Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Take the same Magnemite I gave you last time I gave you a challenge. Meh, I'm too lazy to think of anything creative for you. And for the hell of it, in addition to its previous restrictions, solo 10 trained Pokémon with Sonicboom alone.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Well...

Dummy007 is Accepted.

EEVEE3 is Rejected, if only because I already got a Golett for that area, sorry.

5 to go. I'll give a link once I (finally) update the OP with Challenges, still looking for Route 17, Mistralton Cave, Route 8, Route 9, & the Traded Emolga.

EDIT: Here's the link, also...
Its_A_Random said:
First, some bookkeeping...

• For the Route 6 Challenge, I got Deerling, so Foongus/Amoongus is available
  • Dragonspiral Tower Entrance has been taken by auramaster & the Pokemon was a Mienfoo, I just need to fish the challenge up. auramaster cannot give another challenge this wave.
  • While we're on the subject, TM13IceBeam has given out the 4 Pokemon Cap, & therefore, cannot give out any more Pokemon to me for the remainder of the Scramblocke.
  • I will now have the ability to Surf, so Surfing Pokemon are now applicable.
Lastly, this time I will be far less tolerant than I have been before. The most important thing is that you all READ THE RULES. I read your rules when issuing you challenges, so it's only fair that you lot do the same thing back. Any slight thing that breaks my rules will result in an automatic rejection, no buts. Don't complain, it's not my fault you didn't lurk before issuing. Keep the link open in a separate tab if you have to! Lastly, do not give out a Pokemon for a future wave. I'm not going to go through pages just to find a challenge. Thank you.

After all that, time to dish out challenges.

In addition to my Ruby Shedinja solo (still grinding...:/), I'd like a specific set of challanges for a Pearl scramble. The 6 categories are simple:

-An extremely hard (though not impossible) challange
-A very in-depth, complex challange (not necessarily hard)
-A Starcraft themed challange
-A movie themed challange
-A payback challange (something I've given out before on this thread)
-A pokemon from another region (Hoenn, Johto, Kanto)

I can trade, but unless your challange would never work without it, I'd rather not. If I get more than one suggestion for a category, I'm going to take the most creative/fun one. I'd like to have a balanced team (i:e no 5 Ground weaknesses or 3 normal types, both are things I've received before), but I know things don't always work out that way.

And now, my team so far:

-Take a male Chimchar as your starter. Name it Crusader. The number of Roark's pokemon it solos without Fighting Type moves equals the number of times it may evolve. That is all. (Newby N00b's Payback)

-Galladiator's Marty McFly Starly (movie)
-EndQuote's Shellos (complex)
-ArcticBlast's Skarmory (not from Sinnoh)
-TalkingLion's Geodude (extremely hard)
-Hey, Shinyskarmory, take a Drifblim. Name it Ghast. It is mad that it was Re-skined, so it must solo all nerds (eletric types). Also Has to learn will-o-wisp and fly (Anyone play minecraft?). Must solo the 8th gym (If not taken). If you want it to be harder, it can only use will-o-wisp and fly. HAVE FUN! :toast: (Obbmud's Minecraft Challange)

EDIT: Newby N00b and TalkingLion, I get the feeling that you really didn't like Crusader and Wimpgull. Why is that?

EDIT 2: Dropping the Starcraft Challange for just a reference to any non-Pokemon video game.
Starting later today. This is going to be brutal.

In addition to my Ruby Shedinja solo (still grinding...:/), I'd like a specific set of challanges for a Pearl scramble. The 6 categories are simple:

-An extremely hard (though not impossible) challange
-A very in-depth, complex challange (not necessarily hard)
-A Starcraft themed challange
-A movie themed challange
-A payback challange (something I've given out before on this thread)
-A pokemon from another region (Hoenn, Johto, Kanto)

I can trade, but unless your challange would never work without it, I'd rather not. If I get more than one suggestion for a category, I'm going to take the most creative/fun one. I'd like to have a balanced team (i:e no 5 Ground weaknesses or 3 normal types, both are things I've received before), but I know things don't always work out that way.

