Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Its_A_Random wants a battle.

OPEN CHALLENGE

6v6 Singles
2 Day DQ Time
2 Recoveries, 5 Chills per Pokemon
Will be using a mix of NFE's & FE's
Obsidian Badlands
Field Type- Rock/Ground
Complexity- Simple/Moderate
Format- All
Restrictions- All weather can be used except Sunny Day, No water source

Obsidian Badlands: One of the harshest places out there, the Obsidian Badlands used to be a chain of volcanoes. One day a Heatran erupted from its slumber underneath the volcanoes. Enraged for some unknown reason, the Heatran released an explosive amount of power. The beast channeled the power through its home, and without warning all of the Volcanoes burst open, lava and flames searing the surface. Water types from near and far quickly extinguished the lava, hardening it to the point of transformation. Because of the rapid cooling the lava became obsidian, a black glassy rock. Also the lava went everywhere, so area is coated here and there with thick plates or spikes of obsidian. The black rock gives the already daunting place a dark demeanor, and only the most fearless of trainers train and battle here. In the center of this craggy place is Obsidian Pillar, the only remains of the largest volcano. Its sheer size disheartens the bravest pokemon, and its sharp edges and spikes could fall onto unsuspecting victims at anytime. The weather here is always stormy, though it only rains once every few months. Because of this the place is always in a severe drought. The ground is able to be dug up, but you must be careful; the obsidian is unsteady in some places.
Summary:
Weather is always stormy, though it rarely rains. Rain, sandstorms, and hail can be summoned. Digging and using earthquake is okay, but at your own risk.
TEAM SHIELDON CHARGES HEADLONG INTO A DEFEAT!!

SWITCH=OK
ONE ABILITY
NO ITEMS
Anyone willing to ref?

Match Seeker:

Number of Pokemon per side: 3
Singles
Disqualification (DQ) Time: 3 Days
Restricted Moves: None
Arena: Circular Arena with raised walls enclosing it and a dirt floor.

I would prefer a beginner battle as I haven't done this in forever but it is not a requirement.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Who's up for a Tag Battle?

2v2+2v2 Tag Team Doubles
2 Day DQ Time
2 Recoveries/5 Chills per Pokemon
One Ability
This is not an "I want to train my Magikarp!" battle. Repeat, This is not an "I want to train my Magikarp!" battle.
Arena: Oasis Arena
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All

Restrictions: No Rain or Hail

Description: It's basically a purpose built Pokemon arena with a difference: It has an Oasis in the middle of the arena. The Surface of the arena is sand & diggable, while the actual semi-lake that the oasis is positioned near the middle of the arena, to the right of where the challenger stands. On the other side are the grandstands. The arena has the same dimensions as a normal arena. The default weather is Clear & the only Weather that can take effect is Sun & Sandstorm.

Summary: Arena with Oasis, Diggable sandy surface, Oasis positioned near the middle of arena. Default weather: Clear, it can never hail or rain here.

1st Person determines Switch method
2nd Person determines Items
3rd Person determines Teams

Now, now. Anyone willing to battle?

EDIT: Yes, It's a Strong-mon battle, Objection.

DOUBLE EDIT: DFrog, by "Deciding Teams", I mean the last one to accept decides who he wants to partner with for the battle & leave the other two to form a team.

Well since my mine cart battle with Lord Jesseus is postponed, I'll accept. I wanted to get in a multi-trainer battle anyway.

Switch = Man falling off of a cliff (NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo...)

Open Challenge Time!

3v3 Singles
3 Day DQ
3 Recoveries/10 Chills
Arena: Forest without Consequence

Arena: Forest Without Consequence
Field Type: Diverse
Complexity: Intense
Restrictions: Weather moves won't work.

Description:
A simple little grove in the middle of a forest, with a 50m clearing in the middle. river runs silently off to the side of the arena, about 2.5m deep and 3m wide. The beautiful midday sun beams down on this picturesque scene. So, what make this arena more?

Time Travel.

