Y U NO FAST?

So this is my first UU team in Gen five to do pretty well (12-4) but I know it can do better, so time to ask for some help!

Changes in Red Bold

Slowbro (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Surf
- Psychic
- Fire Blast

My trick room started equipped with Trick Room (duh). It also has Psychic and Surf to dish out some decent damage on some common leads such as Roserade, Donphan and Venomoth. I have personally witnessed him take out five pokes on a team with this move set. Fire Blast in there for an eviolite Ferroseed or a grass or ice poke trying to set up early on, such as a hail team.

Hariyama (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Fake Out
- Detect
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Armed with a slight variation on the bulky set, he has Guts instead of Thick Fat to switch in on a Will-O-Wisp and punish a confused opponent. Fake Out for a quick priority with decent damage to finish a poke off or start the torture. Stone edge for type cover against fire and flying pokes. Force Palm and EQ for attacks, force palm can make some nice threats a little less scary while paralyzed.

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Mummy
Evs: 252HP, 252 Sp Atk, 4 Def
-Trick Room
-Will-O-Wisp
-Hex
-Hidden Power [Fight]

A hex/W-o-w cofag as well as TR set up. Can help me switch into someone who would destroy my other two TR pokes. Also can take down a Heracross or Snorlax with ease. Works better than tomb because of the more bulk.This poke can crippled physical sweepers and take even a SE hit to set up TR.

Druddigon (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Outrage
- Rock Slide

Changed to a LO Drudd so I can switch up my moves easier. Crunch over sucker punch for the boost from sheer force, also because of sheer force all moves affected by it will not cause LO recoil which is quiet nice. Superpower and Rockslide for type cover while outrage is a stabbed high power move.

Kecleon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Color Change
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Return
- Recover

An amazing special wall with the ability to set up SR and TR. While SR is usually meant for your lead Kecleon has is as a nice side to setting up a TR. I mean why not? I can toss them down turn 7 right after my second TR and deal some nice damage while still holding the fort down with this special sponge. Recover so I can repeat the TR later on and Return for a huge base power stabbed move. What more could you want?

Eelektross (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 128 Def / 252 SAtk / 128 SDef
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

While usually noted for a good physical attack, 105 SpA is not too shabby. With a low base speed and a quite nice move pool Eelektross is a very nice SPecs poke to take down some bigger threats such as a late game donphan or Escavalier. Grass knot for the pesky Eviolite Ryhorn and Flamethrower for those annoying bugs and steels.

Looking for any suggestions to make this OK TR team in a force to be feared.

A big treat to ur team is prob heracross and both its stab moves do serious damage to ur TR pokes and may and eaily OHKO both...and try scald over surf less base but burn chance on pesky flygons who can do damage on ur slowbro since it isn't def based...2HKO

Umm the only way I ever beat TR is stall :D and it looks like mandibuzz can toxic stall ur team pretty hard as long as ur druggion is gone (rock slide) also choice band victini with v-create and curse pokes can do some damage.O and toxic spikes can be a douche so slowbro watch out for roserade

But that's all I really got I'm no expert on TR teams but this one seems effective and again they are a pain in the ass and u gotta over predict from the first turn on...

I'd say HP Fighting over Dark Pulse on Tomb since Dark has redundant coverage with Ghost. I'd prolly max defense on him as well, instead of SpDef. Force Palm doesn't have nice synergy with TR, due to the paralysis effect: I'd vouch for Close Combat instead.

Can you explain why your slowbro has chesto berry?
And Oblivious?
Also why you chose rough skin over sheer force on druddgon?

A big treat to ur team is prob heracross and both its stab moves do serious damage to ur TR pokes and may and eaily OHKO both...and try scald over surf less base but burn chance on pesky flygons who can do damage on ur slowbro since it isn't def based...2HKO

Umm the only way I ever beat TR is stall :D and it looks like mandibuzz can toxic stall ur team pretty hard as long as ur druggion is gone (rock slide) also choice band victini with v-create and curse pokes can do some damage.O and toxic spikes can be a douche so slowbro watch out for roserade

But that's all I really got I'm no expert on TR teams but this one seems effective and again they are a pain in the ass and u gotta over predict from the first turn on...
I agree with the Heracross issue and I was thinking about maxing out Eel's DEF Evs instead of splitting them so he could flamethrower a heracross even outside of TR.

A tbolt or two should deal with a mandibuzz.

