National Pokemon Association- Manager's Sign Up [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Approved by Alaka
Amazing thanks to Dozz for the banner!

It’s the end of the VGC season, and I know a lot of you are still thirsty for glory, especially after missing out on Worlds AND Smogon’s first Five on Five Basketball Classic. For those of you that missed the action, I present to you Smogon’s first ever VGC Association, a combination of your favorite game, Pokemon, and everyone’s favorite sports league, the NBA!

Tournament Structure:

- A manager (there will be eight managers total) will select six players (five starters, one substitute) from a pool of players in a snake draft to form a team.
o A lottery will be used to determine draft order.
- Managers will select an NBA team to represent in the NPA. Alaka was kind enough to come up with some creative knockoffs!
- Just like the NBA, we will be having five on five matches with each player playing one of five official Nintendo metagames (Journey Across America, VGC 09, VGC 10, VGC 11, and GBU Doubles). All metagames must be played in the week.
- If VGC 12 is announced on September 1st, 2011, then we will be replacing GBU Doubles with the VGC 12 metagame.
- Matches will happen every week, with each team playing other teams once.
- A player is not performing as well as you hope? Free agents will be present so you can waive your player and pick up a new one!
- Teams with the most metagame victories by the end of the week will win the match
- The Elite Four teams will then advance to the playoffs where they will battle for the coveted NPA Medals!

General Battle Rules:

- All battles will be best two out of three
- Spectators will be up to the players and teams; if you are watching a battle and are asked to leave by the players or their teammates, it is in your best interest to leave or be punished.
- All battles MUST be done on PO.
- All teams can have SIX Pokémon on it, but each battle they will bring FOUR
- Doubles battles
- Managers should submit a team roster as to who is playing what tier prior to battling.
- Players should submit battle logs to me after your matches.

Specific Battle Rules:

- Gen III Mechanics
- Level 100
- Banned Pokémon: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys (All forms), Wobbuffet (only with Leftovers attached)
- Banned Items: Soul Dew, Enigma Berry
- SLEEP CLAUSE
- Self-KO Clause
- No Restriction on Ubers
- Team Preview On (Wi-Fi clause)
- Item Clause
- Species Clause

- Gen IV Mechanics
- Level 50
- Banned Pokémon: Mewtwo, Mew, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Celebi, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Arceus, Dragonite (only TRU Dragonite allowed), Tyranitar, Rotom (all forms)
- Banned Items: Soul Dew
- Self-KO Clause
- Team Preview Off
- Item Clause
- Species Clause
- In between battles, players may switch their items around their Pokémon.
- Please submit a team before your matches; we will do random spot checks to make sure that no one is changing their teams in between battles. If you feel as though your opponent has changed teams, contact me IMMEDIATELY
- NO HG/SS MOVE TUTORS, EGG, OR LEVEL UP MOVES.

- Gen IV Mechanics
- Level 50
- Banned Pokémon: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Arceus.
- Restricted Pokémon (You may have two of these Pokémon in battle with you): Mewtwo, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Palkia, Dialga, Giratina
- Banned Items: Soul Dew
- Self-KO Clause
- Team Preview Off
- Item Clause
- Species Clause
- In between battles, players may switch their items around their Pokémon.
- Please submit a team before your matches; we will do random spot checks to make sure that no one is changing their teams in between battles. If you feel as though your opponent has changed teams, contact me IMMEDIATELY.

- Gen V Mechanics
- Level 50
- UNOVA POKEMON ONLY
- Banned Pokémon: Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyrem, Meloetta, Genesect, and Keldeo.
- Banned Items: Soul Dew, Pinch Berries (except Starf Berry).
- Self-KO Clause
- Team Preview On (Wi-Fi Clause)
- Item Clause
- Species Clause
- You may not change items in between battles.

- Gen V Mechanics
- Level 50
- Banned Pokémon: Mewtwo, Mew, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Celebi, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyrem, Meloetta, Genesect, Keldeo, Chatot.
- Banned Items: Soul Dew, Pinch Berries (except Starf Berry).
- Self-KO Clause
- Team Preview On (Wi-Fi Clause)
- Item Clause
- Species Clause
- You may not change items in between battles.

Tentative Schedule:
August 27- Manager Signups
September 1: Rules for 2012 possibly announced; Signups for players open; Managers selected.
September 8: Player Signups Close
September 9: Draft
September 12-19: Week 1
September 19-26: Week 2
September 26- October 3: Week 3
October 3- 10: Week 4
October 10-17: All-Star Week Surprises!
October 17- 24: Week 5
October 24-31: Week 6
October 31- November 7: Week 7
November 7- 14: Elite Four
November 14-21: NPA Finals!

The order of standings will be determined based on (in order):

• Win Record
  • Battles Won and Battles Lost
  • Head to Head
Manager Roles:

- Come up with a team name from either this list or if you can come up with an even better knockoff, go for it!
Chicago Tauros/Afrobulls
Dallas Rapidash/Zangoose
Sacremento Kinglers
New Orleans Beedrill
Milwaukee Sawsbucks
Memphis Ursarang
Pheonix Solrock
Atlanta Fearrow
Minnesota Mightyena
Seattle Yanmas/Zubats
Indiana Parasect
Boston Celebi
Cleveland Escavalier
Miami Heatran/Heatmor
Denver Nuggets
Los Angeles Lapras
Los Angeles Claydol
Washington Alakazam
Utah Audino
Philidelphia Braviary
Toronto Straraptors/Ttars
Portland Blaizikens
Orlando Magikarp
San Antonio Klinks
Detroit Rotom
New Jersey Natus
New York Scraftys
Houston Regirocks
Oklahoma City Thunderus
Golden State Warturtles

- Draft the best possible squad of players
- Develop the best lineup for your team and submit it at the beginning of each week.
- Help your players develop their skills
- Keep your players in check
- Win
- Managers DO NOT get to play :(

This signup is for PROSPECTIVE MANAGERS only.

Signups will end on Thursday, September 1st.

A Players signup thread will go up on September 1st

Congratulations to our NPA Managers:
Kinneas
Huy
Dubs
Alaka
Bluecookies
Cosmicexplorer
Unreality
The_Chaser

Team Names will be up shortly!

I've never been a manager, but it seems fun and exciting, and it'd be great to meet some new people, so I'd like to sign up as well!

edit: can I manage the Atlanta Azelfs?

I don't know if this will be needed but I'd like be an assistant manager with someone (I won't have enough time to full time manage).

I would like to play as a manager plz the team name Texas Tornadus i hope i get in or if not i'll play as a player

Ps i know what Alaka's picking :)

Assistant managers will not get any glory, sorry :(. Medals will only go to the manager and the players only. Feel free to help with any manager though.

a fairy

I’ll be at PAX East! Will you?
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
I'd like to meet new people and try out VGC, so this might be the best place to start.
Los Angeles Lapras will be my team, if possible.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Not fussed about being a manager, just a suggestion, that someone should use Oklahoma City Durants. For obvious ties and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)