General Metagame Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think something needs to be done with the quality of the Ubers players(AGAIN). As you can see, Charizard, one of the most infamous Pokemon when it comes to noob players, is ranked at #37. This is HIGHER than actual Pokemon who don't suck in ubers, such as Tentacruel, Wobbuffet, Hydreigon, Terrakion, Latios, Gastrodon, Arceus-Fighting, Mew, and Latias. wtf?

Charizard is rather terrible in Ubers due to being badly SR weak, not to mention Ho-oh is like leagues better. Yet, when you see him outclassing one of the best checks to Kyogre(Gastrodon), something must be very wrong. Just my 2 cents though.

I think something needs to be done with the quality of the Ubers players(AGAIN). As you can see, Charizard, one of the most infamous Pokemon when it comes to noob players, is ranked at #37. This is HIGHER than actual Pokemon who don't suck in ubers, such as Tentacruel, Wobbuffet, Hydreigon, Terrakion, Latios, Gastrodon, Arceus-Fighting, Mew, and Latias. wtf?

Charizard is rather terrible in Ubers due to being badly SR weak, not to mention Ho-oh is like leagues better. Yet, when you see him outclassing one of the best checks to Kyogre(Gastrodon), something must be very wrong. Just my 2 cents though.
It's nice to see PO players getting annoyed by Uber-noobs too, especially the mono-Fire Charizards (or maybe they have Giga Impact, Hyper Beam, AND Blast Burn all on one moveset).

It's nice to see PO players getting annoyed by Uber-noobs too, especially the mono-Fire Charizards (or maybe they have Giga Impact, Hyper Beam, AND Blast Burn all on one moveset).
I was speaking about the usage stats on Smogon(you can find them on the DST main board, it's stickied).

I thought it was fine outclassing Hydreigon, but when its outclassing actual options like Gastrodon, Latios and Terrakion, you know something is really wrong.

I was speaking about the usage stats on Smogon(you can find them on the DST main board, it's stickied).

I thought it was fine outclassing Hydreigon, but when its outclassing actual options like Gastrodon, Latios and Terrakion, you know something is really wrong.
I was under the impression that Shoddybattle or whatever has been abandoned? Those stats are from PO, and battling on it would make you, well, a PO-player.

And noobs would only probably think of using Terrakion (badly, I might add) out of those, since it's a recent, new "legendary".

Oh. I thought you meant the PO beta server. My bad.

Terrakion is actually not half bad, with the speed to outrun most non-scarf'd ubers, outspeeds every single uber-mon after a Rock Polish(except for maybe Scarf Deo-A, Mewtwo and Skymin, I can't remember), while having excellent power in the meantime.

Heck, there's even a Terrakion analysis for Ubers:http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80117

I'd hardly call it noob at all to say the least: Charizard is probably the noob one, it's hard to even run a decent set with Kyogres running about everywhere and Ho-oh generally outclasses it.

Oh. I thought you meant the PO beta server. My bad.

Terrakion is actually not half bad, with the speed to outrun most non-scarf'd ubers, outspeeds every single uber-mon after a Rock Polish(except for maybe Scarf Deo-A, Mewtwo and Skymin, I can't remember), while having excellent power in the meantime.

Heck, there's even a Terrakion analysis for Ubers:http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80117

I'd hardly call it noob at all to say the least: Charizard is probably the noob one, it's hard to even run a decent set with Kyogres running about everywhere and Ho-oh generally outclasses it.
Sorry for being a bit unclear, I meant the only reason a noob (A user of Charizard/Venusaur/Blastoise/Pika/Snorlax/etc.) would pick an actual good Pokémon is because it's "legendary", which is all they care about.

I haven't seen any Charizards in my Uber battles, so maybe they're getting better about it.

What are the best ways for sun teams to deal with Giratina and especially Lugia? I'm having problems with them.

Forretress is somewhat common as a suicide lead in my PO battles (DW Ubers), and Ghost Arceus seems to be the most popular form.

For some reason, DW Ubers doesn't seem to have team previews, so it's more like the 4th gen. . .

