth Rock support, and all of them after a Swords Dance. Gliscor fixes that weakness, as it makes a solid check to Excadrill, and many other physical attackers. It also makes a great status absorber too.

Good luck with the team, I hope I helped

Hey, interesting team you've got there. I've got a few suggestions to improve it:

Give Heatran Leftovers over Air Balloon. Sure, Air Balloon is cool, but on a Specially Defensive variant, Heatran appreciates the gradual recovery more than the temporary immunity in the long haul.

Give Dragonite Outrage over Dragon Claw. Dragonite has a massive Attack stat, and a fantastic boosting move, and should make use of it by using the most powerful attacks that it has access to. A Lum Berry could be used to avoid confusion, and since you have Roost, losing Leftovers won't be that much of a loss.

Magnezone pairs well with Dragonite, because it can take Steel-type Pokemon out of the way. Magnezone and Dragonite also resist every type in the game between them. I'm getting off point here, anyways, one of the reasons that you weren't finding Magnezone effective is probably because your Dragonite didn't have Outrage. When Dragonite can spam Outrage, all it needs is for Steel-types to be taken out and that can sentence opponents to their deaths.

Jirachi seems redundant to me, because it is adding more weaknesses to your team than it is resistances (Half of your team is weak to Ground and Fire because of it). Also, you already have a revenge killer: Scizor. I suggest replacing it with Gliscor:

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Protect
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

Gliscor over Jirachi may seem like a wierd swap, but here's why you should do it: Your team is incredibly weak to Excadrill. It can OHKO 5 of your team members with Stealth Rock support, and all of them after a Swords Dance. Gliscor fixes that weakness, as it makes a solid check to Excadrill, and many other physical attackers. It also makes a great status absorber too.

Good luck with the team, I hope I helped
Heatran: I agree, I meant to set it as leftovers. i'll fix that.

Dragonite + Magnezone: I'll keep giving this a try, however, with Dragonite as he is nothing can stop it. People throw in Ferro to stop his Dragon Claw but i've got a FP for that. My logic for using Leftovers is to make it easier to abuse multiscale, but that doesn't happen often. If I ran Outrage it would give Magnezone purpose, but in that sense, why not just replace Magnezone? In a single switch I can rid my team of all it's over weaknesses if I drop him. I'd want to explore other options before committing.

Jirachi: I agree with you in the sense Jirachi is only good for Conkeldurr, he hits some targets hard and always kills 1-2 pokemon, but I can understand using gliscor. Thanks for letting me know, I was looking for which pokemon it was i needed to replace. lots of help, i'll make a decision after some testing.

Thanks for all the advice, i appreciate it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)