Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some quick battles for my army of NFEs. Issuing 2 challenges, both the same;

2v2 Doubles, I'm bringing NFE's
DQ Time; 1 Day
0 chills/0 recovers
Arena; C$FP's Crystal Colosseum

Field Type: Electric/Rock
Complexity: Simple/Moderate
Restrictions: Water source far below (costing extra energy to use), seismic activity will cause crystals to drop, electric and rock moves get +2 BAP, no weather.

This is a colosseum from Pokemon Battle Revolution. It is an underground cave with crystals glowing with electricity (or at least that is how I perceive it). There is a nicely painted arena-rectangle for battling, but that certainly doesn't define any boundaries. This cave is just charged with electricity and full of rock. All electric or rock moves get +3 to their base attack power. There is no water supply except for down below, so it takes extra energy (3 energy) to summon it up for moves like Surf. If any seismic activity should take place, all Pokemon are hit will crystals (a 4 BAP physical electric attack with 3 Attack). Since it is an underground cave, no weather can reach the arena. It should make for interesting battles - it could potentially even be a gym if someone wanted to use it for that!
Cool. Are we using LC-legal or Middle Cup-legal? (I'm assuming LC.)

Switch=If it were OK, what would we switch to?
No items
All abilities

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I definitely should "repay" ASB for my inactivity.

Reffing uhh rickheg and Dummy007. Assuming LC-legal stuff.

Challenging Flora!

Ok, I'm currently 0-2 against you in NFE battles and been whooped twice in the Battle Hall, so time to try and regain some dignity with a full powered, fully evolved battle.

4 vs. 4 singles
Bring all your fully evolved friends
2 days DQ
2 recoveries/5 chills
Arena: Hyrule Field

That's right, our battle is transplanted to somewhere else in the Nintendo universe. In particular, it's Hyrule Field from Ocarina of Time. The battlefield is, as you might imagine, a big open field. There's rocks and grass hanging around, and even some water available thanks to the river that leads to Zora's Domain. But as anyone who has played OOT knows that time changes pretty fast in the field. Daytime performs as normal, but every third round it will turn to night for the entirety of the round. And with night, come the Stalchildren. Exactly what night time and the intruders do to the battle is entirely up to the referee, but it is sure not to be helpful.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Oh! So we can bring every fully evolved mon? SOUNDS COOL!

Accepted.

Items on because we're in the cool period now.
Switch=KO
All abilities

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Time to duke it out!

6v6 Singles
3 days DQ
3 Recoveries / 5 Chills
I'm also saying Items = off. I know I'm not supposed to do that, but whatever.

Arena:
MoonSim Inc. said:
In the deserts of Nevada, there is a deceptively large building. Why 'deceptively' large? While it seems to sprawl out across the dunes, there is actually only one room. Indeed, it is a large room, but nothing spectacular.

Though it may seem weathered and abandoned from the outside, the interior of MoonSim Inc. is as full of hustle and business as any modern corporation, but with a subtle difference. In the middle of the room, only separated from black marble flooring and whirring machinery by a knee-height plexiglass barrier, there is a little bit of the moon. Or close enough, anyway.

Hitting the temptingly-red button causes a large Pokémon battling arena to erupt from the centre, immediately entrancing the multiple Elgyem acting as aides to the scientists. They were found here in the desert about twenty years ago, and MoonSim Inc. was subsequently founded on the site. The founders couldn't remember why they'd made it - it was just as if the idea had popped into their minds. Anyway, I digress.

Gravity is being tested today, so there will be two effects in progress:

1)
When the match Seeker's Pokémon is winning, strong Gravity comes into effect.
2) When the match Seeker's Pokémon is losing, all Pokémon gain the Levitate trait, and accuracy of all moves is lowered by a flat 10%

Whether a Pokémon is winning or losing is decided by 100-([(Damage taken + energy spent) / (HP at start of round + energy at start of round)]*100).

I'll take Alch's challenge, assuming FE Pokemon are allowed but if you're using weakmons Alch I'll adjust my team, though I only have 4 weakmons :/

Switch=OK
One ability
Items off as per request

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Let's try some more interesting battles. I'll ref these battles if anyone wants to try them:

Battle 1:
3vs3vs3 Brawl (3 trainers, 3 Pokes apiece, all Pokes on field at once)
2-day Player-DQ / 5-day Ref-DQ (DQ time starts with each Reffing post)
2 Recoveries / 5 Chills
Abilities=ONE
Items=ON
Switch=N/A
Arena: ASB Tournament Arena
Special Rule: Each Player gets 1 Substitution per opponent per Round.

