Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Match!

Beginner Battle
3v3
Doubles
DQ: 1 Day (2 for Ref)
Whatever the standard recover/chill rules are
Arena: The Nuclear Missile Silo
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All
Arena Type: None
Danger Level: Through the Roof
Restrictions: No weather, no seismic activity or digging, no water source, and use moves of BP over 12, or any electric or fire moves, at your own risk.

Welcome to one of the most secret places in the world, a U.S nuclear missile silo. Because it is so secret, you may only fight in it if you are invited by me (shinyskarmory) or someone else who has fought here before. The silo is a cylinder with a dome atop it. The diameter of the cylinder is 50 feet, and the ceiling is 60 ft up. The nuclear missile is inside the silo and has a diameter of 20 feet and a height of 50 feet.

Here's the catch: If you miss a move of over 12 base power, and it is NOT fire or electric type, then the move has a 50% chance of hitting the missile. The move will punch through the lead coating, causing all mons who set foot on the field to take 5 damage per round for the rest of the battle from radiation. No pokemon are immune under any circumstance, unless they haven't been sent out yet. This catch no longer applies if the missile takes off as in catch 3.

Catch #2: If you miss a fire type move of any BP under 12, it will strike the missile. There is now a (between 5% and 15%, ref discretion) BASE chance that the warhead will explode (if it does, see catch #4). This chance rises 5% times the (BP of the move used divided by 5.) If you get lucky and the warhead does not explode, count yourself lucky and DON'T DO IT AGAIN!!! This catch no longer applies if the missile takes off as in catch 3.

Catch #3: If you miss an electric type move of any BP under 12, you have the same rule as above with the possible warhead explosion. However, you also get a (5 divided by (BP divided by 12))% chance that your move will start the nuke launch countdown. If you start the countdown, all mons on the field will take 20 Fire-Type damage and be instantly burned at the end of the third round after the countdown starts. This is non-Protectable, but pokemon with appropriate abilities may benefit from the launch. After the launch, all moves are useable with no risk, because the missile is launched and is therefore not in the silo anymore.

Catch #4: If you miss a fire or electric move over 12 BP, or you get a bad RNG roll in Catch #2 or #3, the warhead goes off. God be with you.

(translation: battle ends instantly, is a loss for all participants. Participating mons may claim counters normally. The trainer who set off the warhead will not recieve any TC for the battle;other trainer (s) may collect TC normally. The ref may collect RC as normal-after all, it wasn't his fault, it was all on the RNG/guilty trainer/both.)

Any Takers?
This looks like some fun, and I just happen to have 3 baby mons to train.

Switch = OK
Items = NO
All abilities

EDIT: I will also ref Galladiator and pimpganster's 1v1, so send me some PMs.

well since it appears that my last brawl fell through, gonna reissue the challenge.

6v6 Brawl
1 Day DQ/36 Hour for Ref
1 Recovery/1 Chill
Standard ASB Arena for simplicity for ref

Also Im going to be using a mix of NFE and Freshly FE so a like team would be appreciated

EDIT: LAWL guess it didnt fall through im just blind, Challenge still stands tho, still needs a ref

well since it appears that my last brawl fell through, gonna reissue the challenge.

6v6 Brawl
1 Day DQ/36 Hour for Ref
1 Recovery/1 Chill
Standard ASB Arena for simplicity for ref

Also Im going to be using a mix of NFE and Freshly FE so a like team would be appreciated
Loool, I was just about to post a brawl.

I'll be using 2 NFEs, and 4 FEs.

All Abilities
Switch = Yes
Items = Yes No

Also, me and Ragnarokalex agreed to change to arena on IRC. It looks like this:

Nothing special, the elevators can be used, and the pokemon can't fall down. If the ref wants to do something special with the fireballs or the donkey kong, he can, but if not, then it is okay.

Issuing two challenges, both Open. I'm using FE pokemon.

1v1 Singles
1 Day DQ for Battlers, 2 Day For Ref
1 Recover, 2 Chills
Send Only One Pokemon to Ref
Arena: Tourney

1v1 Singles
1 Recover, 2 Chills

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Originally Posted by Fat Kaxtar
1v1 Singles
1 Recover, 2 Chills
Accepting the second one!
Abilities=ONE
Items=OFF
Switch=N/A

Also C$FP and I need a ref:

Originally Posted by Fat C$FP
1v1 Strongmon
1 Day DQ
1 Recovery/2 Chills
Tournament Arena
Oh yeah, and only send one Pokemon to the ref.
Originally Posted by Fat Korski
^^You don't care about items, huh. I accept!

Abilities=ONE
Items=ON
Switch=N/A

NFE Only Battle. 3v3 triples/Singles.
1day DQ for participants 2 for ref
1 recover 5 chills

The way the battle works is that there are 3 simeltaneous battles going on. In Three rooms. If you turn on the Switch = Ok this will allow the player ordering first to switch the positioning on one of his mon's. The player who goes second may NOT switch until Next round. If A pokemon Defeats his opponent, he is benched until one of his teamates is K0'd. Sounds Complicated. But it isnt. The rooms themselves are simple 30x30 rooms with a dirt bottom capable of seismic activity and digging. Each room is surrounded by a moat to give a source of water. If a pokemon is switched the feild effects of that room (reflect, tailwind, weather) Stay in the room Behind him.