Sorry for being a bit unclear, I meant the only reason a noob (A user of Charizard/Venusaur/Blastoise/Pika/Snorlax/etc.) would pick an actual good Pokémon is because it's "legendary", which is all they care about.
A few months ago Zekrom was the victim of this BS: it was 4th in usage on the PO server but the top 10 sets are all troll sets. Things like lolFly. :/

Okay, I'm running a Sun Uber team, and I'm having significant Mewtwo and Arceus problems (mainly Ghost and Normal Extremespeed kinds). What are some good ways to fight them?

I'm guessing Giratina for normal Arceus, but not for the Ghost variety. I really can't think of anything for Mewtwo (not even Chansey because of Psystrike). Please help.

The best way of beating Mewtwo imo is to use scarfers such as Kyogre to quickly kill it with Water Spout before it destroys you. If its running a scarf, that's where all the BS starts since you need loljask/lolScarfDeo-A to kill it now and it has the option of tricking away the scarf to something you don't really want it on(cripple it).

If you are truly that desperate, maybe try running CB Sheddy. Sure, Mewtwo can run Fire Blast, but it wants Ice Beam's coverage and the power offered by Psystrike. I guess Aura Sphere's replaceable though...

The best way of beating Mewtwo imo is to use scarfers such as Kyogre to quickly kill it with Water Spout before it destroys you. If its running a scarf, that's where all the BS starts since you need loljask/lolScarfDeo-A to kill it now and it has the option of tricking away the scarf to something you don't really want it on(cripple it).

If you are truly that desperate, maybe try running CB Sheddy. Sure, Mewtwo can run Fire Blast, but it wants Ice Beam's coverage and the power offered by Psystrike. I guess Aura Sphere's replaceable though...

The Mewtwo I fight on PO tend to use Psystrike, Ice Beam, and Flamethrower, so Shedinja's probably out of luck.

Kyogre may clash too much with my Sun team, but it may be worth an experiment.

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
If it's raining jirachi roflstomps it and can paralyze + HAX, making mewtwo useless or use dual screens for teh lols and scare mewtwo out of his cat suit. Arceus-psychic trolls every mewtwo not running shadow ball even those running fire blast in the sun but who ever uses that. Scarf mewtwo gets trolled even further by their existence lol since it can't cm up.

Another think to keep in mind is that CM LO Mewtwo absoultely cannot stand being poisoned. Toxic Spikes from Forretress, random Toxics from things like Ferrothorn, Blissey, etc, all make it far more easy to deal with. Stall teams don't really need a scarfer to to handle it, although I've seen some stall teams that still run Scarf Palkia because it's just such a good glue. On that note here's an interesting set I've enjoyed using. It fits very well on stall teams that can get SR and 3 layers of Spikes down.

Palkia @ Leftovers
Pressure
Jolly 252/0/0/0/4/252
- Dragon Tail
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

A much more reliable check to Specs Kyogre, and it can phaze out a pretty large portion of the metagame before they can move 2 times out of 3. The hazard damage it can rack up can be brutal if you get a little lucky.

EDIT: I said check not counter -.-

Choice Specs Kyogre Thunder on your Palkia = 53.1% - 62.8% guaranteed 2HKO while Dragon Tail tickles Kyogre. Doesn't look like a good counter to me, sure you can come in on Water Spout but so can Scarf Palkia. Palkia is better off with Wish Support since Rest is pretty useless on Palkia.

Also you need Sleep Talk to select Roar or Dragon Tail to phaze Kyogre out before it kills you. Calm nature Grass Arceus with Calm Mind is a better counter for Specs Kyogre. Gastrodon is actually the best but it sucks against most Ubers.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, not only am I running Latias, I'm also running Rotom-C for my team now. Apart from Kyogre and a certain other favourite Pokemon of mine (who is also Toxic Spikes immune), my whole team floats just because of how prevalent Spikes are. Ferrothorn is such a piece of shit, I can't wait for Shadow Tag Chandelure to put thing in its place.

Apart from Kyogre and a certain other favourite Pokemon of mine (who is also Toxic Spikes immune),
Ferrothorn?

Actually I just wanted to say that all teams without a spiker and a ghost are such an easy win before the game even starts... The only thing that really can threaten Ferrothorn teams is Forretress (and maybe Manaphy/Magic Bounce/Taunt Heatran/Gliscor/Dual Screen(anything else??) but I haven't run into any of them) and even then if you use your phazing moves smart he is not really a problem

and guys please don't use a mixed giratina-o without dragon tail, please

Celestavian

Smooth
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I honestly don't think a spiker and ghost pair are as important as it's made out to be. Entry hazards are nice, but I'd rather use those turns to get three Calm Minds rather than three layers of Spikes. The former on something like Ghost-Arceus or Mewtwo is a veritable win condition, but the latter isn't. I see no-hazards teams all the time, and I honestly fear those more because the stacked offense is too powerful for me to handle.

