Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Originally Posted by Fat TravelLog
Also looking for a match of my own.

Either 1v1 singles or 2v2 singles/doubles
1 Day DQ
Tournament Arena
Special Rule: I will be using a Tynamo and thus want fair match ups. For example, another tynamo/magikarp/beldum... etc. Alternatively, I might use tynamo and an FE vs. 2 Mid-Stage mons or something of that nature.
Help me evolve him.
Then jas61292 accepts...
Originally Posted by Fat jas61292
Originally Posted by Fat TravelLog
Sweet. We just need a ref.

Also, if you're into the idea, I'd like to make it so that after the initial KO, each pokemon gets brought back to life once (or twice if you want to go for more counters). At the end, the pokemon will get that many times more than normal counters.
Well, sure. My Pokemon really wants its DW ability, so more counters would be good. Thogh I have a feeling this battle could get a little boring... how about we keep it to one revival each?
So I'll ref! Each trainer should send up to 3 Pokes via PM to me, although they will be using only one in the battle (twice!).

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Looking for a leisurely battle that will occupy my time for a while.

3v3 Evolution-Capable Singles
2 Day Disqualify
∞ Recovers / ∞ Chills
Switching is permitted.

Bring four Pokémon. Once you've used three of them in battle, the remaining Pokémon must sit out for the rest of the match. You don't select which one sits out until the moment you send out your third Pokémon.

Pinnicle Ruins
Sized for - 3 Pokémon per side. (Large)
Water Depth - Shallow (Surf, Muddy Water, and Dive can be used by drawing on the water source. Small Pokémon can submerge themselves, larger Pokémon can simply wade through the water with little difficulty.)
Seismic Activity - Allowed (The arena is sufficiently far from unprotected structures, or is properly insulated against this sort of punishment. Earthquake, Magnitude, Fissure, and Dig are permitted.)

A ruined complex from a bygone age, these crumbling pillars and walls bask in the high-altitute sunlight. The air is fridgid in this altitutes, but the sun alleviates this.

Pinnicle Ruins has the following traits:
  • The long trek up to reach this arena takes its toll on even the hardiest traveler - both players' lead Pokémon (or only Pokémon as the case may be) have one less rank in Attack and Special Attack for the first three rounds of battle.
  • Weather affinity (Sun) and Weather affinity (Hail). The appropriate weathers last an additional two (2) rounds.
  • Seismic attacks, while not forbidden, are hazardous. Each time one is used, the user risks a 10% chance that a nearby pillar or old wall will crumple onto them; dealing damage as a R5 user of non-STAB Rock Slide.
Dropping my match against LouisCyphre to take you up on this Darth Vader
The usual.
1 Ability
No switch or items

I will also use a midstage/FE pokemon
Well then, this is open again.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Challenging Destiny_Warrior so that he can get easy tokens by exploiting beginners.

Format: 3v3 Triples, Postition doesn't matter
DQ: 2 Day (2 for ref)
Restricted Moves: 2 Recovers/5 Chills
Arena: Leethoof's Alphabet Soup

Leethoof said:
The battlers are on a solid platform in the middle of a giant bowl filled with delicous broth. No move restrictions at all, because you can safely go seismetoad on the platform and there is plenty of broth to swampert your enemies with. In the soup, there is one of each letter unown floating in around aimlessly. They are all close enough to pick up, and a battler may use one action each round (they can't just use three unowns) to use any move that begins with that letter. Once an unown is used, it cannot be used again.
Accepting
Switch = LOL
Items = NO
Abiltiies = All
Need a ref for this!

