Why Thunder Wave is such an awesome move *Warstory* (SePh258 vs. me)

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
After looking back at a couple of battles I ran into WiFi, I picked the best choices for a warstory (0mastar (nooblet), pat22331, tacho, SePh258, Megamiz). Megamiz's match was 45 minutes long, tacho and 0mastar gave me extremely similar matches and pat22331's match vs. me is great but fades in comparison to SePh258's match.

So, yes, 0ma held a Tournament is Sppf and my opponent isn't showing up. In my free time, I asked SePh for a battle. He replies that he will use one hacked pogey he receives from a trade, but I disregarded that and just went straight into WiFi.

Anyway, he traded me a Jibacoil before the battle, so I was certain he won't use another Jibacoil a.k.a Magnezone against me, so I just placed Leftovers on Skarmory

The screen on my DS flashed.
ジバク vs. CLOUD

Now before the warstory starts I'll just list whatever we both use because I'm too lazy to do Skarm style.

Also I want to tell you that the numbers aren't all 100% accurate. They're just estimates.

The Match Rules:
- Single Battle, Lv.100
- Sleep Clause
- Species Clause
- Evasion/OHKO Clause.

SePh258's team

- Cresselia (Quack)
- Medicham (GG Nublet)
- Bronzomg (ドータクン)
- Weavile (WEAVILE)
- Land Shark (ガブリアス)
- Manaphy (マナフィ)

My Team

- Salamence (ボーマンダ)
- Blissey (FAT LADY)
- Skarmory (エアームド)
- Swampert (ラグラージ)
- Heracross (ヘラクロス)
- Cresselia (クレセリア)

Anyway the battle started out with him sending a freakin' Shiny Cresseria a.k.a Quack into the battle. I started out in a disadvantage position with Swampert.

Quack stares at Swampert as if it is predicting something. Looking at the psychotic swan, I predicted Grass Rope, and ran off to Heracross. SePh258 predicted that I'd switch, which is why he Thunder Waved my Heracross!

Advantage Position: Me

Quack runs off like a skirtless Jynx and In comes the mighty Garchomp, who ate a Choice Banded Gutsed STABed Megahorn. At least I was sure he would die...........

BUT

Heracross used Megahorn!
(99% damage!)
ガブリアス hung on it's Focus Strip!

Gaaah! That would've been my kill there, but at one HP it won't sweep, right?

I'm still in the advantage position here, but I don't want to risk my chances of Megahorn missing.

So Heracross ran off to Kureseria!

Kureseria went out on the field, and it's miniscule eyes locked with the tattered Gaburiasu. Gaburiasu must've took Dancing lessons, because it Swords Danced on Kureseria!

The Land Shark flexed it's claws, and slashed Kureseria with all it's might, with the move called Dragon Claw!

ガブリアス used Dragon Claw!
(64% damage)
クレセリアused Reflect!
クレセリア's Leftovers restored it's HP a little!

SePh258 was not discouraged by the Reflect at all. I Moonlighted twice while he DClawed me twice. Then Kureseria sends the landshark into pwntville with Ice Beam.

Current Record: 6-5. Me to SePh258

Reflect is awesome!
Anyway SePh258 a.k.a CLOUD shoved a Weavile in Kureseria's face.

Advantage Position: SePh258 and his Weavile
So I withdrew the duck/swan thingy and sent out Swampert.

WEAVILE used Swords Dance!
*Attack boost animation*
Weavile's Attack sharply rose!

Weavile used Ice Punch!
(30% damage!)
Weavile is hurt by Life Orb!
Swampert used Stealth Rock!
Rocks circulate the opponent's area!
Swampert's Leftovers restored it's HP a little!

As things looked bright for me,
Ally's Reflect faded!

Uh oh, I wasn't prepared to eat Swords Danced Life Orbed Ice Punches without a Reflect on!

I hoped with all my might that Swampert will survive this and I can KO it back with my surprise move, and what do you know?

WEAVILE used Swords Dance!
*Attack boost animation*
Weavile's Attack sharply rose!
Swampert used Arm Hammer!
It's super effective!
(90% damage)
Weavile fainted!

At this point I laughed at Misty because she hated Arm Hammer.

Current Record: 6-4. Me to SePh258
He sends in the prince of the sea: Manaphy!!!

Manaphy is hurt by Stealth Rock!

