Newton's Law of Conservation of Momentum

In classical mechanics, momentum is the product of the mass and velocity of a body in space. In Pokemon, however, momentum is the measure of the tactical advantage one player has over another in a given situation in battle. Today I shall present to you a team that I designed specifically to produce, maintain and channel momentum and a battle in which it showcases itself pretty effectively. MCG93 here with my first warstory, hope I do not disappoint.

My team:

Battle between MCG93 and Imperfect Lucky started!
Tier: DW OU
Variation: +13, -19
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause

Imperfect Lucky sent out Jirachi!
MCG93 sent out Tai Chi! (Mienshao)
vs.

As you have probably already noticed, I am battling in the Dream World OU tier. Although Jirachi was a common lead last gen, it is not as common this gen as Pokemon like Genesect as a scarfer and as Hippowdon as a Stealth Rock setter are generally better. Regardless, what I really need to know right now is whether it is scarfed or not. Fake out should help me scout the presence of leftovers so I decide to go with it.

Start of turn 1
vs.

Tai Chi used Fake Out!
It's not very effective...
The foe's Jirachi lost 8% of its health!
Tai Chi is hurt by its Life Orb!

The foe's Jirachi flinched!

Mienshao: 90%
Jirachi: 92%

YEP, definitely scarfed... or banded? If it IS banded, it's a whole different story! If it is banded, Mienshao outspeeds but gets killed if it doesn't KO or U-turn first. If it is scarfed, however, it will probably use Stealth Rock OR Body Slam OR U-turn. I could switch to Espeon to bounce those Rocks off but then a U-turn would be painful. Body Slam, on the other hand, cannot KO Mienshao but I detest paralysis. On a wholly different note... LO Rachi? Nah! Shao resists U-turn and if he uses rocks from a choiced Rachi, I can switch Magnezone in and proceed to trapkill. What if he uses Iron Head or worse, Zen Headbutt? Magnezone would be my answer. Okay then, the momentum lover that I am, I decide to go with U-turn.

Start of turn 2
vs.

The foe's Jirachi used U-turn!
Tai Chi lost 25% of its health!
Imperfect Lucky called Jirachi back!
Imperfect Lucky sent out Gliscor!
vs.

Tai Chi used U-turn!
The foe's Gliscor lost 11% of its health!

U-turn comment: I sigh in relief. No harm done, Mienshao will heal the damage off and most importantly: I have better control over the match at this point. So, he switches his Gliscor onto an expected HJK (or something like that). This crucial moment gives me a chance to build up momentum (Lots of physics puns going on here). Gliscor will always flee in the presence of Genesect!

MCG93 called Tai Chi back!
MCG93 sent out 007! (Genesect)

vs.

007's Download activates!
007's Sp. Att. rose!

The foe's Gliscor's Toxic Orb activated!
The foe's Gliscor was poisoned!

Genesect: 100%
Gliscor: 89%

Excellent! There is no describing how powerful I feel right now. I can see it, tomorrow's headline: "Mechanically modified bug freezes gigantic mutant scorpion to death." BUT WAIT! The mutant scorpion has a tendency to carry the stupendously dodgy move Protect. Whatever; I cannot afford to overpredict this early in the match. Besides, even if he Protects the Ice Beam, he will switch the next turn, giving me a free switch-in. Ice Beam it is!

Start of turn 3
vs.

The foe's Gliscor used Protect!
The foe's Gliscor protected itself!

007 used Ice Beam!

The foe's Gliscor restored HP using its Poison Heal!

Genesect: 100%
Gliscor: 100%

Sometimes I scare myself with my stupidly good predictions. Tries really hard to bend spoon in hand with nonexistent telekinetic abilities Okay, back to real life! There is an obvious switch coming so I have a free switch-in. Mienshao is not at 100% so I could switch him back in and U-turn out for more momentum and regeneration. Plus, who doesn't love free Fake Outs? I definitely do!

Start of turn 4

MCG93 called 007 back!

Imperfect Lucky called Gliscor back!

vs.

Mienshao: 95%

Should have known that he would switch in the steel to take the Ice Beam. Well, hello again! Jirachi looks pleased to see my sexy fox but Mienshao is starting to hate the sight of three-eyes there! (pun unintended) FAKE OUT!

Start of turn 5

Imperfect Lucky called Jirachi back!
Imperfect Lucky sent out Mienshao!

vs.

Tai Chi used Fake Out!
The foe's Mienshao lost 34% of its health!

