Favorite non-ubers you use in ubers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
I have to answer Shedinja! It's fun to force panic attacks and forfeits when I send it into battle! >:D
Shedinja is by far the wierdest poke created ... its able to wall kyogre better then a gastrdon <.< but cant even take a hit. It loves espeon though.

Espeon is just awesome. Causing mindgames with an opponents darkrai is just.... trollish. Watch as a confident lugia pales in horror as it intoxicates itself. Being able to pass cm's and subs when scaring [insert spiker] to death so that it switches is simply awesome. Who needs a spinner when you can prevent the other guy from ever setting up hazards XD.

Shedinja is by far the wierdest poke created ... its able to wall kyogre better then a gastrdon <.< but cant even take a hit. It loves espeon though.

Espeon is just awesome. Causing mindgames with an opponents darkrai is just.... trollish. Watch as a confident lugia pales in horror as it intoxicates itself. Being able to pass cm's and subs when scaring [insert spiker] to death so that it switches is simply awesome. Who needs a spinner when you can prevent the other guy from ever setting up hazards XD.
YES! The trolliness of Magic Bounce Espeon makes it just as awesome as Shedinja!

Whimsicott (no surprise there huh).

It's really not that good in ubers lol. Arceus switching in on it says 'you lose'...but its priority stun spore and encore and its grass typing are really screw with a large part of the metagame.

Espeon too. Magic Bounce is the most underrated ability in the game imo, probably because people don't use it thoughtfully. It's excellent at shutting down those dang-nabbed deoxys-s leads as well as foretress, lugia, blissey, etc.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Latias is my new favourite non-Uber. Unlike your standard Grass Arceus, Palkia, Gastrodon, Latias can check most variants of Kyogre while being immune to Spikes, which is everywhere in the metagame. Grass Arceus gets 2HKOed by Specs Kyogre after SR and a layer of Spikes, while Toxic Spikes completely ruins it. So far, 252 HP / 252 SpD Calm Latias is working just fine, able to take 2 Water Spouts from Modest ScarfOgre and Recover it off easily. It take about 40% from Scarf Palkia's Spacial Rend after a Calm Mind. Try it out, everyone.

polop

is a Contributor Alumnus
Togekiss can also attempt to troll other uber players.

Apparently it has enough notable advantages over the other haxers to actually be used over them. Unlike skymin, it has much greater special bulk, the ability to paralyze other pokes, reliable recovery in the form of roost, access to nasty plot, and access to aura sphere. Unlike jirachi it gets a flying flinch move in the form of air slash which is resisted by less pokes then iron head, roost, a ground immunity, aura sphere, greater special bulk, nasty plot, and the ability to be a mini cleric with heal bell.

The best asset about togekiss though, is its able to actually troll specially defensive ferrothorn to death without lowering its own iv's for a hidden power. Air slashes combined with paralysis can cut its hp down to 50-60%ish when aura sphere can ohko it. It only needs 2-3 flinches to do this too if it runs max special attack with a raising nature. If it has a nasty plot up it 2hkoes ferrothorn with 2 air slashes and a layer of spikes or 1 air slash and aura sphere with no hazards. If its sunny, it can 2hko ferrothorn with fire blast without any investment in special attack or hazards.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
shrang, under rainy conditions, Specs Water Spout from Kyogre also 2HKOs Latias (55-65%). It needs Soul Dew to tank Specs Water Spout. The only uber that can absorb Water Spout at the moment is Palkia.

Arceus actually has overall better special defense than Latias, because 120 HP / 120 SDef > 80 HP / 130 SDef.

Scarfed Heracross:

Heracross@Choice Scarf 252 attack/252 speed/4HP Adamant Ability:Guts
-Megahorn
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-Sleep Talk

Perfect Darkrai counter as well as a brilliant late game sweeper. All 3 of its moves OHkO Darkrai with guts boost after Dark Void. Great at cleaning up the plethora of psychics and Darks in ubers (*cough* Mewtwo *cough*)

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
shrang, under rainy conditions, Specs Water Spout from Kyogre also 2HKOs Latias (55-65%). It needs Soul Dew to tank Specs Water Spout. The only uber that can absorb Water Spout at the moment is Palkia.

Arceus actually has overall better special defense than Latias, because 120 HP / 120 SDef > 80 HP / 130 SDef.
Oops, I meant ScarfOgre. Still, you outspeed the bulkier variants of SpecsOgre and can get a Thunder in and deal a good 40-50% to it after a layer of SR before it launches a second Water Spout to weaken it, I suppose. I've highlighted her qualities over Arceus already, and that is no-Spikes weak, which is huge in the current metagame.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, with 0 speed investment Latias will fail to outspeed the majority of specsogre, and will thusly be 2hko'd in most situations by wspout... sorry, i'm not seeing it as being a 'reliable' check.

