Mono Color (Red) TEAM

This is the first team I made without any help.
Team Overview:

Bold means someone told me to put it.
Here it is:

Smeargle (AKA: Paint)@ Focus Sash
Own Tempo
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly (+Spe -SpA)
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Spore

Smeargle is just my lead. And will be almost every time that I make a team. At the start of the battle Use Stealth Rock and Spikes. Then use spore on it so it can go to sleep and probably wont be effective anymore. Lastly switch to another pokemon if seismic toss isn't effective. Smeargle has the ability Own Tempo so swagger will help you and you wont be confused by anything. Smeargle is holding Focus Sash so it can live longer.

--------------------------------------------

Celebi @ Life Orb
Natural Cure
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid ( +Spe -Atk )
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Thunder Wave

Celebi is like a warrior. So if any pokemon in the team is dying switch to Celebi if the other pokemon is NOT ground. And if it is Fire use Celebi's Earth Power. This Celebi is Timid because it makes the speed stat higher and we clearly need speed and it decreases the attack. We don't need attack that much so that's why I picked timid and Celebi's nature. You can replace Giga Drain if you want I'm using it because I use Pokemon online and Giga Drain is very effective in Pokemon Online.
-------------------------------------------

Infernape @ Life Orb
Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 64 SpA / 192 Spe
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Stone Edge
- Flamethrower

Infernape is a Replacement for a blaziken. I'm not using Blaziken because blaziken is BANNED. Anyways, Infernape is a mixed attacker in this team. This Infernape has Life Orb because all his moves are attacks. He's NOT holdings Choice bands and stuff because he's a mixed attacker. He has Special Attacks and Physical attacks.

----------------------------------------

Heatran (AKA: Heat) @ Leftovers
Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid ( +Spe -Atk )
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Earth Power
- Heat Wave

Heatran is a Substitute pokemon in my team. Just keep using Substitute and you'll probably be fine. And you have Leftovers so you will gain a little each turn. As you can see I put Heat Wave as one of its moves I put Heat Wave instead of Fire Bast Because Fire Blast has low accuracy and low PP And Heat Wave has more accuracy and more PP than Fire Blast

---------------------------------------------

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly ( +Spe -SpA )
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Wish
- Body Slam

This Jirachi is like a stall. Just keep using Iron Head if you have nothing that's Super Effective and if you use iron it will probably flinch. This Moveset is kind of common for a Jirachi so you'll be seeing this moveset on alot of Jirachis. This moveset is hard to get on pokemon games and its because of the fire punch and ice punch. If you want it tougher on yourself you can add thunder punch.

---------------------------------------------

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Guts
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant ( +Atk -SpA )
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Bulk up
- Stone Edge

Conkeldurr is the main Attacker and the only 5th gen poke in this team. Conkeldurr is holding Flame Orb so his ability Guts Can work. Guts raises his power and makes him stronger but, you have to have a status effect to make the ability work

There needs to be more sentences in the description in order for Team Raters to give you a better rate. Otherwise, a mod will see this and lock this.

In addition to the above...

Speed Boost Blaziken is Uber in Smogon tiers, because it was deemed overpowered. That said, you realize you're running... Agility on it?

The more I read this the more I think it's a troll. But not a funny one, sadly.

There needs to be more sentences in the description in order for Team Raters to give you a better rate. Otherwise, a mod will see this and lock this.
Ok thanks for advice

In addition to the above...

Speed Boost Blaziken is Uber in Smogon tiers, because it was deemed overpowered. That said, you realize you're running... Agility on it?

The more I read this the more I think it's a troll. But not a funny one, sadly.
Ok I'll change the ability into blaze is that ok?

I would change Blaziken's Hidden Power to Grass instead of Electric. Grass can hit Water, Rock, and Ground (all your weaknesses except Flying). With the change to HP Grass, remove Agility and add Thunderpunch instead.

And I would say Conkeldurr's moveset should be:
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge
- Payback

Ok to start off with a legitamate rate your conk should not be using dynamicpunch the only one whoe should use that is no guard machamp also jirachi could do with with some utility like wish or twave. Putting two elemental punche on him is too much work.

Second it is because of these bans that we of smogon are able to build and create solid teams that rise above overpowered pokes and make real strategies. Banning allows other mons to rise up for better use. Like garchomp being banned again has allowed for a huge surge in the usage of Dnite

well you want a solution to the bans. DONT USE CHEAP POKES. there i solved all your "potential" problems. Also this isn't a stupid meta-game if you are gonna sail through life calling random stuff stupid instead of using whatcha got and dealing with it then your going to be a very sad little person

This team is probably a good team but I will probably suggest using Deoxys-D over Smeargle since it gets all the moves Sneargle probably gets but I probably think it has probably higher stats too.

Right, now that everyone's finished venting, let's go ahead and stop raging about Blaziken and Smogon. There are plenty of threads for those, instead of clogging this one.

Smeargle:
He could really use Spore. Or something. The problem is that, as he is, he's going to probably take a pretty nasty hit from whatever the opponent leads with, allowing him to, at best, set up SR (unless he's faster, in which case he might get a layer of Spikes down). Spore lets you cripple other leads when your Sash activates, and still throw SR pretty reliably.

Celebi:
Not much to say on this one. There are bigger problems to attend to.

Blaziken:
If you're looking for a rate on Smogon in the OU section, you need to change this to a new Pokemon. End of story.

Infernape was suggested. Go with it. Close Combat/Overheat (or Flare Blitz if you want to stick with pure physical) gives you a far better use of the Fire/Fight STAB. Throw on Thunderpunch or Grass Knot and you're dealing with Water types. And his analysis for 5th gen has Stone Edge/Mach Punch in the last slot.

