Competitive UU Team [Peaked 24]

~Right now I'm ranked 24 or so with this team and still rising

After making an RMT for my first team (an OU team you can find in my signature), where I was fairly successful, I decided to turn to a less weather-broken tier: UU. I started UU battling a few days ago, and already I like it way more that OU. The balance is way more apparent (in Wifi UU. Dream World UU seems like a cross between UU and OU), which makes battling much more fun. After messing around for a couple of days, I found that I really liked Crobat as a lead. Unsuspecting players can lose half their team to Crobat's outrageous Speed, good Attack, and surprising bulk. Crobat makes a great user of Taunt, and can really mess with the ever so common Donphan lead. He begs for synergy in a team though, and needs a good teammates to fall back on. Don't get confused and think he is the star of the show, or the base of the team. If you think another Poke could take his place, by all means let me know. So, let's get to it: This is my Wifi UU team!

At First Glance...​

Here is the Pokemon.Marriland's "Team Builder" synergy sheet:

Just for reference, here is the original final team:

CroCune who? (Crobat) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Atk
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Super Fang

Rollin' (Donphan) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Head Smash

Groudon (Azumarill) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Happiness: 255
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Super Power
- Ice Punch

The Mistress (Roserade) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SAtk / 216 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rest
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Star Studded (Victini) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spd
- V-create
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn
- Fusion Bolt

Super Wario! (Raikou) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

Here is the process that went into building my team:
I started with these guys:

This was a team I just threw together to give me somewhere to start. There wasn't really any thought here, so I can't provide any lead up to this point. Anyways, Crobat was the lead, with Dusclops and Snorlax as the Defensive Core, Gallade and Raikou were attackers, and Flygon was a Choice Scarfed Revenge Killer. Dusclops was way too predictable and never pulled any weight, while Gallade never seemed to work. They were taken out. After tearing through many a team with my Crobat, I knew he was a keeper. Him, along with Flygon and Raikou made great companions. And Snorlax was there too.

At this point I wanted someone who could hit fairly well and act as a wall. I went with Empoleon. He provided pretty good coverage and Stealth Rocks, which my team needed. The next Pokemon I needed was an Attacker. I went with Houndoom. What I didn't realize when I chose these two new Pokes was how weak I was to Earthquake. Four members of my team could be OHKO'd or THKO'd by a strong Earthquake user, and my two Pokemon that were resistant to it couldn't do much damage to them. And still, Snorlax was there.

And now he's not. Snorlax was dead weight on the team, and never really did much of anything. Houndoom died much too quickly, and wasn't fast enough to do any damage. Mismagius was a good replacement for Houndoom and is great with dealing with fighting types and walls. Sub+Nasty Plot is a potent combo. Alongside Hidden Power Fighting and STAB Shadow Ball, things got ugly. I remember once I switched in on someones Uxie, pulled off three Nasty Plots, and swept their team 6-0. Uxie is a great bulky Healer for the team, who can also out-speed a lot of opponents to pull off a Heal Bell. This was the team I ran with for a while. Maybe not the greatest team ever, but it worked out pretty well for a noob. Then, I started dissecting my battles and realized that Flygon wasn't doing much of anything. He was too weak to have a Scarf, and too slow to not have one. I decided to take Flygon out.

At this point I knew I was going to be changing my team up, so I decided to run with someone who could fill the roll of a Ground-type, for Crobat's Electric weakness, and a Stealth Rock/Rapid Spin Utility that still had an offensive presence. Donphan is the best in the Metagame at that, so why not use him? Giving Donphan Stealth Rocks meant I didn't Empoleon's (lame) help anymore, so I kicked him out. Additionally, I kicked out Uxie because she had literally no offensive stopping power at all. She was total setup bait for most opposing Pokemon, anyway.

In return for Empoleon I picked up Roserade to deal with those pesky Bulky Water-types and also setup Spikes. Roserade is Suicune's worst nightmare, and most of the time will force a switch allowing free Spike layers.

