Dragon Alience

Hello, and welcom the my RMT, Dragon Alliance.
At a glance:

In depth:

Pest/Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252hp/50def/216Sdef
-Iron Head
-Thunder Wave
-Stealth Rock
-Wish

Description:
Jirachi is a useful little haxmaster, often being able to hax stuff to death. It's typing is useful, especially scince it's my only Dragon resist on a team with three Dragon types. It's Evs allow it to take hits well on both sides of the spectrum, which almost ensures that it will work its paraflinchhax magic. The movest is simple, Thunderwave and Iron Head form the paraflinchhax combo. Stealth Rock lets me set up a hazard, and break Focus Sashes, while Wish keeps Raichi and his teammates healthy which is good, considering that my team has two SR weaknesses and no spinner (I'm not using tauntbait, so don't even suggest it).

Synergy: Ground: Rayquaza, Salamence
Fire: Rayquaza, Salamence, Palkia,

Nagini/Rayquaza @ Lum Berry
Ability: Air Lock
Nature: Naive
EVs: 252atk/4Satk/252spd
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Overheat
-Earthquake

Description:
Rayquaza, the almighty weather neuterer and Dragon Dance sweeper. With excellent offensive stats and perfect coverage, Rayquaza is one of the most feared sweepers in Ubers, and for a good reason. After just one or two Dragon Dances, Rayquaza is ready the level everything. The Lum Berry gets rid of Outrage's confusion, or any other status that might get in the way of sweeping. It's movest insures perfect neuteral coverage, and the ability to kill a lot.

Synergy: Dragon: Jirachi
Ice: Jirachi
Rock: Jirachi

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Naive
EVs: 116atk/216Satk/178spd
-Draco Meteor
-Brick Break
-Fire Blast
-Roost

Description:
Salamence is Rayquaza's partner in crime, finishing up whatever bloody mess Rayquaza has created, or even starting one for Ray. The given EVs allow Salamence to outspeed positive natured base 90s, while still attaining impressive offensive stats. Draco Meteor is the main move here, putting a dent in most of the things it hits. Fire Blast provides amazing coverage, and murders Ferrothorn, which I love. Its coverage is complemented nicely by Brick Break, which insures that the pink blobs won't wall me. Roost provides a good way for Salamence to heal himself, and keeps him alive pretty long when combined with intimidate.

Synergy: Dragon: Jirachi
Ice: Jirachi
Rock: Jirachi

Voldemort/Darkrai @ Focus Sash
Ability: Bad Dreams
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4hp/252Satk/252spd
-Dark Void
-Dark Pulse
-Focus Blast
-Nasty Plot

Description:
Jeez, what a monster. I can't believe this thing was allowed in OU, even if it was only for a couple months. Darkrai is good at turning just about anything into easy set up fodder, making for a quick sweep. It's focus sash makes it easier to start up a sweep, which is done quite effectively thanks to the unresisted coverage between Dark Pulse and Focus Blast. Not much more to say other than what a beast this guy is.

Synergy: Fighting: Rayquaza, Salamence
Bug: Rayquaza, Salamence

Spacial/Palkia @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4hp/252Satk/252spd
-Spacial Rend
-Fire Blast
-Thunder
-Draco Meteor

Desription:
Palkia is my Kyogre spray, being able to take Kyogre one on one unless it gets parlyzed by Thunder.He is a good revenge killer and Kyogre switch in. Anyways, Spacial Rend is for a stab, Draco Meteor is for Darkrai and anything else I want dead. Thunder kills Kyogre and much less importantly, Water Arceus, while Fire Blast toasts Ferrothorn. So yeah, not much else to say here.

Synergy: Dragon:Jirachi

Arceus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multi Type
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 128hp/252atk/128spd
-Swords Dance
-Extremespeed
-Brick Break
-Shadow Claw

Description:
Fighting fire with fire baby, Arceus is designed to kill Arceus (as messed up as that sounds), with EV tweaks insuring that it outspeeds and destroyed oppsing extremekillers. Swords Dance is an excellent boosting move that turns it into a flatout wrecking ball. Extremespeed is deadly, doing a lot of damage to almost anything it touches. Shadow Claw ensures that Giratina and Ghost Arceus don't wall it, and Brick Break kills steels (especially Ferrothorn and Dialga. Lum Berry screws up things that try to neuter it.

