Carcharodon Megalodon (Peaked #1)

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ladies and gentlemen, I'm glad to present the rise of a new threat, shown by this team ; being an OU top-tier monster does not protect you anymore from being savagely ripped off by the marvellous Sharpedo. That's it, take a seat, relax, and present your bones as a gift to this living God.
This team is themed a Sharpedo sweep, while being in the Clear Skies category, because being awesome is not sufficient for the godly shark ; you have to make harder so it really shines.
As a retirement, I'm proud to explain how works the magnificent Carcharodon Megalodon team !

"Aaaaah, Fresh meat."

RAPERAPERAPE (Haxorus) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Rivalry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dual Chop
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Brick Break

This thing eats galaxies for breakfast. I can't see a reason for not using it. To be honest, Earthquake and Brick Break are close to useless fillers. The main move is obviously Outrage. Outrage like a dick whenever you feel you can. With Adamant nature (432 atk), Choice band and Rivalry, Haxorus will tear you apart. To give an example of its raw power, Outrage can 2HKO Skarmory most of the time. It will also clean Excadrill, doing an average 98% to it (on a a dragon resistance, yes sir) while it can't OHKO back without holding a Life orb, meaning it dies to it. You can be tempted to use Mold Breaker, but Rivalry is far better in this team ; it secures some kills, in a weird way. Haxorus main role is to destroy / weaken my opponent's core so Sharpedo can shine later. Dual Chop allows me to kill some Thundurus if it has a Sub, or Breloom or... whatever using a sub. To be clearer, Thundurus takes 66-78% from one hit of Dual Chop, meaning the second hit will send it back to its pokeball.
Also, Haxorus can cleanly destroy stall, because it lures Steels in, so If I feel lucky I can bring Magnezone and proceed to rape.
Spread is somewhat basic but there is no need for being distinguised when you can shut down walls with ease.
[RAPERAPERAPE doesn't need an explanation I guess]

"Trespassors will be shot. Survivors will be shot again."

The Sentinel (Magnezone) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Charge Beam
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Luring steel creatures is a good thing... Killing them is better. It's Magnezone job, as well as taking some Outrages in the way. Spread reaches 210 speed, enough to outspeed everything it needs to outspeed. There is no need for more. 36 HP EVs also ensure that Ferrothorn Power Whip NEVER breaks your sub, even odd ones with a bit moar power. (Countering your counter, clever.) I've been undecided on the moveset for a while, but I've found that this is the best set to run atm. Charge Beam allows you to grow in strength and become an awful behemoth. Opponent getting Ferrothorn trapped means you'll get to +5 or +6 easily before you Fire it out. I was first using Thunderbolt over HP Fire but HP Fire allows me to OHKO Scizor all the time as well as Forretress (and Ferrothorn with a minimum of +1), because I figured that Scizor was a massive annoyance for my beloved shark of doom. Under a sub, it also hurts Excadrill a lot, making it easier to RK.
For Flash Cannon, it surprisingly offers a nice coverage, nailing Gliscor and Dragons with ease. Thunderbolt was just too redundant. Magnezone does it job, and can occasionnally even kill a Blissey, because +5 Flash Cannon is a clean 2HKO.
[The Sentinel is an awesome movie featuring Kiefer Sutherland]

"I'm a speed king you go to hear me sing,
I'm a speed king see me fly"

Speed King (Deoxys-S) @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 48 Atk / 252 SAtk / 208 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Low Kick
- Stealth Rock
- Psycho Boost
- Thunder