Mienshao: 85%
Mienshao: 66%

Firstly, my Meinshao should stop checking his Mienshao out. Secondly, this drastically changes my perception of his team. Mienshao is a really threatening Pokemon as it can sweep entire teams without the need to set up. Now that Blaziken is gone, it is the best user of HJK.
I am probably looking at a speed-tie here and taking a HJK would REALLY REALLY hurt; unless, of course, I win the speed-tie. He will use Fake Out first, if we're looking at a standard LO Mienshao. Either way, Mienshao has no business staying in. Gliscor is a safe switch-in at the moment, although I will have to stay aware HP Ice.

Start of turn 6

MCG93 sent out Arachnid! (Gliscor)

vs.

The foe's Mienshao used Fake Out!
Arachnid lost 12% of its health!
The foe's Mienshao is hurt by its Life Orb!

Arachnid's Toxic Orb activated!
Arachnid was poisoned!

Gliscor: 88%
Mienshao: 56%

He was on the receiving end a couple of turns ago and my Gliscor takes more damage than his. I'm not surprised though, this Gliscor was engineered to outspeed all Heatran so it is a little lacking in defense. It is a U-turner as well; most of my team has pivots like him and they grant me immeasurable momentum just the way I like it.
Now, the question is, does his moxie foxy have HP Ice? I do not have Protect and it most certainly outspeeds, so attacking in any way is out of the question. It probably has U-turn so if it doesn't use HP Ice, it will definitely use U-turn. Genesect resists both attacks so he looks pretty good here.

Start of turn 7

MCG93 called Arachnid back!

vs.

007's Sp. Att. rose!
The foe's Mienshao used U-turn!
A critical hit!
007 lost 42% of its health!

Imperfect Lucky called Mienshao back!
Imperfect Lucky sent out Thundurus!

vs.

Genesect: 58%
Thundurus: 100%

OUCH! That crit was definitely uncalled for! It takes a huge chunk out of my modified bug's longevity and I stare in disbelief as he sends out another terrifying Pokemon. If that thing has Volt Switch, his team is very similar to mine. That would give him three pivots and a lot of momentum! I could be looking at a mirror match here!
Back to being the guy behind the wounded Genesect, I notice that I have a very handy Sp. Att. boost and an Ice Beam would OHKO his Jinn if it isn't sashed. HOWEVER, his Jinn is probably an adept Prankster and it could pull a priority T-wave on me, which would SUCK.
So he will either switch or use T-wave on me OR sash the +1 Ice Beam and proceed to KO me with his electric move of choice (which is very very unlikely). Go Espeon!

Start of turn 8

MCG93 called 007 back!
MCG93 sent out Cyanide! (Espeon)

Imperfect Lucky called Thundurus back!
Imperfect Lucky sent out Politoed!

vs.

The foe's Politoed's Drizzle made it rain!Rain continues to fall!

Espeon: 100%
Politoed: 100%

RAIN?!?! Okay, this alerts me to quite a few things. Firstly, his team is not like mine after all; I don't play with weather at all. Secondly, his Thundurus has Thunder. Third, his last Pokemon is probably a Rain abuser. This changes A LOT of things.
Now, I rejoice because my Kingdra has become 3294871298318726381623918263x more threatening and my Genesect's crippling weakness to fire has been alleviated (although he probably won't survive a fire move with his health). Magnezone is also happy because his Jirachi probably doesn't carry Fire Punch..
Right now, I could use Grass Knot on his Politoed but that probably won't OHKO the little critter and he'll probably retaliate with Scald which would take a huge chunk off Espi's longevity in the rain AND possibly burn her. I decide to use Baton Pass, which is another effective pivot, to possibly scout a switch and to switch in a proper counter.

Start of turn 9

Imperfect Lucky called Politoed back!

vs.

Cyanide used Baton Pass!

Baton Pass comment: Why would he do that? For a free Fake Out? Does he not know that Espeon outspeeds and kills Mienshao? I am starting to doubt my opponent's skill level but I can only imagine he had some reason to make such an action. Overprediction maybe? Or was he planning to switch in Jirachi to the obvious psychic move? Either way, what is done is done and since his Mienshao did not use HP Ice last time it encountered my Gliscor, it probably carries Stone Edge. Gliscor can take hits from Mienshao all day and plus, switching him in will let him get back to 100% with Toxic Heal. Enough said. Go Gliscor!

MCG93 called Cyanide back!
vs.

Rain continues to fall!
Arachnid restored HP using its Poison Heal!

