5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Initial Frame: The frame you start on, ie the # your "Starting Frame" is after you click the Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame button.

Target Frame: The frame your target pokemon (slot/nature/ability/pid) lies on.

Ok, I think I'll go for one more try, then! Thanks!

Btw, "Roamer Released" means that I've seen the Thundurus cutscene and he is nowrunning around the region, right? It pushes my calculated Initial PIDRNG Frame from 52 to 53.

Ok, I'm opting for just a Shiny Tornadus with no concern for the IVs at this point. This means that the PID frame for the shiny must be at least 7, correct? (Starting at 1 + 6 from Champion, right?)

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ok, I'm opting for just a Shiny Tornadus with no concern for the IVs at this point. This means that the PID frame for the shiny must be at least 7, correct? (Starting at 1 + 6 from Champion, right?)
Do you mean you're trying to RNG them from the league? If you're talking about getting it from the initial encounter, the rain advances the PID frame considerably. You're looking for a minimum of 600 in that scenario.

If you haven't figured it out from that, the IVs are what's much easier in this generation.

Do you mean you're trying to RNG them from the league? During a battle, your PID frame (the one you use for shinies) advances at something like 120 fps. If you're talking about getting it from the initial encounter, the rain advances the PID frame considerably. You're looking for a minimum of 600 in that scenario.

If you haven't figured it out from that, the IVs are what's much easier in this generation.
So... I'm confusing the info on the first post? Cause from what I gathered, battling advances the frame that affects the IVs by about 120 per second, but not the PID one.

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
So... I'm confusing the info on the first post? Cause from what I gathered, battling advances the frame that affects the IVs by about 120 per second, but not the PID one.
I guess I'm confusing myself. Earlier something glitched on me on an emulator and it was quite the opposite (I've been having all kinds of weird problems on this file). After loading it up again, it is the IV frame that moves and the PID is static.

Anyway, to answer the question then, it appears you could do that except your starting frame wont be 1. It'll be based on whatever seed you're trying to get. You'll have to calculate your starting PID frame in reporter. As for what the battle does, I'll have to look and get back to you. Or someone else can jump in.

About the starting PID frame. I'm definitely missing something, since I'm dumbfounded by how the reporter does it. Does my game always start on the same PID frame? I know the PID advances from saves aren't recorded upon turning off the game, but I thought the others would.

Thanks for the help so far. Now I just need some confirmation that battling doesn't affect the PID frame.

Toast++

About the starting PID frame. I'm definitely missing something, since I'm dumbfounded by how the reporter does it. Does my game always start on the same PID frame? I know the PID advances from saves aren't recorded upon turning off the game, but I thought the others would.

Thanks for the help so far. Now I just need some confirmation that battling doesn't affect the PID frame.
Each time you start the game, the PID RNG is reseeded so any advancements wouldn't be recorded. The starting frame is dependent on the seed itself and will generally be the same per seed.

After checking the trainers, it looks like the PID RNG advances by 1 per poke at the start of the battle, then does not move. So the starting frame + 6 should be correct.

Each time you start the game, the PID RNG is reseeded so any advancements wouldn't be recorded. The starting frame is dependent on the seed itself and will generally be the same per seed.

After checking the trainers, it looks like the PID RNG advances by 1 per poke at the start of the battle, then does not move. So the starting frame + 6 should be correct.
Alright, thanks. Well, time to get Tornadus to start roaming, then quickly faint it.

hey i am trying to rng my tornadus in pokemon black with a standard seed on frame1, i have already saved inside the house with a chatot with a recorded chatter. can i use the same parameters for my pokemon white game or do i need to find them again for my black version?

Hey, I think I found one problem, but not the solution. Either I'm doing part wrong, or something is way off...

Generally, I can hit my seed easily and get the IV spread that it's supposed to, but only on the first Pokemon... If I do something to advance the PIDRNG (I listen to a recorded Chatter from Chatot), then catch the Pokemon that I'm actually going for, it doesn't have the IV spread! I mean, I hit my seed each time, but if I Chatter once since I encounter a Male Swadloon Lvl.21 in the Lostlorn Forest, I find a Female Cottonee! But the IVs are wrong... Everything else is fine...

Can anyone tell me why this happens? The PIDRNG should change the Pokemon, not the IV spread of the seed, right?

hey i am trying to rng my tornadus in pokemon black with a standard seed on frame1, i have already saved inside the house with a chatot with a recorded chatter. can i use the same parameters for my pokemon white game or do i need to find them again for my black version?
You need to recalibrate for Black.

And when searching for a seed for a Roamer make sure you change the encounter type to Roamer. Otherwise you wont even be able to attempt it.

Also take note at the first post where it lists all of the types of RNGing in order of difficulty. Roamers are at the top of the food chain so you need to know how to do most of the rest of the standard RNG (non- C Gear) before trying to attempt it.

Also your seeds for White wont work for Black.

EDIT: @ NIGHTS

Are you using an emulator or a flashcard? I have never encountered a problem where the IVs change from Chattering. And Im pretty sure there is no possible way to get that to occur.

Unless! What you are trying to say is that you start the game, encounter a Pokemon, then try to Chatter for a different one. The IV RNG advances when in battle so you need to chatter first.
OR
If you are walking to encounter a Pokemon (Instead of sweet scenting) then every 128 steps in grass, caves, water etc your IV frame will advance by the amount of Pokemon in your party.

EDIT: @ NIGHTS

Are you using an emulator or a flashcard? I have never encountered a problem where the IVs change from Chattering. And Im pretty sure there is no possible way to get that to occur.