Thanks!

I'd say HP Fighting over Dark Pulse on Tomb since Dark has redundant coverage with Ghost. I'd prolly max defense on him as well, instead of SpDef. Force Palm doesn't have nice synergy with TR, due to the paralysis effect: I'd vouch for Close Combat instead.
I agree with you for all three, Tomb would be nicer as a physical wall and Force Palm does have that drawback in TR. Thanks!

Can you explain why your slowbro has chesto berry?
And Oblivious?
Also why you chose rough skin over sheer force on druddgon?

Chesto Berry: One of the most common leads in UU i have encountered is Roserade and 7 out of 10 times it attempts a sleep powder so I guess sash would work to make sure TR gets put up but either way I have an issue with something.

As for their respective abilities:

Oblivious -- I forgot he had regenerator.

Rough Skin -- Had this for the first set I made of him and just forgot to change since in the first set sheer force was useless.

Thanks!

If it has sheer force maybe give it the life orb. It cancels recoil on moves it affects, Lile rock slide.
I'd rather have the huge boost from choice band and it has been working out fine for me so far, thanks though!

UPDATE: Gave Slowbro a Focus Sash

I agree with the Heracross issue and I was thinking about maxing out Eel's DEF Evs instead of splitting them so he could flamethrower a heracross even outside of TR.

A tbolt or two should deal with a mandibuzz.

Thanks!

I agree with you for all three, Tomb would be nicer as a physical wall and Force Palm does have that drawback in TR. Thanks!

Chesto Berry: One of the most common leads in UU i have encountered is Roserade and 7 out of 10 times it attempts a sleep powder so I guess sash would work to make sure TR gets put up but either way I have an issue with something.

As for their respective abilities:

Oblivious -- I forgot he had regenerator.

Rough Skin -- Had this for the first set I made of him and just forgot to change since in the first set sheer force was useless.

Thanks!

dont doubt mandibuzz's incrediable bulk
i ran some calculations and it turns out even with eletross stab+lifeorb+X2 damage after leftovers you would be doing 54-65% damage which is decent for a life orb roost stall then ur trick room wears off and ur tbolt would do half of that damage seeing how mandibuzz would be going first and roost takes away flying weaknesses...and u have really nothing to do damage to mandibuzz on the physical side besides rock slide which is predictable on sheerforce druggion.so mandibuzz u may not think it but unless u get a crit or max damage every time will stall ur team to death no prob just make sure druggion is dead and tric room/life orb stall electross then the rest of your team is easily stalled by mandibuzz and brave bird can still do some damage. MANDIBUZZ FTW

Lol went on a lil rant to protect my birdie mandibuzz but i agree with the sheer force+life orb combo and if u want something to pack a punch try specs on electross

dont doubt mandibuzz's incrediable bulk
i ran some calculations and it turns out even with eletross stab+lifeorb+X2 damage after leftovers you would be doing 54-65% damage which is decent for a life orb roost stall then ur trick room wears off and ur tbolt would do half of that damage seeing how mandibuzz would be going first and roost takes away flying weaknesses...and u have really nothing to do damage to mandibuzz on the physical side besides rock slide which is predictable on sheerforce druggion.so mandibuzz u may not think it but unless u get a crit or max damage every time will stall ur team to death no prob just make sure druggion is dead and tric room/life orb stall electross then the rest of your team is easily stalled by mandibuzz and brave bird can still do some damage. MANDIBUZZ FTW

Lol went on a lil rant to protect my birdie mandibuzz but i agree with the sheer force+life orb combo and if u want something to pack a punch try specs on electross
Oh damn lol. Thanks for the info I'll look into thanks!

I'd try eviolite Slowbro, minus the fact it is a final evo lol...

Changed Eel back to LO since TR and Choice don't really work well together.

why sash on slowbro actually

it's quite bulky and if you need something to tank sleep powder use Restalk Hariyama.
Roserade -- OHKO Leaf Storm
Galvantula -- OHKO Bug Buzz
Abomasnow -- OHKO Wood Hammer
Venomoth -- OHKO Bug Buzz
Electrode -- OHKO Thunder
Yanmega -- OHKO Bug Buzz

All common leads which I'd rather set up TR then fire blast than switch in another setter and risk something screwy happening, especially since Regenerator will bring slowbro back up to a respectable HP after I switch out and I can take out their lead. That is why I use a sash slowbro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)