Mienshao: 76%

All the momentum belongs to me! Huhahahahaha, I am the master of momentum! I will keep him switching and guessing and guessing and switching until he goes crazy! What's he gonna do? Fake Out? U-turn? Just try me! Give me your best shot sucka! I be flinging this purple orb at yo momma when you be switching out!

Start of turn 10
vs.

The foe's Mienshao used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!

Disruptive comment: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arachnid lost 98% of its health!

Disruptive comment: WHEWWWW!!!!!

Arachnid used Fling!
Arachnid flung its Toxic Orb!
The foe's Mienshao lost 6% of its health!
The foe's Mienshao was poisoned!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Mienshao is hurt by poison!
Arachnid restored HP using its Poison Heal!

Gliscor: 14%
Mienshao: 53%

What a strange rush of emotions; I cannot tell whether I'm shocked or relieved. MAN the guy is smart and MAN that Mienshao needs more Sp. Att. EVs (My Shao ALWAYS OHKOs Gliscors that have no Sp. D. investments). WOW, I feel stupid and I bet my opponent does too. LOL, oh my god, this was like the most extreme moment I have EVER had in Pokemon... and that Mienshao did NOT just give me the finger! You're going downnnn! But first, I'm going to switch! Go Espeon! Show him who's sexier!

Start of turn 11

MCG93 called Arachnid back!

vs.

Rain continues to fall!

Mutual switching... interesting. Jirachi outspeeds and will probably use U-turn to take a huge chunk off of my poor kitty cat. I mean, what else would he do? Gliscor has 14% health remaining but he will probably survive a U-turn and heal some more with Poison Heal. I decide to send him out.

Start of turn 12

vs.

The foe's Jirachi used Iron Head!
Arachnid lost 14% of its health!
Arachnid fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

And... I got outpredicted. Gliscor is a big part of the defensive core of my team and I cannot believe he lost against a three-eyed anomaly he usually has no problem dealing with. Alas, he is no more. I am sorry Gliscor, for it was my blunder that led to your loss in consciousness. Rest well, my dear friend and I promise I will treat you better from now on. SOBS
Now it's time for some vengeance! I know our little yellow starry friend is locked into Iron Head and my magnetic friend 4x resists it! Time to kick some stellar butt! (pun intended)

MCG93: 5-6 :Imperfect Lucky
MCG93's Team Status:
Mienshao: 100%
Gliscor: 0%
Magnezone: 100%
Kingdra: 100%

Imperfect Lucky's Team Status:
Mienshao: 83%
Unknown: 100%

Credit goes to Opposite Day for the amazing scoring format
MCG93 sent out Tesla! (Magnezone)

Now, before switching I should have considered the possibility that the Jirachi could hax me out before I could burn it with my Magnezone's Hidden Powers. So this brief comment is an attempt at skipping a not-so-brief battle sequence between Starboy and Magnetman. Since I am running on an image limit, I'm afraid I will have to withhold the awesome war between the steel-type Pokemon from you Smogonites. Skipping eight turns and cutting to the chase:

Start of turn 20
vs.

The foe's Jirachi used Iron Head! (for the last freaking time)
Tesla lost 8% of its health!

Tesla used Hidden Power! (for the last time as well)
It's super effective!
The foe's Jirachi lost 11% of its health!
The foe's Jirachi fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

MCG93: 5-5 :Imperfect Lucky
MCG93's Team Status:
Magnezone: 34%
Kingdra: 100%

Jirachi: 0%
Mienshao: 83%

Good Job Magnezone, you sure showed him how magnetic coils are used in electric heaters!
Now, why am I not surprised at his switch-in? Did I happen to mention previously that Mienshao sweeps teams without needing to set up? He is just going to HJK spam now and with Gliscor gone, only one Pokemon on my team can survive a HJK on the switch: Espeon.

Start of turn 21

MCG93 called Tesla back!

vs.

The foe's Mienshao used Hi Jump Kick!
Cyanide lost 84% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

Espeon: 16%
Mienshao: 67%

I don't know what's sadder, the fact that my Espeon would have lost 168% of her health had she not been a Psychic type or the fact that he is abusing his Mienshao better than me. I'm staring at the screen, cursing myself on the death of my beloved Gliscor. Ah well, at least I have better momentum here, right? He is probably going to switch but nothing he has (barring the unknown Pokemon) will enjoy taking a Psyshock from Specspeon... except Gliscor, maybe.

Start of turn 22

vs.

Cyanide used Psyshock!
The foe's Politoed lost 51% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Politoed restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Hybrid Theory is watching the battle.
Hybrid Theory stopped watching the battle.