Heatran:
You're running Timid with Earthquake. That's a no, right there. Switch that to Earth Power. Otherwise, it's usable.

Jirachi:
Another problem child. You've got Jolly with Thunderbolt. Drop Thunderbolt entirely and go with Thunderwave or Body Slam. Combined with Iron Head you'll be running one of the lovely variations of Paraflinch, which is infuriating. Fire Punch is worth keeping around, but Ice Punch should go. Replace it with Wish for better team support.

Conkeldurr:
This is the set that makes me think you're trolling, honestly.

Brick Break needs to go away. Drain Punch is plenty. Dynamic Punch needs to go as well. Oh, and ditch Substitute too. Standard Conkeldurr set should suffice.

name: Bulk Up
move 1: Bulk Up
move 2: Drain Punch
move 3: Mach Punch
move 4: Payback / Stone Edge
item: Leftovers
ability: Guts
nature: Brave / Adamant
evs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SpD
ivs: 0 Spe

If, for some reason, you're really REALLY attached to Substitute, then go with Substitute/Focus Punch/Mach Punch/Payback, and switch CB to Leftovers.

Overall:
The biggest problem with this team is that a lot of the sets just don't make much sense. And when you're putting them together they don't particularly seem to have a cohesive strategy. Think about what specifically you're trying to do strategy-wise and change your sets/Pokemon accordingly.

/facepalm. Blaziken is banned due to it's DW ability: Speed Boost. This allows Blaziken's speed to be increased one stage after every round.
Ok now I know NOT to use Blaziken.

I would change Blaziken's Hidden Power to Grass instead of Electric. Grass can hit Water, Rock, and Ground (all your weaknesses except Flying). With the change to HP Grass, remove Agility and add Thunderpunch instead.

And I would say Conkeldurr's moveset should be:
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge
- Payback
Im not sure about Mach Punch all the other moves are OK

This team is probably a good team but I will probably suggest using Deoxys-D over Smeargle since it gets all the moves Sneargle probably gets but I probably think it has probably higher stats too.
But isn't Deoxys Uber?

Ok to start off with a legitamate rate your conk should not be using dynamicpunch the only one whoe should use that is no guard machamp also jirachi could do with with some utility like wish or twave. Putting two elemental punche on him is too much work.

Second it is because of these bans that we of smogon are able to build and create solid teams that rise above overpowered pokes and make real strategies. Banning allows other mons to rise up for better use. Like garchomp being banned again has allowed for a huge surge in the usage of Dnite
Ok thanks for advice

well you want a solution to the bans. DONT USE CHEAP POKES. there i solved all your "potential" problems. Also this isn't a stupid meta-game if you are gonna sail through life calling random stuff stupid instead of using whatcha got and dealing with it then your going to be a very sad little person
Ok

Right, now that everyone's finished venting, let's go ahead and stop raging about Blaziken and Smogon. There are plenty of threads for those, instead of clogging this one.

Smeargle:
He could really use Spore. Or something. The problem is that, as he is, he's going to probably take a pretty nasty hit from whatever the opponent leads with, allowing him to, at best, set up SR (unless he's faster, in which case he might get a layer of Spikes down). Spore lets you cripple other leads when your Sash activates, and still throw SR pretty reliably.

Celebi:
Not much to say on this one. There are bigger problems to attend to.

Blaziken:
If you're looking for a rate on Smogon in the OU section, you need to change this to a new Pokemon. End of story.

Infernape was suggested. Go with it. Close Combat/Overheat (or Flare Blitz if you want to stick with pure physical) gives you a far better use of the Fire/Fight STAB. Throw on Thunderpunch or Grass Knot and you're dealing with Water types. And his analysis for 5th gen has Stone Edge/Mach Punch in the last slot.

Heatran:
You're running Timid with Earthquake. That's a no, right there. Switch that to Earth Power. Otherwise, it's usable.

Jirachi:
Another problem child. You've got Jolly with Thunderbolt. Drop Thunderbolt entirely and go with Thunderwave or Body Slam. Combined with Iron Head you'll be running one of the lovely variations of Paraflinch, which is infuriating. Fire Punch is worth keeping around, but Ice Punch should go. Replace it with Wish for better team support.

Conkeldurr:
This is the set that makes me think you're trolling, honestly.

Brick Break needs to go away. Drain Punch is plenty. Dynamic Punch needs to go as well. Oh, and ditch Substitute too. Standard Conkeldurr set should suffice.

name: Bulk Up
move 1: Bulk Up
move 2: Drain Punch
move 3: Mach Punch
move 4: Payback / Stone Edge
item: Leftovers
ability: Guts
nature: Brave / Adamant
evs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SpD
ivs: 0 Spe

If, for some reason, you're really REALLY attached to Substitute, then go with Substitute/Focus Punch/Mach Punch/Payback, and switch CB to Leftovers.

Overall:
The biggest problem with this team is that a lot of the sets just don't make much sense. And when you're putting them together they don't particularly seem to have a cohesive strategy. Think about what specifically you're trying to do strategy-wise and change your sets/Pokemon accordingly.
Ok thanks for the advice that really helped me

Why does conkeldurr have a choice band and bulk up? Replace the band with a flame orb or leftovers whatever you prefer.

Most Conkeldurrs hold Flame Orb instead of Leftovers to helps activate the Guts boost (there's no stat drop from burn due to Guts). If you want Conkeldurr to have a little more power, have him hold that instead. (He stills gains health back with Drain Punch)

oh.... your conkeldurr is choice band... I never knew. =o
Might wanna change you description to update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)