Best. Hazard user. Ever. Ever. Ever.
Seeing my Deoxys, people will often lead with their Rotom-W. Psycho Boost is a clean way to OHKO it. That's right, unless it packs more than 100 HP Evs, it's cleanly OHKOed. Unsuspecting Gliscors will also be destroyed (but they should be aware of Ice Beam anyway, shouldn't they ?). With this spread, Deoxys reaches 448 speed, outpacing Scarfed Rotom-W by 1 point. More speed is quite irrelevant as it removes raw power. It also OHKOes two of the main OU spinners : Hitmontop and Tentacruel. Stealth Rock is always a good move to use on an obvious switch, giving me important kills for the later game. Low Kick can 2 or 3HKO Ferrothorn depending on the spread but it's really useful for Tyranitar, which is always OHKOd in its usual versions. Thunder, while weird, can kill the annoying Starmie trying to spin on me. It will also OHKO offensive Politoed, which is pretty handy I have to say. Deoxys is never a dead weight as it packs moar power than you would think it does. Be careful, it's hot.
Last but not least about the spread, -SpDef nature still allows me to survive a Volt Switch from Rotom-W ; -Def nature would have allowed Scizor to OHKO me on Bullet Punch : now it can't.
[Speed King is the name of an awesome song from Deep Purple. Give it a shot.]

"The Lord giveth and The Juggernaut taketh away."

Juggernaut (Dragonite) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Punch

Definition of a Juggernaut : Something that can't be stopped. That's pretty accurate for Dragonite in my humble opinion. The spread is standard, allowing me to outspeed scarfed Jirachi after 2 DDs and Starmie/scarftar after one. Maxed Attack for MOAR POWER and remaining EVs in HP so it can live longer. Leftovers could have been replaced with a Lum Berry on another team, but here Leftovers are a staple ; weak Rapid Spins coming from Starmie / Tentacruel are recovered by the leftovers, restoring the marvellous Multiscale. It also negates weather damages. Dragonite is Magnezone and Haxorus brother-in-law while talking about steel-raping (with an exception for Heatran). Fire punch with an Adamant nature 2HKOs Skarmory and Ferrothorn is just OHKO'd with a Dragon Dance under my belly. Talking of this, it's really hard to OHKO this Dragonite, only a few things can : CB Haxorus, Kyurem, CBDragonite, and LO Mamoswine with Icicle Crash. Otherwise, I get a free DD, thanks. Dragon Claw is the mandatory STAB, and the Multiscale allow me to survive +2 Rock Slide from Excadrill with ease (implying it doesn't flinch). ExtremeSpeed is now a +2 Priority move, which is really important : I can easily come on a weakened Mamoswine and ES it before it IceShards, or ES an unsuspecting Thundurus before it Twaves. Dragonite can also be a last-standing sweeper if because of some weird hell my Shark is dead. Great Pokémon overall, never disappointing me.
[Juggernaut is a literal or metaphorical force regarded as mercilessly destructive and unstoppable]

"Thou shall not pass."

Garuda (Tornadus) (M) @ Flight Gem
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Acrobatics
- Brick Break
- Taunt

There is still one thing I haven't lured in order to pave the way for Sharpedo : Gastrodon. Joke apart, this thing rapes. Blissey, Gastrodon and various Special walls find it amusing to come in to take a happy Hurricane but... BUT. They shall not laugh. After a Bulk Up this thing will cause you much pain. The idea of this set has been taken from VGC and adapted to standard metagame. Jolly Tornadus packs 329 Atk, which one is always overshadowed by its SpA, while it shouldn't. The first Acrobatics I send, according to STAB, basepower, Jewel, has a massive 247,5 basepower. Gastrodon doesn't stand a chance, and Tyranitar is 2HKOd by Acrobatics + Brick Break. Flying + Fighting has been made famous with the UU rise of Staraptor, and I figured that many people don't pack enough flying resistances. It will also completely destroy any Virizion regardless of how much Calm Minds it has. +1Priority Taunt is the cherry on the cake, allowing me to completely laugh on Baton Pass teams. People should try this set before laughing, it's serious business. EV spread is a staple, as I want to outspeed Lati@s and at least speed tie other Tornadus/thundurus.
[Garuda is a fabulous bird from the Buddhist religion. It protects people.]

""It has been said that in the end of all things, we would find a new beginning. But as the shadow once again crawls across our world and the stench of terror drifts on a bitter wind, people pray for strength and guidance. They should pray for the mercy of a swift death... for I've seen what the Darkness hides."