I also have a question to pose to the thread to get the ball rolling again: How important is a Steel-type in this metagame? Is it a requirement, or a bonus for teams to have?

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, I'm running a Sun Uber team, and I'm having significant Mewtwo and Arceus problems (mainly Ghost and Normal Extremespeed kinds). What are some good ways to fight them?

I'm guessing Giratina for normal Arceus, but not for the Ghost variety. I really can't think of anything for Mewtwo (not even Chansey because of Psystrike). Please help.
psychic arceus / sp.def jirachi check mewtwo. skarm covers non overheat arceus, scarf terrakion does good against normal arceus, as does lugia. ghost arceus is trickier but skarm is usually good, if it's cm arceus sp.def cb ttar does great, most darkrai checks all forms of ghost arceus provided it doesn't switch into brick break.

Has anyone else noticed how amazingly shedninja works in ubers with the lack of damaging weather compared to OU and the fact that it completely walls things like kyogre?

Shedinja still is bad lol. SR kills you, Spikes kills you, Toxic Spikes kills you, basically everything can take a +2 hit, and Ferrothorn kills you when you attack it.

you don't need 3 layers of spikes, I'd rather get one and use those two turn to spam other moves. one spikes combined with stealth rock is usually 25% on the switch, and gives you a very nice advantage. ofc if you can get all three go for them. Arceus is usually easily dealt with unless it is some steel arceus with fire blast or some gimmick like that while every team is prepared for mewtwo. Anyway IMO the best check to Mewtwo is scarf Kyogre as it can actually switch in on anything and OHKO. Psychic Arceus is very situational (compare to ground arceus, anyone?).

Running for as much layers as possible is the goal of stall teams...

Scarfogre is dented badly by Psystrike and Scarf Mewtwo wins Scarf Kyogre.

Sheddy is ok at best but it requires far too much support to work, you need to run Forretress or Espeon if you really want to use Shedinja; I'd rather go with Gastrodon for trolling Kyogre.

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
I did some really odd testing and apparently ive found the old school stall 2 to be a very nice mewtwo counter ironically. Scarfed ones lack the raw power it takes to dent him, cm ones are tauned and dont pose a big threat unless their firing sun boosted fire blasts, light screen makes both of the mewtwo's attacks in the range where they can be recovered off. This guy is also not situational being able to burn scarf ogre on the switch in and recover off the damage its spouts do behind a light screen is amazing.

Palkia @ Leftovers
Pressure
Jolly 252/0/0/0/4/252
- Dragon Tail
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
I tested this out because i was in need for just a basic general kyogre counter, and it actually works very well. I shifted some evs from speed into sp def to outspeed max speed ray (since well the most common base speed 100 is palkia whose normally scarfed and im not outspeeding that) and the added special bulk makes him able to have a pretty decent chance of surviving 2 timid specs thunders. Not to mention modest specs spout fails to 2hko 100% of the time with rocks and a layer of spikes up. Here's a log of palkia and that stall 2 working.

Battle between [D_P]D_P and poloppolop started!

Tier: Standard Ubers
Variation: +19, -13
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

poloppolop sent out Mewtwo!
[D_P]D_P sent out Jirachi!
Mewtwo is exerting its Pressure!

Start of turn 1
Mewtwo used Taunt!
The foe's Jirachi fell for the taunt!

The foe's Jirachi can't use Thunder Wave after the taunt!

Start of turn 2
Mewtwo used Will-O-Wisp!
The foe's Jirachi was burned!

The foe's Jirachi used Iron Head!
Mewtwo lost 51 HP! (12% of its health)

Mewtwo restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
The foe's Jirachi is hurt by its burn!

Start of turn 3
[D_P]D_P called Jirachi back!
[D_P]D_P sent out Kyogre!

The foe's Kyogre's Drizzle made it rain!
Mewtwo used Light Screen!
Light Screen raised poloppolop's team special defense!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 4
Mewtwo used Will-O-Wisp!
The foe's Kyogre was burned!

