Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll issue an open challenge, this is a quick training match. I'm bringing middle-stage mons.

2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ
0 recovers/0 chills

Arena; We're going back to Crystal Colosseum

Field Type: Electric/Rock
Complexity: Simple/Moderate
Restrictions: Water source far below (costing extra energy to use), seismic activity will cause crystals to drop, electric and rock moves get +2 BAP, no weather.

This is a colosseum from Pokemon Battle Revolution. It is an underground cave with crystals glowing with electricity (or at least that is how I perceive it). There is a nicely painted arena-rectangle for battling, but that certainly doesn't define any boundaries. This cave is just charged with electricity and full of rock. All electric or rock moves get +3 to their base attack power. There is no water supply except for down below, so it takes extra energy (3 energy) to summon it up for moves like Surf. If any seismic activity should take place, all Pokemon are hit will crystals (a 4 BAP physical electric attack with 3 Attack). Since it is an underground cave, no weather can reach the arena. It should make for interesting battles - it could potentially even be a gym if someone wanted to use it for that!
I need to train some mons now.

Switch = lewl
One Ability
No Items
El bumpo. That's spanish for "the bumpo," for those of you who didn't know. Yes, we're still looking for a ref

Training Battle (the results do not go on WLT record)

5v5 Triples
DQ = 2 days, 3 days ref.
2 Recovers, 5 chills
Arena: I'll defer the choice to my opponent, but I request that positioning be off.

I will be using 4 NFEs and one Pokémon who cannot evolve.
I got this. about time I tried triples.

Switch=KO
One Ability
No Items

Arena: Sienna City Gym v2.0

Arena: Sienna City Gym (v2.0)
Field Type: Fire
Complexity: Intense
Format: Singles / Doubles
Restrictions:
-No Weather
-No Digging
-No Seismic Moves
-No Water Source

Description:

Located in Sienna City just south of Route 9001, the Sienna City Gym focuses on the Fire-type above all else. The battlefield itself is found deep underground in a conveniently placed volcanic chamber. The field is roughly 20' x 20', and is suspended 15 feet over a magma pit by tempered steel girders. While the steel is fairly sturdy, using moves such as Magnitude and Earthquake will severely damage the structure, which means that those moves, as well as all like them, are banned for safety's sake. The main platform is also made of tempered steel, so Digging is impossible. Rock moves are usable, but as the only rocks around are molten, moves using them require 3 more energy to keep the rocks from melting. If a Pokemon is knocked into / falls into the lava, they lose 15 HP and have a 50% chance of being burned (unless they are Fire-type, in which case they only lose 10 HP, or the Pokemon has Flash Fire, in which case they suffer no damage; however, they do not gain the boost from Flash Fire). At the end of each round, a jet of fire may erupt from underneath one of the Pokemon; this happens roughly 30% of the time. The damage done to the Pokemon will be given as follows:

If the Pokemon in question resists Fire 4x, they lose 3 HP.

If they resist 2x, they lose 5 HP.

If they are neutral to Fire, they lose 10 HP.

If they are 2x weak to Fire, they lose 15 HP.

If they are 4x weak to fire, they lose 20 HP.

If the Pokemon has wings / can Fly or Teleport (not including Pokemon such as the Gliscor line or other Pokemon that cannot actually "fly"), they take no damage, but must use their next action to return to the platform, using 2/3 of the move's usual Energy cost. If this occurs after the last action of the round, the Pokemon will still return to the platform, but cannot move for the first action next round.

If the Pokemon has the ability Flash Fire, they lose no HP, but do not gain the Flash Fire bonus.

And that's about it.

Is it okay if I use 4 basic stages and one middle stage?

Hey, I'm looking for a 3v3 Singles Beginner Match.

I want to fight at the Standard ASB stadium but at night. (NIGHT MATCH!!!!!)

1 Day DQ.

Any Challengers?
Obbmud, I'll fight you, but you'll have to let me run out and buy another LC mon.

Switch=KO
Items=Off
One Ability

Also, is their stadium lighting for night battles at the ASB arena (i.e playing 'under the lights')?
I'll take this, if you give me 2 day DQ. Is there any difference fighting at night? I haven't heard of anything. Although I'd imagine Morning Sun would be less powerful, and Sunny Day wouldn't be allowed...

3v3 weakmons singles
DQ=4 days cuz I gone on weekends usually :P
Arena: Acceptors choice but water must be present.
Accepting Cloverleaf's challenge.

Items=no
Switch=Yes
Abilities=One

Arena: Glacier Knight's Luna Hill
Field Type- Dark/Ghost
Complexity- Moderate
Format- Singles, Doubles
Restrictions- No weather, No digging, No seismic activity

Luna Hill: Known throughout Kanto as a better couple’s spot than cerulean cape, a battle here is a very nice one. The large hill has a small battle area on it, twenty feet long and twenty feet wide, but pokemon are allowed to battle anywhere on the hill, as long as they stay on it’s rounded peak. There are three cherry blossoms on the hill (Two beside each other on the eastern edge and one in the southern section) and a small pond (Two feet deep, six feet wide and seven feet long) right beside the battle area. To keep the tradition of Luna Hill all battles are at night, and the lovers who come up to relax can watch the battles. Because there are innocent bystanders no weather inducing moves are allowed here (Would you want to take your date to a couple’s paradise and then get struck by hail?) and destruction of the hill’s landscape is forbidden (E.g dig, earthquake, explosion). The moon is always shining on Luna Hill, so most trainers choose a nocturnal pokemon or one that gets it’s power from the moon for battle. Summary: No Dig/Earthquake, weather summoning moves will fail. The moon produces a lot of light, so it is not too dark, though nocturnal pokemon will have the advantage (dark pokemon and pokemon like hoothoot and noctowl gain +1 accuracy and +1 speed). Pokemon and battle anywhere on the hill, as long as they stay on the hill’s peak.
I'll take this too, why not? I like reffing singles matches.

