A team for Double Lines of Battle Subway

Hello everyone. I'm planning a team for the Double Lines (Normal and Super) of the Battle Subway (and, perhaps, other Double Battles like Random Machup's ones), but I have some doubts to close at least the movepool, and held items. OK, let's go to the team:

--------------------

Thundurus, Timid, Prankster

- HP Ice 70
- Discharge
- Nasty Plot
- (filler one)
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP (efforted)

It's here to make pair with Landorus with the Discharge + Earthquake combo. HP Ice and the filler for coverage.

Landorus, Naive (HP Ice 70), Sand Force

- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP

It's here to make pair with Thundurus with the Discharge + Earthquake combo. Rock Slide to attack both opponents, Outrage to have a Dragon attack.

Terrakion, Jolly, Justified

- Sacred Sword / Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
- Retaliate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP (efforted)

It's here to make pair with Volcarona with the Rock Slide + Heat Wave combo, and has a Fighting move for STAB.

Volcarona, Timid (HP Rock 68~70), Flame Body

- Quiver Dance
- Heat Wave
- Bug Buzz
- (filler 2)
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP

It's here to make pair with Terrakion with the Rock Slide + Heat Wave combo. STAB Bug Buzz and a filler for help (see options below).

OK, I suppose it's a very common team for Doubles, but I need some Battle Points, so. I also know it's an all-sweep team, which those Atk/SpA and Spe EVs, and using some smart move combinations (Thundurus' Discharge + Landorus' Earthquake, Terrakion's Rock Slide + Volcarona's Heat Wave).

--------------------

First, I have some minor questions:
1. For (filler 1), which option is better? Dark Pulse, Psychic, Grass Knot, Flash Cannon?
2. For (filler 2), which option is better? Rage Powder, Whirlwind, Will-o-wisp or even HP Rock?
3. Which is better for Terrakion: Close Combat or Sacred Sword?

--------------------

Now I have some major questions:
1. Do you have suggestions for the EV spreads? I think priorize Atk/SpA and Speed is good, but perhaps there are other, better options.
2. My Landorus has an all-physical moveset, but it is Naive. Maybe a mixed set for it will be good? Which Special Moves will be good for a mixed Landorus?
3. Which items should I equip on them? I have all Type Gems, some Leftovers, a Focus Sash, a Life Orb, a Rocky Helmet, a Expert Belt, a Choice Scarf and a Cell Battery. As single-use items are respawned between Battle Subway's battles, I don't have problem in using these ones (like the Gems).
4. Do you have another suggestions, like changing some members (although I have issues with it, because these four Pokémon are near-flawless)?

--------------------

Quick UPDATE: I'm considering use two more Pokémon to have options: another pair, a Modest Discharge Rotom-W (Electric/Water) and a Quiet Earthquake / Ice Beam Swampert (Water/Ground). I made some considerations about them below, but later I'll update this first page with them.

Thanks for the attention and my best regards for all of you. (And, if this post is in a wrong place, sorry.)

Electric/Ground gems maybe?
I was really thinking in abuse Type Gems; earlier, I used my in-game Gigalith with Rock Slide and a Rock Gem, and it rocked! (pun intended) But maybe one of those items could help, like the Lefties...

Ah, I have lots of Berries, too. :)

Discharge is sort of risky imo since, if Landorus dies first, it'll hurt your other pokes.
As Earthquake, if Thundurus fells first. But I'll use this combo only in secure cases, like the first streaks, when the Pokémon aren't that strong ;) And, what is the life without any risks? :)

I'm thinking in add another pair of Pokémon to this team, to have options in the Lines. Probably a Telepathy one (DW Musharna, or Beheeyem), and a mixed Water/Ground with Surf and Earthquake (probably Swampert, the best in Stats). Which you suggest for these roles and/or Pokémon?

I'm thinking in add another pair of Pokémon to this team, to have options in the Lines. Probably a Telepathy one (DW Musharna, or Beheeyem), and a mixed Water/Ground with Surf and Earthquake (probably Swampert, the best in Stats). Which you suggest for these roles and/or Pokémon?
I think Gastrodon is pretty good too, also because the AI is stupid and always uses water moves on it even though it has(or should have at least) Storm Drain.

I think Gastrodon is pretty good too, also because the AI is stupid and always uses water moves on it even though it has(or should have at least) Storm Drain.
Lol the AI is so stupid? But I decided for Swampert (breedind Quiet Mudkips right now). I'm thinking in drop the Telepathy partner for a Rotom; which form is good to the job, Grass or Water? (Both resist to Surf, and all of us know Rotom is immune to Earthquake.)

EDIT: Rotom have Discharge, it's nice for Doubles.

Altogether, it looks like a pretty solid team. there a certain instances that could prove your team troublesome, like wide guard, but I don't think that's used often in the Subway. And Protect is often suggested as a good move whenever you have a filler space, however in the case of bulky opponents that wont take a lot of damage from Discharge/Heat Wave/Bug Buzz/Earthquake at all(Swampert comes to mind) I suggest putting Grass Knot or Focus Blast in for Thunderus and either hidden Power or even just Hurricane if you want some coverage, however you also run the risk of seriously being shut down by wide guard, but again, I don't think that's used like, ever in the BS.

Altogether, it looks like a pretty solid team. there a certain instances that could prove your team troublesome, like wide guard, but I don't think that's used often in the Subway. And Protect is often suggested as a good move whenever you have a filler space, however in the case of bulky opponents that wont take a lot of damage from Discharge/Heat Wave/Bug Buzz/Earthquake at all(Swampert comes to mind) I suggest putting Grass Knot or Focus Blast in for Thunderus and either hidden Power or even just Hurricane if you want some coverage, however you also run the risk of seriously being shut down by wide guard, but again, I don't think that's used like, ever in the BS.
Thanks! Maybe not in the BS, but if I can manage to get Double Battles in GBU I'll certainly think in something about the Wide Guard. Grass Knot and HP Rock (for Thundurus and Volcarona)? (I'm not a fan of so low-Accuracy moves like Focus Blast...) Interesting. :)

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
I believe rotom-w/fire can be better, when paired with landy. ice kills you and rotom-w/fire. 3 of the four of your pokemon are weak to water. I suggest replacing landy with chomp, as he's overall better, and faster. Also for volcorana rage powder works. Anyway the team looks fine, but your back two have no synergy with the rest of your team. I suggest having one flier/levitater in the back to remedy this, and chomp/landy(your choice) more freedpm to eq. Also protect is a must on terrakion.

for items:

thunderus/rotom- type gem
landorous/chomp- yache
terrakion-focus sash
volcorana-fire gem.

I believe rotom-w/fire can be better, when paired with landy. ice kills you and rotom-w/fire. 3 of the four of your pokemon are weak to water. I suggest replacing landy with chomp, as he's overall better, and faster. Also for volcorana rage powder works. Anyway the team looks fine, but your back two have no synergy with the rest of your team. I suggest having one flier/levitater in the back to remedy this, and chomp/landy(your choice) more freedpm to eq. Also protect is a must on terrakion.

for items:

thunderus/rotom- type gem
landorous/chomp- yache
terrakion-focus sash
volcorana-fire gem.
Thanks for the comment. I'll probably use a Rotom-W in this team, and I like the Garchomp suggest, and Protect on Terrakion (it's a shame it don't get Wide Guard, only Quick Guard).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)