The foe's Kyogre used Scald!
Mewtwo lost 87 HP! (20% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Kyogre is hurt by its burn!

Start of turn 5
Mewtwo used Taunt!
The foe's Kyogre fell for the taunt!

Mewtwo lost 94 HP! (22% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Kyogre restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 6
poloppolop called Mewtwo back!
poloppolop sent out Dialga!

Dialga is exerting its Pressure!
It's not very effective...
Dialga lost 42 HP! (12% of its health)
Dialga was burned!

Rain continues to fall!
Dialga is hurt by its burn!

Start of turn 7
[D_P]D_P called Kyogre back!

Dialga used Draco Meteor!
The foe's Jirachi lost 43% of its health!
Dialga's Sp. Att. sharply fell!

Poloppolop's light screen wore off!
Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Jirachi restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 8
poloppolop called Dialga back!
poloppolop sent out Ferrothorn!

The foe's Jirachi used Wish!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 9
The foe's Jirachi used Iron Head!
Ferrothorn lost 18 HP! (5% of its health)
Ferrothorn's Iron Barbs hurts the foe's Jirachi

Ferrothorn used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of [D_P]D_P's team!

Jirachi's wish came true!
Rain continues to fall!
Ferrothorn restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 10
[D_P]D_P called Jirachi back!
[D_P]D_P sent out Giratina-O!

Ferrothorn used Leech Seed!
The foe's Giratina-O was seeded!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Giratina-O's health is sapped by leech seed.

Start of turn 11
Ferrothorn used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of [D_P]D_P's team!

The foe's Giratina-O used Dragon Tail!
Ferrothorn lost 51 HP! (14% of its health)
Ferrothorn's Iron Barbs hurts the foe's Giratina-O
Wobbuffet was dragged out!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 12
Wobbuffet used Encore!
The foe's Giratina-O received an encore!

Wobbuffet lost 154 HP! (29% of its health)
Dialga was dragged out!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 13
[D_P]D_P called Giratina-O back!
The foe's Jirachi is hurt by spikes!

Dialga used Thunder!
The foe's Jirachi lost 44% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Jirachi fainted!
[D_P]D_P sent out Latias!

Start of turn 14
poloppolop called Dialga back!

The foe's Latias used Calm Mind!
The foe's Latias's Sp. Att. rose!
The foe's Latias's Sp. Def. rose!

Rain continues to fall!
poloppolop: whats that latias holding?

Start of turn 15
The foe's Latias used Dragon Pulse!
A critical hit!
Ferrothorn lost 110 HP! (31% of its health)

The foe's Latias was seeded!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Latias's health is sapped by leech seed.

Start of turn 16
[D_P]D_P called Latias back!
[D_P]D_P sent out Skarmory!

Ferrothorn used Power Whip!
The foe's Skarmory lost 5% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Skarmory restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 17
poloppolop called Ferrothorn back!
poloppolop sent out Mewtwo!

Mewtwo is exerting its Pressure!
The foe's Skarmory used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around poloppolop's team!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 18
[D_P]D_P called Skarmory back!

Mewtwo used Taunt!
The foe's Giratina-O fell for the taunt!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 19
The foe's Giratina-O used Shadow Sneak!
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Mewtwo lost 339 HP! (81% of its health)
Mewtwo fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
poloppolop sent out Dialga!
Pointed stones dug into Dialga!

Start of turn 20

The foe's Skarmory lost 87% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 21
[D_P]D_P sent out Dialga!
The foe's Dialga is hurt by spikes!

The foe's Dialga is exerting its Pressure!
The foe's Dialga lost 62% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 22
The foe's Dialga used Fire Blast!
Dialga lost 64 HP! (18% of its health)

The foe's Dialga lost 20% of its health!
The foe's Dialga fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
Dialga fainted!
poloppolop sent out Groudon!
Pointed stones dug into Groudon!

Groudon's Drought intensified the sun's rays!

Start of turn 23
The foe's Giratina-O used Draco Meteor!
Groudon lost 222 HP! (54% of its health)
The foe's Giratina-O's Sp. Att. sharply fell!

Groudon used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around [D_P]D_P's team!

