Swampert @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Swampert is a very reliable lead. He has a high defense so setting up Stealth Rock is quite easy except again leads carrying Grass Knot such as Azelf and Hidden Power Grass Heatran. Earthquake helps me take out Tyranitar, Heatran, and Metagross. Roar helps me blow away any Pokemon who tries and sets up on me and is awesome for setting up entry hazards.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 232 HP / 60 SAtk / 216 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Starmie is an extremely solid counter to Gyarados. Starmie also brings Rapid Spin support to help against stall teams and remove my own Gyarados's crippling Stealth Rock weakness. The speed EVs outrun Gengar and max speed Infernape; 232 HP gives the highest possible Life Orb number; and 60 SpA will 2HKO Rotom-A switchins who attempt to block my spin.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Facade

Probably the star of the show. You usually see SubPunch Brelooms. But not here. Swords Dance on Breloom is very good and very dangerous as well if not dealt with quickly. Mach Punch is my main STAB move and is wicked helpful against faster sweepers. After one Swords Dance, Mach Punch can deliver quite a blow. Seed Bomb is my secondary STAB move and hits Vaporeon who gets annoying. Now for the last move I have Facade. I really wanted to use Spore so it is easier to set up Swords Dance, but that 140 power boost is hard to deny.

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

I like Bulky Offense. And Gyarados puts the definition of this. I can easily set up Dragon Dance because of the bulkiness making for an easy sweep. The only real problem is Scarfed Starmie. Waterfall is my STAB move and completely destroys Heatran, Infernape, Hippowdon, and Tyranitar. Earthquake is a nice type coverage move and comes in wicked helpful. Stone Edge is also helpful dealing nice damage to Zapdos another threat to Gyarados.

Jolteon @ Life Orb
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Charge Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

This guy is a beast. He has a massive speed stat and also a huge special attack stat. Charge Beam gives me that special attack boost while Thunderbolt is my main STAB. Shadow Ball kills lead Azelfs who I am easily willing to set up on. Shadow Ball also comes handy against Gengar who Jolteon outspeeds. The last move is Hidden Power Grass instead of Ice because I am able to switch in on lead Swamperts and cause nightmares. And if I wanted to kill Dragon-types, I would just go with my Mesprit. Overall Jolteon is underrated and a very trustworthy sweeper.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Dragon Pulse
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon

Heatran is becoming more and more of my favorite revenge killer. He has a high special attack stat making for easy kills when needed. Fire Blast is my STAB move which easily takes care of Breloom, Scizor, and Magnezone. Earth Power is needed for electric types and other Heatran. Dragon Pulse completely destroys Dragonite so they can't sweep. Flash Cannon can come in helpful such as against Tyranitar as it serves as a secondary STAB move.

Hi Latios, nice team. I have a few suggestions for you:

1) Get rid of Flash Cannon on Heatran. The coverage is poor, and he has much better options such as a Hidden Power or Explosion. Personally, I prefer Explosion for its versatility. If you opt for it, be sure to change your Nature to Naive for some added punch.

2) While I can appreciate the originality of your Breloom set, right now it's basically a worse Scizor with some extra recovery. Scizor has more bulk, much better typing, and Technician to boost his Bullet Punch's power. I understand the allure of Facade, but Spore is such a good move it's really criminal to not use it. Without it, your opponent will just send in their Breloom counter, outspeed, and OHKO you. Breloom really needs Spore so he can disable his main check; otherwise, he's too easy to revenge thanks to his poor speed and weak priority. Use it over Facade.

That's all I have. Good luck!

Jolly Taunt Gyarados is a major threat; it outruns Jolteon and Heatran, who revenge kill Adamant variants easily but are outsped by Jolly sets. Mesprit seems like the most replaceable member; it's not exactly a reliable Pokemon in this metagame thanks to the prevalence of stall teams and Heatran. My suggestion is to try Starmie in its place. It's an extremely solid counter to Gyarados, but it isn't Heatran bait - this is crucial because Life Orb HP Grass sets are really hard for this team to switch into. Starmie also brings Rapid Spin support to help against stall teams and remove your own Gyarados's crippling Stealth Rock weakness.

Starmie @ Life Orb | Timid | EVs: 232 HP / 60 SpA / 216 Spe
Hydro Pump | Thunderbolt | Rapid Spin | Recover

The speed EVs outrun Gengar and max speed Infernape; 232 HP gives the highest possible Life Orb number; and 60 SpA will 2HKO Rotom-A switchins who attempt to block your spin. With this change I think your team will look extremely solid, good luck.

