Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
need to train mons.

6v6 triples
2 day dq
no items / chills / recoveries
idc about the arena
Accepting, assuming you'll only be bringing NFEs. Please follow up on whether you want this or not.

Switch=OK
Items=off
Abilities=All

Arena: The Ring of Ice
Field Type: Ice
Complexity: Medium (position matters!)
Format: Can be done in any format. Originally designed for Tortferngatr's gym.

Restrictions: All moves available. However, plant matter is only available on the central island, while rocks are only available on the outer ring.

Description:

A 50 foot diameter circle of ice strewn with rocks, surrounding a round lake of 30 feet diameter and 10 feet of depth, surrounding a grassy, yet snow covered island with a few trees of 15 feet diameter. Surrounding the entire arena is a glacial wall 50 feet high. The wall is solid and cannot be brought down by attacks. There are no bridges to the island; you have to float, jump, or swim across.

Wailord is temporarily reduced to class 6 size while here. This is necessary and hopefully unobjectionable, because accounting for Wailord at full size IS objectionable.

CHALLENGING SEVEN DEADLY SINS!

4v4 Doubles (Any non-FE Pokemon, no single-stage mons like Sableye etc.)

ARENA: Rune Ruins

A large and well preserved room with a small square pool in its centre lies abandoned in the centre of a deep underground maze, strange and magical runes glowing all around the contestant's rudimentary battlefield. These will, if touched for ANY reason (eg physical contact such as wall-smashing, being thrown across the room), release a random Pokemon of ANY non-legendary species whatsoever (this can be RNGed by rolling a dice where a Pokemon's Nat Dex number is the result) into the room which besieges a random or both contestants with one attack before leaving. The ground is hard and should NOT be dug into: this may collapse the whole ruin. There IS a water source available, and DON'T TOUCH THE WALLS WHATEVER YOU DO! Seismic activity is also a bad idea, as this will crack the walls and floor.

OK, I'm ready when you are!

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Accepting both Lamprey and Ragnarokalex's battles. Needin some refs.

Rules for both:

Switch = KO
No Items
All Abilities

EDIT: editing in rules dont stab me

I suck at doubles which means I'll probably suck at triples even more so this will be a training battle

3v3 Triples
Send only ONE Pokemon to the Ref
36 hours (72 hours/3 days for for the ref)
0 Recover/0 Chills
Arena: The Shadow Subway

The Battle Subway has been taken over by Giratina and when a couple of unlucky pokemon trainers are battling there, it goes terribly wrong. To start with each pokemon is cloned twice to make 3 of the same pokemon (they will numbered to tell the difference)! Along with this, perish song only takes two rounds to take effect and the pokemon that used perish song gets all of the KO's. Along with that, a trick room has taken effect for an unexplained reason, meaning... well, there's a trick room. Finally, 'cause Giratina is a ghost and all, the power of all ghost type moves is multipled by 1.5 after all other calcs!

Arena Sumarry:
#1 Only one pokemon is sent to the ref, and that pokemno is cloned to make three of the same pokemon.
#2 Perish Song only takes two round to take effect.
#3 A permanent trick room is in effect
#4 All ghost type moves power is multipled by 1.5 after all other calcs
#5 Because it is still the subway and we are in a condensed space, postioning does not matter. Bolded because it wasn't mentioned in flavour text.

By the way refs, did I mention that I'll be using perish song in the first round so you'll get 6 RC for two rounds reffing!

Challenging Pikapwnd on request!

2v2 Doubles, no FEs or Single stage mons, mid stage mons allowed.

ARENA: Snapfrost Lake

The center of the arena is just that: a large thinly frozen lake! Pokemon with a Weight CLass of over 3 will break the ice, and excessive fighting on it will also break the barrier. It may be deliberately shattered. Any Pokemon to fall in the Icy water bar Ice types will suffer damage (the amount is up to the ref). Flying types and Levitators etc. can be knocked down into the water by attacks. The arena is fringed with a single evergreen tree and some sparse greyed grass. The lake surface is also hard to manouver on.

Bad water source unless you are a Spheal.
Shatterable frosty lake.
Low mobility control when on icy surface.

Challenging Pikapwnd on request!

2v2 Doubles, no FEs or Single stage mons, mid stage mons allowed.

ARENA: Snapfrost Lake

The center of the arena is just that: a large thinly frozen lake! Pokemon with a Weight CLass of over 3 will break the ice, and excessive fighting on it will also break the barrier. It may be deliberately shattered. Any Pokemon to fall in the Icy water bar Ice types will suffer damage (the amount is up to the ref). Flying types and Levitators etc. can be knocked down into the water by attacks. The arena is fringed with a single evergreen tree and some sparse greyed grass. The lake surface is also hard to manouver on.

