Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for a 2v2 Singles Testing Battle (doesn't count on W/L/T, but it is for testing, rather than training)
2 Day DQ (3 for the ref)
2 Chills/1 Recovery
Arena: Steel Gym
Switch=KO
No items
All abilities
Field Type: Steel, would also be good for Rock/Ground
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All
Restrictions: Always Sandstorm unless a weather move is used, but other weather only lasts 3 rounds; Digging difficult for not particularly strong Pokemon or non-Ground Pokemon; no water source

It is a field that is about 300 feet (or something like 100 meters for people from various parts of the world) by about 200 feet. The floor is aluminum (aluminum is soft for a metal, so some Pokemon can dig: very strong Pokemon or ground-types, otherwise digging will cost extra energy; Earthquake and other seismic activity may take place). There is a bit of a magnetic push from the floor, providing a Magnet Rise effect for any Steel or Electric type Pokemon. All Steel-type moves inflict 3 extra damage (after types factor in), and cost 1 less energy. Steel-type Pokemon have enhanced senses here, and the dodge command has an extra 10 flat percent chance to make the attack miss. Since it is a gym, it is indoors; however, a Sandstorm is being simulated. However, other weather will be simulated when a Pokemon uses the appropriate weather move (if a Pokemon uses Sunny Day, intense sunlight is simulated). These weather effects only last three rounds though, and when that weather wears off, Sandstorm goes back into effect.

I realize that the acceptor doesn't get to choose anything. This is as close to the gym format that I think I can make it. As per my knowledge of the gyms so far, I can bring up to six Pokemon (bring as many as you want, I have no knowledge of how many the challenger brings) and I also think the acceptor of this challenge sends out a Pokemon first, then I send out my Pokemon and issue actions, etc. This may seem to all completely give me a total advantage, but keep in mind that I am limited to Steel type Pokemon and you can bring anything. Besides, this is just a test.
I guess I will post this one last time, and hopefully someone will finally take it. I am also going to put up another challenge:

1v1 Singles
2 Day DQ
0 Recoveries/2 Chills
The tournament arena for simplicity.

Right, let's see if I can multitask.
Open Challenge: Doubles! 2 Pokemon per side.
no recoveries, 5 chills per pokemon.
DQ time: 2 Days
Arena:
This arena is composed of a solid web of sticky spider silk, but with a small twist. Any contact with there fibers will cause an electrical shock! The Joltik and Galvantula who live here also love a good Pokemon battle, but they prefer the catch of the day, your Pokemon. The nest is located in the underbelly of Castelia City, so there's no light, and the ground, if it's not covered in spider silk, is hard concrete.

Summary: Walls, ceiling, and part of the floor are covered in electrical spider silk, so if contact is made there's a chance of both entanglement and shock. When vibrations are sent up the threads, there's a 50% chance of a Pokemon coming down and attacking (75% Joltik, 25% Galvantula), and then retreating. No weather, and no digging.

NFE pokemon, preferably.

EDIT: Awesome, deadfox. Let's find ourselves a ref.
Just bumping this onto a fresh page. Deadfox and I are still seeking a ref.

Rising_Dusk said:
Another open challenge!

Training Battle
(This battle acts as if it never happened; it will not go on the profile or W/L/T of either player)
Format: 3v3 Triples
Positioning: Off
DQ: 2 days
Limits: ∞ Recovers / ∞ Chills
Arena: Calm Clearing
Lost in the middle of some forest in a place no one can ever find is a calm clearing. In this clearing, non-attacking moves are rewarded and attacking moves are punished. Non-attacking moves all have a bonus one (1) priority, meanwhile all attacking moves cost an extra two (2) energy. The arena also hates Pranksters because they're mean, and so disallows that ability from being used.

Summary:

• Attacking moves cost two (2) extra energy.
  • Non-attacking moves have one (1) bonus priority.
  • The ability Prankster is disallowed.
i got this.

switch=no
items=no
one ability
Looking for a ref now!

Well I need something to focus on to keep the horrid thoughts at bay, so I'll take R_D vs T_D. Plus I need more experience reffing triples. PM me your teams of 3.

I am looking for a 2v2 Singles Testing Battle (doesn't count on W/L/T, but it is for testing, rather than training)
2 Day DQ (3 for the ref)
2 Chills/1 Recovery
Arena: Steel Gym
Switch=KO
No items
All abilities
Field Type: Steel, would also be good for Rock/Ground
Restrictions: Always Sandstorm unless a weather move is used, but other weather only lasts 3 rounds; Digging difficult for not particularly strong Pokemon or non-Ground Pokemon; no water source

It is a field that is about 300 feet (or something like 100 meters for people from various parts of the world) by about 200 feet. The floor is aluminum (aluminum is soft for a metal, so some Pokemon can dig: very strong Pokemon or ground-types, otherwise digging will cost extra energy; Earthquake and other seismic activity may take place). There is a bit of a magnetic push from the floor, providing a Magnet Rise effect for any Steel or Electric type Pokemon. All Steel-type moves inflict 3 extra damage (after types factor in), and cost 1 less energy. Steel-type Pokemon have enhanced senses here, and the dodge command has an extra 10 flat percent chance to make the attack miss. Since it is a gym, it is indoors; however, a Sandstorm is being simulated. However, other weather will be simulated when a Pokemon uses the appropriate weather move (if a Pokemon uses Sunny Day, intense sunlight is simulated). These weather effects only last three rounds though, and when that weather wears off, Sandstorm goes back into effect.