And now, my team so far:

-Take a male Chimchar as your starter. Name it Crusader. The number of Roark's pokemon it solos without Fighting Type moves equals the number of times it may evolve. That is all. (Newby N00b's Payback)

-Galladiator's Marty McFly Starly (movie)
-EndQuote's Shellos (complex)
-ArcticBlast's Skarmory (not from Sinnoh)
-TalkingLion's Geodude (extremely hard)
-

EDIT: Newby N00b and TalkingLion, I get the feeling that you really didn't like Crusader and Wimpgull. Why is that?

EDIT 2: Dropping the Starcraft Challange for just a reference to any non-Pokemon video game.
Hey, Shinyskarmory, take a Drifblim. Name it Ghast. It is mad that it was Re-skined, so it must solo all nerds (eletric types). Also Has to learn will-o-wisp and fly (Anyone play minecraft?). Must solo the 8th gym (If not taken). If you want it to be harder, it can only use will-o-wisp and fly. HAVE FUN! :toast:

@Maxie: Unevolvable Dratini nicknamed HUGGLYWUGS that cannot use any status moves. Yes, I'm unoriginal.

EDIT: Removed an irrelevant comment that has nothing to do with the challange.

@Maxie: Take Macho the Machop. Solo 3 Geodude before it can do anything else. Final moveset must include Hidden Power.

Introducing... THE SIX BABIES SCRAMBLE CHALLANGE!

This will be a run of Drayano's Volt White hack. When you decide on movesets, keep them legal by Little Cup standards.

To prevent type duplication, I will take one Pokémon from each of the following groups:

1. Smoochum/Chingling/Mime Jr.
2. Magby/Budew/Bonsly

I have already been assigned these Pokémon:
1. Manly the Mantyke. Desperate to prove itself, it must always be the first Pokemon you send out against a gym leader. During the Elite Four, it may not enter until one of its teammates has fainted. (Edited from original, as I won't have a Remoraid and wouldn't evolve it anyway.) [Assigned by EndQuote]
2. Metrognome the Munchlax. It can only use Metronome and STAB moves, and it must use Metronome the first turn after it is sent out. [Assigned by Newby n00b]
3. Hordel the Elekid. Must start and finish with a moveset of ThunderPunch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, and Cross Chop, and it may never forget any of those moves. Must solo every Dark-type you encounter that does not belong to Grimsley. May never fight a Normal-type. Must solo three of Ghetsis' Pokémon. [Assigned by Dummy007. Pokémon XD reference... nice.]
4. Rocky the male Tyrogue. Must be the highest-leveled Pokémon by at least 2 levels at all times, once it reaches that point. No EV training. Cannot have perfect IV's. No more than 2 TM moves at a time. Must solo Marshal's strongest Pokémon. [Assigned by shinyskarmory. As Marshal's strongest Pokémon in the hack is a tie, I will only solo one of the two, which is Conkeldurr.]

I will not take Wynaut for a very obvious reason. Why not? It's freaking useless!
Any baby Pokémon not listed above are removed for type duplication reasons.

Now for what makes this unique for a scramble: I will use PokéSav to "catch" the babies at level 5, allowing them to have egg moves and moves from earlier generations. All of them will hold Everstones to prevent accidental evolutions, which means no held item restrictions.

My starter will depend on the rest of the team. Obviously, I can't hack in the babies until after the rival battles, so I will use my starter for those battles.

Due to the nature of Volt White, no gym leader/Elite Four/etc. solos will be allowed.

I reserve the right to reject assignments.

Also, Its_A_Random may not issue me a challange, because he thinks I'm a troll who has something against him and Cheri Berry Zubat. Seriously, the Flapsuck thing was over two months ago!