Bad water source unless you are a Spheal.
Shatterable frosty lake.
Low mobility control when on icy surface.
Accepting.
Items Off
Abilities 1
Switch = Summer school

Open Challenge

1v1 Singles
1 Day DQ; ref= 2 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/3 chills
NFEs only- no evolutions
Arena: Grey Sanctum

In this impartial world, all is fair. The arena is in the apprearance of a stone chamber, being lit by an unknown schorce, as if a dream. Like its counterpart, the white sanctum, it is alive, and it can cast judgement. The arena doesn't like to see an unfair advantage, so super-effective moves have halved base power the first time they are used in a round. Also, this match will not appear on the W/L/T board, but counters will be given. On another note, its owner cannot make it, so he'll sent his Drifloon to fight singlehandedly for practice. Beause of this, the challenger can only send ghost or flying type pokemon. There is no water scource, and those who use seismic moves will be punished. Also, for some reason, sound-based moves have their base-power doubled, although the user will suffer 3 damage from the arena.

-Practice match
-Challenger will be fighting a Drifloon
-Chalenger can only bring or flying or ghost-type pokemon
-Super effective moves have their base power halved on their first use per round
-No water-scource based moves
-Seismic moves are not reccomended

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Let's try some more interesting battles. I'll ref these battles if anyone wants to try them:

Battle 1:
3vs3vs3 Brawl (3 trainers, 3 Pokes apiece, all Pokes on field at once)
2-day Player-DQ / 5-day Ref-DQ (DQ time starts with each Reffing post)
2 Recoveries / 5 Chills
Abilities=ONE
Items=OFF
Switch=N/A
Arena: ASB Tournament Arena
Special Rule: Each Player gets 1 Substitution per opponent per Round.

Battle 2:
3 vs. 3 Triples
2-day Player-DQ / 3-day Ref-DQ
2 Recoveries / 5 Chills
Abilities=ONE
Items=OFF
Switch=N/A
Arena: Boss Battle Castle

Boss Battle Castle: A Castle imbued with the mysterious magic of the Stormrage Mountain monster bosses. When two trainers meet on the rooftop battlefield, they may pull some of that magic power into one of their Pokeballs and give one of their Pokemon the power of the bosses! Battles fought on the rooftop battlefield are among the most epic ever fought.

In other words, the battlers in this arena will PM the ref (me) their 3 Pokemon and select which of the three will get the "boss" treatment (HP x3, EN x1.5, +1 Atk/Def/SpA/Spd/Spe). The other two will be the boss's lackies and the battle will continue normally.
I'll post this again to see if there's any interest :/ If not, I'll drop it.

Open Challenge

1v1 Singles
1 Day DQ; ref= 2 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/3 chills
NFEs only- no evolutions
Arena: Grey Sanctum

In this impartial world, all is fair. The arena is in the apprearance of a stone chamber, being lit by an unknown schorce, as if a dream. Like its counterpart, the white sanctum, it is alive, and it can cast judgement. The arena doesn't like to see an unfair advantage, so super-effective moves have halved base power the first time they are used in a round. Also, this match will not appear on the W/L/T board, but counters will be given. On another note, its owner cannot make it, so he'll sent his Drifloon to fight singlehandedly for practice. Beause of this, the challenger can only send ghost or flying type pokemon. There is no water scource, and those who use seismic moves will be punished. Also, for some reason, sound-based moves have their base-power doubled, although the user will suffer 3 damage from the arena.

-Practice match
-Challenger will be fighting a Drifloon
-Chalenger can only bring or flying or ghost-type pokemon
-Super effective moves have their base power halved on their first use per round
-No water-scource based moves
-Seismic moves are not reccomended
I'll accept this,
one ability, no items

Open Challenge

2v2 Doubles (You send only 2 pokes to the ref)
Weekend Battle (No set DQ, but you have to post your action at least once every day of the weekend (f/s/s))
2 Recoveries/5 chills
First Stage only

Arena: Rainbow Island

A very colorful island were the sun is bright and the trees are full of colorful berries, this s an island so the water supply is not something you should worry about, the sun is bright, but it rains sometimes, the people on the island is very nice, healing anyone they see needs it

Restrictions: dark and ghost attacks have their power halved, only sunny and rain weather, you can be healed for hp and energy (10% chance) when you are under 50% of both

Doing this again, please join, last one was pretty awesome.

Nightmare Jigglypuff said:
Issuing a multi battle of 4 people.

1v1v1v1 plus a mon from arena. (More details in arena tag.)
3 day DQ
2 recovers 5 chills
Items=off
Switch=N/A
Abilties=all

Arena:
Located deep inside Chargestone cave is Galvantula's nest. It consists of a web so big that there are little spider webs from Spinarak and Joltik inside its holes. Unfortunately, something big did make this web, and you guys are fighting it as well as each other.