Politoed: 55%

Okay... thanks for gracing us with your presence random guy.
Anyways, as expected, Psyshock takes a huge chunk off of Politoed's health but sadly it was not enough for a 2HKO. Curse the absence of entry hazards!
The stupid green toad is probably going to try to scald me with its hot fluids so I guess switching Kingdra in will be best. Please don't burn and waste my dragon's dear Lum Berry! Fingers crossed!

Start of turn 23

MCG93 sent out Caesar! (Kingdra)

vs.

The foe's Politoed used Scald!
Caesar lost 10% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

Kingdra: 90%
Politoed: 61%

YES! Thank you, hax gods for withholding the evils of hotness from my oh-so-cool dragon. HA! What are you going to do now puny toad? Come to think of it, Politoeds usually set up rain for Kingdras to sweep, making them the minions of Kingdra. Bow down to your king, you puny jester, bow down! Ironically, the king is the one that will end up dancing because Sub seems to be a bad idea in case the toad carries Ice Beam. Even if he uses Scald and burns me, the Lum will enable me to set up a sub the next turn while he attempts to Scald me once again. Besides, Outrage probably can't OHKO him anyways and I want a shot at sweeping his whole team. Dragon Dance is the perfect option here, especially if that last unknown is Kingdra.

Start of turn 24
vs.

The foe's Politoed used Protect!
The foe's Politoed protected itself!

Caesar used Dragon Dance!
Caesar's Attack rose!
Caesar's Speed rose!

Rain continues to fall!

Kingdra: 90%
Politoed: 67%

GASP, I had a huge moment of realization! He has a Thundurus! Priority T-wave could be extremely annoying! Plus, now that Politoed has Protected itself once, it's probably going to do something funny. Toxic? Hypnosis? Or maybe just Scald? Regardless of what he does, he probably doesn't expect me to set up a Sub right now and that is exactly what I am going to do! Then Kingdra can Dance one more time and then sweeeeeep!

Start of turn 25

Caesar used Substitute!
Caesar made a substitute!
vs.

The foe's Politoed used Perish Song!
All Pokemon hearing the song will faint in three turns!

Rain continues to fall!
Caesar's perish count fell to 3.
The foe's Politoed's perish count fell to 3.

Kingdra: 65%
Politoed: 73%

-.-

There goes my sweep. WHY do people have to run things like Perish Song? Why can't they just stick to normal status? Most of all, why doesn't the substitute block Perish Song? Why Game Freak, whyyyy? I would be fine with the substitute fainting in three turns! Sigh... I guess that means I better switch out, else it would just lead to a loss in momentum. I can't use Outrage because even if it KOs Politoed, he would switch Gliscor in to take the remaining two hits and by then my Kingdra's time would be up. Kingdra is an absolute monster in the rain and I want to net some useful KOs with him and being reckless now could have dire consequences in the long run. On the other hand, I could use Waterfall, which wouldn't lock me, but what's the point?
Besides, the Politoed is probably going to use Protect to stall Perish Song. I mean, I have a sub up and it would take at least two Scalds to break it so he probably won't use it. He has one last move I don't know and in the case that it is Ice Beam, he could use that instead of Protect. Magnezone resists Ice Beam and switching him in would net me some momentum. Magnezone is specs'd and it has Volt Switch so it should, hopefully, make a huge dent on whatever it hits (unless his last Pokemon is a ground type... or Zapdos) and lead to more scouting and channeling of momentum. The idea sounds splendid!

Start of turn 26

MCG93 called Caesar back!
MCG93 sent out Tesla! (Magnezone)

vs.

The foe's Politoed used Scald!
Tesla lost 34% of its health!
Tesla fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Politoed's perish count fell to 2.

WHY DID HE JUST DO THAT? IT MAKES NO SENSE! Did he see my switch coming? Or is he not aware that Kingdra 4x resists Scald? Does he not have another attacking move? Jeez, I just lost another Pokemon for free! I am really downhearted right now and infuriated at his weirdly effective skills. Magnezone was the second half of my team's defensive core and now he's gone...
My team has no defense anymore and now all I can rely on is the offense. Alright, going with the saying "a good offense is the best defense" I play on! Mienshao for the win!