Unless! What you are trying to say is that you start the game, encounter a Pokemon, then try to Chatter for a different one. The IV RNG advances when in battle so you need to chatter first.
OR
If you are walking to encounter a Pokemon (Instead of sweet scenting) then every 128 steps in grass, caves, water etc your IV frame will advance by the amount of Pokemon in your party.
No, this is my retail English Pokemon Black (I only have White on my flashcard, since I couldn't buy it yet).

Don't worry, I retart and hit the Seed again for each Pokemon I try and get.

I thought of that, but I always Sweet Scent (thanks DW Sunkern~) instead to refrain from advancing anything.

I started trying to get the Female Cottonee with 31/x/31/x/31/31 in Pinwheel Forest, and got the IVs on a Venipede. I tried again, and Chattered, but the Cottonee that appeared had low IVs... I figured the NPCs would be a nuisance, so I went to Lostlorn Forest and tried there, with almost identical results... I wish bearsfan would make a video specifically for Wild Encounter Pokemon rather than just Stationary Legends... Nothing I've found tell me what I did wrong, or how I should do it! ><"

Help please?

First, sorry for the double post, but I have news!

I finally managed to get my Female Timid Prankster Cottonee with 31/2/31/15/31/31 IVs!! Yay~

I am not sure how it got fixed, but I kept trying different Seeds until I recognized the starting Frame (52, it calculated 51 even with Roamer Released), and listened to 1 Chatter to test, and sure enough, I found my Starting Frame. I looked ahead and found that on Frame 72, there was a Sync-able Cottonee with my desired specs, so I Chattered 20 times and caught it. After checking the IVs, they were perfect! X3

I'm starting to think that maybe I just misread my Starting Frame from before, but I couldn't see it within +-50 of the calculated one... I dunno, but if anyone figures out what went wrong before, I could still use the solution for future RNGing!

Anyway, before I end this, I want to ask... Can you RNG Swarm Pokemon? To get my perfect competitive Whimsicott, I need the Egg Move Encore. It seemed Plusle would be best, but does anyone know a Pokemon that I can RNG in BW for Egg Move Encore? If I must, I can try and RNG in SS again, but I may have unneeded hassle there...

As usual, I appreciate the help! :3

I'm still trying for that flawless Timid Ditto and I'm hitting my seed just fine. However, I'm using a synchronizer to get the Timid nature. To my knowledge, there's a 50% chance I get the nature of the synchronizer as long as it's at the head of my party. I have my Timid Munna with Synchronize at the head of my party, I catch the Ditto, and the nature is always Rash, which is the nature on my starting frame for my encounter slot. I'm hitting the seed for IVs just fine, it's just the synchronizer doesn't seem to be working. I've caught the Ditto about 6 times straight now, not one time is it Timid. Is there something I'm missing about RNGing with sychronizers for wild Pokemon or am I just having bad luck? I've been thinking out of 6 Ditto I would have gotten a Timid one by now, but nothing. I find it odd that I've had zero success with synchronizers and it's frustrating.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
No. That shiny would give you the SID of your previous game. But you can always use pokecheck to well...check your new SID.

I'm still trying for that flawless Timid Ditto and I'm hitting my seed just fine. However, I'm using a synchronizer to get the Timid nature. To my knowledge, there's a 50% chance I get the nature of the synchronizer as long as it's at the head of my party. I have my Timid Munna with Synchronize at the head of my party, I catch the Ditto, and the nature is always Rash, which is the nature on my starting frame for my encounter slot. I'm hitting the seed for IVs just fine, it's just the synchronizer doesn't seem to be working. I've caught the Ditto about 6 times straight now, not one time is it Timid. Is there something I'm missing about RNGing with sychronizers for wild Pokemon or am I just having bad luck? I've been thinking out of 6 Ditto I would have gotten a Timid one by now, but nothing. I find it odd that I've had zero success with synchronizers and it's frustrating.
It's because you always hit the same PID Frame.

This is actually a simple fix, from what I've noticed, and I did it too. Look at the frames such as the starting one that gives you Rash. Is the Nature bolded, faded, both, or neither? Only Natures that are bolded (or faded and bolded) can be Synchronized. Non-bolded ones will always stay at that Nature no matter what.

I hope this helps! :3

This is actually a simple fix, from what I've noticed, and I did it too. Look at the frames such as the starting one that gives you Rash. Is the Nature bolded, faded, both, or neither? Only Natures that are bolded (or faded and bolded) can be Synchronized. Non-bolded ones will always stay at that Nature no matter what.

I hope this helps! :3
Hmm, didn't know this, but that makes sense. I'll have to advance the PID to a bolded one then. Thank you.

Pokecheck?
here this can help you to find your SID, there is a guide over there also.
try finding this site on google : pokecheck.org

Originally Posted by Fat Enraikou

• If you are using a flashcart (D:), you might be able to standard seed abuse as they do not run in DSi mode.
    • Extend the searching range for all of the parameter sections to find your flashcart's parameters. They will be different depending on the class of SD memory you use and the flashcart and firmware itself.
    • Asking if your card runs in DSi mode does not belong here. The answer is obvious.
ok i got it , but how i do it? it is the same way that with the original game? Im using a R4 but it dont have a clock on it like DS menu , thats why my brother has one(:P) so i can use it. For example: im looking for my DS parameters and i say i ill be loading game at 25 seconds, do i have to press on my R4 game at 25seconds or some seconds before?-im asking it because when u press on the game a black window apper saying: loading, does that can change something?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)