Manaphy is a pain, I know, so I switched to remove my disadvantageous position.

Go FAT LADY!
Manaphy used Tail Glow!
*SA animation*
Manaphy's Special Attack sharply rose!

Yes, and to start out the next turn..........

Manaphy used Tail Glow!
*SA animation*
Blissey(FAT LADY) used Calm Mind!

In your face, Manaphy!
But as bold as SePh258 is, Manaphy attempts another boost.

Manaphy used Tail Glow!
*SA animation*

When.....
FAT LADY used Thunderbolt!
It's super effective!
(70% damage)
Manaphy is paralyzed!
Manaphy's Leftovers restored it's HP a little!

Haxbliss ftw!!!!

Manaphy turns chicken as is never able to sweep again. Blissey blows on her own egg and proudly stood.

SePh258 sent out Quack!

Oh no not the Cresseria again! The more he switches this in the more I'm getting envious.

Quack is hurt by Stealth Rock!

Blissey used Thunderbolt!
(50% damage)
A critical hit!
2 haxes in a row, eh?

I ran Blissey off to Heracross, who comes in armed with Guts + Choice Band + 360+ Attack.

Quack used Moonlight!
Quack regained health!

So I'm in the advantage position again. And this time he has no choice but to make a sacrifice!

CLOUD withdrew Quack!
CLOUD sent out Manaphy!
Manaphy is hurt by Stealth Rock!
Heracross used Megahorn!
Manaphy fainted!

Current Record: 6-3. Me to SePh258

At this point my hand's hurting from all the typing, and I'm still curious what's his last guy.

CLOUD sent out GG Nublet! (Shiny Medicham)
OMG another Shiny???
GG Nublet is hurt by Stealth Rock!

This, my readers, is where the predictions play at it's finest.

I withdrew Heracross and sent out Skarmory (I predicted Psycho Cutter).
Medicham used Ice Punch! (30% damage)

He withdrew Medicham and sent out Mr. Shiny Cresselia back!
Cresselia is hurt by Stealth Rock!

Skarmory used Drill Peck!
(~27% damage!)
A critical hit!

Meh, whatever.

I withdrew Skarmory to got to Heracross, but he withdrew Quack and sent out Medicham. Apprently we both have a set goal: To remove the fighters.

I don't feel risking my heracross to a Fire Punch or Psycho Cutter, so I swapped Heracross for Salamence!

ボーマンダ's Intimidate cuts Medicham's Attack!
Medicham used Ice Punch!
A critical hit!
It's super effective!
(100% damage)
Salamence fainted!

Uh oh!
Current Record: 5-3. Me to SePh258

But now it's safe to bring Heracross back in, right?
I was wrong

I sent out Heracross!
Medicham used Ice Punch!
(49% damage)!

I prepared to deliver a finishing blow when
Heracross used Megahorn!
Heracross' attack missed!
BAH!

This isn't good news to me. I withdrew Cross and sent out Skarmory.
Medicham used Ice Punch!
(20% damage)
I'm barely above 50% so....

CLOUD withdrew GG Nublet!
CLOUD sent out Bronzomg!
Skarmory used Feather Rest!

Yeah, I'm back at full health!
But now I don't have Salamence to protect me from Hi-Jump Kicks, and Kureseria is at about 45%, which means I have to sacrifice someone. And at this point Swampert's the most useless.

I knew this would be a free Heracross switch in, but I accidentally selected Blissey

I sent out FAT LADY!
Bronzomg used Hypnosis!
Bronzomg's attack missed!

Haha Haxbliss ftw. I switched out to Heracross

Bronzomg used Hypnosis!
Bronzomg's attack missed!

Thank you paralysis!
At this point, it's almost checkmaate. And i'm not mentioning Stealth Rock again since the damage won't matter

CLOUD withdrew Doombell
CLOUD sent out Quack!
Heracross used Megahorn!
It's super effective!
(Whatever the remaining Quack's HP goes down the drain!)
Quack fainted!

Me: 5, SePh258: 2

CLOUD sent out Medicham!
At this point I knew he was going to Hi Jump Kick, so I ran off to Swampert!

GG Nublet used Hi Jump Kick!
(75% damage)!

(31% damage)!
Swampert fainted!
Well, that's done.

Current Record: 4-2 Me to SePh258

I sent out Kureseria.
It's not very effective!
(40% damage)!
Kureseria used Moonlight!
Kureseria regained Health!