MCG93: 4-5 :Imperfect Lucky
MCG93's Team Status:
Magnezone: 0%

Jirachi 0%
Mienshao: 97%
Politoed: 79%

NOW IT IS MY TURN TO HJK SPAM! A sharp gain in momentum at the price of a sac is quite profitable. I have to be wary, however, because that Politoed carries Protect. I do not want to lose 50% of my health by falling for a Protect! I click Fake Out and wait for some time. The opponent is slow to respond so I take my time to reconsider my move. We had gotten pretty far into the match and he is on a 5-4 lead. I think he could use the Fake Out as bait for a free switch-in. I think again... My Mienshao IS at full health so a HJK miss wouldn't hurt too badly, especially if it is wavering on a prediction. I take my time to think it over. OH WHAT THE HELL! Who can resist jump-kicking a slimy toad that has just pissed on your Magnezone?

Start of turn 27

Imperfect Lucky called Politoed back!
Imperfect Lucky sent out Tentacruel!

vs.

Tai Chi used Hi Jump Kick!
The foe's Tentacruel lost 54% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Tentacruel restored a little HP using its Black Sludge!

Mienshao: 90%
Tentacruel: 52%

I am absolutely flabbergasted. The Kingdra I have been fearing is a Tentacruel? A Tentacruel that doesn't even have Rain Dish? I feel cheated of a good match. I mean, I'm sure he has his reasons of playing a Tentacruel but seriously? Well, Gliscor and Tentacruel make a good defensive core but he wastes his potential of rain abuse. OR, he never planned on abusing rain at all. Politoed could just be his weather changer to screw other weather teams. However, I would have played something else if I were him.
NEWSFLASH: Tentacruel is in KO range! Way to go Mienshao! HJK never ceases to amuse me! He will probably switch to Gliscor but I outspeed and a free HJK does no harm! Besides, HP Ice awaits the mutant arachnid. I feel better than ever. Time for some butt kicking, Hi Jump Kicking, that is!

Start of turn 28
vs.

The foe's Tentacruel lost 50% of its health!

The foe's Tentacruel used Scald!
Tai Chi lost 61% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Tentacruel restored a little HP using its Black Sludge!

Mienshao: 19%
Tentacruel: 7%

-.-

Please adhere with me while I have another why moment.

WHYYYYY?
WHYYYYYYYYY?

This is even more painful than crithax, parahax or even a speed-tie loss. It should have been killed. Why jellyfish gods? Why you mercy him? Why you no mercy me? Why world so cruel? Why world so TENTACRUEL?!?!?

Sigh... I guess this is how life is. Shao can survive one turn of LO recoil so I decide to U-turn to let him regenerate a bit. Even if the opponent decides to switch, at least it will buy me some momentum. This match no longer thrills me. I have never been so reluctant to U-turn.

Start of turn 29
vs.

Tai Chi used U-turn!
The foe's Tentacruel lost 7% of its health!
The foe's Tentacruel fainted!

U-turn comment: KOs as expected! Finally, we are even yet again! It is a free switch-in so I figure I should send in Genesect.

007's Sp. Att. rose!
Rain continues to fall!

MCG93: 4-4 :Imperfect Lucky
MCG93's Team Status:
Mienshao: 39%

Jirachi 0%
Mienshao: 97%
Tentacruel: 0%

Robot vs. martial artist, a classic notion reflected in Pokemon battling.
Anyhow, none of my poor bug's moves will probably be able to net a KO on Jackie Chan there so I decide to U-turn and see where things go from there. If he stays in, I'll probably have to sac Espi. If he switches, I'll play accordingly to channel the momentum.

Start of turn 30

vs.

007 used U-turn!
The foe's Gliscor lost 10% of its health!
MCG93 called 007 back!

U-turn comment: Gliscor? Well, I guess he anticipated the U-turn. Mienshao can OHKO it with HP Ice but if he protects it and then decides to switch, I can U-turn to heal him up. Mienshao it is!

vs.

Rain continues to fall!

HE IS GOING TO USE PROTECT! It is just so obvious. He himself has a Mienshao with HP Ice so he is fully aware of dangers of facing a Mienshao. Ah well, even if he doesn't use Protect, I might as well U-turn and heal up. U-turn looks really good right now.

Start of turn 31
vs.

The foe's Gliscor used Protect!

Tai Chi used U-turn!

Rain continues to fall!

Even a 5-year old kid could see that coming! Now he probably thinks my Mienshao doesn't have HP Ice! I'm gonna pull the same trick on him except I will succeed because my Mienshao's Sp. Att. is not as pitiful as his. This is going to be good! Sweet vengeance! I will show you how my Mienshao is better!

Start of turn 32

Imperfect Lucky called Gliscor back!

vs.