It sounds Complicated But it really isnt. It should be fun =D

NFE Only Battle. 3v3 triples/Singles.
1day DQ for participants 2 for ref
1 recover 5 chills

The way the battle works is that there are 3 simeltaneous battles going on. In Three rooms. If you turn on the Switch = Ok this will allow the player ordering first to switch the positioning on one of his mon's. The player who goes second may NOT switch until Next round. If A pokemon Defeats his opponent, he is benched until one of his teamates is K0'd. Sounds Complicated. But it isnt. The rooms themselves are simple 30x30 rooms with a dirt bottom capable of seismic activity and digging. Each room is surrounded by a moat to give a source of water. If a pokemon is switched the feild effects of that room (reflect, tailwind, weather) Stay in the room Behind him.

It sounds Complicated But it really isnt. It should be fun =D
Ninja'd!
Stock Standard Rules (No Items, No Switch, All Abilities)

I'd like a 1v1, please. NFE only.

2 day DQ, 3 for ref
0 recover, 5 chills

Arena: Fire Gym Concept

I'll think up some flavor later, but for now I'll give you the short version.

Summary:
20x20 steel platform, 10 ft above a magma pit; falling in deals 10 damage and has a 35% chance of burning the Pokemon (unless it is a Fire-type)
Fire-type moves gain 1 BAP (before calculations)
Water- and Ice-type moves lose 1 BAP (before calculations)
10% chance of a random fire jet hitting one of the Pokemon (counts as a neutral-natured, 3 Sp. Atk Ember without STAB; Pokemon with Flash Fire take no damage but do not get the boost)

EDIT: Yeah, no digging or seismic moves, either. Sorry about that.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Due to total lack of free time (and motivation to continue here, TBH) I am offering these three matches I am reffing for a subref (who can keep all my RC if the rules allow that).

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3450746 (LupusAter vs Rediamond - 6vs6, 6KOs left)
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3452356 (Albinoloon vs LevitatingLamprey - 2vs2 2KOs left)
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3452710 (Maxim vs Leethoof - 3vs3 rotation battle - 5 KOs left)

To not be a total ass I'll continue to ref these battles until someone PMs me willing to subref (up to the end if noone volunteers). Not full reffings, but oh well.

I apologize to the players involved.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Its_A_Random wants another battle, preferably against someone I haven't battled before.

3v3 Rotation Singles
2 Day DQ Time
2 Recoveries, 5 Chills
Only Pokemon that can still evolve & nothing that evolves into it (i.e. Unevolved mons only)
No mid-battle evolutions
Arena:
Arena: The Turntables
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Moderate
Format: Rotation

Restrictions: No Weather, No Digging, No Seismic Activity, No Water Source, Artificial Field, Limited Ceiling, No Sound Based Moves

Description: Well, everyone's shrunk down to about a 100th of our real size & we're on your average Turntable that a DJ would use. The Turntable itself is about 1x2 metres in size, & about 1.5m tall. The discs that the Pokemon are on are Vinyl LP's & off the LP's is solid metal. The turntables are constantly in use & are blaring out with random music, rendering any sound-based move useless. Now, the fun part of this battle is that neither player gets the freedom to rotate their Pokemon to whatever they please, that's because the DJ of the Club (i.e. The Referee) will play around with them & rotate around instead.
At the end of every round the referee will use the power of RNG to rotate & decide the matchup for the next round. e.g. Trainer 1 has an Excadrill, Golurk, & Garchomp, while Trainer 2 has a Hippowdon, Gliscor & Camerupt. The ref will roll the RNG & rolls a 1 for Trainer 1 & a 3 for Trainer 2. So the matchup for the second round will be Excadrill vs. Camerupt.

Summary: Spinning around a lot, blaring music, constantly randomised matchups.

Anyone willing to battle?

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd like a 1v1, please. NFE only.

2 day DQ, 3 for ref
0 recover, 5 chills

Arena: Fire Gym Concept

I'll think up some flavor later, but for now I'll give you the short version.

Summary:
20x20 steel platform, 10 ft above a magma pit; falling in deals 10 damage and has a 35% chance of burning the Pokemon (unless it is a Fire-type)
Fire-type moves gain 1 BAP (before calculations)
Water- and Ice-type moves lose 1 BAP (before calculations)
10% chance of a random fire jet hitting one of the Pokemon (counts as a neutral-natured, 3 Sp. Atk Ember without STAB; Pokemon with Flash Fire take no damage but do not get the boost)

EDIT: Yeah, no digging or seismic moves, either. Sorry about that.
I'll take that Galladiator.

Switch: N/A
Items: No
Abilities: One

Also, can we use digging moves? I assume no.
I'll ref this one. PMs please.

Wahahahahahaha!

Battle Type: 2v2 Singles
DQ Time: 3 days
Restrictions: 2 recoveries/5 chills
Arena: Clay arena. Little to no water, but the ground is soft. There are also plenty of stones and boulders for Rock moves.
Music: Black Eyed Peas - Pump It

Like in all my previous battles, NFEs are preferred, but I'll eagerly take on all challengers!

begginers battle
2v2 singles
5 chills no recovers
asb arena
^Cool.

Switch=KO
No items
All abilities
I'll take this

Wahahahahahaha!

Battle Type: 2v2 Singles
DQ Time: 3 days
Restrictions: 2 recoveries/5 chills
Arena: Clay arena. Little to no water, but the ground is soft. There are also plenty of stones and boulders for Rock moves.
Music: Black Eyed Peas - Pump It

Like in all my previous battles, NFEs are preferred, but I'll eagerly take on all challengers!
Accepting!

Switch=OK
No Items
All Abilities

Edit: I shall be using NFE's
And this, PM teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)