Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me and LightWolf does still need a ref!

nEsp said:
Open Challenge!

3v3 Rotation Battle!
DQ: 2 Days
No recoveries, no chills.

Arena:

An empty space. There's only a 20x20 square meters platform for the pokémon to battle on. The pokémon cannot be knocked off the platform, nor can the platform be destroyed. There's no external water source, and digging is prohibited. Moreover, the emptyness of this place prevents any weather from being summoned. There is not even air here, so sound based attacks will also fail, as sound cannot be transferred in vacuum. I don't know how, but the pokémon and trainers aren't bothered by the lack of air in any other way then that one trainer doesn't hear what the other trainer commands his/her pokémon to do! In other words, actions are PM'd to the ref, not posted in the thread.

Switching between pokémon are only permitted before the first action of the round, and any switching is PM'd to the ref alongside the actions.

Summary:

-20x20 square meters platform.
-No air, water nor digging.
-No weather or changing of weather.
-Actions are PM'd to the ref instead of posted in the thread.

Oh, and I'd rather if you'd only bring NFE's, as I will do the same.
LightWolf said:
Accepting NEsp's challenge.

Switch=Rotation
All abilities
Items are nope

I challenge one whom I have not faced!

2v2 Singles
1 recovery/3 chills
1 Day DQ
Arena: Dry Plain no.33
NFEs only (1st stage)

A dry plain. It's quite simple, really.

Apparently you cannot quote quotes, so me and Maxim have a battle that hungers for reffing a couple pages back.

Us said:
Sorry for the double post, but I'm challenging Leefhoof to a Rotation Battle

3v3 Rotation
2 Day DQ
5 chills/ 2 recoveries
Unevolved pokes only
Sword and Shield Gym

In case you're wondering about how this is going to work, check this thread out
So what do you think? are you in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat LEETHOOF
I accpetssssssss

Abilites=One
Switch=OK
Items=no they confuse me
End of the page syndrome needs to refs to help cure it.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Since I need to get some ref tokens, I will ref:

- Arcanite vs barty the beetle

- Leethoof vs Maxim

PM teams.

---

Also, Open challenge:

4 vs 4 doubles
DQ: 1 day (2 days for the ref)
Limits: 0 Recovers / 0 Chills (oh no you didn't)

Arena: Ageless Sanctum

This sanctuary is a paradox of reality trapped away in a pocket universe, much like the reverse world. This sanctum only benefits one person, however, and that's its tenant: Frosty (Rising_Dusk is the owner <_<). We're in a different room of the sanctum today, however, and this time it operates to clone two of Frosty's Pokemon for the duration of the battle! Frosty will use 2 Pokemon that each exist twice in the same battle, meanwhile his opponent will have to select 4 different of his own Pokemon to battle with.

Summary:
Frosty sends the ref only 2 Pokemon.
Frosty's Pokemon are cloned once in the arena and thus exist twice and are treated as unique Pokemon for battle purposes, but earn double counters since they are in the battle twice.
Opponent sends the ref 4 Pokemon that are played as normal.
No other arena effects.

Challenge #1: Time to try Triples.
3v3 Triples
36 hour DQ
0 Recoveries/3 Chills
Boring tournament arena.

Challenge #2:
6v6 Doubles
2 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/5 Chills (per match-up)
Waterfall Colosseum:

Field Type: Water
Complexity: Moderate
Restrictions: Team Battles only, no digging

This arena is specifically made for a "Team Battle". Here is an example of a Team Battle for a 3v3 Singles: each trainer brings 4 Pokemon. Once they see each other's teams, they PM the ref the order they want their Pokemon to battle. Then, a series of 1v1's take place, Trainer 1's first Pokemon against Trainer 2's first Pokemon, etc. Best out of 3 is the victor (if there is an even amount of battles, like an 8v8 Doubles, the winning Pokemon from each match will be fully healed and the trainers will reorder their Pokemon via PMing the ref). For the actual arena, it is on the side of a mountain on an island. There is a platform built with an arena painted on the stone floor. There is a waterfall flowing down the mountain and into the arena. There are stone pillars just outside of a moat created by the water coming in. Otherwise, the only specific restriction is that there is no digging, because it is a stone floor. There is enough water for continuous use, any weather can take place, the whole structure can endure seismic activity. Enjoy Team Battling!
Even if one person wins the first two match-ups, we are having the third for counters.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I should warn people who accept either of these, I shall be using FE's.