Azumarill's attack is crazy. With an Adamant Nature, 252 Attack EV's, and her ability Huge Power, I heard she has the same Attack as a Groundon with the same Nature and EV's. Things get even more crazy when you strap on a Choice Band. With STAB Aqua Jet, Azumarill makes a great revenge killer. She also has some bulk to boot, making her even better. I got rid of Mismagius because I wanted to try someone with a priority move who could do a lot of damage.

I chose Victini as my final Pokemon because it has great typing, access to V-create, and a bunch of other attacks that can guarantee a faint. Another great addition to my team.

After a few days of playing with this team, I realized I needed more defensive coverage. While Azumarill is good, she isn't that good. She is too slow to use anything outside of Aqua Jet, and that's just too weak of an attack to take advantage of her massive Attack stat. Instead, I decided to go with the one and only CroCune. This bad boy sort of speaks for himself.

I decided to change Roserade for someone who get rid of my Ice-type weaknesses while still keeping the offensive momentum.

And finally, here is my team in detail (note the hyperlink to a Pokemon's Bulbapedia page embedded in their name):

Dark Knight (Crobat) (M) @ Flight Gem
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 160 HP / 96 Atk / 252 Spd
- Taunt
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- U-turn

Crobat does wonders to people that can't one hit it with and Ice or Electric type, and even then Roost gets rid of those weaknesses. Taunt is for obvious Stealth Rock and Spike Leads, while Brave Bird is a really strong STAB move especially when boosted by the Flight Gem. U-turn is a good scouting move on the switch. Roost is so that Crobat can switch out and come back in later to take care of Fighting-types. The EV spread gives Crobat a lot of bulk while outspeeds pretty much everything. Crobat's trait, Inner Focus, actually comes in handy when an Ambipom lead tries to use Fake Out on you.

Rollin' (Donphan) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Donphan serves very obvious purposes. Switch in on someone who can't do anything to him, force a switch and setup Stealth Rocks or Rapid Spin away other entry hazards. Earthquake gives great STAB and does a lot of damage after his other two jobs have been covered, while Ice Shard makes him a usable avenger with the priority. His defensive ability makes him able to take physical hits as well. The EV spread is pretty basic: 252 HP for bulk, 252 Def for more bulk, and 4 Atk for offense. His nature might be better as Impish (+Def, -SAtk) for a little extra Defense.

King Cune (Suicune) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald

Oh CroCune. I decided to swap back to CroCune from offensive Suicune. CroCune is just a better fit for this team. EVs are basic CroCune, along with the nature. Calm Mind is for boosting, Rest is for healing, Sleep Talk is for not being completely useless asleep, and Scald is for damage and maiming physical attackers. Possible changes include swapping for another bulky Water-type. Nothing else really.

The Mistress (Roserade) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Originally, I had Roserade in this spot but I had too many Ice-type weaknesses and a little more Psychic-type weaknesses than I wanted. Mismagius makes a good replacement because she doesn't have a Ice or Psychic-type weakness. Substitute and Nasty Plot are for setting up, while Shadow Ball and Hidden Power [Psychic] are for coverage. The EVs and Nature are pretty basic. Possible replacements could be for something that resists Ice and isn't just hit normally by it. I could go for a wall or defensive Pokemon.

Star Studded (Victini) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spd
- V-create
- Brick Break
- U-turn
- Fusion Bolt

Victini is for revenge killing and heavy damage. V-create's ridiculous power is Victini's main source of STAB damage. For Pokemon that resist fire, Victini has a pleothora of other available attacks that will be sure to put a huge dent in the opposing team. Brick Break is always a useful move for screens and Normal/Dark-types, while U-turn is a great move for scouting on the switch. Fusion Bolt is a great attack against Water and Flying-types. The 252 Atk is obvious for damage, 40 HP is for a little extra bulk, while 216 Spd is for extra zip. The Adamant Nature is for extra damage when using a Choice Scarf.