Synergy: Fighting: Salamence, Rayquaza

Pest (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Wish

Nagini (Rayquaza) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Overheat
- Earthquake

(Salamence) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 116 Atk / 216 SAtk / 176 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Brick Break
- Roost

Spacial (Palkia) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Spacial Rend
- Fire Blast
- Thunder
- Draco Meteor

Voldemort (Darkrai) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot

Arceus @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Brick Break
- Shadow Claw

Final Glance:

Well, that's the team. I hope you enjoyed it. Any comments, suggestion, critisism etc are welcomed, rate away!

Me, for putting this team together.
You, for reading.
Aaragornbird, for drawing the pictures and putting sprites on his website.
Pokemonelite, for back sprites.
Alex 67, whose advice helped.
Chappers, for suggesting Wish on Raichi.

Ubers
Arceus-Extremekiller-Arceus

-Wallceus-Ugh
-Calm Mind-Arceus, Jirachi
Arceus-Bug
Arceus-Dark
Arceus-Dragon
Arceus-Electric
Arceus-Fighting
Arceus-Fire
Arceus-Flying
Arceus-Ghost
Arceus-Grass
Arceus-Ground
Arceus-Ice
Arceus-Poison
Arceus-Psychic
Arceus-Rock
Arceus-Steel
Arceus-Water
Blaziken
Darkrai-Dark Void-Stealth Rocks+Palkia
-Swords Dance-Nobody uses it, but possibly Jirachi and Palkia
-Choice Scarf-Palkia
Deoxys
Deoxys-A
Dialga
Garchomp
Giratina
Giratina-O
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Kyogre
Lugia
Manaphy
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Shaymin-S
Zekrom

Non-Ubers:
Bisharp
Blissey
Chansey
Deoxys-D
Deoxys-S
Excadrill
Dugtrio
Espeon
Whimsicott
Forretress-Standard Hazard Set-Set Up Fodder
Gastrodon
Gengar
Haxorus
Heatran
Heracross
Jirachi
Kingdra
Kyurem
Latias
Latios
Lucario
Ludicolo
Mew
Metagross
Ferrothorn
Hydreigon
Quagsire
Scizor
Chandelure
Shedinja-Swords Dance- Stealth Rocks, Arceus (Shadow Claw), Palkia (Fire Blast), Rayquaza (Overheat), Salamence (Fire Blast), Darkrai (Dark Void+Bad Dreams, Dark Pulse)... really not a problem.
Skarmory
Tentacruel
Terrakion
Thundurus
Tornadus
Tyranitar
Victini
Wobbuffett

When I Look at this team the very first thing that popped into my mind was the fact that rely on Jirachi heavily for support for your dragons. Since I'm not exactly pro i can't give any tips or anything on how to fix this... But it does seem to me that once jirachi is down alot of your teams synergy is gone. Hope this helps!

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
rule13 said:
You are only permitted to have one active RMT thread open at any given time. Don't post a new team every 2 weeks, wait some time before posting another RMT.
your other one is still active. follow the rules

your other one is still active. follow the rules
Sorry about that): If you want to, you can close the other one, I've probably gotten all the help I need(: Or, this could be an inactive RMT for now, and I can bump it once the other one is no longer active, whichever works for you(:

Scince this was reopened, I'm giving a little bump (don't worry this won't be followed by obbsessive bumping). I am not currently using this team, but I may test changes.

@ Flywinged-Raichi dies hard(:

Your team looks like it would have trouble taking repeated dragon attacks as once jirachi goes down you're in serious trouble. Have you considered switching out u-turn for wish to increase jirachi's longevity?