I realize that the acceptor doesn't get to choose anything. This is as close to the gym format that I think I can make it. As per my knowledge of the gyms so far, I can bring up to six Pokemon (bring as many as you want, I have no knowledge of how many the challenger brings) and I also think the acceptor of this challenge sends out a Pokemon first, then I send out my Pokemon and issue actions, etc. This may seem to all completely give me a total advantage, but keep in mind that I am limited to Steel type Pokemon and you can bring anything. Besides, this is just a test.
Ill take this, i think you already chose everything so we just need a ref now

I guess I will post this one last time, and hopefully someone will finally take it. I am also going to put up another challenge:

1v1 Singles
2 Day DQ
0 Recoveries/2 Chills
The tournament arena for simplicity.
It looks like no one accepted this, so I'll use my 2nd slot to take you on. :D

Switch=lol
All Abilities
No items

Challenging anyone who dare to take on TWO of my NFEs!

2v2 doubles
2 Day DQ
0 Recoveries, 0 Chills
The one who accept chooses arena, in exchange for me going second.

And challenging anyone daring enough to face ONE NFE!

1v1 Singles
2 Day DQ
0 Recoveries, 0 Chills
CAP ASB Tournament Arena, unless the ref wants anything else.

I challenge LevitatingLamprey
2v2 Singles
3 Recoveries/5 chills
3 day DQ
Arena: Trace Creek

A local stream, trace creek is drying up due to the intense heat of the summer. There is nothing quite special about this particular stream- apart from a seviper who does not enjoy visitors and will be provoked by loud noise. Apart from this feature, this creek is quite bland.

- Sleeping Seviper
- Water Scource
- Lots o Rocks
I accept: Switch=KO, No items, Abilities allowed at will if unlocked! And also, source has no extra c in it!
It seems I always have to

bump

all of my matches

Challenging ToastTyrant13

1v1 Singles
2 recoveries/5 chills
1 day DQ
Arena: Final Destination

Deep in the subconcious state of mind, imagination represented by a platform zooming through the air flies past. The platform has the ability to call any affects. Water appears from nowhere, the sun will appear static over the ever-changing horizon- anything necesary can be preformed. However, the platform is only so big, and if a combatant falls into the oblivion, they will reappear in the center, with 10 less HP.

Challenging ToastTyrant13

1v1 Singles
2 recoveries/5 chills
1 day DQ
Arena: Final Destination

Deep in the subconcious state of mind, imagination represented by a platform zooming through the air flies past. The platform has the ability to call any affects. Water appears from nowhere, the sun will appear static over the ever-changing horizon- anything necesary can be preformed. However, the platform is only so big, and if a combatant falls into the oblivion, they will reappear in the center, with 10 less HP.
SO YOU HAVE WISHED IT, SO IT SHALL BE!

Switch=lol
No Items
All Abilities

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Challenging anyone who dare to take on TWO of my NFEs!

2v2 doubles
2 Day DQ
0 Recoveries, 0 Chills
The one who accept chooses arena, in exchange for me going second.
Accepting the doubles one.
No items, Switch = lol.
As for the arena, I'll steal one of Objection's.

An artificial environment with no external water source or natural grass. Digging and seismic moves are allowed. Weather is allowed.

At the beginning of each round, the ref will give a task to the participating pokemon to perform during the round. It can be anything as long as all active pokemon can feasibly accomplish it (eg, use non-STAB moves only). Any pokemon that fail to complete the task take damage equal to 1/4 of their max HP.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Looks like all three of my battle spots are open, OMG. So, I'll be opening 3 different challenges!

Challenge #1 said:
1v1 Singles
2 recoveries/5 chills
3 day DQ
Arena: ASB Tournament arena
Surrounded by thousands of screaming Pokemon fans, the ASB Arena can be best described as a standard Pokemon battling arena. In the center of the arena lies a dirt-based floor outlined to show two separate sides (with a white Pokeball center). Surrounding the dirt is a moat filled with water. The moat is about fifteen feet wide and creates a perimeter around the dirt arena. The arena itself is eighty feet wide, one hundred feet long. All moves, weathers, and abilities are legal for the match, since it's an outdoor arena with a large water source and packed dirt. Pokemon must stay in the arena (or the dimensions of the arena in the case of Flying Pokemon, who cannot leave the arena and cannot fly higher than sixty feet). This prevents Pokemon from injuring the crowd watching the tournament. There are no outside interruptions by fans, Pokemon, or other elements not associated with the current battle.
Challenge #2 said:
2v2 Singles
2 recoveries/5 chills
3 day DQ
Arena: Weedle City
You can only use Weedles, Caterpies, or Wurmples.
Challenge #3 said:
3v3 Singes
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
3 Day DQ
Arena: WarioWare

An artificial environment with no external water source or natural grass. Digging and seismic moves are allowed. Weather is allowed.