Super Wario! (Raikou) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

Raikou is for setup sweeping. SubMind is a great combo and Raikou's BoltBeam coverage is amazing. After a few Calm Minds, STAB Thunderbolt does a huge amount of damage to everything that does resist it. The EV spread and Nature gives Raikou as much Speed as possible, while still being able to hit hard. The final point is to help Calm Mind's Special Defense boost, which makes Raikou very hard to kill for Special attackers. Of course, Earthquake can still wreck him. Another very interesting point about Raikou is his Dream World Ability, Volt Absorb, which I can slap on him once it is released and, with some prediction, regenerate lost health and get the safe switch in. This is providing that Volt Absorb Raikou isn't boosted up to OU or BL.

~Possible Changes
I have sort of a Psychic-type weakness. I might change one of my Poison-types for a Dark-type. Also, I could do with a Heal Bell/Aromatherapy user as stall teams can be annoying.

And there is my team. I don't mind what you guys decide to do with it, just as long as it makes sense. Once again, if you think ANYONE on the team is not helpful, that includes Crobat, let me know. I just want to make this the best team possible.

Offensive Threat List:
-Abamasnow: This guy always comes with a hail team, which can be super annoying. As for this Pokemon personally, 4x weakness to Fire-type moves. 'Nuff said.
-Absol: Suicune
-Accelgor: Crobat's Brave Bird can OHKO him any day.
-Aerodactyl: Raikou and Suicune can both do damage.
-Aggron: Donphan's Earthquake can do a hefty chunk. Suicune can also put a dent in his armor.
-Alakazam: Roserade can take this guy out after entry hazard damage.
-Ambipom: Lack of Fighting-type moves is a problem. Normally he is a lead, so Crobat can take him out with a Brave Bird.
-Arcanine: Suicune can scare him out and setup
-Archeops: Get him below half health and he's pretty useless. He also has a lot of weaknesses.
-Armaldo: Water-type attacks or Head Smash.
-Azelf: This thing isn't in UU anymore, right?
-Azumaril: Raikou can setup on this thing easily.
-Bisharp: Victini
-Braviary: Raikou
-Cacturne: V-create.
-Celebi: V-create.
-Charizard: Stealth Rock destroys him. So does Head Smash.
-Cobalion: Suicune.
-Crawdaunt: Victini and Raikou.
-Crobat: Raikou or Donphan
-Druddigon: Raikou
-Eelectross: Raikou can setup on him.
-Electabuzz: Donphan.
-Electivire: Donphan.
-Emboar: Zen Headbutt or Suicune.
-Entei: Suicune.
-Escavalier: V-create.
-Feraligatr: Raikou.
-Floatzel: Raikou, but Crobat can Taunt it.
-Flygon: Raikou
-Frosslass: V-create.
-Gallade: Crobat.
-Galvantula: V-create.
-Gigalith: Crobat for taunt, Suicune for the kill.
-Glaceon: V-create.
-Gorebyss: Taunt it then switch to Raikou.
-Hariyama: Brave Bird or Zen Headbutt.
-Herracross: Brave Bird or Zen Headbutt.
-Hitmonchan: Brave Bird or Zen Headbutt.
-Hitmonlee: Brave Bird or Zen Headbutt.
-Hitmontop: Brave Bird or Zen Headbutt.
-Honchkrow: Raikou.
-Houndoom: Suicune.
-Huntail: Taunt and switch into Raikou.
-Jolteon: Donphan.
-Jumpluff: Crobat.
-Kabutops: Raikou.
-Kingdra: Raikou.
-Klinklang: V-create. Do not sub on this this!
-Krookodile: Suicune.
-Lanturn: Roserade.
-Leafeon: V-create.
-Ludicolo: Roserade.
-Magmortar: Donphan or Suicune
-Mamoswine: V-create.
-Manectric: Donphan.
-Medicham: Brave Bird.
-Mespirit: Don't know.
-Mismagius: No Dark or Ghost-type attacks... Hmm...
-Nidoking: Suicune, Donphan, or Roserade.
-Ninjask: Just setup your entry hazards. Not much you can do...
-Porygon-Z: Victini or Roserade.
-Pinsir: Taunt it, then switch into Victini.
-Primeape: Crobat.
-Quilfish: Raikou.
-Raikou: Donphan.
-Rapidash: Suicune.
-Roserade: Victini.
-Rotom-F
-Rotom-H
-Rotom-S
-Rotom-C
-Sceptile: V-create.
-Scoilepede: V-create or Zen Headbutt.
-Scyther: Zen Headbutt.
-Sharpedo: Raikou.
-Shaymin: V-create.
-Shedinja: Anything super effective.
-Shiftry: V-create.
-Slaking: Victini.
-Slowking: Raikou.
-Tauros: Victini.
-Togekiss: Crobat or Victini.
-Typhlosion: Donphan.
-Ursaring: Victini.
-Venomoth: Crobat or Victini.
-Victini: Donphan.
-Weavile: Victini.
-Whiscash: Roserade.
-Xatu: Donphan or Raikou.
-Yanmega: Crobat.
-Zangoose: Victini.
-Zoroark: Sadly, this thing is pretty useless on Pokemon Online.

