Team of an Internet Tough Guy. (BW OU)

Hey there Smogonites! I am definitley much more of a casual Competitve Battler, I don't even have Wifi for my DS. Nonetheless, I have been using the same on PO even since I downloaded it. I sometimes have huge success and other times I completley fail, and I want to see what you guys think of it.

Here we go! The TOUGH GUY TEAM. My main approach was sort of anti-metagame team, and ways to deal with weather.

-----------------

Tentacruel (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 228 HP / 236 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Hail
- Confuse Ray

This Tentacruel simply makes this team. It's main job is support. Confuse Ray to buy a turn to switch, Scald for residual damage, clear the weather with Hail, and RS when need be. Despite the basis in hax, it is extremely effective, a 30% chance of Burn augmented by a 50% chance of Confusion leaves little room for the opponent to attack and a turn for me to RS/Hail or switch. I take out SD switch-ins when they attack themselves with +2 Confusion or burn them, HP stealers get hit with that Liquid Ooze and confusion hax, Roopushin can't do much without EQ and simply everyone is wrecked. My Tentacruel makes ragequits.

The EVs I gave Tcruel are slightly random. I obviously want defensive investment, but I need enough speed out outspeed standard Gliscor and Confuse/Scald him.

All isn't fun and games though, my Tcruel does have counters. Water Absorbers annoy it, Toxicroak especially. Rankurusu also doesn't take burn damage, and can kill me with Psychic. Lati@s with Psychic moves also hurt. Celebi has Natural Cure and doesn't take burn, and sometimes carries Psychic. Regardless, I can confuse counters, giving me a 50% opportunity to switch to my revenge killer in if I feel lucky, or go to my own counter.

Kojondo (Mienshao) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Fake Out

Ultimate revenge killer. I originally put this guy on cause of Ulgamoth/Volcarona, and he just does work. Base 105 speed outspeeds +1 Neutral Base 100's and hits them with your choice of HJK or Stone Edge. Mence, Ononokusu, and Volcarona get demolished. Ghost switch-ins are easy to predict for the most part and I can U-Turn for a bit of damage. Fake Out for priority and stalling.

The EVs are straightforward. 252/252.

This Kojondo does have a fair share of counters. The Lati's take almost 50% from HJK so I can take them out after a bit of SR damage. Dory outspeeds, +2 Speed Pokemon usually outspeed me too. Toxicroak and Tentacruel give me problems.

Sc-Rotom (Rotom-W) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

Rotom is a boss in 5th generation. Trick-Specs can sometimes bite me back, but I don't even usually need to trick them off me when I can just kill everything. HPump and Tbolt are standard Rotom moves. WoW for Nattorei/Ferrothorn and friends. This Rotom is all I have for Dory pretty much. If he dies without me clearing out the SS, only Natt can maybe deal with Dory if the Dory has prior damage.

Straightforward EVs. Despite the offensive only investment, he still has decent defenses.

Stopped by Grass types, who resist my STAB. If they have good damage before, I can take them out if I still have my Specs on. Gastrodon/Quagsire also are problems, but I can get the burn on them and they can't do much back.

Nattorei (Ferrothorn) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Curse
- Stealth Rock

My hazards...and more. This Nattorei sweeps. I can Curse up on switch-outs if I have my rocks up, and proceed to demolish teams in any way I see fit. Gyro Ball kills everything, and Power Whip takes care of Waters.

I invested in Sp Def cause my def is awesome with Curse.

Fire types counter obviously. Despite this, I can take a HP Fire from something and hit with Gyro Ball if they are a threat to my team. Heatran stops my shenanigans completely. I can take a fighting moves if I have enough Curses, and I can usually take 1 unboosted one.

Jolteon (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heal Bell
- Shadow Ball

I don't know why people look down on Jolteon. mine is a bit different, it's the team cleric. I have enough natural speed to take out a lot of threats, only Agirudaa, Ninjask, Dory in sand, and Deo-s outspeed. Tbolt hurts, Shadow Ball for coverage on Lati@s and Rank, and HP Ice for Gliscor switch ins.

Straightforward 252/252.

Ttar counters, as well as Ground types on High HP. I can take out Ttar at low health and Hippowdon too. Gastrodon is another problem, but if I can hit it with Shadow Ball and get the Sp. Def drop on the switch in, its usually a 2HKO.

Hihidaruma (Darmanitan) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sheer Force
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Rock Slide
- U-turn

The boss. The winner. The TV Chicken Dinner.

Choice Banded Hihidaruma. Flare Blitz needs no explanation...I take out Water types easy. Heatran can eat that Superpower. Rock Slide for Volcarona, and U Turn for Lati@s switch ins. Everyone gets a fill of hurt. I need SR to be gone for it to be used to it full potential, though. I can usually get one threat out.