ToastTyrant13 said:
ALBINO! I have to kick your ass soon. 2 losses and a Tie...I can't stand for it! :'D

Challenging Albinoloon
2 v. 2 Strongmon Singles (no babies this time)
2 Day DQ
6 Chills / 3 Recoveries

Arena: Raised Plateau

A raised plateau in the middle of Minnesota. The flat battlefield is lined with lush green grass, and there's not a cloud in the sky. Nearby lies a river, allowing for the use of water type moves as well. In general, all moves can be used.

Due to occasional gusts, there is a 1 in 10 chance at the end of each round that 2 wild Sunkern will roll into the middle of the battle; those of which the competitors must defeat before the battle resumes.
Accepting
One ability
No items
Switch=no
Bump from last page AGAIN. >_>

Would an awesome ref be up to taking this? Please? :<

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
OPEN CHALLANGE
I MEAN CHALUNGE
CHALEDGE
CHA-you'll get it

3v3 Doubles
2 Day DQ, 3 Day for refs, everyone also gets one 24-hour extension if something comes up and they need it badly
Let's make it 3 chills, 3 recoveries
hmm, arena... how about this?
okay the last time I made this arena it got kind of boring as both EM and I ignored the stage, so I'm going to make it a little more central to the game.

Every pokemon carries a portal gun. For 3 energy, the pokemon can fire either a yellow or a blue portal. Keep in mind that it takes one action to shoot one portal, so the first time you want to teleport something from place to place, you'll effectively need two actions.
Also, there are only two portals total for all of the pokemon as the portal guns are all on the same frequency :3
Therefore if you choose to shoot a yellow portal, and there is already one out, the yellow portal is moved.

Also, if the ref determines you come into range of one of the turrets, you take a 3 base power multihit Steel-type attack from Rank 3 Attack. (Refs should treat this as a Steel-type Icicle Spear, basically) The turrets do get STAB. Each turret has 40 base health btw (they are in the positions in the screenshot) but if you knock one over it becomes ineffective anyways.

So anyways I want to try this arena out, it should be fun! Hopefully someone will be willing to ref it too :D

EDIT: this is a NFE battle

OPEN CHALLANGE
I MEAN CHALUNGE
CHALEDGE
CHA-you'll get it

3v3 Doubles
2 Day DQ, 3 Day for refs, everyone also gets one 24-hour extension if something comes up and they need it badly
Let's make it 3 chills, 3 recoveries
hmm, arena... how about this?
okay the last time I made this arena it got kind of boring as both EM and I ignored the stage, so I'm going to make it a little more central to the game.

Every pokemon carries a portal gun. For 3 energy, the pokemon can fire either a yellow or a blue portal. Keep in mind that it takes one action to shoot one portal, so the first time you want to teleport something from place to place, you'll effectively need two actions.
Also, there are only two portals total for all of the pokemon as the portal guns are all on the same frequency :3
Therefore if you choose to shoot a yellow portal, and there is already one out, the yellow portal is moved.

Also, if the ref determines you come into range of one of the turrets, you take a 3 base power multihit Steel-type attack from Rank 3 Attack. (Refs should treat this as a Steel-type Icicle Spear, basically) The turrets do get STAB. Each turret has 40 base health btw (they are in the positions in the screenshot) but if you knock one over it becomes ineffective anyways.

So anyways I want to try this arena out, it should be fun! Hopefully someone will be willing to ref it too :D

Accepting this. Ref required.

items=on
switch=KO
Abilities=All

Also issuing my own Challenge!!!!