polop

is a Contributor Alumnus
Latias is my new favourite non-Uber. Unlike your standard Grass Arceus, Palkia, Gastrodon, Latias can check most variants of Kyogre while being immune to Spikes, which is everywhere in the metagame. Grass Arceus gets 2HKOed by Specs Kyogre after SR and a layer of Spikes, while Toxic Spikes completely ruins it. So far, 252 HP / 252 SpD Calm Latias is working just fine, able to take 2 Water Spouts from Modest ScarfOgre and Recover it off easily. It take about 40% from Scarf Palkia's Spacial Rend after a Calm Mind. Try it out, everyone.
After trying it out, it looks like it can check most kyogre forms but its weak to things like BU dialga and in particular toxic <.< (gravity just sucks D: if its used on it, then again I use gravity chansey so don't take my word), what poppycock and pocket said about it only makes it worse. Latias is also a bit weak physically being flat out 2hkoed by giraitna-o's shadow sneak, and ohkoed by a nonivested outrage from the same thing. I'd say it needs soul dew to do work but when I tested it levitate wasn't really helping much.

I still think it has a small niche though. IT CAN beat crogre in a cm war (assuming it has psyshock) and sweep or phaze while not worrying about switching in to deathly damage from spikes but i don't know if something else can do that better. Then again i only tested cm/recover/refresh or dragon pulse or psyshock or sub or roar /dragon pulse or psyshock with shrang's specially defensive ev spread. It's high base speed enables it to phaze before a lot of stuff with roar, and access to recover, refresh, sub, roar, with a dragon typing and lefties probably make it one of the fastest bulky phazers with a water, ground, and fire resist. Leftovers can make it usable over arceus who has to accept a sr weakness and horrible flying typing to gain a spike immunity.

I like Abomasnow... It counters Kyogre, Water/Grass Arceus, Kingdra, Manaphy, Venasaur, Whimiscott [Ice Shard], and can check Groudon, Scarf Palkia, Excadrill, Ground Arceus, among others.
It can stall with Leech Seed and Hail damage using Protect, and can be a permanent stop to weather sweepers like Venasaur from sweeping.
Abomasnow can instead be a very handy surprise revenge killer and check thanks to holding a Scarf. Backed by Blizzard, Wood Hammer, and Hail Abomasnow can pose an immediate threat to the likes of Thundurus and co. and wreak havoc upon them.

Abomasnow: @ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
(+SpD, - Spe)

Leech Seed
Protect
Blizzard
Wood Hammer

or:

Abomasnow: @ Scarf
252 SpA / 28 Atk / 228 Spe
(+Spe, - SpD)

Blizzard
Wood Hammer / Grass Knot
Focus Blast
Hidden Power Fire

1 Speed above neutral natured Shaymin-S as well as the Genies, and other postive-natured base 110s, while lowering SpD to better handle physical priority from foes like Rayquaza. With just powerful enough attacks to hit the strong Ubers super effectively off their weaker Defense, notably Groudon and Kyogre, in addition to non-ubers like Tyranitar, Latios, etc., a Scarf Abomasnow can disrupt weather teams, and slower offense teams alike.

I use the following 5 Pokemon in Ubers:

1: Shuckle (F) @Leftovers
Sturdy
Impish Nature (+ Def, -Sp. Atk)
EVs: I forget the exact spread... but I go to 559 in both defences, so that's 252 in Sp. Def for sure, and because of Impish, I can invest more in HP than I would've normally been able to.
Moves:
Power Split / Toxic / Rest / Bug Bite
Power Split is really awesome against offensive Pokemon, as it shares my horrible offensive stats with them, meaning Bug Bite usually does SOMETHING. I use Toxic to wear Pokemon down, then Rest when I need healing greater than Leftovers provide.

2: Whimsicott (M) @Leftovers / Choice Scarf
Prankster
Calm Nature (+ Sp. Def, -Atk)
EVs: 252 in both Defences, 4 in HP.
Moves:
Switcheroo / Leech Seed / Protect / Substitute (with Choice Scarf)
Leech Seed / Protect / Substitute / Stun Spore (with Leftovers)
You may have been thinking that a Choice Scarf was pointless on a Prankster Whimsicott, but it means that I can mess up an opponent's strategy with a Choice Scarf. I think it's better than using Band or Specs because it could potentially make them an offensive threat to me. Scarf allows me to keep Whimsicott up. Priority Leech Seed + Leftovers heal me after Substitute, and Protect stalls another turn, adding up to more HP recovered. Stun Spore slows attackers, and forces switches. Also, there's no limit to how many Pokemon can be paralyzed.
Other Options:
Memento: This is if I am for SURE going to die, or just want to force a switch. I use this in place of Stun Spore.

3: Blaziken (F) @Nothing / Focus Sash
Speed Boost
Adamant Nature (+ Atk, -Sp. Atk)
EVs: 4 HP, 252 each in Atk and Spd.
Moves:
Hone Claws / Hi Jump Kick / Acrobatics / Blaze Kick (w/o item)
Hone Claws / Hi Jump Kick / Blaze Kick / Protect (with Focus Sash)
Hone Claws boosts my Attack even further, and increases my Accuracy so that I don't get Hi Jump Kick's recoil as much. Blaze Kick is the Fire STAB, and Acrobatics is for additional coverage. I don't have an item as Acrobatics' power is doubled if I'm not holding anything. However, I can easily be KO'd, so a Focus Sash is a good idea, in which case I drop Acrobatics and put in Protect.
Other Options:
Baton Pass: With Speed Boost, and a Hone Claws boost, Blaziken can effectively create a fast physical sweeper that can use inaccurate attacks easily.