Jolly Taunt Gyarados is a major threat; it outruns Jolteon and Heatran, who revenge kill Adamant variants easily but are outsped by Jolly sets. Mesprit seems like the most replaceable member; it's not exactly a reliable Pokemon in this metagame thanks to the prevalence of stall teams and Heatran. My suggestion is to try Starmie in its place. It's an extremely solid counter to Gyarados, but it isn't Heatran bait - this is crucial because Life Orb HP Grass sets are really hard for this team to switch into. Starmie also brings Rapid Spin support to help against stall teams and remove your own Gyarados's crippling Stealth Rock weakness.

Starmie @ Life Orb | Timid | EVs: 232 HP / 60 SpA / 216 Spe
Hydro Pump | Thunderbolt | Rapid Spin | Recover

The speed EVs outrun Gengar and max speed Infernape; 232 HP gives the highest possible Life Orb number; and 60 SpA will 2HKO Rotom-A switchins who attempt to block your spin. With this change I think your team will look extremely solid, good luck.
Thanks for the rate :)

I changed Mesprit to Starmie. I really like the way my team is looking now.

Hi. :)

Since Waterfall and Stone Edge pretty much covers everything, you could use Taunt > Earthquake on Gyarados to help you deal against walls that would ruin your fun.

Nonetheless, great team. Good Luck!

Hi. :)

Since Waterfall and Stone Edge pretty much covers everything, you could use Taunt > Earthquake on Gyarados to help you deal against walls that would ruin your fun.

Nonetheless, great team. Good Luck!
I guess you have a nice point because Skarmory likes to Whirlwind me. I changed it, thanks!

- I recommend Hp ice on Jolteon, you have Breloom to set up on anything you would Hp grass. While your team has no solid switch-ins to pokemon like Dragonite and Flygon. So Hp ice over Hp grass, seems more useful.

- I think the standard sub punch set would be more effective than a Sword dance set as Breloom is too slow to sweep and STAB Focus Punch does so much damage its hard to pass up. Breloom is more about getting a sub up as many times as possible and causing as much damage as possible, instead of straight up sweeping.

- You also have alot of Breloom trouble yourself, so you could use a bulky Dragonite over Gyarados to help with this.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
248hp/56 attack/204 speed
Adamant
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

- Dragonite is a pretty solid pokemon with a set like this, and very hard to take down. The evs provide 385 Hp, 349 attack and 247 speed. Almost max hp for bulk, 252 would make you take more damage from stealth rocks, so I recommend 248. 204 speed gives you 247 speed allowing you to outspeed Starmie/Scarf Tyranitar after a dragon dance and Max speed base 100's after two dragon dances. This set has become pretty popular on the PO ladder recently.

Hi Shining Latios,

Nice team! I have to say it's a very standard team, but it works. I have a friend that used this before to great success, and I'll try to match that with my rate. You have a decent amount offensive and defensive struggles, but I'll patch those without changing your core much I hope.

I'll start off by mentioning your offensive weaknesses and fix the stall problems as we go. The threats are: Celebi, CM Wish Jirachi, Agility Metagross, CS Flygon, Machamp, CS Rotom, Shaymin, and LO Starmie. Celebi and Shaymin wall half of your team, and can cripple you badly in the form of Thunder Wave and Leech Seed. CM Wish Jirachi is a pain to take down after Swampert is gone. Agility Metagross sweeps five of your team members, so after Swampert is gone you might have to say 'gg'. CS Flygon wrecks with U-turn and a decent Outrage late-game. Machamp leads can make holes on your team from the start if you 'hurt yourself'. CS Rotom performs a similar job of late-game sweeping you. Lastly, no one on your team can take on a smart LO Starmie, unless you sacrifice and bring Jolteon in. Sorry about the cold facts, but just trying to make you aware of all the threats just in case we are not able to cover them all after my rate.

