Sports Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The absolute best PPV I have seen in the PG era. The main event was simply masterful (well, from Punk's side anyway) and it is the first match since Taker v HBK 1 to give me the chills. Simply breathtaking.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
a great main event ruined by WWE's insistence that Cena cannot lose a match fairly under any circumstances. Can we just let the screwjob die already?
IMO that was a fair loss, he had him pinned 1-2-3 in the middle of the ring with no interference. Thats the cleanest i've seen John Cena lose for years...

Anyway BEST PPV SINCE WM17 YEAH. Also Sky+ is so good I get to watch this masterpiece for free and can keep a copy and watch it forever. Will still get the DVD of this because it was THAT good.

a great main event ruined by WWE's insistence that Cena cannot lose a match fairly under any circumstances. Can we just let the screwjob die already?
Why the fuck would they let their top face lose cleanly to a heel who isn't even booked as a particularly strong character?

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
because their top face hasn't lost cleanly to anyone ever and i'm sick of having my intelligence insulted. that was a fantastic match and the ending left a very bitter taste in my mouth. matches of that importance shouldn't end in interference - imagine if hbk/undertaker ended like that.

credit where it's due though - that's easily the best match i've ever seen cena put on. he made punk look great.

it also looks like vince is trying to build up some more fan support for cena by turning on him ala austin in the attitude era.

wrestling just sucks ass now, cm punk seems to be the only dude that brings back the whole "Attitude era". Until WWE's contract ends with USA network, expect the same old generic boring story lines and PG ratings and John Cena always the wwe champion.Triple HHH looks like a fucking joke now as Chief Operating Officer, good thing Shawn retired...

wrestling just sucks ass now, cm punk seems to be the only dude that brings back the whole "Attitude era". Until WWE's contract ends with USA network, expect the same old generic boring story lines and PG ratings and John Cena always the wwe champion.Triple HHH looks like a fucking joke now as Chief Operating Officer, good thing Shawn retired...
See you next Monday.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
I bet you guys want me to come back but i'm retired!!!

Anyway,Cena sucks Orton's cool but my fav after he left(my username) has been the Rated R superstar(also my best player on smackdown vs raw11).Sadly he's gone too,oh how i miss his spears and that psychotic look on his face when he'a charging himself to spear.Now i'm all for christian but from the first RAW episode i saw i've hated Cena(i loved to watch the Nexus kick his butt)and that will never change.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
So what does everyone think about the conspiracy angle on RAW? I'm personally a fan of Awesome Truth, but I hope that Kevin Nash stays out of the picture. All Nash really did was waste valuable time building up a feud with CM Punk and then it turns out he couldn't even wrestle the match at Night of Champions thanks to failing a physical, so they had to change it to Triple H. Now he's doing a movie...I don't really understand why they brought in a 52-year old injury-prone guy to attempt a feud with CM Punk instead of having him continue his feud with John Cena.

Sign up as a GA member to watch ROH's TV show for free every Thursday, it airs on Mondays for those who have ROH TV in their local listings or is a ring side member (ring side members have to pay).

Last week's main event between Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team of Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin v. The Kings of Wrestling was awesome. :)

www.rohwrestling.com

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So, Kane is coming back... With the mask! They're really pushing the Attitude Era again, which is great. I haven't watched for ages but this has been enough to get me back into it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq_SBYm-vac

Last night's promo on Raw, Kane has the mask back on but I don't know how long it'll be until he returns. I was speaking with a friend and we think he'll enter the Royal Rumble and beat his own elimination record (beating the all-time elimination record in the process) but probably not win it (again)!

He'll obviously return before the Royal Rumble, as I can't imagine them running these promos for what would be over two months. I think he'll even return in December - but personally I'd have liked him to return a week or two before the Rumble, smash through some 20-man teaser thing on Raw / SmackDown and then boss the real thing. It's hard to see how else they can make his return have the kind of impact it needs.

They should have done this a long time ago.

Unfortunately all the little children who watch nowadays probably have no clue kane even had a mask.

And I haven't watch wrestling in about 5 years, still keep up a bit by going online and looking at results sometimes. Cena and shitty storylines drove me away.

You can miss an entire year of not watching wrestling and you won't even miss anything important. The matches are all predictable now, the divas have no talent at all, the rosters on both brands are most likely random as hell with no name people. It's a shame that wrestling is now targeted for the young audience, and its basically Cena fan boys or CM Punk fans who didn't give a fuck about him before becoming this whole new bad ass character. This past monday for the first time in years I decided to finally stop watching the show, it got blatantly annoying with the same Cena catch phrases in the beginning of the show.

I always asked myself why the hell am I watching this show, wasting two hours of my time watching a bunch of randoms with no mic skills nor talent wrestle.
Before the Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero deaths, WWE was great TV to watch as it was TV-14. Stupid Linda running for Senator a couple years ago was getting bad press about the Benoit incident so WWE changed into a kiddie show.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)