5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
what do you think you should do?

1. Expand the range of parameters
2. expand the range of the seconds, the low limit being when you select the game and the high limit being when the nintendo logo comes up.

I'm currently using RNG Reporter 9.81 beta, and I'm trying to hatch a 31/31/30/30/31/31 Modest Deino, using a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Male Adamant Gyarados and a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Female Modest Deino holding an Everstone. The problem is that I end up with a 31/31/30/31/31/31 Modest Deino.

Trying to hit seed 68ECAD47F379EB03 (July 30, 2011 at 09:08:36) on Frame 8 with a MAC address of 0016569FBC1C on an American version of White. VCount is 60, VFrame is 8, GxStat is 6, and my Timer0 is C7F. EDIT: No Keypresses.

How am I doing this wrong?

Coming back to my Tornadus issue (again...). (Using 9.81 Beta)

I just need to make sure I'm counting these frames right. I have no issue with them with stationaries. But because this is a roamer and it's a pain to beat the E4 and Champion again, I'm being more cautious. (Although timer0 will probably be an enormous pain to deal with...)

I'm using seed 05C4BCD4859C0FCA, where my TID/SID combo has a shiny PID frame on frame 51. The reporter says it's starting frame is 42. Starting at 42 + 6 from the Champion = 48. Do I need to be on frame 50 or 51 to generate the shiny Tornadus? I'm not sure if generating Tornadus advances the PID frame by anything. So, basically what I'm asking is, do I save twice or thrice before fighting the Champion?

Also, about adjacent seeds... I don't have any trouble getting them for stationary and roaming pokemon (+ or - 1 timer0 value and +/- 1 second), but I'm having trouble generating them for Wild Pokemon. Is this supposed to happen? Because I'm trying to RNG some random wild pokemon in Victory Road with no NPCs in the area, but none of the pokemon I get fit the 1 single adjacent seed I'm given. :/

what do you think you should do?

1. Expand the range of parameters
2. expand the range of the seconds, the low limit being when you select the game and the high limit being when the nintendo logo comes up.

but what are the max/min range of parameters?

Couple questions-
-When one of the keypresses is Up-Rt, what exactly does that mean?
-Is there a way to check if you hit your seed when RNGing for encounters, similar to in RNG breeding when you can fly to Victory Road, catch a Pokemon, and check its IVs?
-In Chargestone Cave, whenever I try to use Sweet Scent, it always says, "There appears to be nothing here." How am I supposed to RNG here, then?

Red

Couple questions-
-When one of the keypresses is Up-Rt, what exactly does that mean?
-Is there a way to check if you hit your seed when RNGing for encounters, similar to in RNG breeding when you can fly to Victory Road, catch a Pokemon, and check its IVs?
-In Chargestone Cave, whenever I try to use Sweet Scent, it always says, "There appears to be nothing here." How am I supposed to RNG here, then?
1.) Up + Right. Two keypresses, press and hold Directional pad up, and directional pad right together. for like 15 seconds

2.) Not that I know of, its usually just hit or miss. you can go to nimbasa city and check with the IV man in the Battle Subway, or go to Mistralton to check Hidden Power

3.) Pick a diffrent are to RNG. There may not be any pokemon in that place. Suggestion: Go to mistralton, and enter the cave on that side. there are steps leading downstairs that have no NPC's whatsoever

1.) Up + Right. Two keypresses, press and hold Directional pad up, and directional pad right together. for like 15 seconds

2.) Not that I know of, its usually just hit or miss. you can go to nimbasa city and check with the IV man in the Battle Subway, or go to Mistralton to check Hidden Power

3.) Pick a diffrent are to RNG. There may not be any pokemon in that place. Suggestion: Go to mistralton, and enter the cave on that side. there are steps leading downstairs that have no NPC's whatsoever

Thank you very much!

I have come across a problem. I found a nice 31/6/30/31/31/31 in frame 2 but when I type the seed into "Seed to Times" it appears that my IVs were not all in the "First 10". For example the one I just posted was preceded by 4 other numbers. I am using the latest software. It was working for me earlier and I don't know what I have done wrong now.
Thank you and sorry for 2 posts.

Yo, I'm teaching my friend how to abuse the standard seed for 5th gen. We're trying to find his DS parameters but we're having no success. I can't figure out his problem. Any help on this? ^^;

I walked him through a guide and made him watch bearsfan's first video. I told him to check everything, especially the MAC address. I told him to not press buttons when loading the game, not to activate C-Gear, and to use Sweet Scent asap. He catches the same IV Deino but the RNG Reporter provides "no search results." Screenshot. Hoping someone can help. :<

Yo, I'm teaching my friend how to abuse the standard seed for 5th gen. We're trying to find his DS parameters but we're having no success. I can't figure out his problem. Any help on this? ^^;

I walked him through a guide and made him watch bearsfan's first video. I told him to check everything, especially the MAC address. I told him to not press buttons when loading the game, not to activate C-Gear, and to use Sweet Scent asap. He catches the same IV Deino but the RNG Reporter provides "no search results." Screenshot. Hoping someone can help. :<
Tell him to expand the IV range by +/-2.

