Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I had the same problem-
I would just find a different ID/SID combo that has an odd delay.
Okay, thanks. I have just been changing the years to get odd delays, but then I get a consistent even delay. :/

For some reason when doing ID/SID, you can hit both odd and even. It's just kinda down to luck.
Okay, thanks. I have tried 5 times in a row to test if the consistency would ever break, however, I kept getting odd delays. Should I keep going until I get one even delay, or perhaps choose a different ID? :/

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Okay, thanks. I have tried 5 times in a row to test if the consistency would ever break, however, I kept getting odd delays. Should I keep going until I get one even delay, or perhaps choose a different ID? :/
Iirc, it was fairly consistent based on what you were trying for but it was very stubborn to change. It did switch after a while of trying though. You can try a new seed if it wasn't too unique. Another option may be to try the same seed at a different date/time. Or you could just keep trying. Personally, I like the different date idea first.

For fishing abuse, how much does fishing advance the frame by? And is there any way to know if I'll get "Not even a nibble"? I'm talking HGSS, btw.

For fishing abuse, how much does fishing advance the frame by? And is there any way to know if I'll get "Not even a nibble"? I'm talking HGSS, btw.
Someone can correct me if im wrong but I do believe fishing advances the frame by 4. Not sure if "Not even a nibble" advances or not, I just use a super rod so theres a less chance that will happen.

Someone can correct me if im wrong but I do believe fishing advances the frame by 4. Not sure if "Not even a nibble" advances or not, I just use a super rod so theres a less chance that will happen.
Thanks, I'll try that! And I was planning to use a super rod anyways, so this works out nicely :) Thanks!

Edit: Just caught my Gyara pretty quickly. It seems that if you fish and catch something, the frame advances +3, but if you get "Not even a nibble" you get +1.

When trying to RNG your ID/SID combo how do you verify that you have hit your seed or are close to it?
Go to the "Trainer ID Obtained" part of Pandora's Box, and enter in the information. Then, all the close seeds are shown below.

Unfortunately, I am still having problems with even/odd delays in ID/SID Abuse... I tried changing the seed entirely, but I still get an "opposite" even/odd delay for every one of them (I have no idea how this happens, but every time I test a new seed the delay is always odd when I want even and vice-versa)... Changing the date/time didn't help either, as I still got consistent results in the same even/odd delay. Any other ideas? Should I try doing this on a different DS, perhaps? :/

I'm currently at the Burned Tower in HeartGold and I'm ready to let Raikou, Entei, and Suicune run, thus I have come to the point where I have to RNG the two. I've never RNG'ed in Generation 4 before and I don't know where to start with the dogs. Can anyone explain how they did theirs? I also need to be able to RNG Latias when the time comes, so there could be 3 roamers on the field at once. I just have no idea where to start on them. I want to RNG for IVs and nature only.

If I don't want to RNG these guys right now, can I just release them now, KO them later, and defeat the Champion to re-spawn them again when I'm done with the entire game?

How do you check 4th gen ESV in RNG Reporter?
Do you mean you want ti know which encounter slot you'll have or what pokemon is in that encounter slot?

I'm currently at the Lake of Rage Gyarados, how can I RNG it? I found a suitable spread (Impish 31/31/31/25/31/31) that is one frame 9 of method k. How is this different from other captures?

Do you mean you want ti know which encounter slot you'll have or what pokemon is in that encounter slot?

I'm currently at the Lake of Rage Gyarados, how can I RNG it? I found a suitable spread (Impish 31/31/31/25/31/31) that is one frame 9 of method k. How is this different from other captures?
Lake of Rage Gyarados is Shiny Chained Theoretical, not Method K.

I answered my own question because I didn't see the guide for HGSS roamers in the OP.

So I can go on through the story and release the three dogs at the Burned Tower so they're running around and I can re-spawn and RNG them later once I get to Lance?

I answered my own question because I didn't see the guide for HGSS roamers in the OP.

So I can go on through the story and release the three dogs at the Burned Tower so they're running around and I can re-spawn and RNG them later once I get to Lance?
Yuppers. Just make sure to abuse them before battling Lance.

Yep. But you have to make sure they're KOd, then go battle the E4.

Edit: Ninja'd :P

Regarding the 3 legendary dogs. Is there a way to RNG them the first time that I release them or is it better to do it after defeating the elite 4? Who do I need to call to advance the frame? What sayings correspond to the Elm calls (Kanto, Pokerus, Egg). Do I just hit my seed, advance and then walk one step to run into them?

If I RNG for a shiny starter in HG/SS is there any way to trade him to my plat without him gaining any EVs? If I recall correctly I am forced to battle my rival after exiting Cherrygrove when heading back to New Bark Town.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)