At the beginning of each round, the ref will give a task to the participating pokemon to perform during the round. It can be anything as long as all active pokemon can feasibly accomplish it (eg, use non-STAB moves only). Any pokemon that fail to complete the task take damage equal to 1/4 of their max HP.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
OPEN CHALLENGE TO ANYONE I HAVEN'T BATTLED BEFORE

4v4 Doubles
2 Day DQ Time
Max 2 Rest/Recoveries & 5 Chills per Pokemon
I'll be using a mix of NFE's & FE's, so do be warned.
Arena: Tynamo Ridge
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Intense

Restrictions: No Water Source

Description: Tynamo Ridge is a hilly expanse that gets its nickname after the fact that there are endless Tynamo that live in the area. The battle takes place at the highest point, which is fairly flat & is very spacious & is about 150m in diameter. However, the battle attracts the attention of the Tynamo, who will then starts spawning & attacking.
At the end of each round, there is a 50% chance that a Tynamo will spawn. These Tynamo will join the battle as normal & will attack either Pokemon on the field with a move from their ridiculously small movepool every action. The Tynamo have infinite energy, but they do have finite HP, at 90 HP a piece. All Tynamo are neutral natured, fortunately. Defeating one, gives the Pokemon that killed one a 2 HP & Energy Bonus.
Also, at the end of every round, there's a 10% chance that a lightning bolt will drop from the sky. These bolts will do a flat 20 Damage to the Pokemon it strikes & has a 100% chance of inflicting 25% paralysis, even if it's a Ground Type. These bolts cannot be redirected by Lightningrod.
RECAP: Hilly expanse, constantly spawning Tynamo, & a big scary Lightning Bolt.

Anyone up for a round?

EDIT: No, the Tynamo don't give KO Counters, but they will give a HP & Energy Bonus, following edits to the arena...

OPEN CHALLENGE TO ANYONE I HAVEN'T BATTLED BEFORE

4v4 Doubles
2 Day DQ Time
Max 2 Rest/Recoveries & 5 Chills per Pokemon
I'll be using a mix of NFE's & FE's, so do be warned.
Arena: Tynamo Ridge
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Intense

Restrictions: No Water Source

Description: Tynamo Ridge is a hilly expanse that gets its nickname after the fact that there are endless Tynamo that live in the area. The battle takes place at the highest point, which is fairly flat & is very spacious & is about 150m in diameter. However, the battle attracts the attention of the Tynamo, who will then starts spawning & attacking.
At the end of each round, there is a 50% chance that a Tynamo will spawn. These Tynamo will join the battle as normal & will attack either Pokemon on the field with a move from their ridiculously small movepool every action. The Tynamo have infinite energy, but they do have finite HP, at 90 HP a piece. All Tynamo are neutral natured, fortunately.
Also, at the end of every round, there's a 10% chance that a lightning bolt will drop from the sky. These bolts will do a flat 20 Damage to the Pokemon it strikes & has a 100% chance of inflicting 25% paralysis, even if it's a Ground Type. These bolts cannot be redirected by Lightningrod.
RECAP: Hilly expanse, constantly spawning Tynamo, & a big scary Lightning Bolt.

Anyone up for a round?
I think it would be fun to see those little worms running (floating?) around, little question, does the tynamos give KO counters?

All Abilities
No Items
Switch=Ok

Specific battle agaisnt levlam!
1v1 Singles
5 Day DQ
5 Recoveries, 5 Chills

Arena: Cavern Forest
Field Type: Grass/Bug/Dark
Format: All Formats

Description: A large cavern with a whole ecosystem of life living inside. Crystals line the sides of the cave reflecting light from a hole in the ceiling. The light produces a watery reflection on the cave walls and on the vegitation growing. The vegitation is very similar in structure and function as the kind that live above under the golden sun. The differences are that most of the shrubs and smalls trees have glowing flowers and are half the size of above ground vegitation. Many never before seen bug and grass pokemon live in the darkness surrounding the battle field. They can be hostile if threatened or their habitat is threatened. If fire or excessive damage is done, there is chance that the wild pokemon will attack the fighting pokemon.

50%Chance for the vegitation to burn after a fire type attack is used giving all pokemon around it a burn status
25% Chance for swarm attacks doing 5-10 Bug or Grass damage with damage to surrounding vegitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)