Tai Chi used Hidden Power!
The foe's Mienshao lost 47% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

Mienshao: 29%
Mienshao: 44%

Smart guy. He knows how my mind works. He has gotten to know me so thoroughly in this match... he probably knows me better than myself by now. His predictions start creeping me out as I get frustrated over how he just outplays me every time.
Okay, again, Fake Out is so obvious it's painful. I mean, it's a clean KO here. There is no way I'm keeping him in, correct? CORRECT! And he anticipated just that!

Start of turn 33

vs.

007's Sp. Att. rose!

The foe's Mienshao used Hi Jump Kick!
007 lost 57% of its health!
007 fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

I am really really really really really tempted to RageQuit right now. Genesect is a crucial pivot in my team. It KOs things you can't imagine! Yet in this match it dies without significantly hurting anything! I am disappointed. How the hell am I going to deal with that Thundurus now? The only thing that can outspeed it would be Kingdra and I don't like the idea of taking a Thunder to the face! I am really failing this match. Sigh... whatever. Espeon outspeeds and can be a threat. He has already seen how much a Psyshock can do to his Politoed.

MCG93: 3-4 :Imperfect Lucky
MCG93's Team Status:
Mienshao: 59%
Genesect: 0%

Jirachi 0%
Mienshao: 28%

This, in my opinion, is the most crucial moment of the match. He is definitely not going to keep Mienshao in (he probably wants to Fake Out my weakened Espeon later and probably wants to heal up using Regeneration right now). He has already seen what I can do to his Politoed and it is a guaranteed 2HKO so he will not switch it in either. So Gliscor or Thundurus? Gliscor does not outspeed and he probably doesn't want to risk a 2HKO. Thundurus outspeeds and unless it is OHKOed, he can have momentum. Gliscor and Thundurus both are weak to my Espi's HP Ice. Gliscor will be OHKOed fo sho but I just cross my fingers and hope a specs HP Ice is sufficient to land a OHKO on the Thundurus. Well, here goes nothing!

Start of turn 34

Imperfect Lucky sent out Thundurus!

vs.

Cyanide used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!
The foe's Thundurus lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Thundurus fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

O_O

Speechless

MCG93: 3-3 :Imperfect Lucky
MCG93's Team Status:

Jirachi 0%
Mienshao: 58%
Thundurus: 0%

I JUST MADE IT UP FOR GENESECT'S DEATH! WOW! WAY TO GO ESPI! Way to show him who's boss! Way to show him whose mustache is better!

YEAH THUNDURUS, WHEN IT COMES TO FACIAL HAIR YOU JUST GET BEAT BY A GIRL!
Thank you Espeon but I'm afraid this is the end of the road for you. You did really well, you beat a Jinn at its own game! I mean, Genies are known for their epic mustaches, but you... your mustache shall be remembered forever!
I cannot risk Mienshao and Kingdra for Espeon because they will be crucial in determining my victory here. I need Mienshao to deal with Politoed specifically and I cannot afford losing any speed-ties so I do not want to take any risks. Espeon has to go now.

Start of turn 35
vs.

Cyanide lost 15% of its health!
Cyanide fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

MCG93: 2-3 :Imperfect Lucky
MCG93's Team Status:
Espeon: 0%

Jirachi 0%
Mienshao: 42%

Two can play that game! He will not risk his Mienshao to a Fake Out and an extra turn of Poison damage but I want to see the Pokemon he switches in place of Mienshao so I decide to use Fake Outanyways. Fake Out is such a useful move!

Start of turn 36

vs.

Tai Chi used Fake Out!
The foe's Gliscor lost 12% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

Mienshao: 49%

Oh lord, mind games again! I don't even know what set his Gliscor uses! If I mispredict a Protect, I may end up losing Kingdra! I just cannot afford to use anything other than HP Ice. Last time I had used U-turn on his Protect. Lets see where his battling skills will lead him now.

Start of turn 37
vs.

Tai Chi used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!
The foe's Gliscor lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Gliscor fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

My hunch produced excellent results! You just got outpredicted homie! How does it feel now? Revenge for that cheap Genesect KO! PLUS, I just proved that my Mienshao is better than his! Clean KO, biyatch!

MCG93: 2-2 :Imperfect Lucky
MCG93's Team Status:

Jirachi 0%
Mienshao: 72%

The game is pretty much mine now. He will probably use Fake Out and KO my Mienshao but then I will spam Outrage with Kingdra, possibly 2HKOing the Politoed, and even if the Outrage ends in two turns, I still have a Lum to back (thank god I still do). Alright Mienshao, thank you very very much for a very nice and very clean KO on that Batman wannabe. Rest well!