The sunlight is strong!
Groudon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 24
Groudon lost 96 HP! (23% of its health)
Pointed stones dug into Ferrothorn!
Ferrothorn was dragged out!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 25
Ferrothorn used Protect!
Ferrothorn protected itself!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 26
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Kyogre!
The foe's Kyogre is hurt by spikes!

The foe's Kyogre was seeded!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Kyogre's health is sapped by leech seed.

Start of turn 27
The foe's Kyogre used Rest!
The foe's Kyogre went to sleep and became healthy!

The attack of Ferrothorn missed!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 28
The foe's Kyogre is fast asleep!
The foe's Kyogre used Sleep Talk!
But it failed!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 29
Ferrothorn lost 61 HP! (17% of its health)
Ferrothorn was burned!

It's super effective!
The foe's Kyogre lost 27% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!
Ferrothorn is hurt by its burn!

Start of turn 30
poloppolop sent out Palkia!
Pointed stones dug into Palkia!

Palkia is exerting its Pressure!
The foe's Kyogre woke up!
The foe's Kyogre went to sleep and became healthy!

Rain continues to fall!
Palkia restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 31
But it failed!

Palkia used Dragon Tail!
The foe's Kyogre lost 14% of its health!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Latias!
The foe's Latias was dragged out!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Latias restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 32
poloppolop called Palkia back!

Ferrothorn lost 37 HP! (10% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 33
[D_P]D_P called Latias back!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Skarmory!

Rain continues to fall!
poloppolop: my luck XD

Start of turn 34

The foe's Skarmory used Roost!
The foe's Skarmory landed on the ground!
The foe's Skarmory regained health!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 35
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Giratina-O!

Palkia used Dragon Tail!
It's super effective!
The foe's Giratina-O lost 32% of its health!
The foe's Skarmory was dragged out!

Rain continues to fall!
poloppolop: also d_p you someone ele's alt?
poloppolop: *else's

Start of turn 36
The foe's Skarmory used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of poloppolop's team!

Palkia used Dragon Tail!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Giratina-O!
The foe's Giratina-O fainted!
The foe's Giratina-O was dragged out!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 37
[D_P]D_P: alt?

Palkia used Dragon Tail!

Rain continues to fall!
poloppolop: yes
[D_P]D_P: what's that?

Start of turn 38
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Palkia lost 374 HP! (97% of its health)

Palkia used Dragon Tail!
It's super effective!
The foe's Latias lost 44% of its health!
poloppolop: like you use someone else a majority of the time
The foe's Kyogre was dragged out!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 39
Palkia used Rest!
Palkia went to sleep and became healthy!

Palkia lost 41 HP! (10% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
[D_P]D_P: it's my ladderaccount
poloppolop: :O

Start of turn 40
Palkia is fast asleep!
Palkia used Sleep Talk!
Palkia used Rest!
But it failed!

Rain continues to fall!
poloppolop: sorry ignore my comment then
poloppolop: i thought you were a guy named shrang for a moment

Start of turn 41
Palkia is fast asleep!
Palkia used Sleep Talk!
Palkia used Dragon Tail!
The foe's Kyogre lost 13% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!
Yamata no Orochi is watching the battle.
[D_P]D_P: no

Start of turn 42
The foe's Latias used Roost!
The foe's Latias landed on the ground!
The foe's Latias regained health!

Palkia woke up!
Palkia used Dragon Tail!
It's super effective!
poloppolop: hi yamato no orochi
The foe's Latias lost 43% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!
Yamata no Orochi: Polop you were in Uber tier with Necro right?
poloppolop: yes was that pkgaming?
poloppolop: i wasnt sure
Yamata no Orochi: Nah

Start of turn 43

Palkia used Dragon Tail!
Yamata no Orochi: Sorry for the false alarm
The foe's Kyogre lost 14% of its health!
The foe's Skarmory was dragged out!

Rain continues to fall!
Yamata no Orochi: I didn't see what tier you were playing
poloppolop: its ok
poloppolop: feel free to drop in at random battles

Start of turn 44

Palkia used Dragon Tail!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 45
It's super effective!
Palkia lost 192 HP! (50% of its health)

Palkia used Dragon Tail!
It's super effective!
The foe's Latias lost 30% of its health!
The foe's Latias fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Kyogre fainted!

Yamata no Orochi stopped watching the battle.