4: Smeargle (M) @Focus Sash / White Herb
Own Tempo
Bold Nature (+ Def, -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Spd, 4 Sp. Def.
Moves:
Spore / Shell Smash / Baton Pass / Substitute
OR:
Spore / Mind Reader / Sheer Cold / Protect (Don't use this with White Herb)
The first set uses Smeargle's capabilities as a Baton Passer. Spore is an accurate way of putting an opponent to sleep, Shell Smash raises Atk, Sp. Atk, and Spd by 2 each, at the cost of -1 in Def and Sp. Def. White Herb ignores the defensive drop, so you could easily pull another Shell Smash off without lowering Defences too much. Substitute is always useful to Baton Pass.
The second set uses Spore to make the opponent fall asleep, then hits with a OHKO move. Sometimes these are banned, though, so this version of Smeargle isn't the best. Note that this set is completely blocked by any Pokemon with Sturdy.

5. Aron (Lv. 1) @ Shell Bell
Sturdy
Jolly Nature (+ Spd, -Sp. Atk)
EVs: Anything.
Moves:
Endeavor / Protect / Aerial Ace / Sandstorm
This is one of the best FEAR Pokemon out there, as it doesn't have to use a Focus Sash to get to 1 HP. Endeavor drops the opponent's HP to 1, and preferably, Sandstorm finishes them off. Aron recovers ALL it's HP due to the Shell Bell, and is ready for another Endeavor. Note that some Pokemon are resistant to Sandstorm, so Aerial Ace is a good alternative as it never misses, so Pokemon that spam Double Team, etc. or have Sand Veil are always hit. Protect is just protect. Aron needs another filler move.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
TECHNICALLY Blaziken shouldn't be on that list because it actually IS uber, but i don't think anyone actually counts it as such.

also with that Shuckle set you HAVE to max HP. IIRC Shuckle can only get like 250 max HP.
so the EVs should be 252 HP,SpD/ 4 Def also you want 0 Atk and SpA IV's to ensure Power Split has max effect

Currently, Honchkrow.

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
(+Atk, - SpA)

Sucker Punch
Thunder Wave/Pursuit
Superpower
Brave Bird

I still remember Gen. Empoleon's UberSect build for Parasect. It's done well, and I've edited it to include Hone Claws.

Parasect @ BrightPowder

EV Spread: 84 HP, 252 Atk, 172 Def
Attacks:
1 - Spore
2 - X-Scissor
3 - Light Screen
4 - Hone Claws

Hone Claws allows X-Scissor to do more damage while I await the switch. With a SubVoidPlot Darkrai lead and Kyogre, my team can include Parasect with little consequence. Still wondering if I should replace Light Screen with Stun Spore for Double Powder fun, if only because of SleepClause.

At any rate, it survived a Chandelure's Overheat once. Barely, but it survived. I wonder if I should tweak my EVs or if I should be cheering with joy at Parasect's successfulness (under usual circumstances).

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Brightpowder is banned from Smogon's metagames and it gets Swords Dance so idk why you'd use Hone Claws. Plus, Parasect is pretty bad to begin with...

If you want to use Parasect, use Leech seed/spore/x-scissor/filler (Sub/Stun spore/idk). But honestly, I don't think it'd work out. Parasect failed -very- miserably last gen tbh but at least it got a sleep mechanic boost/leech seed this gen so...we'll see.

Brightpowder is banned from Smogon's metagames and it gets Swords Dance so idk why you'd use Hone Claws. Plus, Parasect is pretty bad to begin with...

If you want to use Parasect, use Leech seed/spore/x-scissor/filler (Sub/Stun spore/idk). But honestly, I don't think it'd work out. Parasect failed -very- miserably last gen tbh but at least it got a sleep mechanic boost/leech seed this gen so...we'll see.
Alrighty. Tried bringing him with me to Smogon's Standard Ubers/Dream World Ubers on PO. He got denied. Replaced BrightPowder with Leftovers as a double take, then he got denied again.

Might consider Abomasnow, Torterra or Shedinja for replacement with him temporarily boxed for now. On the main PO server Parasect's a great boon.

Excadrill is uber strong, as well as TTar. Ferrothorn is also the best pokemon in ubers imo (though it's not my favorite it's super annoying -____-). Wobb is actually pretty cool in ubers too, being able to check Mewtwo, and kill Scarf Pokes.

I've really enjoyed using moody smeargle and a cresellia as a defensive core. Funny thing is, it worked better then a lugia.

Dugtrio with Sub/Hone Claws theoretically wrecks choiced Zekrom, but you'd really have to watch out for Struggle since it breaks your subs. Also, if the Zekrom's not choiced after all then there goes your setup.

Rain Killers:
Xatu (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 255 HP / 255 Def
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Trait: Wonder Guard
EVs: 255 Atk / 255 Spd
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)