Start of turn 38
vs.

Tai Chi lost 38% of its health!

Tai Chi flinched!

Rain continues to fall!

Mienshao: 1%
Mienshao: 56%

O_O

Excuse me while I weep silently.

Damagehax supports me when I don't even need it... Ah well, at least I can go: "AH HA, your Mienshao sucks so bad, it can't keep its own balls out of its mouth!" I mean SERIOUSLY, 1% HP? That just shows how pro my Mienshao is and how much his sucks! Now lets put this speed-tie on the line and see who is the better Mienshao! GO, HI JUMP KICK!

Start of turn 39

vs.

The foe's Politoed lost 65% of its health!
Tai Chi fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

Mienshao died like a true warrior. He did not fall at the hands of his opponent, but only after expending his last ounce of energy in battle. Lets pay respect to our dear Mienshao and have a minute of silence.

MCG93: 1-2 :Imperfect Lucky
MCG93's Team Status:
Mienshao: 0%

Jirachi 0%
Mienshao: 86%
Politoed: 20%

MCG93 sent out Caesar! (Kingdra)

I know he is not going to Protect because the only chance he has at stopping Kingdra now is burning him somehow. All his efforts are futile.

Now... face the wrath of the King.

Start of turn 40
vs.

Caesar used Outrage!
The foe's Politoed lost 20% of its health!
The foe's Politoed fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

MCG93: 1-1 :Imperfect Lucky
MCG93's Team Status:
Mienshao: 0%

Jirachi 0%
Mienshao: 86%
Politoed: 0%

The coward shows himself. The coward that could not take a stand in battle against his equal. The coward that was afraid of losing a speed-tie. The coward that will attempt to fake the king out in the hopes of getting a critical hit. None of that matters now...

Start of turn 41
vs.

Caesar lost 20% of its health!

Caesar flinched!

Rain continues to fall!

Kingdra: 45%
Mienshao: 70%

...die

Start of turn 42
vs.

Caesar used Waterfall!
The foe's Mienshao lost 70% of its health!
The foe's Mienshao fainted!

MCG93 won the battle!
MCG93: Checkmate!

MVP:

For being a true warrior, surviving hits from opposing rivals and hi jump kicking ass!

Props:
- U-turn and Baton Pass for the momentum they grant
- Regenerator for making a Pokemon perfect for channeling momentum
- Hidden Power for existing and giving Pokemon better options
- Espeon for having a badass mustache
- Kingdra for being THE KING

Slops:
- Gliscors for doing nothing
- -.- moments
- O_O moments
- Damagehax
- Genesect for having his ass hi jump kicked​

This quality product has been brought to you by MCG93 through hours and hours of hard work and determination and critical thinking. I am looking forward to seeing comments and feedback. Thank you for reading this! Have a nice day!

I'm about halfway trough your warstory, looks pretty good.
One thing though, you should change the color of electric attacks with a darker shade of yellow (known to the people as orange) for readability.

EDIT: The color is perfect now. Also, very entertaining warstory, 8.5/10

Good warstory. You didn't hold momentum the entire match, but you
were able to use U-turn and baton pass to get it back.

Meinshao's can be annoying bastards. Very good warstory and I just loved the organization of it. Misplays are bad but hey, no one is perfect. 9.5/10

Why world so TENTACRUEL?!?!?
Yeah I might have enjoyed at that bit.

Relatively decent match with semi interesting teams.
Though your commentary was a little verbose at times, it wasn't terrible and it did have some personality.

I'm seconding the first comment; Change that yellow it ruins peoples eyes.

Espeon might have out-sped Thundurus because Thundurus wasn't at max speed, while Espeon was. Even with both of them at max speed, Thundurus still out-speeds Espeon by three points, so Thundurus had to not be at max speed. Either that, or it was just good old Pokemon physics.

how did espeon outspeed thundurus. i almost stopped reading after that
It didn't outspeed Thundurus. Thundurus switched in to the HP Ice, and died for it

Anyways this was a very entertaining warstory, with great formatting, entertaining commentary, and overall a pretty good battle. It was also fun to see Kingdra clean up at the end solely because of the opponent's Politoed.

Edit: ninja'd

Don't feel bad. I missed the thundurus switch too. I actually read it twice and went "wait, how did that happen?"

Hah, I know. Even at max speed, Thundurus out-speeds, so I'm double-taking to figure out what the hell happened, then I see 'Imperfect Lucky sent out Thundurus!' right above 'Cyanide used Hidden Power!' so it all came to me. :o I wondered what that was all about before seeing the switch-in.

he figured Meinshao would switch out when espeon came in. Good predict on his part anyways because HP ice would've ko'd either Thundurus or Gliscor.