4v4 Doubles
1 Day DQ
2 chills, 3 recoveries
ASB Arena
NO FEs

2v2 Singles
36 Hour DQ (2 days for the ref)
10 chills, 5 recoveries
This is a trial for my gym arena
Cloud City
Field Type: Flying
Format: Anything
Restrictions:
1. Only the following Pokemon lines can use Rock Type moves:
Regirock, the Gigalith line, the Golem line, the Steelix Line, the Aggron Line, the Rhyperior line, Terrakion and Arceus. Also if the rock type move is 4x SE STAB is removed.

2. Electric Type moves don't hit SE unless it would originally have hit 4x SE, in which case it will only hit 2x SE. All paralyzing effects of Electric type moves is removed.

3. Ice type moves won't get STAB and all pokemon that don't gain STAB from Ice type moves will not be able to use special type Ice type Attacks. Hail has no effect on this rule.

4. Ice Type moves also can't hit for 4x SE, if they do ice moves will only do neutrul damage.

5. No Sandstorms.

6. Special Type flying type moves have a 10/100 chance to crit. Refs should use that on the RNG instead of standard.

Aaah Cloud City, or rather a perfect replica of it built in the middle of Route 129, Hoenn Region close to Ever Grande City. Made by the stinking gazillioaire from a foreign region and run by MB. MB runs the city not only as life-mayor, but is also Head of the Police force and is often called upon for detective work, and finally he is also the gym leader. This city heavily favours Flying Type Pokemon due to several instalments ment for comfort but also cancels out Flying Type pokemon's weakness'. For example there are no rocks in the city, meaning only a handful of pokemon can use rock moves, these pokemon usally have rocks as part of there body. Lightninng rods are used to store electricity but they alo draw a lot of power away from powerful electric type moves. There is also a temperature leveling system (TLS) which keeps the tempature at a certain level. This however, nerfs the ice type attacks as residents like tropic temperatures all day all night (apart from on ski day but MB takes a day off on that day as well!). The person in control of the TLS is also bias towards MB (MB doesn't know of this), so 4x SE ice type attacks will do neatrul damage because the person will turn up the arena's tempurature! Also Sandstorm may not come into effect as the gym arena isn't near the beach which unlike other aspects of the city, is natural. There is also an active oxygen machine which keeps the air fresh. This also (unintentionally of course) give special based flying type moves a 10/100 chance to crit.

And as a final statement, Cloud City is the ultimate flying type battling field.

Also whoever replies to this may only bring one flying type.

2v2 Singles
36 Hour DQ (2 days for the ref)
10 chills, 5 recoveries
This is a trial for my gym arena
Cloud City
Field Type: Flying
Format: Anything
Restrictions:
1. Only the following Pokemon lines can use Rock Type moves:
Regirock, the Gigalith line, the Golem line, the Steelix Line, the Aggron Line, the Rhyperior line, Terrakion and Arceus. Also if the rock type move is 4x SE STAB is removed.

2. Electric Type moves don't hit SE unless it would originally have hit 4x SE, in which case it will only hit 2x SE. All paralyzing effects of Electric type moves is removed.

3. Ice type moves won't get STAB and all pokemon that don't gain STAB from Ice type moves will not be able to use special type Ice type Attacks. Hail has no effect on this rule.