Battle 2:
3 vs. 3 Triples
2-day Player-DQ / 3-day Ref-DQ
2 Recoveries / 5 Chills
Abilities=ONE
Items=OFF
Switch=N/A
Arena: Boss Battle Castle

Boss Battle Castle: A Castle imbued with the mysterious magic of the Stormrage Mountain monster bosses. When two trainers meet on the rooftop battlefield, they may pull some of that magic power into one of their Pokeballs and give one of their Pokemon the power of the bosses! Battles fought on the rooftop battlefield are among the most epic ever fought.

In other words, the battlers in this arena will PM the ref (me) their 3 Pokemon and select which of the three will get the "boss" treatment (HP x3, EN x1.5, +1 Atk/Def/SpA/Spd/Spe). The other two will be the boss's lackies and the battle will continue normally.

EDIT: I will also ref C$FP vs. Woodchuck, so PM me those things.

Anyone want a beginner battle?

2v2 Singles
2 Day DQ
2 recover/ 3 chill
Arena: Abandoned Wasteland.

A very open arena with a two or three shriveled trees. There is a swamp of caustic liquid lined with a multitude of mushrooms. The swamp emits a gas that has the chance of poisoning the competitors. (10% chance normal poison, 5% bad poison. Calculated at the begining of each round). The mushrooms can be eaten, but with risk.

As the only water in the arena is the swamp, water and ice moves have a 30% chance of poisoning the foe, and a 10% chance of poisoning the user unless the user is of the poison- or steel- type. (normal poison)

Poison- type moves are powered up by one BAP, and any move used by a poison type pokémon gains one BAP. These bonuses stack.

Non damaging moves that inflict poison are absorbed by the environment.

The mushrooms can have any of these effects each with a 10% chance of being the chosen effect.

Normal Poison.
Bad Poison.
Paralyze.
Acts as a 3 BAP poison attack from a 3 Attack. Non-STAB.
acts as a 3 BAP poison attack from a 3 Special Attack. Non-STAB.
Acts as an Oran Berry.
Acts as a Lum Berry.
Acts as a Sitrus Berry.
Changes Pokémon's type to poison.
No Effect.

Posting a battle for me to ref, so I'll need three players for it!

1v1v1 Singles
Send only ONE Pokemon to the Ref
2 Day DQ (4 for me)
0 Recover/? Chills
Arena: Main Street Colosseum

Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Simple
Restrictions: None

Just an alternative to the standard ASB arena here

OK, the first person chooses the abilities
the second chooses items
and third chooses the number of chills.

Competitor 1:
Competitor 2:
Competitor 3:
Ref: Metal Bagon

I don't care what pokemon you bring but I'd like to ref a strongmon match.
No-one wants to do my melee, c'mon, bumping it!

Competitor 1: Lightwolf
Competitor 2: Pikapwnd
Competitor 3: ShinySkarmory
Ref: Metal Bagon

I'll PM Lightwolf and Pikapwnd soon, skarm has already sent me his PM :)

Chris Teke I'll take your battle.
Chris and LightWolf, teams.
edit: I'll take C$FP and Woodchuck too.
edit again: nevermind I'm going fucking blind

I need some quick battles for my army of NFEs. Issuing 2 challenges, both the same;

2v2 Doubles, I'm bringing NFE's
DQ Time; 1 Day
0 chills/0 recovers
Arena; C$FP's Crystal Colosseum

Field Type: Electric/Rock
Complexity: Simple/Moderate
Restrictions: Water source far below (costing extra energy to use), seismic activity will cause crystals to drop, electric and rock moves get +2 BAP, no weather.

This is a colosseum from Pokemon Battle Revolution. It is an underground cave with crystals glowing with electricity (or at least that is how I perceive it). There is a nicely painted arena-rectangle for battling, but that certainly doesn't define any boundaries. This cave is just charged with electricity and full of rock. All electric or rock moves get +3 to their base attack power. There is no water supply except for down below, so it takes extra energy (3 energy) to summon it up for moves like Surf. If any seismic activity should take place, all Pokemon are hit will crystals (a 4 BAP physical electric attack with 3 Attack). Since it is an underground cave, no weather can reach the arena. It should make for interesting battles - it could potentially even be a gym if someone wanted to use it for that!
I'll take one of these.
Switch = .....
No Items
All Abilities
It looks like we need a ref for this, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)