At the end of every round, Celebi shows up (Non-catchable) and shifts everyone from the current timeline to a random alternate. The potential timelines are:

- Natural Life: The starting arena. Call it home if you like, because it'll be the only promise of comfort you'll get. No special effects.
- Forest Fire: Tiger, Tiger, burning bright... All Fire moves receive a Flash Fire boost, all others unused to the intense heat with have -1 Accuracy.
- Industrialization: Welcome to the Streets. Desolate for as far as the eye can see, nothing but concrete and iron. The river and all the trees are gone, and Seismic Activity and Dig are unusable. Steel and Electric types are right at home, and have the Energy cost reduced of all their moves by 2.
- Drought: Sunlight, so harsh it burns. The trees have lost their leaves, and offer little to no relief to wary battlers. Sunny Day is in effect, and All Grass-Types will be treated as if they have Solar Power, as well as their normal abilities. Water-types will also lose 1hp per action.
- Storm: Thunderbolts and Lightning, very very Frightening! Due to heavy rainfall, the river has flooded, and everyone has about 25cm of water around their ankles! This impedes foot-movement, and all contact moves have negative priority. Flying types, Levitators and Water-types are able to ignore this, due to their ability to avoid/thrive in watery conditions.
- Deadland: The river dried up, and the land died with it. Nothing but Sand as far as the eye can see, which isn't very far, with the giant Sandstorm in your face. Pokemon uncomfortable with Desert conditions have -1 Accuracy.
- Snowbound: Welcome to a Winter Wonderland. Weather is Snowing (Hail, without the damage per Action). Pokemon unfit for Winter conditions will move slower than normal.
- Midnight in a Perfect World: Identical to Natural Life, but during the Night. Because of the tranquility, a sense of peace befalls all Pokemon; Chilling regains 10 health as well as 18% Energy, and Recoveries are 15% more effective. This peace also affects a Pokemon's fighting prowess; All Pokemon lose 1 Rank in both Attacks for the duration of this Round.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Open Challenge Time!

3v3 Singles
3 Day DQ
3 Recoveries/10 Chills
Arena: Forest without Consequence

Arena: Forest Without Consequence
Field Type: Diverse
Complexity: Intense
Restrictions: Weather moves won't work.

Description:
A simple little grove in the middle of a forest, with a 50m clearing in the middle. river runs silently off to the side of the arena, about 2.5m deep and 3m wide. The beautiful midday sun beams down on this picturesque scene. So, what make this arena more?

Time Travel.

At the end of every round, Celebi shows up (Non-catchable) and shifts everyone from the current timeline to a random alternate. The potential timelines are:

- Natural Life: The starting arena. Call it home if you like, because it'll be the only promise of comfort you'll get. No special effects.
- Forest Fire: Tiger, Tiger, burning bright... All Fire moves receive a Flash Fire boost, all others unused to the intense heat with have -1 Accuracy.
- Industrialization: Welcome to the Streets. Desolate for as far as the eye can see, nothing but concrete and iron. The river and all the trees are gone, and Seismic Activity and Dig are unusable. Steel and Electric types are right at home, and have the Energy cost reduced of all moves by 2.
- Drought: Sunlight, so harsh it burns. The trees have lost their leaves, and offer little to no relief to wary battlers. All Grass-Types will be treated as if they have Solar Power, as well as their normal abilities. Water-types will also lose 1hp per action.
- Storm: Thunderbolts and Lightning, very very Frightening! The river has flooded, and everyone has about 50cm of water around their ankles! This impedes foot-movement, and all moves that require going up and striking your opponent to have negative priority. Flying types, Levitators and Water-types are able to ignore this, due to their ability to avoid/thrive in watery conditions.
- Deadland: The river dried up, and the land died with it. Nothing but Sand as far as the eye can see, which isn't very far, with the giant Sandstorm in your face. Pokemon uncomfortable with Desert conditions have -1 Accuracy.
- Snowbound: Welcome to a Winter Wonderland. Weather is Snowing (Hail, without the damage per Action). Pokemon unfit for Winter conditions will move slower than normal.
- Midnight in a Perfect World: Identical to Natural Life, but during the Night. Because of the tranquility, a sense of peace befalls all Pokemon; Chilling regains 10 health as well as 18% Energy, and Recoveries are 15% more effective. This peace also affects a Pokemon's fighting prowess; All Pokemon lose 1 Rank in both Attacks for the duration of this Round.
Switch=KO
No Items
All Abilities

Who's up for a Tag Battle?

2v2+2v2 Tag Team Doubles
2 Day DQ Time
2 Recoveries/5 Chills per Pokemon
One Ability
This is not an "I want to train my Magikarp!" battle. Repeat, This is not an "I want to train my Magikarp!" battle.
Arena: Oasis Arena
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Moderate

Restrictions: No Rain or Hail

Description: It's basically a purpose built Pokemon arena with a difference: It has an Oasis in the middle of the arena. The Surface of the arena is sand & diggable, while the actual semi-lake that the oasis is positioned near the middle of the arena, to the right of where the challenger stands. On the other side are the grandstands. The arena has the same dimensions as a normal arena. The default weather is Clear & the only Weather that can take effect is Sun & Sandstorm.