The ref controls Gargantua the Galvantula, whose stats are normal and has a complete list of attacks. Nature is serious, typing is electric/bug and abilities are all.

This arena could be likened to Raids in the sense that there is a big mon ripping you apart, but you're also fighting each other at the same time.

You don't really have to decide anything, just confirm your attendance.

Basically, if anybody kills Gargantua, they get a KOC and the match continues. Also, if Gargantua wins the match, the ref does not get a win, but does get RC for as many KOCs they would have gotten along with the RC for reffing the match. Anybody who kills Gargantua gets a regular KOC. The order of actions for the first round is as follows:

I would post with my mon
Second attendee would post their mon
Third attendee would post their mon
Fourth attendee would post their mon
Ref would issue Gargantua's actions
Fourth attendee would issue actions
Third attendee would issue actions
Second attendee would issue actions
I would issue my actions
Ref refs

Gargantua's stats:

Stats:
HP: 150
Atk: Rank 4
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 6
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 125

And you get 2 KOC for knocking out this bad boy.

Dropping my previous challenge for this.

2 vs. 2 Doubles Training Match
36 hour Player DQ / 3 day Ref DQ
1 Recovery per pokemon / 2 Chills per pokemon

Lets go with this arena
C$FP's Main Street Colloseum:

Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Simple
Restrictions: None

Just an alternative to the standard ASB arena here.

Perfect for training

Changing this for a Challenging DarkSlay.
2v2 Singles (NFE Only)
3 Day DQ
2 recoveries / 5 Chills.
Arena: Either DarkSlay's own choosing or this;

Arena: Timetraveller's Forest
Field Type: Diverse
Complexity: Intense
Format: All
Restrictions: Weather moves won't work.

Description:
A simple little grove in the middle of a forest, with a 50m clearing in the middle. river runs silently off to the side of the arena, about 2.5m deep and 3m wide. A beautiful full moon beams down on this picturesque scene. So, what make this arena more?

Time Travel.

At the beginning of every round, Celebi shows up (Non-catchable) and shifts everyone from the current timeline to a random alternate. The potential timelines are:

- Natural Life: The starting arena. Call it home if you like, because it'll be the only promise of comfort you'll get. No special effects.
- Forest Fire: Tiger, Tiger, burning bright... All Fire moves receive a Flash Fire boost, all others unused to the intense heat with have -1 Accuracy.
- Industrialization: Welcome to the Streets. Desolate for as far as the eye can see, nothing but concrete and iron. The river and all the trees are gone, and Seismic Activity and Dig are unusable. Steel and Electric types are right at home, and have the Energy cost reduced of all moves by 2.
- Drought: Sunlight, so harsh it burns. The trees have lost their leaves, and offer little to no relief to wary battlers. All Grass-Types will be treated as if they have Solar Power, as well as their normal abilities. Water-types will also lose 1hp per action.
- Storm: Thunderbolts and Lightning, very very Frightening! The river has flooded, and everyone has about 50cm of water around their ankles! This impedes foot-movement, and all moves that require going up and striking your opponent to have negative priority. Flying types, Levitators and Water-types are able to ignore this, due to their ability to avoid/thrive in watery conditions.
- Deadland: The river dried up, and the land died with it. Nothing but Sand as far as the eye can see, which isn't very far, with the giant Sandstorm in your face. Pokemon uncomfortable with Desert conditions have -1 Accuracy.
- Snowbound: Welcome to a Winter Wonderland. Weather is Snowing (Hail, without the damage per Action). Pokemon unfit for Winter conditions will move slower than normal.
- Midnight in a Perfect World: Identical to Natural Life, but during the Night. Because of the tranquility, a sense of peace befalls all Pokemon; Chilling regains 10 health as well as 18% Energy, and Recoveries are 15% more effective. This peace also affects a Pokemon's fighting prowess; All Pokemon lose 1 Rank in both Attacks for the duration of this Round.

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Changing this for a Challenging DarkSlay.
2v2 Singles (NFE Only)
3 Day DQ
2 recoveries / 5 Chills.
Arena: Either DarkSlay's own choosing or this;

Arena: Timetraveller's Forest
Field Type: Diverse
Complexity: Intense
Format: All
Restrictions: Weather moves won't work.

Description:
A simple little grove in the middle of a forest, with a 50m clearing in the middle. river runs silently off to the side of the arena, about 2.5m deep and 3m wide. A beautiful full moon beams down on this picturesque scene. So, what make this arena more?

Time Travel.