Badass #1 (Sharpedo) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spd
- Aqua Jet
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Crunch

Ladies, contain your orgasms. Here comes the end of all things : Sharpedo. If I have correctly prepared the battlefield, it should only enter once, just to spread your guts all over.
First, the spread : I could have gone mixed, I could have gone 252/252 nobrain style, but I haven't. My Sharpedo is a classy Doombringer. 252 Atk and Adamant are staples, because MOAR POWER. 152 Speed EVs allow me to reach 264, a magical number ; after one speed boost, it will reach 396, outspeeding Jolteon/Aerodactyl, and after 2 Speed Boosts, it's a freaking torpedo landing at 528 speed, outpacing Scarfed Latios/Gengar, the fastest scarved 'Mons you're about to meet. To outspeed Excadrill in the sand, I would have needed a Jolly nature, which isn't possible because of the power loss. While having pathetic defenses, packing some HP Evs is not completely useless, as it allows it to withstand some weak moves like Gliscor's EQ or Scizor CB Bullet Punch with ease.
The moveset, now, because I hear people screaming and I can feel the Shitstorm coming ; just to give a clue about the raw power it's packing, TR Reuniclus is cleanly OHKOed with Crunch. Jellicent is also completely off. The only things tanking it must have been weakened before, as this team works on the Heavy Offense Scheme ; Same walls for everyone + lures.
I could talk about Sharpedo all night long, but the best you can do for it is giving it a shot ; he won't disappoint you, I swear.
[Badass #1. No comment. Only pure awesomeness.]

Offensive Threats

Aerodactyl - Sharpedo, Dragonite (factoring multiscale), Haxorus.
Breloom - Haxorus, Dragonite, Tornadus, Deoxys can OHKO.
Conkeldurr - Tornadus says hi.
Darmanitan - Free setup fodder.
Deoxys-S - Can be annoying, but max life dragonite deals with it most of the time.

Dragonite - Multiscale abuser can be annoying but I can catch it with Double Chop. DD/CB Versions are dealt with a mix of Magnezone/Dragonite.
Espeon - Annoying thing, Haxorus and Dragonite deal with it. Sharpedo does 200% on it, but I have to be careful because of Deoxys.
Excadrill - Adamant Balloon is a pain. LO Versions are easily destroyed thanks to Aqua Jet / recoil / ES / Fire Punch / Outrage, whatever.
Gengar - Tornadus outspeeds, Sharpedo destroys, free setup for Dragonite, Haxorus OHKOes, Deoxys OHKOes... Huh.
Gyarados - Deoxys and Haxorus deal with it.
Haxorus - Hard hitter indeed, but Psycho Boost OHKOes. DD version can be annoying if allowed to setup, but ES will take care of it afterwards.
Heatran - It can only setup on Magnezone and Dragonite, otherwise it's dead meat. And I love to weaken it so Sharpedo cleans. (Bulkiest versions aren't OHKOd otherwise)
Hydreigon - Specs can be tricky to deal with, but once the Meteor is fired, free setup.
Infernape - Useless piece of meat.
Jirachi - CM versions are a PAIN. Dragonite must be full life in order to take it, and Haxorus can OHKO with EQ if it's not full speed.
Jolteon - Annoying for Tornadus, but setup fodder for Sharpedo and Dragonite. Cleanly OHKOd.
Kingdra - Must be weakened for Sharpedo, but often OHKOd by other team members.
Kyurem - Scarf is a REAL pain with Blizzard.
Landorus - Setup fodder for Dragonite, destroyed by Deoxys/Sharpedo/Tornadus.
Latios - CM Versions are destroyed by Tornadus, Specs is setup fodder after a DM, Scarf is not common, thanks god. => Sharpedo fodder.
Lucario - Handily destroyed by Dragonite, Haxorus OHKOes it (yep sir.), as does Tornadus and Magnezone.
Machamp - Must be weakened to be OHKOd by Waterfall, but everybody OHKOs it, so...
Magnezone - Just weaken it with everybody, and no big deal.
Mamoswine - Can be a pain if LO.
Mienshao - Setup fodder for Dragonite, Sharpedo. OHKOd by Tornadus.
Reuniclus - Haxorus/Sharpedo OHKO the TR version. CM version is 2HKOd by Haxorus but cannot KO in return.
Roserade - Deoxys. Kthxbye. Dragonite/Haxorus too. Tornadus. Well... Poor Roserade.
Salamence - Stealth Rocks weaken it so I can destroy it with Tornadus. Anyway it can't setup.
Sawsbuck - In the sun it's a real pain. I have to keep Dragonite healthy, otherwise I'm in a deep hell.
Scizor - Weak piece of steel is 2HKOd by Haxorus, OHKOd by Magnezone, OHKOd by Dragonite, OHKOd by Tornadus.
Scrafty - Everyone. ;)