EVs? 252/252 Adamant is the only way to go. Base 95 Speed is an okay range, and I have faster guys if I need them.

NOTHING STOPS HIM. Well maybe Kindgra. Still he doesn't take a Superpower easily. Max defense water types usually stop Hihi. Slowbro can eat a U turn...and then eat another from Kojondo. A series of good switches can render him useless.

-----------------

Team problems: I seem to have a problem with Venusaur in the sun. If I don't get lucky and remove Hail early, its pretty much gg. I also don't have priority, so Doryuzu sweeps my team if played right. I have no phazers as well so Baton Pass teams annoy me.

In conclusion, this is my first RMT on Smogon. Any suggestions, replacements, and other information would be kindly appreciated. Thanks for reading!

(btw I'm Internet Tough Guy on PO)

Since you stated Venasaur is giving you problems, consider using Starmie over Tentacruel.

Starmie @ Life Orb
4 HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt / Recover
- Rapid Spin

Hydro Pump for STAB. Ice Beam for coverage, mainly Venasaur. Tbolt for coverage or Recover for HP. Rapid Spin is obvious.

Venusaur still outspeeds Starmie in the sun and doesn't have as much utility as Tentacruel does. Tentacruel usually survives an unboosted EQ and clears the weather with Hail. I can easily handle Venusaur outside of the sun.

Zephyr

Life Stream
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey man. I got a simple suggestion for you that easily wouldn't be much of a transition, but may make a big difference in your team's performance. I looked at some of your concerns and that you were looking for ways to solidly deal with weather etc. Anyway I propose you consider Dragonite as as an alternative to Darmanitan. First reason for this, is that Choice Band Dragonite has Multiscale, meaning it's a fantastic weapon against both rain teams and sun teams in particular. (Although a great pokemon generally anyway!) This is further supported since you do make use of a defensive spinner on your team. Dragonite will patch your Venasaur weakness; as long as you don't let Vena Sleep Powder it. Not to mention just a great source of amazing priority and weather resistance together. Besides for that, it's basically the same idea, except instead of spamming STAB Choice Band Flare Blitz, you're spamming STAB Choice Band Outrage. Here is the set:

Dragonite @ Choice Band
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake / Waterfall
- Fire Punch

Good Luck!

Venusaur still outspeeds Starmie in the sun and doesn't have as much utility as Tentacruel does. Tentacruel usually survives an unboosted EQ and clears the weather with Hail. I can easily handle Venusaur outside of the sun.
Probably should run Air Balloon Heatran then.

I sense a Latios issue.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technichian
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252hp/16atk/240Sdef
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-U-Turn
-Pursuit
Traps and kills Latios, revenges Terrakion, and covers some other stuff too.

A Volcarona weakness also appears to be immenent...

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4hp/252Satk/252spd
-Earth Power
-Fire Blast
-Roar
-Hidden Power [Ice/Grass]
Walls and PHazes Volcarona. He's also a cool guy in general.

Hope I helped.

Hey man. I got a simple suggestion for you that easily wouldn't be much of a transition, but may make a big difference in your team's performance. I looked at some of your concerns and that you were looking for ways to solidly deal with weather etc. Anyway I propose you consider Dragonite as as an alternative to Darmanitan.
Choice Dnite sounds interesting and fits in with my team well, I'll try it out. I also need an EQ Immunity, and Darmanitan has a lot of weaknesses to deal with. Another fighting resist is good, as Fighting moves hurt when Tentacruel is gone.

Probably should run Air Balloon Heatran then.
I'm not too much of a fan of Heatran, but I'll look into it. But I usually am able to Hail before Venusaur gets on the field, and I'm only screwed if I'm against Mixsaur

I sense a Latios issue.
Scizor would probably take the place of Darmanitan, or the Dragonite I'm about to try out. I still have ways of dealing with Latios though, its not too bad with some good prediction. I'll try out CB Scizor too.

A Volcarona weakness also appears to be immenent...
I can come in with Kojondo and Stone Egde most of the time. Tentacruel also has Scald, which still does about 30% if I clear out sun, in conjunction with some Confusion hax. If all else fails, Hihidaruma can take a fire move and hit it with Rock Slide, or Rotom can come in. I don't think Volcarona is too much of an issue.

After a few battles, I'm really liking CB Dnite! It has a slew of useful resistances and is easier to get in than Darmanitan, and Dragon isn't resisted as much as fire. But I do lose the ability to get easy kills on Heatran with Superpower on Darmanitan, but I have EQ and Kojondo so its not too big.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)