At the beginning of every round, Celebi shows up (Non-catchable) and shifts everyone from the current timeline to a random alternate. The potential timelines are:

- Natural Life: The starting arena. Call it home if you like, because it'll be the only promise of comfort you'll get. No special effects.
- Forest Fire: Tiger, Tiger, burning bright... All Fire moves receive a Flash Fire boost, all others unused to the intense heat with have -1 Accuracy.
- Industrialization: Welcome to the Streets. Desolate for as far as the eye can see, nothing but concrete and iron. The river and all the trees are gone, and Seismic Activity and Dig are unusable. Steel and Electric types are right at home, and have the Energy cost reduced of all moves by 2.
- Drought: Sunlight, so harsh it burns. The trees have lost their leaves, and offer little to no relief to wary battlers. All Grass-Types will be treated as if they have Solar Power, as well as their normal abilities. Water-types will also lose 1hp per action.
- Storm: Thunderbolts and Lightning, very very Frightening! The river has flooded, and everyone has about 50cm of water around their ankles! This impedes foot-movement, and all moves that require going up and striking your opponent to have negative priority. Flying types, Levitators and Water-types are able to ignore this, due to their ability to avoid/thrive in watery conditions.
- Deadland: The river dried up, and the land died with it. Nothing but Sand as far as the eye can see, which isn't very far, with the giant Sandstorm in your face. Pokemon uncomfortable with Desert conditions have -1 Accuracy.
- Snowbound: Welcome to a Winter Wonderland. Weather is Snowing (Hail, without the damage per Action). Pokemon unfit for Winter conditions will move slower than normal.
- Midnight in a Perfect World: Identical to Natural Life, but during the Night. Because of the tranquility, a sense of peace befalls all Pokemon; Chilling regains 10 health as well as 18% Energy, and Recoveries are 15% more effective. This peace also affects a Pokemon's fighting prowess; All Pokemon lose 1 Rank in both Attacks for the duration of this Round.
Accepted. I suppose I'll go out of the norm and accept that arena too.

Switch = KO
Items Off
One Ability

3 day DQ
2 recovers 5 chills
Items=off
Switch=N/A
Abilties=all

Arena:
Galvantula's Nest
Located deep inside Chargestone cave is Galvantula's nest. It consists of a web so big that there are little spider webs from Spinarak and Joltik inside its holes. Unfortunately, something big did make this web, and you guys are fighting it as well as each other.

The ref controls Gargantua the Galvantula, whose stats are normal and has a complete list of attacks. Nature is serious, typing is electric/bug and abilities are all.

This arena could be likened to Raids in the sense that there is a big mon ripping you apart, but you're also fighting each other at the same time.

Fleshy Fleshifyness
Basically, if anybody kills Gargantua, they get a KOC and the match continues. Also, if Gargantua wins the match, the ref does not get a win, but does get RC for as many KOCs they would have gotten along with the RC for reffing the match. Anybody who kills Gargantua gets a regular KOC. The order of actions for the first round is as follows:

I would post with my mon
Second attendee would post their mon
Third attendee would post their mon
Fourth attendee would post their mon
Ref would issue Gargantua's actions
Fourth attendee would issue actions
Third attendee would issue actions
Second attendee would issue actions
I would issue my actions
Ref refs

Gargantua's stats:

Stats:
HP: 150
Atk: Rank 4
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 6
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 125

And you get 2 KOC for knocking out this bad boy.
Meh... I'll accept this. Don't have much else to do...

(EDIT: I'll be leaving for a 3 day camp tomorrow, so you'll have to check out my ASB team manually. Sorry ref.)

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Doing this again, please join, last one was pretty awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Nightmare Jigglypuff

3 day DQ
2 recovers 5 chills
Items=off
Switch=N/A
Abilties=all

Arena:
Galvantula's Nest

Fleshy Fleshifyness

Dropping my previous challenge for this.

2 vs. 2 Doubles Training Match
36 hour Player DQ / 3 day Ref DQ
1 Recovery per pokemon / 2 Chills per pokemon

Lets go with this arena
C$FP's Main Street Colloseum:

Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Simple
Restrictions: None

Just an alternative to the standard ASB arena here.

Perfect for training
I'll battle, MB.
Switch=Don't be ridiculous, it's 2v2 doubles :)
Items=Off
One Ability

Let's find ourselves a ref.

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'll ref Metal Bagon vs. Endquote.

Also, OPEN CHALLENGE:

4 vs. 4 Doubles
2-day DQ
0 Recovers / 0 Chills
Arena: ASB Arena
LC-eligible Pokemon only

Originally Posted by Fat Nightmare Jigglypuff

3 day DQ
2 recovers 5 chills
Items=off
Switch=N/A
Abilties=all

Accepting this :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)