Smeargle - Tornadus prevents it from Sporing it it's a lead. Otherwise, it's a clean OHKO from everyone.
Starmie - LO Versions can be tough if Dragonite is not healthy, but with some luck (70%) Deoxys OHKOs as it always trys to Spin >.> Sharpedo cleans it.
Terrakion - Cleanly RK'd but it does damage. It cannot setup, but the scarf is an annoyance.
Thundurus - Surprisingly this thing makes me laugh. Psycho Boost OHKOes, as does Haxorus while it can't KO back with HP Ice, Dragonite kills it, and sharpedo eats this thing for breakfast.
Tornadus - Same scheme. I don't care.
Tyranitar - Low Kiiiiick. Outrage OHKOes. Sharpedo fodder. Brick Break. Heh...
Venusaur - See Sawsbuck.
Victini - Sharpedo loves it. Haxorus OHKOes. TR version can be awful but it's not common.
Virizion - Tornadus just doesn't care. Dragonite OHKOes, Haxorus OHKOes, Deoxys... !
Volcarona - Psycho Boost. KThxbye. Waterfall too. Outrage. No matter.
Weavile - Low Kick destroys it, and it takes 25% from SR. ES "outspeeds" it, but it can be annoying otherwise. Generally not a problem.

Defensive Threats

Blissey - Everyone loves it but Magnezone. Seriously not a problem, except for... Sharpedo (implying I doesn't flinch it.). 100% of the time it's killed by Tornadus.
Bronzong - On the "To-Do" list for Haxorus-Magnezone, this thing is bruteforced/lured in, paving a royal way for Sharpedo.
Celebi - Tornadus / Haxorus / Dragonite / Magnezone...
Chansey - Weak. As I have no special move on my team, this thing explodes like a balloon.
Ferrothorn - On the "To-Do" list for Haxorus-Magnezone, this thing is bruteforced/lured in, paving a royal way for Sharpedo. Setup fodder for Charge beam, giving me at least another kill.
Forretress - On the "To-Do" list for Haxorus-Magnezone, this thing is bruteforced/lured in, paving a royal way for Sharpedo. With Magnezone, I have to HP Fire because of volt Switch, unfortunately.
Gliscor - Haxorus / Tornadus 2HKoes after a Bulk Up.
Hippowdon - Haxorus biiitch.
Jellicent - Haxorus / Magnezone / Tornadus / Sharpedo.
Latias - Tornadus.
Ninetales - Deoxys / Haxorus.
Politoed - Deoxys / Haxorus / Magnezone.
Rotom-W - Deoxys most of the time, Haxorus / Dragonite.
Skarmory - Die in hell, please. The only thing really walling my team is a female 252/252 Impish Skarmory with Shed shell. I've seen it once and I really can't do anything besides crying.

Tentacruel - Deoxys / Haxorus / Tornadus.
Xatu - See Espeon.
Quagsire - Haxorus / Tornadus.

IN A NUTSHELL

According to my results, I can strongly affirm that this weatherless gimmick team has proven to be extremely strong If you can anticipate. Because it doesn't have a solid defensive core like most SS teams have, you should take into consideration any incoming threat. The lack of scarf is compensated by several priority moves, as well as multiscale from Dragonite, and the Speed boost. Sandstorm and Rain are actually quite easy to deal with. Sun is a pain but with cleverness you can beat it.
THE threat of this team is Shed shell Female Skarmory.

I hope you enjoyed reading my RMT.

I cant express how much fucking win is in this fucking team, fuck yeah

but also, Life Orb Starmie always OHKO's Dragonite with Icebeam..