No worries though, now I will try to patch the holes up on your team. Before anything I want you to put Starmie in the lead position to give you a better stand off against most leads. In my opinion, Starmie does a lousy job at checking DD Gyarados, so I suggest using the following set: Starmie @ Life Orb | Timid Nature | Rapid Spin / Hydro Pump / Thunderbolt / Ice Beam. This set will hit common leads much harder then Swampert and give you that fast pace your team needs, which Swampert leads can't afford. You can keep your current set though if you appreciate the bulk, just please put it in the lead position imo. Now Machamp won't have the potential of killing more then one member on your team. To help against Celebi and Shaymin I suggest using Bounce over Stone Edge/Earthquake on Gyarados. It also has a better chance at koing LO Starmie if I recall correctly. I know SD Breloom is like the trophy on your team, but I want to recommend using a Jolly Breloom with Spore(your choice on last three moves). This way you can put most CM Wish Jirachi's to sleep as a last ditch move. You also get to Spore Skarmory, which sets up all over your team. To fix the Agility Metagross, CS Flygon, and CS Rotom problem, I suggest switching CS Heatran for CS Infernape. The set is Infernape @ Choice Scarf | Naive OR Hasty Nature | 252 Atk / 64 SpA / 192 Spe | Overheat OR Fire Blast / Close Combat / Stone Edge / U-turn. If you feel that you aren't scared of Jolly DD Gyarados, then use the variant that better checks the pokemon I just mentioned. It is Infernape @ Choice Scarf | Naive OR Hasty Nature | 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe | Fire Blast / Close Combat / Hidden Power Ice / U-turn. Infernape will do a much better job then CS Heatran at giving you momentum, and catching Starmie with the U-turn. Infernape+Jolteon is pretty awesome. Now to finish up the stall problems, I think you might want to also use Taunt on Gyarados just to stop numerous stall pokemon from setting up or phazing you like crazy. This suggestion helps a lot, but that last third attacking move can wreack havoc on numerous offensive teams.

Now for the only nitpick I have, I suggest you use Hidden Power Ice on your Jolteon it helps on so many levels. In my opinion, Hidden Power Grass isn't as useful as Hidden Power Ice in the current DPP OU metagame. Well, thats it I think xD.

I hope this helps; good luck!!!

EDIT: I just noticed but now that you don't have Heatran you have to be weary of dragon attacks much more; I know it was a big trade-off but four of your team members according to my rate will end up with an ice move. So, GL to those dragons xD.

Lol. Your post count is catching up to mine. lol. Before I rate, let me ask you something. Where are getting these animated Latios avatar of yours? Lol. Anyways, I just noticed. Use Explosion > Flash Cannon as Flash Cannon serves here as an alternative STAB move where it only covers Ttar and other Rock types( which is pretty much covered by Earth Power ). Where as Explosion allows you to take out Blissey, without Blissey to wall powerful attacks such as LO Hydro Pump, Starmie can ravage through your opponents team. Even without those SpA EVs.

Hope this helps, Good Luck!

Hi Shining Latios,

Nice team! I have to say it's a very standard team, but it works. I have a friend that used this before to great success, and I'll try to match that with my rate. You have a decent amount offensive and defensive struggles, but I'll patch those without changing your core much I hope.

I'll start off by mentioning your offensive weaknesses and fix the stall problems as we go. The threats are: Celebi, CM Wish Jirachi, Agility Metagross, CS Flygon, Machamp, CS Rotom, Shaymin, and LO Starmie. Celebi and Shaymin wall half of your team, and can cripple you badly in the form of Thunder Wave and Leech Seed. CM Wish Jirachi is a pain to take down after Swampert is gone. Agility Metagross sweeps five of your team members, so after Swampert is gone you might have to say 'gg'. CS Flygon wrecks with U-turn and a decent Outrage late-game. Machamp leads can make holes on your team from the start if you 'hurt yourself'. CS Rotom performs a similar job of late-game sweeping you. Lastly, no one on your team can take on a smart LO Starmie, unless you sacrifice and bring Jolteon in. Sorry about the cold facts, but just trying to make you aware of all the threats just in case we are not able to cover them all after my rate.