Defensive Threat List:
-Bastiodon: Taunt, then switch into Donphan or Suicune.
-Blastoise: Raikou or Victini. Also, Roserade can wall him and get some Spikes up.
-Carracosta: Roserade.
-Chansey: Victini can do immediate damage, but Suicune and Roserade can where her down.
-Claydol: Suicune.
-Clefable: Victini, go!
-Cradily: Victini and Roserade.
-Cresselia: Roserade can probably get all her Spikes up on Cresselia.
-Deoxys-D: Taunt him and he's finished.
-Donphan: Suicune, after he's been Taunted.
-Drapion: Donphan.
-Dunsparce: Victini, I guess...
-Dusclops: Taunt him and he's finished.
-Dusknoir: Taunt him and he's also finished.
-Empoleon: Victini or Roserade (maybe).
-Gardevoir: Roserade.
-Gastrodon: Roserade.
-Gligar: Suicune, Donphan.
-Grumpig: Victini.
-Hippopotas: Taunt, then Suicune.
-Kecleon: Victini.
-Lickilicky: Victini.
-Mandibuzz: Raikou.
-Metang: Victini.
-Mew: Victini.
-Miltank: Taunt, then switch to Victini.
-Milotic: Roserade.
-Misdreavus: Victini.
-Moltres: Raikou.
-Murkrow: Victini or Donphan.
-Nidoqueen: Victini or Donphan.
-Omastar: Raikou.
-Pineco: Victini.
-Probopass: Victini.
-Quagsire: Roserade.
-Regigigas: Victini.
-Regice: Victini.
-Regirock: Victini.
-Registeel: Victini.
-Relicanth: Roserade.
-Rhydon: Suicune or Donphan.
-Seismitoad: Roserade.
-Serperior: Victini.
-Sigilyph: Donphan or Victini.
-Slowbro: Raikou.
-Snorlax: Victini.
-Spiritomb: Roserade.
-Steelix: Roserade or Victini.
-Suicune: Roserade or Raikou.
-Tangela: Victini.
-Tangrowth: Victini.
-Torterra: Victini.
-Tropius: Pretty much anyone.
-Umbreon: Victini.
-Uxie: Raikou.
-Vespiquen: Crobat.
-Walrein: Raikou.
-Weezing: Victini.
-Wynaut: Victini.
-Zapdos: Victini.

Thanks guys!

EDITS IN BOLD

I dont understand how Azumarill's attack should be so high... I mean, his base attack and special attack is 50, and huge power makes that base 100. Doesn't seem anywhere close to groudon to me...

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
I dont understand how Azumarill's attack should be so high... I mean, his base attack and special attack is 50, and huge power makes that base 100. Doesn't seem anywhere close to groudon to me...
No. Huge Power doubles its overall attack stat, not its base stat (218 --> 436).

wow that really does hit crazy hard xD. I'm surprised Azumarill has that. I was already surprised it was so strong in emerald when i used it...

I just made a pretty significant update, so any comments are appreciated. I still haven't received any help on the actual Pokemon...

Sludge Bomb over Shadow Ball on Roserade... I also suggest a Toxic Spikes variant, as it helps wear down Special Walls such as Chansey for your set up sweepers. In addition, I also recommend RestTalk Suicune, or CroCune as ppl call it, as then you will be immune to status. You can also tank V-create's from Victini better as you now have recovery.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)