EDIT: Post number ends in 1337. What a coincidence... not. I intentionally planned it this way.
CLARIFICATION EDIT: No mono-attackers. Newby n00b's assignment is VERY close to a mono-attacker, but I'm accepting it anyway.

@Bwburke: Take a Riolu named DarkKnight with the default level-up moves for level 5. Before it evolves, it may only use attacking moves. It may only evolve after you have completed Twist Mountain. At this point, rename it Paladin, and it my only have one attacking move.

EDIT: The Everstone thing is an excuse. Have you ever heard of the B button?

Yaya0 is rejected for making fun of my decision to hack Everstones, and the one attacking move after it evolves. Mono-attacking sets kind of remind me of his old Hidden Power challange...

Burke, you get a Mantyke named Manly. Desperate to prove itself, it must always be the first Pokemon you send out against a gym leader. After it evolves, it becomes shy, and can never fight a gym leader or the elite four until one of it's teammates has fainted.

EDIT: Derp, sorry. Change the "after it evolves" part to "After it passes level 35"

@bwburke94: You get Metrognome the Munchlax. It can only use Metronome and STAB moves, and it must use Metronome the turn it is sent out.

@bwburke: You get Hordel the Elekid. This happens to be the Elekid that Hordel will trade you for a Togepi in Pokemon XD! He must start with a moveset of ThunderPunch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, and Cross Chop, and it may never forget any of those moves. Because he hates Team Cipher and their Shadow Pokemon (except Togepi, of course), he must solo every Dark-type you encounter that does not belong to Grimsley. He may never fight a Normal-type, because Togepi is his best friend, and it's a Normal-type. Finally, he wants to defeat Team Cipher, specifically Greevil, so he must solo half of Ghetsis's team. (If this counts as a "mandatory E4 solo," change it to "be sent out against half of Ghetsis's team.")

Newby and Dummy are accepted. I assume I have to switch out to Hordel every time a Dark-type appears in the wild, but I want a clarification anyway.

I would like to request a Scramble for Platinum of moderate difficulty, no trading. I am going to be playing through again to RNG my SID for a good shiny spread, and would like my play through to be something more than bog standard. I'm just doing this for fun, so I would like to ask for nothing too insane :). If it helps in deciding what pokemon to give me, my OT will be "NCC" and my TID will be "01701" (the registry for Kirk's Enterprise).

Current Team:

1. A drifloon with the following properties:

• it must solo fantina. when battling the gym leader, it may not attack until its ability is triggered. (so maybe a sitrus berry or oran berry?)
  • you must switch in your drifloon whenever a ground attack is used. so for example, if a geodude used magnitude on your other poke, switch drifloon in the next turn. this is because he knows he becomes an item the next gen.
  • name is airballoon.
  • it can evolve after triggering unburden 30 times. it may not use STAB ATTACKS as a drifloon. however, it learns to use them as a drifblim. but u can only have one stab move at a given time. (so no shadow ball and fly but u may have ominous wind with other coverage or fly with other coverage.)
  • If you are burned 5 times (its dream world ability is heat rampage) you can use both your stabs. u must solo one of the elite four, and take out cynthia's spiritomb. during these batles, you may only attack once unburden is triggered.

2. You get a Starly named Hawkeye. This Starly is fiercely proud of its eyesight, so it can never use attacking moves in the darkness of a cave or against dark types. After it evolves into a Staravia, it loses it's prized ability, and becomes depressed. It must constantly act as if it is under the effect of Torment. When it finally evolves into a Staraptor, it accepts it's new ability, and can only attack Pokemon that it has Intimidated.

3. take a Croagunk named Hugh. This Croagunk has no sense of individuality, so it can only know level-up moves. How dull. However, after each Gym battle, Hugh must replace one level-up move with a TM move, so that after getting all 8 badges, it will only know TM moves.

4. Take Shellos, from the East. This Shellos is mad that everyone always catches the ones on the west, so it must solo all Pokemon that can be found on the same Route as Shellos West. It may evolve after soloing the Fuego Ironworks. Also, solo Volkner.