I also think that Mold Breaker is the better option for Raperaperape..just for bronzong

This is one of the better teams I've seen. Good job! I think Deoxys with thunder would be your best bet on Skarmory, but even then it's still a monster. You're right. That thing walls you hard, but I don't know of anything you can add to take it out.

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
@jle1076 : On full-life Dragonite, Timid LO Starmie does 66.7% - 79.8% with Ice Beam. Looks like you forgot to take Multiscale into account, sir.
@Latchet : Sure, but most of the time, Skarmory has leftovers, so it's not a big deal. I was only mentioning the one thing on earth walling me.

Have a nice day.

WOW DUH yea mult-scale xD sorry about that. Everything else is just perfect to me, and ive ALWAYS wanted to try out speed boost Sharpedo but I never knew a good EV spread :P Now i do!

^re: starmie ice beam: not if factoring in multiscale Ninja'd :/
on that note, however, im pretty sure even an unboosted cloyster icicle spear can cleanly OHKO, but i cant be sure because the damage calculator isnt ignoring multiscale after the first hit

EDIT: if my numbers are correct, you're looking at 96.4%-113.7%, which is basically a surefire KO disregarding getting 4 out of 5 min damage rolls
In other words, 72-85 damage per hit...getting 36 (72/2) on the first hit means you need to average 75 on the other four hits for a ko, getting 42 on hit #1 means an average of 73.5 damage on the rest for a ko...so basically you'd need hax beyond belief to survive...but why youd keep dragonite in on cloyster i will never know

also, even if skarm doesnt have a shed shell, you dont have a way to cleanly OHKO with magnezone...it can whirlwind you out and survive

unless thats a moot point because all skarms now carry shed shell in fear of mag's tbolt, and since tbolt is only really useful on against skarm, and youre doing some weird counter to your counter thing where you dont waste the moveslot on an option that doesnt even work any more...

my head hurts from just thinking that...

===

and while i was reading this rmt, i kept thinking to myself "how does he plan on getting around shed shell skarm"?
then i saw the bright bold red SKARMORY near the bottom and i laughed :p

I think a Celebi could work over Deoxys. Rotom-W really troubles your team, as nothing likes to switch into its STAB attacks or a possible burn; baiting it with Deoxys isn't the most reliable strategy. Rain teams also give you trouble, as you lack a solid switchin to water attacks besides Dragonite, but he isn't lasting too long between the Stealth Rock weakness and lack of Roost. Celebi can check both of these threats while still setting up Stealth Rock. This will also give you another way to weaken Shed Shell Skarmory and Ferrothorn for a Sharpedo sweep.

Celebi @ Leftovers | Modest | EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Stealth Rock | Giga Drain | Earth Power | Hidden Power [Fire]

The speed EVs will outrun Modest Heatran. One small detail - I'd try Roost over ExtremeSpeed on Dragonite. You really need the extra longevity and MultiScale abuse if you want to beat sun teams. Give these ideas a shot, good team, congrats on the #1 peak.

Excellent team, I never thought I'd see the day where Sharpedo could do so well, but somehow you did, so congrats on that! At first glance this team doesn't seem to have any glaring weaknesses aside from Skarmory, which you already mentioned as public enemy #1, so a suggestion you might want to try is Fire Blast on Dragonite, which may seem a little unorthodox at first, but hear me out. Even with an Adamant nature, Fire Blast 2HKOes any Skarmory, giving you a nice check and allowing you to sweep right past by it if you're sweeping with it and Skarmory's taken a bit of prior damage. Also, for Deoxys-S, it might be an interesting idea to try Thunderbolt over Thunder so you won't have an issue with accuracy, though atm you seem to be working fine with it. Another suggestion to deal with sun teams might actually to change the spread on Deoxys-S to Psycho Boost | Superpower | Thunderbolt | Stealth Rock with Naive and 12 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe, holding a Life Orb. This way you can counter sun teams, outspeeding everything up to Sawsbuck (which is usually the fastest sun sweeper that people carry) and taking out a lot of threats while still laying hazards if needed. If you feel up to it you can put Ice Beam over SR though this means you'll lose hazards.