No worries though, now I will try to patch the holes up on your team. Before anything I want you to put Starmie in the lead position to give you a better stand off against most leads. In my opinion, Starmie does a lousy job at checking DD Gyarados, so I suggest using the following set: Starmie @ Life Orb | Timid Nature | Rapid Spin / Hydro Pump / Thunderbolt / Ice Beam. This set will hit common leads much harder then Swampert and give you that fast pace your team needs, which Swampert leads can't afford. You can keep your current set though if you appreciate the bulk, just please put it in the lead position imo. Now Machamp won't have the potential of killing more then one member on your team. To help against Celebi and Shaymin I suggest using Bounce over Stone Edge/Earthquake on Gyarados. It also has a better chance at koing LO Starmie if I recall correctly. I know SD Breloom is like the trophy on your team, but I want to recommend using a Jolly Breloom with Spore(your choice on last three moves). This way you can put most CM Wish Jirachi's to sleep as a last ditch move. You also get to Spore Skarmory, which sets up all over your team. To fix the Agility Metagross, CS Flygon, and CS Rotom problem, I suggest switching CS Heatran for CS Infernape. The set is Infernape @ Choice Scarf | Naive OR Hasty Nature | 252 Atk / 64 SpA / 192 Spe | Overheat OR Fire Blast / Close Combat / Stone Edge / U-turn. If you feel that you aren't scared of Jolly DD Gyarados, then use the variant that better checks the pokemon I just mentioned. It is Infernape @ Choice Scarf | Naive OR Hasty Nature | 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe | Fire Blast / Close Combat / Hidden Power Ice / U-turn. Infernape will do a much better job then CS Heatran at giving you momentum, and catching Starmie with the U-turn. Infernape+Jolteon is pretty awesome. Now to finish up the stall problems, I think you might want to also use Taunt on Gyarados just to stop numerous stall pokemon from setting up or phazing you like crazy. This suggestion helps a lot, but that last third attacking move can wreack havoc on numerous offensive teams.

Now for the only nitpick I have, I suggest you use Hidden Power Ice on your Jolteon it helps on so many levels. In my opinion, Hidden Power Grass isn't as useful as Hidden Power Ice in the current DPP OU metagame. Well, thats it I think xD.

I hope this helps; good luck!!!

EDIT: I just noticed but now that you don't have Heatran you have to be weary of dragon attacks much more; I know it was a big trade-off but four of your team members according to my rate will end up with an ice move. So, GL to those dragons xD.
Thanks so much I changed everything the team looks awesome!

Lol. Your post count is catching up to mine. lol. Before I rate, let me ask you something. Where are getting these animated Latios avatar of yours? Lol. Anyways, I just noticed. Use Explosion > Flash Cannon as Flash Cannon serves here as an alternative STAB move where it only covers Ttar and other Rock types( which is pretty much covered by Earth Power ). Where as Explosion allows you to take out Blissey, without Blissey to wall powerful attacks such as LO Hydro Pump, Starmie can ravage through your opponents team. Even without those SpA EVs.

Hope this helps, Good Luck!
I got mine from google. Just seach a Pokemon with lickie.

Example: Latios Lickie Avatar.

Cool team. Dragon Dance Kingdra seems like an annoyance though. After it sets up a Dragon Dance on Kingdra or on Heatran, and possibly even two, there's nothing on your team that can take a Waterfall or an Outrage. Curse Snorlax seems like another annoyance, as if he has a Curse up against Starmie or Heatran, nothing on your team can really stop him reliably, mainly because Breloom lacks a strong Fighting-type move.

Therefore, you could consider using a Skarmory over Swampert. He has much better physical bulk and can therefore take on Kingdra and Snorlax, as well as resistances to their main STAB moves, and to Snorlax' coverage move. He also has recovery in Roost to stay health, and can phaze them out with Whirlwind. You also gain extra entry hazards in Spikes, which will help your Gyarados and Jolteon sweep. The exact set is:

Skarmory @ Leftovers | Keen Eye
Impish | 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Spikes / Stealth Rock / Whirlwind / Roost

Good luck with your team!

Cool team. Dragon Dance Kingdra seems like an annoyance though. After it sets up a Dragon Dance on Kingdra or on Heatran, and possibly even two, there's nothing on your team that can take a Waterfall or an Outrage. Curse Snorlax seems like another annoyance, as if he has a Curse up against Starmie or Heatran, nothing on your team can really stop him reliably, mainly because Breloom lacks a strong Fighting-type move.

Therefore, you could consider using a Skarmory over Swampert. He has much better physical bulk and can therefore take on Kingdra and Snorlax, as well as resistances to their main STAB moves, and to Snorlax' coverage move. He also has recovery in Roost to stay health, and can phaze them out with Whirlwind. You also gain extra entry hazards in Spikes, which will help your Gyarados and Jolteon sweep. The exact set is:

Skarmory @ Leftovers | Keen Eye
Impish | 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Spikes / Stealth Rock / Whirlwind / Roost

Good luck with your team!
Hm. I like the idea, but no damaging moves is going to be hard to use :/

Or drillpeck if you dont like recoil.
Having no attacking move makes for a useless skarmory as taunt makes it killt itself or switch out.
And therefore, a speed ev is a necessity. Running at least 128 Spe is already good. A Skarm in the lead spot is really cool. Although it is rarely seen, it is really effective. I suggest everyone to try it. Also, you might want to edit your pokemon's, so we can see the changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)