(~40% damage)!
It's not very effective!
Kureseria used Reflect!

It's not very effective!
(~20% damage)
Kureseria used Moonlight!
Kureseria regaind health!

CLOUD withdrew Medicham!
CLOUD sent out Bronzomg!
I withdrew Kureseria!
I sent out Skarmory!

SePh258 predicted that I'd switch into Heracross. WRONG!
He withdrew Doombell
CLOUD sent out GG Nublet!
Skarmory used Spikes!

GG Nublet used Ice Punch!
(~15% damage)!
Skarmory used Drill Peck!
It's super effective!
(74% damage)
Medicham fainted!

Current Record: 4-1. Me to SePh258

At this point, I relaxed.

CLOUD sent out Doombell!

I withdrew Skarmory!
I sent out Heracross!

Doombell used Gyro Ball!
(2% damage)!
Credits go to Thunder Wave!

Ally's Reflect wore off!
(Not that it matters)

I took a deep breath, and.....

Doombell used Earthquake!
(17% damage!)
Heracross used In Fight!
(100% damage)
Bronzomg fainted!

Ending results: 4-0. Heracross = MURDER!

At this point I'm extremely tired writing.....so I'll give credits:

- Heracross for sweeping
- Skarmory for finishing off Medicham
- Quack for paralyzing my Heracross
- Swampert for destroying Weavile

Jibaku

is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Thanks
*Goes off to get a drink of water because fingers are extremely tired*

Same as all, very nice read, I love the D/P moments such as Skarmory using Feather Rest or Pokémon getting hit by Stealth Rock.

Poor Garchomp he got owned early-game. Heracross kicked ass.

Jibaku

Celebrates because it's my first 5 star thread.

*Waits for SePh258 for fall in this contraption*

Great read. Makes me think I should have done this with mine and SePh's battle last night.

I still think there are way to many Cresselia's around though lol. Haven't had a match without one for months.

This makes me want D/P even more... damn the fact it's so close to being released.. it'll take forever to wait -_-

Jibaku

You could have brought the Japanese version and used a translation guide, but I guess everyone prefers language than early Darkrai/Sheimis (which are pretty much the only reason I brought this game early).

I still think there are way to many Cresselia's around though lol. Haven't had a match without one for months.
And I thought Gengar was the most abused pogey on WiFi.......this is only my 3rd time I've seen Kureseria used by the opponent

Nice read.

How hard is Cresseria to locate, anyway? I want to soft reset for one with a good nature/IVs when I get the game, but if it's unbelieveably hard to locate, I might as well forget about it now.

Jibaku

Go to Full Moon Island...after you get the national Dex

Go into the forest w/ Kureseria
Save your game!!!

You use the Poketech/tchi or whatever it's called. Go into the map in the gadget (not the one in the bag). It should pinpoint the location.

Do the same thing you do with R/S/E Lati@s or FRLG beats, but you have to be wary because it's more unpredictable.

Once you get in the same area with the duck, Use (Max/Super) Repel on the Grass, with a Lv.50- Pokemon at your lead. Kureseria should appear (note: if you don't repel, you might not meet Kureseria fast enough and it will move to a different area!). Catch it!

Look at it's stats/nature/etc. If it isn't good, Soft Reset the game and you should be back to the time before you talked to the psycho swan

Nice teaser of sorts. I still prefer to use the Pokemon names instead of nicknames in war stories 99% of the time though or it gets confusing. Well written otherwise.

Matt

Maybe monads might not matter
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You definitely had a much better team, and played better too (maybe that's why you won!). He threw away Gachomp on turn one?

Still, reading a DP warstory just makes me want it even more =[

Jibaku

Lol he had to. He had nothing to switch into a CBed Megahorn.

And most of those guys aren't nicknamed btw. They're just Japanese. Only English guys are Blissey/Medicham/Quack(??)/Weavile

Jibaku

We need more Warstorys and less RMTs.
That's true, except writing warstories are a huge pain in the boots.
On the other hand, you get a glimpse into the early D/P metagame

Ah, excellent, excellent.

We really need to battle some time, even though I won't have all my good items until I get Diamond for the US release.

Very entertaining read, nicely done.

You should do some more war stories though. Reposting this one every day would still be more interesting than half the RMT threads in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)