Summary: Arena with Oasis, Diggable sandy surface, Oasis positioned near the middle of arena. Default weather: Clear, it can never hail or rain here.

1st Person determines Switch method
2nd Person determines Items
3rd Person determines Teams

Now, now. Anyone willing to battle?

EDIT: Yes, It's a Strong-mon battle, Objection.
Fuck it, I'm in! No items lalala

Also how are team decided?

Alright, time to fill up my battle slots again. Two challenges, here we go!

EDIT: Glacier is taking this one
3v3 Doubles
3 day DQ
Unlimited recovers/chills
Switch=OK
His arena choice
NFE only (no FE, no single stage, second out of three is fine)

4v4 Doubles
3 day DQ
Unlimited recovers/chills
Switch=OK
ASB Tournament Arena
FE only

yup yup i am

Taking Flamestrike's NFE challenge
no items, all abilities

area is this:

Field Type- Neutral
Complexity- Simple
Format- All
Restrictions- Little water sources

No Man’s Land: the only remnants of a war taking place on this lonely plane are craters from cannons and two hastily made trenches opposite of one another. This place is perfect for an intense brawl of epic proportions because unlike domes, gyms, or protected forests this place is dying to be torn apart again. There are no trees or grass, just mounds of dirt and dust, with some puddles here and there from past storms. The air is stale, and you can feel the tension that was strained here years ago. Yes, this already forgotten area is perfect for rough housing and playing dirty. Summary: Dig/earthquake is allowed. Weather is allowed.

Open challenge time!

Training Battle
(This battle acts as if it never happened; it will not go on the profile or W/L/T of either player)
Format: 2v2 Doubles
DQ: 2 days
Limits: ∞ Recovers / ∞ Chills
Arena: Particularly Normal Place
This arena is particularly normal. The strange thing about it is that it's so normal that anything not normal is nigh-rejected by the arena. Normal-type moves cost 50% less energy, while anything not Normal-type costs 50% more energy for all Pokemon. Furthermore, everything is so normalized that all Pokemon pick up Normalize as an ability in addition to their own. Thus, even in a no abilities battle, they must have it. The arena also doesn't like Ghost-types because they're mean and scary. Really.

Summary:

• Normal-type moves cost 50% less energy.
  • Non-Normal-type moves cost 50% more energy.
  • All Pokemon get the Normalize ability no matter what, even in no abilities battles.
  • No Ghost-type Pokemon allowed.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Accepting Rising Dusk's if possible(The normalize is like the real ability, as in it is possible to deactivate it? Does the bonus also work for Normalized moves?)

No items
Switch=Riiiight...
All Abilities

Open challenge time!

Training Battle
(This battle acts as if it never happened; it will not go on the profile or W/L/T of either player)
Format: 2v2 Doubles
DQ: 2 days
Limits: ∞ Recovers / ∞ Chills
Arena: Particularly Normal Place
This arena is particularly normal. The strange thing about it is that it's so normal that anything not normal is nigh-rejected by the arena. Normal-type moves cost 50% less energy, while anything not Normal-type costs 50% more energy for all Pokemon. Furthermore, everything is so normalized that all Pokemon pick up Normalize as an ability in addition to their own. Thus, even in a no abilities battle, they must have it. The arena also doesn't like Ghost-types because they're mean and scary. Really.

Summary:

• Normal-type moves cost 50% less energy.
  • Non-Normal-type moves cost 50% more energy.
  • All Pokemon get the Normalize ability no matter what, even in no abilities battles.
  • No Ghost-type Pokemon allowed.
Accepting Rising Dusk's if possible(The normalize is like the real ability, as in it is possible to deactivate it? Does the bonus also work for Normalized moves?)

No items
Switch=Riiiight...
All Abilities
If you guys don't mind having an apprentice ref, I'll take this, with GoldenKnight as my tutor ref. PM me teams, if you please!

I'll issue my own challenge

2v2 Doubles
1 Day DQ/ 2 Days for Ref
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
Challenger chooses the arena
No evolved mons at all (i.e. Gastly is allowed, but not Haunter or Gengar)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)