In all honesty those are the only really bothersome things that stood out to me, this team is very solid. Hope this helps!

I threw a sharpedo on my dracomagne team just now and its working pretty good. However I struggle against good players who have sand up and use their excadrill wisely for revenge killing and starmie poses as a big problem if i want to save sharpedo for the late game. But it definitely solved my latios/latias issue and it combats rain perfectly(except ferrothorn). I never realized how good the attack stat of sharpedo was until just now.

As for Deoxys, i tested out the spread and moveset on another team and it seems to fail to 100% Ko some politoads and rotoms and they just insta kill the deoxys on the same turn. It seems very situational and its like 50-50 if i get up rocks with it if I attempt the first turn kill.

I also agree with BKC to run Roost over ExSpeed, or run lum with the current set because after you take stealth rock damage leftovers isnt as useful especially with all the sand teams running around. Its extremely useful when facing haxrachis.

Last but not least congrats on making number 1 with uncommon pokes and thanks for enlightening me on the powers of sharpedo :)

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey,

You rely on checking so much stuff with a full-health Dragonite that you definitely need to run Roost on it, preferably I've ExtremeSpeed. I also dislike the idea of Charge Beam on Magnezone since you do pathetic damage to Skarmory who now just phazes you out. I don't know, if you really want to use Charge Beam I'd probably use it over Flash Cannon and replace Flash Cannon with Thunderbolt. This will probably work out for the better seeing as at +6 it won't really matter whether you're using Flash Cannon or HP Fire on stuff like Gliscor, and Thunderbolt still hits neutral targets harder.

Looking at your massive weakness against Scarf Politoed and Rotom-W, I fully support trying a bulky Celebi over Deoxys. Celebi provides you with another decent check to rain teams, and is very useful for luring in and KOing Heatran, paving the way for Dragonite or Tornadus to sweep. The set he mentioned is ideal for your team, although you could try out Leaf Storm instead of Giga Drain since you seem to be a fan of power :P

I'm also sort of doubting the effectiveness of Tornadus on this team, it hardly had any impact when I battled you, and you could really do with a revenge killer or weather changer as currently Excadrill rips your team apart, your only hope of beating it is Sharpedos Aqua Jet. So, what I'd suggest is trying out a Scarf Politoed over Tornadus. Politoed provides you with a revenge killer for Sawsbuck and Venusaur and neutralises their speed, it also gives you an Ice resist for the likes of Kyurem. Politoed means that you aren't at a disadvantage against opposing weather, not to mention it powers up Sharpedos attacks to insane levels. It also gives you insurance against a lot of threats, including DD Nite, Thundurus, and Scizor. The standard set of Hydro Pump | Ice Beam | HP Grass | Perish Song should work well. Definitely worth trying out.

Great team bro, and congrats on the peak. Good luck!

Awesome Sharpedo abusing team !
This team is pure power, man !
I don't have anymore suggestion since the people above just said to you.
Scarf Politoed can be really usefull on your team and provide pure power and can solve a lot of problems. If you decide to run Politoed & Celebi, remove HP grass from Toed and replace it with Focus Blast and don't forgot to replace Extreme speed with roost on your dragonite. This team can be a good Rain+2MagneDrago Team, maybe the new one.

Just thought I'd suggest trying hydro pump on Sharpedo, especially if you do use Politoed. (Though I don't think choice users are really this teams style) This will make it so imp Skarm won't do anything against you, and after 2 speed boosts you won't really need aqua jet anyway. Don't even think you will need a lonely / naughty nature and hydro pump / waterfall will wreck in the rain.