4. Ice Type moves also can't hit for 4x SE, if they do ice moves will only do neutrul damage.

5. No Sandstorms.

6. Special Type flying type moves have a 10/100 chance to crit. Refs should use that on the RNG instead of standard.

Aaah Cloud City, or rather a perfect replica of it built in the middle of Route 129, Hoenn Region close to Ever Grande City. Made by the stinking gazillioaire from a foreign region and run by MB. MB runs the city not only as life-mayor, but is also Head of the Police force and is often called upon for detective work, and finally he is also the gym leader. This city heavily favours Flying Type Pokemon due to several instalments ment for comfort but also cancels out Flying Type pokemon's weakness'. For example there are no rocks in the city, meaning only a handful of pokemon can use rock moves, these pokemon usally have rocks as part of there body. Lightninng rods are used to store electricity but they alo draw a lot of power away from powerful electric type moves. There is also a temperature leveling system (TLS) which keeps the tempature at a certain level. This however, nerfs the ice type attacks as residents like tropic temperatures all day all night (apart from on ski day but MB takes a day off on that day as well!). The person in control of the TLS is also bias towards MB (MB doesn't know of this), so 4x SE ice type attacks will do neatrul damage because the person will turn up the arena's tempurature! Also Sandstorm may not come into effect as the gym arena isn't near the beach which unlike other aspects of the city, is natural. There is also an active oxygen machine which keeps the air fresh. This also (unintentionally of course) give special based flying type moves a 10/100 chance to crit.

And as a final statement, Cloud City is the ultimate flying type battling field.

Also whoever replies to this may only bring one flying type.

Canceling my old challenge and
Accepting!

Switch=KO
No items
One Ability

Challenging Fire Blast to a 1v1 Doubles!

Mon gets cloned, game over when real mon is KO'd, 2x counters. You know the drill. 1 Day DQ, Switch=KO, no Recoveries or Chills.

So I now have a buttload of fully evolved Pokemon, so lets trot a bunch of them out and have some fun.

6 vs 6 Brawl!
2 day DQ
0 recoveries/2 chills
WARNING: I will be using mostly, if not entirely fully evolved Pokemon
ASB Arena (it will be hard enough on the ref without adding in funky conditions XD)

1v1 Singles
1 Day DQ - I will be using a Shuckle so we don't want to drag this out any more than necessary
Unlimited Recs/Chills
Arena: Some sort of desert. No water source. Sunlight is default weather, no rain or hail.
This may seem slightly biased towards my shuckle but you have the advantage of knowing I'm using shuckle.

So I now have a buttload of fully evolved Pokemon, so lets trot a bunch of them out and have some fun.

6 vs 6 Brawl!
2 day DQ
0 recoveries/2 chills
WARNING: I will be using mostly, if not entirely fully evolved Pokemon
ASB Arena (it will be hard enough on the ref without adding in funky conditions XD)
Mine!! Ill take this opportunity to get some counters my FE guys too.
Items - none
Abilities - All
Switch - lol

now we just need a ref to come along and quick ref this bad boy *cough*Korski*cough* :p

1v1 Singles
1 Day DQ - I will be using a Shuckle so we don't want to drag this out any more than necessary
Unlimited Recs/Chills
Arena: Some sort of desert. No water source. Sunlight is default weather, no rain or hail.
This may seem slightly biased towards my shuckle but you have the advantage of knowing I'm using shuckle.
Accepting
Items = None
Abilities = 1
Switch = Energyball Jellicent (it means no)

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Oof okay.

We're going to need more people willing to ref. If people aren't reffing, ASB will eventually die down and that's not going to be fun. It doesn't matter if you think you'll "suck at reffing". Not only is your reffing better than no one reffing, but you'll learn the ins and outs of reffing and battling by actually just reffing, aka just do it. Help yourself, help each other. Plus, ref tokens! Yum!

If you don't have a reffing profile yet, sign up here. Don't worry, even if you're just reffing one match at a time, that's fine. If most of us were reffing one match at a time, hey, at least some of these matches would be reffed by now!

Reffing isn't anything to be scared of. You don't have to make huge text walls to tell your story. Even if you make it Destiny Warrior-style, hey, at least it's something! Just roll the RNG, see what happens (which is exciting btw), and play out your players's actions.

ok, im tired so im having a little trouble picking out which ones are taken and which ones arent, so bear with me.

Reffing C$FP vs Fire Blast Triples
Reffing Toast Tyrant vs Albinoloon Singles
Reffing Lord Jesseus vs Pikapwnd crazy shuckle fight of uber shuckletasticness

Everyone PM me teams!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)