Start of turn 46
poloppolop called Palkia back!
poloppolop sent out Groudon!
Pointed stones dug into Groudon!
Groudon is hurt by spikes!
Groudon fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
Ferrothorn is hurt by spikes!

Start of turn 47
The foe's Skarmory was seeded!

The foe's Skarmory used Whirlwind!
Pointed stones dug into Wobbuffet!
Wobbuffet is hurt by spikes!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Skarmory's health is sapped by leech seed.
Wobbuffet restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 48
Wobbuffet used Encore!
The foe's Skarmory received an encore!

Palkia is hurt by spikes!
Palkia was dragged out!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 49
Palkia used Rest!
Palkia went to sleep and became healthy!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 50
Ferrothorn used Protect!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Skarmory's Encore ended!

Start of turn 51

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 52
Wobbuffet used Encore!
The foe's Skarmory received an encore!

Palkia was dragged out!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 53
Palkia is fast asleep!
Palkia used Sleep Talk!
Palkia used Roar!
But it failed!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 54
Wobbuffet used Encore!
But it failed!

Palkia was dragged out!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Skarmory's Encore ended!

Start of turn 55
Palkia is fast asleep!
Palkia used Sleep Talk!
Palkia used Dragon Tail!
A critical hit!
The foe's Skarmory lost 12% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 56
Palkia is fast asleep!
Palkia used Sleep Talk!
Palkia used Roar!
But it failed!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 57

Palkia woke up!
Palkia used Dragon Tail!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 58
Palkia used Dragon Tail!
The foe's Skarmory lost 6% of its health!

Ferrothorn fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
poloppolop sent out Wobbuffet!
Wobbuffet fainted!

Skarm does around 40 + turns of pp stall so im not including that to now bore anyone

Sheddy is ok at best but it requires far too much support to work, you need to run Forretress or Espeon if you really want to use Shedinja; I'd rather go with Gastrodon for trolling Kyogre.
UM you could opt for the item which makes you immune to spikes and toxic spikes which i will not name in fear of this part of the post being removed. If those weaknesses were removed it doesn't require nearly as much support to use. I do have quite a few logs of a team that actually works with it. I'll provide one log of it working, but i have removed mentions of my opponents name in case he doesn't want it seen.

[beware this is a troll <.<, not meant to be taken intentionally by anyone, nor used as a standard for competetive battling]

Tier: Standard Ubers
Variation: +17, -15
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

***: hi hugen =)
standardtroll: im NOT HUGEN
standardtroll: im someone else
***: Oo"
***: u is Hugen

standardtroll sent out Dialga!
*** sent out Dialga!

Start of turn 1
The foe's Dialga lost 93% of its health!

standardtroll: besides
Dialga lost 126 HP! (36% of its health)

The foe's Dialga restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 2
*** called Dialga back!
*** sent out Nattorei! (Ferrothorn)

The foe's Nattorei lost 20% of its health!

The foe's Nattorei restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 3
standardtroll called Dialga back!
standardtroll sent out Xatu!

*** called Nattorei back!
*** sent out Dialga!

Blue_Star is watching the battle.
Chabarator [TEST] is watching the battle.

Start of turn 4
Xatu used Light Screen!
Light Screen raised standardtroll's team special defense!

The attack of the foe's Dialga missed!

standardtroll: SO IM NOT HUGENDUGEN

Start of turn 5
Xatu used Night Shade!
The foe's Dialga lost 24% of its health!

Xatu lost 102 HP! (30% of its health)

Start of turn 6
*** called Dialga back!
*** sent out Arceus-Groun! (Arceus-Ground)

Xatu used Night Shade!
Blue_Star: lol
The foe's Arceus-Groun lost 22% of its health!

Start of turn 7
standardtroll called Xatu back!
standardtroll sent out Lugia!

Lugia is exerting its Pressure!
The foe's Arceus-Groun used Swords Dance!
The foe's Arceus-Groun's Attack sharply rose!

Blue_Star: lugia + xatu is so redundant....

Start of turn 8
*** called Arceus-Groun back!
*** sent out Dialga!

standardtroll called Lugia back!

standardtroll: eh idk groudon wasnt working for an extremekiller check for me
standardtroll: so i had to rely on that fat bird
Blue_Star: giratina is better

Start of turn 9
*** called Dialga back!
*** sent out Kyogre!

