Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Thanks. What about if I'm using an emulator? Is there a way then? PoJ told me there might be, but she wasn't sure.
It is possible if you can find seed locations. Google is your friend there. You could just look at your seed to see if it matches what you needed to hit.

Yeah, if you can check IVs, you can verify your seed. Go to seed finder (Or 4th gen. tools > seed finder if you're using RNG Reporter 9.81), and go on the tab "Find Seed by IV Range". Enter all the info and stuff and pick custom, and then enter a delay range (Similar to what you would put in the bottom part of Seed to Time). Then generate.

But if you want to verify your seed right when you get in game, Idk how. Winter's Zombie told me that on an emu you can know if you hit your seed and track your frame. Idk how.

It is possible if you can find seed locations. Google is your friend there. You could just look at your seed to see if it matches what you needed to hit.
What do you mean by that? Sorry, I sorta have no experience outside egg-breeding RNG.

Yeah, if you can check IVs, you can verify your seed. Go to seed finder (Or 4th gen. tools > seed finder if you're using RNG Reporter 9.81), and go on the tab "Find Seed by IV Range". Enter all the info and stuff and pick custom, and then enter a delay range (Similar to what you would put in the bottom part of Seed to Time). Then generate.

But if you want to verify your seed right when you get in game, Idk how. Winter's Zombie told me that on an emu you can know if you hit your seed and track your frame. Idk how.
I tried the seed finder, but custom doesn't let me input a delay of 5 digits.

EDIT: I've found a method, thanks Toast and PoJ :)

Hey, I have a question about encounter slots and Mt. Silver.

I'm trying to abuse a Shiny Timid Misdreavus in Mt. Silver. My seed is B1150781, and since it's during the night, Misdreavus can be found. I've got encounter slots 0 and 2 shiny, so I looked at the encounter slots and went to Mt. Silver. The only floor that yields Misdreavus on slots 0/2 is 3F. I went to Serebii.net's Pokeearth and clicked Mt. Silver, and looked for 3F. I went to 3F in-game and saved there, hit my seed/did advs, but got Quagsire. So I want to ask, which floor would I find Misdreavus on slot 0/2? I guess Serebii and the encounter tables I use don't match.

Edit: Actually, I have slots 0 and 3, not 2.

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey, I have a question about encounter slots and Mt. Silver.

I'm trying to abuse a Shiny Timid Misdreavus in Mt. Silver. My seed is B1150781, and since it's during the night, Misdreavus can be found. I've got encounter slots 0 and 2 shiny, so I looked at the encounter slots and went to Mt. Silver. The only floor that yields Misdreavus on slots 0/2 is 3F. I went to Serebii.net's Pokeearth and clicked Mt. Silver, and looked for 3F. I went to 3F in-game and saved there, hit my seed/did advs, but got Quagsire. So I want to ask, which floor would I find Misdreavus on slot 0/2? I guess Serebii and the encounter tables I use don't match.

Edit: Actually, I have slots 0 and 3, not 2.
According to BP, this is the 3F. I'm not sure which is correct, but it's worth a shot.

Edit: You may also want to double check on that time as well since dark doesn't mean night. It's from 8:00PM to 3:59AM.

I've never abused my ID's the "common" way with a timer but ID/SID generation occurs when your character shrinks to size (the black screen right before you appear in your room) which is instant, whereas in Platinum it occurs after the TV message which lasts a few seconds before you can advance to the main game.

So your timing will be different for both but its essentially the same thing I believe.

I've never abused my ID's the "common" way with a timer but ID/SID generation occurs when your character shrinks to size (the black screen right before you appear in your room) which is instant, whereas in Platinum it occurs after the TV message which lasts a few seconds before you can advance to the main game.

So your timing will be different for both but its essentially the same thing I believe.
Ok thank you for the help

Toast++

The main difference is that the calibration has to make up for the pre-delay and the post-delay. This can sometimes throw the seconds value off. Be sure to check a wide range when finding out what you hit.

Ok, I just want to make sure I'm doing this right before I waste a lot of time.

I chose the PID: 6937DA48. I put it into Pandora's Box and chose the Seed: AF151B65 and had the Delay: 7002. That seed had the ID: 00003 and the SID: 45944. I then put the seed into Seed to Time and chose 2011 7 20 at 21:05:30 and put all of that stuff into the DS and PikaTimer. I start the game when the first timer ends, then press A at the TV screen when the second one ends. Did I miss anything or should I change anything?

Toast++

Ok, I just want to make sure I'm doing this right before I waste a lot of time.

I chose the PID: 6937DA48. I put it into Pandora's Box and chose the Seed: AF151B65 and had the Delay: 7002. That seed had the ID: 00003 and the SID: 45944. I then put the seed into Seed to Time and chose 2011 7 20 at 21:05:30 and put all of that stuff into the DS and PikaTimer. I start the game when the first timer ends, then press A at the TV screen when the second one ends. Did I miss anything or should I change anything?
Sigh.. pikatimer.

Everything sounds fine though.

Toast++

I'm sorry lol. PikaTimer kinda sucks but I thought that was just me. I'll use yours. Should I change everything back to the way it was or use your settings?
I would just ask someone who has done it what their settings were. It's not usually the same, but it is fairly similar and a good starting place. My defaults were for most HGSS. I know that platinum's calibrated delay is about 100 higher, so change the 500 to 600. You should hit near the delay, but a few seconds late. There's nothing I can really do about that. Just adjust your target second to make up for it. ID/SID is the only place you should have to do that.

I would just ask someone who has done it what their settings were. It's not usually the same, but it is fairly similar and a good starting place. My defaults were for most HGSS. I know that platinum's calibrated delay is about 100 higher, so change the 500 to 600. You should hit near the delay, but a few seconds late. There's nothing I can really do about that. Just adjust your target second to make up for it. ID/SID is the only place you should have to do that.
ok thanks I'll try it out.

Toast++

I have a question. When you first get the pokegear, will calling elm (try not to overdo it) advance the frame by 1?
I can't say this with certainty, but I doubt it. The game has to have a reason to make an RNG call. If the response can't vary (and it doesn't at first), then there is no need for it.

I can't say this with certainty, but I doubt it. The game has to have a reason to make an RNG call. If the response can't vary (and it doesn't at first), then there is no need for it.
Ok thanks ToastPlusOne. I have another question, if I want to RNG the togepi egg from Mr Pokemon, will the IVs and nature be generated when I get it from him as a mystery egg? Or from Elm's assistant in Violet City?

Thank you so much ToastPlusOne for your help. I just hit my ID of 00003 :D
Now do I have to save by Rowan's bag and get the starter or save by the bag and try to hit the Delay?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)