Ok here's a few of my thoughts:
-The Raymence strategy involved one of them using the mix set and then the other using the standard Dragon Dance not two Dragon Dancers. Also having half the team with boosting moves is a bad idea believe me. Anyway back to the Dragon Dance issue this strategy requires the entire team to be commited to it. Wobuffet is basically required and the rest needs to be able to take Ice and Dragon attacks well. I'd recommend dropping Mence and replacing it with Specs Kyogre since that would make you a little Chansey/Blissey weak and it helps Palkia and Jirachi with eternal rain.
-If you do this then Surf becomes substantially better then Draco Meteor on Palkia so I'd change that. Also Flamethrower will do piss damage in the rain so you may want to change to Focus Blast. Overheat will still be just as strong on Ray and I'd keep it to kill off Ferrothorn easier who is a little annoying.
-On a final note you only have a 75% chance of stopping the most dangerous sweeper out there so you may want to find a way to reinforce that outside of Will O Wisp. Giratina with Roar/Dragon Tail is a little more reliable but it's your call.

I mostly agree with what was said above but I really don't like running focus blast on something with access to aura sphere, the misses are completely horrible. Also, if you only ever fire blast ferrothorns it's more reliable than focus blast and the same power in rain, but switching out would make it pitiful damage, so a fighting move probably is the way to go.

I'd like to know how Arceus learns Aura Sphere tbh but anyway I still stand by my comment about Focus Blast.

Another problem I see here: you have only that one Dragon type resist. Darkrai is killed by essentially any dragon attack, and Arceus is 2HKO'd by most of them. Therefore, a Scarfed Palkia, Zekrom, Resharim, etc. is going to sweep your whole team. I would recommend changing the Arceus to Arceus-Steel:

Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
Nature: Jolly
-Swords Dance
-Iron Head
-Brick Break
-Substitute/Extremespeed/Cosmic Power/Refresh

That way, you get another Dragon-type resist that won't go out nearly as fast as Jirachi. Plus, it can kill Extremekiller Arceus much, much easier than your Arceus can.

Another problem I see here: you have only that one Dragon type resist. Darkrai is killed by essentially any dragon attack, and Arceus is 2HKO'd by most of them. Therefore, a Scarfed Palkia, Zekrom, Resharim, etc. is going to sweep your whole team. I would recommend changing the Arceus to Arceus-Steel:

Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
Nature: Jolly
-Swords Dance
-Iron Head
-Brick Break
-Substitute/Extremespeed/Cosmic Power/Refresh

That way, you get another Dragon-type resist that won't go out nearly as fast as Jirachi. Plus, it can kill Extremekiller Arceus much, much easier than your Arceus can.
I havn't had issues with Dragon massecres, but if it ever becomes a problem, I may consider this. Plus, I love Extremekiller.

Ok. First things first, your Jirachi can't wall everything. Second darkrai has a sash when you have no rapid spinner.
Third, you have too many fire type moves

Jirachi is here to take Latios and Palkia on... Darkrai is sometimes used as a lead. I hate Ferrothorn... Thanks for the input though.

Okay so originally, I was looking to get back into the uber metagame so I was looking for some teams to stea- I mean test. I chose this team due to it having an importable and me being lazy. Generally, I don't team rate much but I have gotten so much success with this team, top 10 multiple servers, that I decided to tell you my opinions as a way of thanks. Onwards with the rate!

Your jirachi set is fine so don't change it too much, but try conserving it to tank those dragon hits.

I do not like your twin dragon strategy. After a series of battles, I find salamence not pulling it's own weight for the team. It cannot switch in safely nor does it have the power to muscle through most walls. I do not have a proper replacement yet but I'll tell you salamence is definitely a weak link and a wall or pivot pokemon would be better

Next issue is the threat known as extremekiller arceus. If it gets 1 or 2 boosts, you lose,gg no rematch. It's also not painfully hard getting a boost either if the enemy has an darkrai or after the drop from Draco meteor. Thankfully, i found a solution. Ghost arceus running the extremekiller set proved to be a solid counter, as well as gaining stab in shadow claw to KO lugia.

Darkrai not much to say, but hazards mean the sash is useless and you just lost your safety net, but it has been useful every now and then.

Palkia is great and I often find him cleaning up mid game and then finishing with arceus. Great team dude. Props and I will continue using it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)