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey everyone,
Thanks for trying to bulk up the team, although I must say It've been built in a GlassCannon way, to keep an horrible sweeping rhythm ; therefore Celebi isn't a good solution, as it's a total free setup for Dragonite who will make sure I won't live its hits. Moreover, even if Celebi kills Rotom-W reliably, I prefer luring it.
This team has been built in an opposite way from bulky offence which represents 90% of team nowadays, and I'm trying to keep it fresh and new.
The lack of Choice scarf contributes to the permanent pressure, that's why several priority moves are necessary, explaining the staple ExtremeSpeed on Dragonite.
The only point annoying me, I have to admit it, is Skarmory not being OHKO'd by Magnezone. Nevertheless if it WW, you can see that every other team member can finish it, so it's not a big deal.
To the people offering me to change Thunder for Thunderbolt, I guess you haven't really read what I've written ; It's only to be used in rain so I can ensure free KOs. Outside of rain, it would be useful for killing Jellicent maybe, but Jellicent isn't a problem for the team.

@IronBullet, as it's the most complete proposition ; I can see what you're trying to do again : bulk up the team. However I think you lack my point of view, i.e. "Pure Offense mofo". Scarf Politoed can be used as a setup fodder or as a Haxorus anchoring, meaning I'll get several kills by sacrificing only one of my Pokes to the maximum. Your ideas are really good but they just won't fit in this team playstyle, as it's not to be played ingeniously like a defensive core should be.

About Sharpedo going mixed, I must admit that I've thought about it for a long time, but I would have to sacrifice Aqua Jet which is my way of killing many thing, because of the lack of defensive core ; Protect is just too important, and Waterfall/Crunch are irreplaceable.

Anyway thanks for the advices, and if this team was meant to be a bulky one, I'd do the changes, but it's not. I humbly think I've reached the maximum potential of Sharpedo's support in a Hyper offense way.

Have a nice day.

wow i thought this team was a gimmick until i tried it out, but its amazing.
I did have trouble with sun teams and excadrill though as aqua jet doesnt ohko, i think that ib93s suggestion of a scarftoed would work out quite well

Love the team gl

Grind Pantera

2 SR weakness and no spinner. That's something you gotta fix. How do you plan on keeping Dragonite healthy/Full health if you can't get rid of rocks? Even if Skarmory wasn't Shed shell, 1 Spike + SR is too much for your team. I suggest using Forretress instead of Magnezone.

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Replacing Zone with Forretress completely annihilates the team Strategy. It would be like eating a sandwich with no bread. I can't recommend this.

Seems like a very solid and balanced team.
About multiscale , if serebii's description is correct , then your dragonite WILL get OHKO'd by icebeam if there are stealth rocks. (wich is almost a continuous threat nowadays).

And for magnezone i'm wondering why u use charge beam and flash cannon ?
Havent seen that before and isnt thunderbolt just better?

Other then that i dont think i can comment anything , very nice job!

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Soulfly, in fact substitute + charge beam is a strategy allowing you to have some SpA boosts while killing your opponent. When you finish it you still have a substitute, meaning you'll done at least another kill because of your opponent's need to break to substitute in order to kill you. While facing Stall it becomes truly annoying because slower 'Mons can't kill Zone while being OHKO'd.
Flash Cannon allows Magnezone to touch nearly everything for neutral damage with Charge beam and HP Fire (and Lanturn can die in hell).

voila, anything else ?

Oh i see .
Well i was thinking magnezone as a pure trapper on your team but it seems its more then that.
And 1 question :P
Would there be a way to replace tornadus and deoxys - S or would the team totally loose its power then ?

as stop to drizzle teams, i suggest running

sub
thunderbolt
hp fire
sunny day

on your magnezone.
this helps you stop all weather except sun (less politoed problems and no more excadrill probs)

and maybe substituting deoxys with virizion?

Well, after netting your team and testing it out a little on PO, I found Dragonite to be highly unnecessary; I think there are certainly better options. I don't know what yet, but I rarely really found myself using it. The only real exception was to take a few stab Fighting attacks that I didn't think Deoxys could handle.

Tornadus is still a bit underwhelming too. Even with Bulk Up Acrobatics, it's just not working for me. Plus if you screw up, you have literally nothing on the entire team to take care of Gastrodon except for Haxorous, who can't switch in reliable.

As such, perhaps a SD Virizion over Dragonite could help with Gastro. Imo though, i'm just a noob at Wi-Fi xD.

Regardless of which, very good team, very creative. I'm seeing it everwhere, kinda like what happened with my DW team xD.

Good luck with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)