Dialga used Dragon Pulse!
The foe's Kyogre lost 68% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 10
*** called Kyogre back!

standardtroll sent out Shedinja!

Shedinja is floating on a balloon!
Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 11
standardtroll called Shedinja back!

The foe's Nattorei used Leech Seed!
The foe's Nattorei's Leech Seed was bounced back by Magic Mirror!
It doesn't affect the foe's Nattorei...

Standardtroll's light screen wore off!
Rain continues to fall!
Chabarator [TEST]: use max defensive with Hammer arm and the Exactlly EVs to 2HKO it
Blue_Star: balloon wtf
standardtroll: for them spikes

Start of turn 12
*** sent out Kyogre!

Xatu used Light Screen!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 13
standardtroll sent out Shedinja!

Shedinja is floating on a balloon!
The foe's Kyogre used Surf!
Shedinja's Wonder Guard evades the attack!

Rain continues to fall!
Chabarator [TEST]: who the fuck use Spikes over SR? O_o

Start of turn 14
*** called Kyogre back!

Shedinja used Will-O-Wisp!
The attack of Shedinja missed!

Rain continues to fall!
Blue_Star: porra marcelão tu vai perder pra um cara q usa shedinja u.u
standardtroll: a lot of people actrually
standardtroll: question them

Start of turn 15
standardtroll called Shedinja back!

The foe's Nattorei used Protect!
But it failed!

Rain continues to fall!
Chabarator [TEST]: lol
***: ele é retardado
***: rs

Start of turn 16

Xatu used Roost!
Xatu landed on the ground!
Xatu regained health!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 17
*** sent out Dialga!

Xatu used Reflect!
Reflect raised standardtroll's team defense!

Rain continues to fall!
Blue_Star: então ganha de 7-0 dele
Blue_Star: :l
Chabarator [TEST]: ele usa Dialga pra Arceus, rs
***: ele me irritou e tirou concentração no começo da battle
***: meu time ta ruim
***: rsrs
Blue_Star: tambem, com um nome desse
Blue_Star: ashuahsuhaus
***: nesse momento
***: e tipo
***: ele jogou o Dialga no meu Arceus-Ground
***: isso nem faz sentido
***: Oo"
Blue_Star: ?_?
Chabarator [TEST]: LOL

Start of turn 18
*** called Dialga back!

Xatu used Night Shade!
The foe's Arceus-Groun lost 22% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!
Chabarator [TEST]: mas que poke tinha antes?
standardtroll: *** you speak portuguesse?
Chabarator [TEST]: ou foi pra dar revenge kill?
Chabarator [TEST]: >_>
***: nah, i can't speak portuguese

Start of turn 19

The foe's Arceus-Groun used Recover!
The foe's Arceus-Groun regained health!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 20
*** sent out Dialga!

Lugia used Toxic!
But it failed!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 21

The foe's Dialga used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around standardtroll's team!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 22
*** called Dialga back!

Dialga used Fire Blast!
It's super effective!
The foe's Nattorei lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Nattorei fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
Blue_Star: specs
*** sent out Kyogre!

Blue_Star: nossa
Chabarator [TEST]: marcelo, se foder e_e

Start of turn 23
standardtroll sent out Chansey!
Pointed stones dug into Chansey!

Chansey lost 207 HP! (32% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
standardtroll: you and your specs <.<

Start of turn 24
*** called Kyogre back!
*** sent out Dialga!

Chansey used Softboiled!
Chansey regained health!
Chabarator [TEST]: specs? :o

Standardtroll's reflect wore off!
Rain continues to fall!
standardtroll: obviously

Start of turn 25
Chansey used Seismic Toss!
The foe's Dialga lost 24% of its health!

The foe's Dialga used Roar!
Pointed stones dug into Xatu!
Xatu was dragged out!

Rain continues to fall!
Chabarator [TEST]: ou nature + sp atk? lol
***: perdi já
Blue_Star: fu
***: não era pra deixar o Nattorei morrer

Start of turn 26
*** called Dialga back!

Xatu used Light Screen!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 27

Xatu used Reflect!
Reflect raised standardtroll's team defense!

