Unfinished Projects Queue

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hello everyone.

OK, so I've been cleaning out old threads in the Past Generations forum, and I've stumbled across a good number of projects, mostly started by ete, that have yet to be finished, or at least confirmed finished. Any help at all finishing these projects so we can get them uploaded and onsite will be a great contribution and much appreciated. So, if you're looking for something to do, and don't want to write (or are sick of writing) analyses, this is the place for you. Also, if you're looking to get one of those slick ladybugs or Cascade badges (or maybe even an Earth badge) under your name, this is a good place to earn them.

Now, here is the list of stuff that needs to be finished. When you think that the project is completely done, post here and we'll confirm that the project is done. From there, we'll see about getting the project onsite.

Past Generations

- 4th Gen Moveset Errors (DONE)
- Related moves for DPP and ADV
- RBY and GSC Illegal Moveset Workshop (DONE)
- HGSS Illegal Moveset Workshop (DONE)
- Finishing DPP Item Analyses (DONE + uploaded)
- RBY Items
- HGSS Items (needs uploading)
- ADV Item Update
- Gen 3 Move Tutor List (needs pics)
- RSE In-game EV training hotspots
- Location Maps: 4th Gen (needs pics)
- Breeding Guide HG/SS Updates
- Tips and Tricks HG/SS
- Speedrun Guide: Emerald (needs pics)
- RBY Item Locations (needs pics)
- GSC Item Locations (needs pics)
- Anti-lead guide
- Beginner's Guide to Mono-type teams
- Nate's Risk/Reward analysis
- GSC Explosion guide
- Beginner's Guide to RBY
- Pokemon XD General guide
- Strategy analysis: Wish

Projects

- Battling Tool by Accent
- Covered Pokemon V.01 by moqca
- Using the Smogon Framework by ryubahamut
- Pierce - event based IRC framework by rory
- Translating Make to Genshi by chaos
- TI-89 IV Calculator by zerowing
- All Known Pokémon-related Formulas by Actaeon
- Smogon Search: Google Chrome Extension by Premonition
- Catch % Calculator by Corpsecreate
- Setting up the Smogon development environment by ryubahamut

Get out there and help!

One last thing: Don't feel bad about necroing these threads. Feel free to post in the thread and continue working with the project. Again, if and once you think that the project is finished, post here, and we'll see about uploading it. Thanks!

This thread might be updated with unfinished projects within the Projects forum as well, so stay tuned!

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is Aldaron's BST thing just going to be 4th gen or will we update it for 5th gen?

Edit: I'd be happy to get that together either way, I helped with it all that time ago and thought it was interesting if nothing else.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
4th and 5th gen would have to be separated imo. So, if you want to work on 5th gen, you'd have to start a new thread and work on it from there. However, 5th gen would be difficult (actually impossible at this point) to complete, as we don't have an analysis for every Pokemon yet, and searching through all of the DONE threads would be a pretty big pain.

In short, if you want to work on that project, finish it with the 4th gen analyses, we'll worry about 5th gen at a later point.

Diana

All right, I will do so, and maybe when we get the site update I'll bring it back up then. Thanks!

I don't know if this is the right place to post but how exactly is the BST project useful for anyone? I don't see anyone actually needing to know that...

I'm not saying it sucks, I'm just trying to know if we should work on something that doesn't help anyone. Some people said that on the thread but there was no discussion about it. Any answer?

Diana

Aldaron put it like "it shows what Pokemon get the most potential out of their stats" which looking into it makes more sense than we'd usually think about BST. He had another reason too but I forget what it was.

Aldaron put it like "it shows what Pokemon get the most potential out of their stats" which looking into it makes more sense than we'd usually think about BST. He had another reason too but I forget what it was.
Yeah but it's just a curiosity... Why would you want to know that? Does it help when building a team? No, abilities and movepools can't be overlooked. Is there any situation where it can be used? I don't think so.

It can lead to a badge as the OP says but isn't it meaningless work?

Diana

Yeah but it's just a curiosity... Why would you want to know that? Does it help when building a team? No, abilities and movepools can't be overlooked. Is there any situation where it can be used? I don't think so.

It can lead to a badge as the OP says but isn't it meaningless work?
He had another reason but I just can't remember... If C&C decides it's beyond its use now it's okay to get rid of it, I don't really mind.

Oglemi

Borf
Ummm Aldaron's project is probably, on the whole, a little pointless.

BUT, the next time one of us sees Aldaron on IRC we'll try to get him to explain his thought process behind his project (or if he sees this thread and posts here).

His project is probably the one with the lowest priority on the queue, but it's probably also the easiest and most interesting.

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to help, starting with DPP item analyses

Edit: It's done already, I'll have a go at someting else
Edit2: Lol SA and his badges..
Edit3: NixHex speaks the truth

Also, if you're looking to get one of those slick ladybugs or Cascade badges (or maybe even an Earth badge) under your name, this is a good place to earn them.
Thats all the motivation I need.

Moo and I will be doing RBY and GSC Illegal Movesets.

EDIT: User Lady Salamence will also be working on this project with us.

a fairy

I’ll be at PAX East! Will you?
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
HGSS Items

Called it

Some scrub named ShinyAzelf told me to help him and this Moo guy with a project called RBY and GSC Illegal Movesets. Sounds shady, but i've been inticed with the Earth Badge, and since Gary is AFK, I accepted.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I've spoken to Wild Eep about the HGSS and RBY/GSC Illegal movesets, he says that it is done with nothing else to be added. Only thing left is to find a way to present it on-site.

Oglemi

Borf
I posted in Xia's Item Analysis project. If you plan on working on that project, use my last post there as a guide as to what you should do. Also, try to follow suite with how the rest of the overviews were written and use the ones onsite as a guide.

Oglemi

Borf
OK I've updated the OP with some unfinished projects within the Projects forum. If you want to work on something there, first try to get in contact with the OP. If that is not possible, then just continue working on the project either by copying stuff from the OP and working within the old thread or by starting a new thread.

If you feel that there is nothing to work on, or the project is impossible to work on without the owner of the OP or the source code, let me know or post here.

Thanks!

Diana

Quick update: I'm about halfway through the 4th gen dex errors now, and it should be fully done within a week.

Oglemi

Borf
Diana that sounds awesome

As for the RBY items project, I never said for her to take it over, only work on it. Poor choice of words are poor.

Also it's Oglemi not Olgemi >.>

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
dumb Olgemi

NixHex and I have to test a few other things for the project too, like PP mechanics and Spellings. We're working on it.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So before I shoot myself in the foot for this, what do we have to do for the HGSS Items, exactly? I checked it, and Eric pretty much got almost everything covered. Holes we have to fill, perhaps?

Oglemi

Borf
Yeah it looks like ete got all of them, they just need a spot on the D/P items list is all. So, that just means work for me or whoever wants to upload them.

Diana

So about those 4th gen moveset errors, I've been working on them a lot and...

I got them all done.

Used quite a few dexes as reference and there were a lot of errors other than 4th-gen exclusive evo lines but hopefully this fixes it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)