5. take a Magnemite named Magneto. He detests being named after the X-Men villain, and thus must never use Steel attacks (moves like Metal Sound are OK). It also must solo Byron to evolve into Magneton, and can evolve into Magnezone after the battle with Candice.

@Pikachu25

Catch a bidoof on the first route and nickname it "Racist". This bidoof, as the name implies, is a racist, and as such, must solo all pokemon that are black according to the pokedex(also jynx). He also must solo any african american trainers, if there are any in sinnoh. He then solos the third gym leader and evolves. Once he has evolved, he realizes the error of his way and never battles a black pokemon/trainer ever again. He decides that diversity is a great thing, and so he must not have any moves of the same type in his moveset, as well as only being able to use 1 STAB move.

@pika25

take a drifloon. (on fridays at the valley windwork place). it must be male, must have unburden as the ability.

1) it must solo fantina. when battling the gym leader, it may not attack until its ability is triggered. (so maybe a sitrus berry or oran berry?)
2) you must switch in your drifloon whenever a ground attack is used. so for example, if a geodude used magnitude on your other poke, switch drifloon in the next turn. this is because he knows he becomes an item the next gen.
3)name is airballoon.
4)it can evolve after triggering unburden 30 times. it may not use STAB ATTACKS as a drifloon. however, it learns to use them as a drifblim. but u can only have one stab move at a given time. (so no shadow ball and fly but u may have ominous wind with other coverage or fly with other coverage.)
5) if you are burned 5 times (its dream world ability is heat rampage) you can use both your stabs. u must solo one of the elite four, and take out cynthia's spiritomb. during these batles, you may only attack once unburden is triggered.

@Pikachu25
You get a Starly named Hawkeye. This Starly is fiercely proud of its eyesight, so it can never use attacking moves in the darkness of a cave or against dark types. After it evolves into a Staravia, it loses it's prized ability, and becomes depressed. It must constantly act as if it is under the effect of Torment. When it finally evolves into a Staraptor, it accepts it's new ability, and can only attack Pokemon that it has Intimidated.

Random, take a Frillish from Route 17.
Name it Sprite.
If it has the ability Water Absorb, it can only heal at pokecenters and via water absorb and recover (Level 17) No healing items.
If it has the ability Cursed Body, it can only use water-type moves against any opponent who is disabled by Cursed Body.
Good luck, Scramblockes look challenging.

EDIT: 100th post, WOOOT!

SECOND EDIT: TEAM IS COMPLETED!
Current team:
auramaster's Venonat: (Duo)
Must always know:
2 Status moves
2 Attacking moves
2 Bug or Poison moves
2 non-Bug or Poison moves
2 moves with 100% accuracy
2 moves without 100% accuracy

EEVEE3's Kangaskhan: (SubPunch) (Soloing ONE gym leader)
Must use subpunch strategy, can only know one other attacking move.

Steight's Bulbasaur: (Statusaur) (Soloing Misty, Erika and Koga)
Must solo Misty to evolve, then solo Erika and Koga to evolve again.
Must always know sleep powder, and must know poison powder until it evolves into Venusaur.
Must use a powder every time it switches in.
Statusaur>Statuser, I definitely agree. :)

Matticus's Gyarados: (Revenge) (Soloing Misty and Loreli)
Unfortunately, Statuser already called dibs on soloing Misty, so Revenge here is going to solo all trainers in the Cerulean city gym.

Talkinglion's Doduo: (Two-faced) (Soloing rival once, and at least 5 trainers on Victory road)
Must be sent out at least once against each member of the e4 except Loreli.
Can only evolve after soloing rival.

Newby N00b's Poliwag: (Cereal) (Soloing Lance)
Can only use STAB moves for not-very-effective hits.
Can't use Ice-Type moves against Lance.

I'm off to start playing.
Thanks to everybody who gave a poke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)