Rain continues to fall!
Chabarator [TEST]: usa Claydol, rs
Blue_Star: eu acho q dialga ia ser menos util q nattorei naquela partida
Blue_Star: nessa partida*

Start of turn 28

The foe's Arceus-Groun used Stone Edge!
Dialga lost 39 HP! (11% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
***: olha isso
***: olha o retardo mental
Blue_Star: h1
***: esse cara ainda vai conseguir perder

Start of turn 29
But it failed!

The foe's Arceus-Groun lost 67% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!
***: nossa
***: que lento
***: T_T
Blue_Star: ele é specs
Blue_Star: tem no máximo 306
Chabarator [TEST]: se fosse scarf seria plausivel colocar pra counterar discuss
***: nem
Blue_Star: nem seria
standardtroll: translations <><
***: olha o dano do specs
Blue_Star: ele não da OHKO
Blue_Star: e toma earthquake
***: *penes
Chabarator [TEST]: hum
***: *of dino

Start of turn 30
Pointed stones dug into Lugia!

The foe's Arceus-Groun regained health!

Rain continues to fall!
Lugia restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 31
It's super effective!
Lugia lost 124 HP! (29% of its health)

Lugia used Dragon Tail!
The foe's Arceus-Groun lost 8% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!
Lugia restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Chabarator [TEST]: omg
Blue_Star: lugia é foda

Start of turn 32

Chansey lost 99 HP! (15% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 33
*** called Kyogre back!
*** sent out Dialga!

Chansey used Seismic Toss!
The foe's Dialga lost 19% of its health!
The foe's Dialga fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
Chabarator [TEST]: dragon tail em lugia é foda, o bicho tem ww @_@
Blue_Star: vo jogar ubhars tb

Start of turn 34

Chansey used Toxic!
The foe's Arceus-Groun was poisoned!

Standardtroll's reflect wore off!
Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Arceus-Groun is hurt by poison!
Blue_Star: mas dragon tail evita taunt

Start of turn 35
standardtroll called Chansey back!
standardtroll sent out Forretress!
Pointed stones dug into Forretress!

Forretress lost 108 HP! (30% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
Forretress restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 36
The foe's Arceus-Groun used Earthquake!
Forretress lost 190 HP! (53% of its health)

Forretress used Pain Split!
The battlers shared their pain!

Rain continues to fall!
Forretress restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Blue_Star: forre fÃ*sicamente defensivo em ubers
***: ele é retardado

Start of turn 37
standardtroll called Forretress back!
Pointed stones dug into Lugia!

It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Lugia lost 136 HP! (32% of its health)
Lugia fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
***: sabe nem jogar isso
The foe's Arceus-Groun fainted!
***: pegar ele na ladder de novo ele vai ver
***: xd

*** sent out Giratina-O!

Blue_Star: rs

Start of turn 38
It's super effective!
The foe's Giratina-O lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Giratina-O fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
*** sent out Palkia!

The foe's Palkia is exerting its Pressure!

Start of turn 39

The foe's Palkia used Draco Meteor!
Chansey lost 132 HP! (20% of its health)
The foe's Palkia's Sp. Att. sharply fell!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 40
*** called Palkia back!
*** sent out Kyogre!

Chansey used Softboiled!
Chansey regained health!
Chabarator [TEST]: achei que ia setupar, lol

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 41
The foe's Kyogre used Ice Beam!
Chansey lost 94 HP! (14% of its health)

Chansey used Softboiled!
Chansey regained health!

Rain continues to fall!
***: vou frozar
***: rs

Start of turn 42
Chansey lost 94 HP! (14% of its health)

Chansey used Toxic!
The attack of Chansey missed!

Rain continues to fall!
Blue_Star: natural cure h1

Start of turn 43
Chansey lost 90 HP! (14% of its health)

Chansey used Toxic!
The foe's Kyogre was poisoned!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Kyogre is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 44
****: aff
Chansey lost 100 HP! (15% of its health)

Chansey used Softboiled!
Chansey regained health!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Kyogre is hurt by poison!

*** quits to save time

Shedy can also help stall stand through some of stalls greatest threats such as Specsogre and Stallbreaking sub cm giratina-o (well assuming it opts for dragon pulse + aura sphere over shadow ball + aura sphere) .

I only see sheddie being used as a switch-in to kyogre still (particularly the one's that don't have HP fire). I've even seen Quagsire's numbers increasing to wall kyogre even though encore is fixed at three turns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)