Yep, so he waited until the Mienshao was threatened by Espeon to reveal he had HP Ice to destroy either Thundurus or Gliscor, and it just happened to nail the genie instead of the scorpion bat. If Gliscor decided to pop in, it probably would have met the same fate as Thundurus, an HP Ice upside the head.

Mcg, amazing warstory. I love the use of meinshao. It's the only one I have seen aside from speed is fun until it kills. Not only that, but it was equally as entertaining. Good battle and good work :) 10/10 + luvdisk

Yep, so he waited until the Mienshao was threatened by Espeon to reveal he had HP Ice to destroy either Thundurus or Gliscor, and it just happened to nail the genie instead of the scorpion bat. If Gliscor decided to pop in, it probably would have met the same fate as Thundurus, an HP Ice upside the head.
It was revealed a few turns before after bluffing not having it on the Protect.

Regarding that, interestingly enough, your opponent used the exact same trick on you earlier in the match, which crippled your Gliscor. I liked the warstory, but the bolded/coloured move names are a bit annoying. I think it's mostly the bold though. And you missed a few (Kingdra's dragon dance and outrage speculation in its first reveal to name a few)

The battle itself was pretty good, could've been better though. Your formatting was very fancy but at times it may have been a bit too fancy, when you write it make sure to check that it's easy to read. And also the commentary was a bit lengthy, you easily could've gotten your message across with 1/3 less words (but then again that would give you less room for lame puns)

I'm about halfway trough your warstory, looks pretty good.
One thing though, you should change the color of electric attacks with a darker shade of yellow (known to the people as orange) for readability.
FIX'd. I changed the cyan of the ice attacks too, figured they are annoying to read as well.

xMistyx said:
Relatively decent match with semi interesting teams.
Though your commentary was a little verbose at times, it wasn't terrible and it did have some personality.
Yeah, maybe I overran the story with bad puns and wordy comments. I'll work on fixing that and making the comments more concise and straightforward. Thanks for the comments and I'll be sure to keep them in mind when writing warstories in the future.

The battle itself was pretty good, could've been better though. Your formatting was very fancy but at times it may have been a bit too fancy, when you write it make sure to check that it's easy to read. And also the commentary was a bit lengthy, you easily could've gotten your message across with 1/3 less words (but then again that would give you less room for lame puns)
Haha, this was one of the best battles I have ever had, mostly because it ended at a 1-0 and we made similar mistakes and there was no bad hax. You'd be surprised at how long it takes to actually get a good battle and then you have to adorn it with comments and try to make it "fun". I worked 6+ hours on this so I am pretty proud of what I have here. I shall work on the length of the comments though, I may have overdone things a bit there. Thank you for your comments :)

I don't understand your play on turn 26 at all. You had a dragon dance and a sub up, and 3 turns left of perish song. Why wouldn't you attack? You couldn't get burned because of the sub, you had a riskless attack? Why'd you sack magnezone instead of using waterfall?

I don't understand your play on turn 26 at all. You had a dragon dance and a sub up, and 3 turns left of perish song. Why wouldn't you attack? You couldn't get burned because of the sub, you had a riskless attack? Why'd you sack magnezone instead of using waterfall?
Kingdra is an absolute monster in the rain and I knew that if I wanted a safe-route at winning this game, I would have to save him. Even if I KO'd his Politoed with Outrage, he would switch Gliscor in, which is 2HKO'd by Outrage, and by that time Perish Song would have killed Kingdra. I wanted to save him for later, to punish as many of his Pokemon as possible. Besides, Politoed and Gliscor are easy KOs, the former is 2HKOd by HJK and Psyshock and the latter is one-hitted by HP Ice and Ice Beam. Kingdra was needed for the other annoying rascals.

EDIT: I'd better incorporate this bit into the warstory. Thanks a bunch! :D

DOUBLE EDIT: Nvm, I have some major editing to do. I just remembered something crucial.

THIRD EDIT: It was not a sac, it was a misprediction. I just remembered and fixed it in the warstory already. Boy do I feel stupid. Now it makes more sense! Sorry for the inconvenience :( Hope the warstory is still worth your acclaim.

Good warstory, love the Specs Espeon. OHKOing Thundurus on the switch was awesome.

The formatting was pretty good, although I found the colour on the moves in your comments slightly off-putting. It was mainly on the electric and Ice moves though. Great apart from that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)