So i have a shiny capture spread, syncable and I've caught 4 pokemon with it already. I try it again in another area, and now the pokemon is not shiny, and it has the original nature of the spread rather than the one I attempt to sync it with, but it has the right stats and the correct encounter slot? Does anyone know what's going on?

So i have a shiny capture spread, syncable and I've caught 4 pokemon with it already. I try it again in another area, and now the pokemon is not shiny, and it has the original nature of the spread rather than the one I attempt to sync it with, but it has the right stats and the correct encounter slot? Does anyone know what's going on?
its prob NPC's,what area is it

Hey, guys! Another (noobish) question...

I'm trying to RNG for a specific Clefairy, and eventually a flawless Ditto in the Giant Chasm. Problem is, the fog fades my Sweet Scent. I brought along my Defog-wielding Vullaby, but when I check the Pokemon screen, there is no option for Defog. I've tried it in the plains area, and even on the little bridge/pier near its entrance. No go...

Anyway, a few pages back someone said the fog+SS problem was solved by Defog, but... how do I do it?

Sorry forasking something so simple probably, but thanks in advance~!

^@NiGHtsBeta09:Read the 3rd post in this thread. It explains how to get rid of weather.
also and no aswers yet.
You're using a flashcard. That's why you're getting no help. Flashcards don't all have usable parameters and the process of finding flashcard parameters is much more tedious. You're going to have to use some common sense to guide yourself.

You ask "what's the min/max of parameters?" The search range is different depending on your flashcard/firmware and I don't think there's been much (or any?) research on flashcards. You're going to have to search very large ranges for each parameter until you find a result. Then you'll have to test that result by a) using a different time; see if you get the same parameters again b) try RNGing with those parameters.

Note that RNG reporter allows 0-FFFF for each parameter. I'm not sure if each parameter can take on any value between 0-FFFF (doubt it 'cause I've never seen GxStat other than 6 or 86 and I don't think I've seen VFrames higher than 3F either. I think VCount tends to be 60 or lower and timer0 is pretty much anything. Those searches could take hours if your computer is slow. I'd say this is a decent starting point and you can expand it from there if you get no results.

Before you do that try to start your game at the same time several times and see if you can get the same Pokemon (IVs, nature, everything) each time. If you get the same Pokemon each time it means your flashcard has usable parameters.

Don't calibrate 50 times! If you do it right you will only need to calibrate 2 times. 1 to find your parameters, second to verify. After that you only need to play around with the parameter finder until you find your parameters and can verify they are correct.

I have come across a problem. I found a nice 31/6/30/31/31/31 in frame 2 but when I type the seed into "Seed to Times" it appears that my IVs were not all in the "First 10". For example the one I just posted was preceded by 4 other numbers. I am using the latest software. It was working for me earlier and I don't know what I have done wrong now.
Thank you and sorry for 2 posts.
For c-gear seed in 9.81, frame 1 is your starting point not frame 3.

EDIT: To your previous question, if you can't find it on IV frame 1-6 (or maybe frame 1-15 since you're doing c-gear) it really isn't worth all the effort. Are you sure you searched correctly? 31/HP_E/30/31/31/31 is what you should have searched for.

SO frustrated.

My starting frame is 58. My target frame is 73.

I advance 15 end up on 75. I advance 13 end up on 71. I advance 14, end up on 72. Am I just shit outta luck on this one?

resave, and it's NPCs.

Be quicker!
I resaved, and every other resave I get one of 2 results. One of them is what I posted about before, it's extremely consistent. The other one is no matter how many frames I advance, i always end up with the same pokemon. It's so strange.

I resaved, and every other resave I get one of 2 results. One of them is what I posted about before, it's extremely consistent. The other one is no matter how many frames I advance, i always end up with the same pokemon. It's so strange.

I always have the exact same problem. It helps to redo your SSF and just keep trying; I eventually get it.

Hey, guys! Another (noobish) question...

I'm trying to RNG for a specific Clefairy, and eventually a flawless Ditto in the Giant Chasm. Problem is, the fog fades my Sweet Scent. I brought along my Defog-wielding Vullaby, but when I check the Pokemon screen, there is no option for Defog. I've tried it in the plains area, and even on the little bridge/pier near its entrance. No go...

Anyway, a few pages back someone said the fog+SS problem was solved by Defog, but... how do I do it?

Sorry forasking something so simple probably, but thanks in advance~!
My question was ignored in this thread too :(

I know the answer to yours though, Advance the month by one. then battle a pokemon. The fog will have gone. Then save and put the month back, the place will be fog free for your sweet scent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)