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
2v2 Singles
DQ: 2 days, 3 days for ref
Pokemon I'll be using: Electabuzz and Bolderdash
Special Policy: This match will always result in a Tie no matter what
Arena: An Aquarium

There are fishies in tanks everywhere. No, no petting area, sorry. Any move is allowed. Moves that have potential to break these glass tanks, such as Earthquake, Hyper Beam misses, and a Brick Break specifically targeted on the glass, WILL break the glass and flood the arena with dangerous fishies that you can't kill! There are five (5) glass tanks. Using AoE moves like Earthquake will need 2 hits to destroy all tanks. A single target move like Hyper Beam and Brick Break require 1 hit to destroy a tank. What are inside the tanks anyway? They are:

Piranha (1 tank destroyed): Deals 3 damage to each Pokemon per round.
Electric Eel (2 tanks destroyed): Deals 6 damage to each Pokemon per round and has a 20% chance to paralyze (10%) them (check for both Pokemon, doesn't matter if it's a Ground-type or has Limber).
Giant Squid (3 tanks destroyed): Deals 9 damage to each Pokemon per round and has a 20% chance to toxic poison them (^ except for Immunity).
Sperm Whale (4 tanks destroyed): Deals 12 damage to each Pokemon per round and has a 20% chance to freeze them (1 action).
Great White Shark (5 tanks destroyed): Deals 15 damage to each Pokemon per round.

And yes, they will all be active at the same time if they're all unleashed! If they manage to KO a Pokemon, the KOC goes to the opponent.
I am a little scared of the fishes but what the hell and I'll bring my own Electabuzz, I think we "caught" them at the same time.

No items
All abilities
Switch nope
Still looking for a ref. It won't be that hard to ref, I promise!

Man, I can't accept anymore reffings atm - I'm getting sluggish. :(

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hmmmm...Leethoof needs to get his newest Shieldons up to par with his other ones.

2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ
Arena: Roleplaying training grounds - A very high tech arena which can transform to anything the ref wants, to encourage awesome battling. As this is a roleplaying training grounds, each trainer must order at least one roleplaying command/action each round, or use a move in a creative way. If the ref determines the moves use not creative enough, then one random action will fail for that trainer.

Also, will have to wait on prize claiming to start the battle.
Accepting.
Switching is allowed if you somehow trick the ref into allowing it, Items are not (though I suppose you can take an action to summon or create an item from the arena if you so choose :P), all Abilities, etc etc
I will be using NFEs but you're using Shieldons so I don't think there will be a problem.

EDIT: Infinite anythings. (chills, recoveries, etc)
Still need a ref for this.

i feel like doing a team battle :) those are always fun!

2+2vs2+2 singles (each trainer will have only one pokemon out at a time)
DQ is 1 day for battlers/ 3 days for ref
0 recoveries/5 chills
Arena: the arena will be up to the ref :)

if i remember correctly, the first acceptor says if switch is on or off
second acceptor says if items are allowed
and the final acceptor declares how many abilities can be used (or if abilities are banned)

i hope i get some people interested! :)

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

0 recoveries/5 chills

and the final acceptor declares how many abilities can be used (or if abilities are banned)

I'd almost drop my existing challenge for this, but it would have to be for an earlier level of play. I'll wait and see who's interested.

0 recoveries/5 chills

I'll join Glacier and all abilities

Open Challenge
2v2 Doubles
3 Day DQ
Arena: A savanna watering hole. The water reaches 5 feet deep, but is much shallower near the edges. There are no move restrictions.

I'll be using midstage/fully evolved pokemon.
Dropping my match against LouisCyphre to take you up on this Darth Vader
The usual.
1 Ability
No switch or items

I will also use a midstage/FE pokemon
Looking for a ref for this.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
OPEN CHALLENGE

2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ Time
2 Recoveries, 5 Chills per Pokemon
NFE Mons only
Arena: Celestial Tower Top

Just a small circular arena with a bell. Beware the occasional Elgyem & Litwick which may intervene with the battle, however.

OPEN CHALLENGE

2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ Time
2 Recoveries, 5 Chills per Pokemon
NFE Mons only
Arena: Celestial Tower Top

Just a small circular arena with a bell. Beware the occasional Elgyem & Litwick which may intervene with the battle, however.
I'll take ya' on Random! :D

Switch=lol
Items=None
Abilities=All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)