Alright, I hope this will work out

1 vs 1 singles
0 recoveries, 0 chills
using a mid-stage Pokemon

I leave on Friday so this match has to be finished before then

Arena:
Skywalk, CN tower

don't fall off

I'll take this, if you give me 2 day DQ. Is there any difference fighting at night? I haven't heard of anything. Although I'd imagine Morning Sun would be less powerful, and Sunny Day wouldn't be allowed...

I'll take this too, why not? I like reffing singles matches.
OK.
2 day DQ is fine. I'll pm you my team.

2v2 Doubles
36 Hour DQ
1 Recovery/2 Chills
Tournament Arena
Send only 1 FE and 1 NFE (mid-stages included) to the ref

2v2 Doubles
36 Hour DQ
1 Recovery/2 Chills
Tournament Arena
dropping above challenge

this has to be finished by Friday morning btw (for the ref)

Switch = Quack
Items = off
all abilities

looking for a ref now

Open Battle
4v4 Doubles
2 Day DQ
2 Rec./5 Chills
No FE mons
At least 3 o your pokemon must share the same typing (i'll be using all psyquic pokes)

An Ancient Coliseum where every attack can be used, there's enough water in the channels around the battlefield, but Dark attacks will have their power halved.

Challenging Ragnarokalex
6v6 Singles
2 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/5 Chills per Pokemon
Arena: A Senator's Home
That's right, a Senator's home. Pokemon won't be hurt by slamming into the things within his house (and who cares about damage to his place anyway?), and weather can be used after a few AoE attacks break the building open. However, it's a politician's home, so they've decided that the items, like themselves, must be completely useless: that is, they cannot effect damage or energy or status or priority or anything else relevant to the fight itself. If one of those items is brought into battle, the Senator will force through a Bill which does 5 DPA to the Pokemon in question.

Three more challenges!

2v2 Doubles Strongmon

2v2 Doubles Weakmon

1v1 Singles Strongmon

All share a 1 Day DQ, 2 Recover/3 Chill, Accepter's Choice on Arena, preference of items off.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'll be a nerd and ref Gerard's duel challenge whenever someone accepts it! I hope that 2 day DQ isn't as bad as it seems, but university is pretty bad so hmm...

Someone better accept or I'll activate my trap card...

And send in my Blue-eyes White Dragon. And Exodia.

I need to test out the wheels on one of the new boys.

2v2 Doubles
(1 Strongmon, 1 LC legal)
3 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/ 5 Chills
Arena:
Field Type: Diverse
Complexity: Intense
Format: All
Restrictions: Weather moves won't work.

Description:
A simple little grove in the middle of a forest, with a 50m clearing in the middle. river runs silently off to the side of the arena, about 2.5m deep and 3m wide. A beautiful full moon beams down on this picturesque scene. So, what make this arena more?

Time Travel.

At the beginning of every round, Celebi shows up (Non-catchable) and shifts everyone from the current timeline to a random alternate. The potential timelines are:

- Natural Life: The starting arena. Call it home if you like, because it'll be the only promise of neutral comfort you'll get. No special effects.
- Forest Fire: Tiger, Tiger, burning bright... All Fire types thrive in the heat, increasing the Base Power of all their moves by 1. Water and Ice moves also have their Damage decreased to 2/3. All others unused to the intense heat with have -1 Accuracy.
- Industrialization: Welcome to the Streets. Desolate for as far as the eye can see, nothing but concrete and iron. The river and all the trees are gone, and Seismic Activity and Dig are unusable. Steel and Electric types are right at home, and have the Energy cost reduced of all moves by 2. Most Poison-types were born here, so they recieve a STAB bonus on all their moves.
- Drought: Sunlight, so harsh it burns. The trees have lost their leaves, and offer little to no relief to wary battlers. All Grass-Types will be treated as if they have Solar Power, as well as their normal abilities, and Water-types with Dry Skin.
- Storm: Thunderbolts and Lightning, very very Frightening! The river has flooded from the rainfall, and everyone has about 25cm of water around their ankles! This impedes foot-movement, and all moves that require going up and striking your opponent to have negative priority. Flying types, Levitators and Water-types are able to ignore this, due to their ability to avoid/thrive in watery conditions.
- Deadland: The river dried up, and the land died with it. Nothing but Sand as far as the eye can see, which isn't very far, with the giant Sandstorm in your face. Pokemon uncomfortable with Desert conditions have -1 Accuracy.
- Snowbound: Welcome to a Winter Wonderland. Weather is Snowing (Hail, without the damage per Action), and the River has frozen over. Pokemon unfit for Winter conditions will move slower than normal.
- Sweet Naptime: Identical to Natural Life, but during the Night. Because of the tranquility, a sense of peace befalls all Pokemon; Chilling regains 10 health as well as 18% Energy, and Recoveries are 25% more effective. This peace also affects a Pokemon's fighting prowess; All Pokemon lose 1 Rank in both Attacks for the duration of this Round, and cannot use an attacking move of 10BP (With STAB) or over.

1 more thing, I'm applying Quasi rules: A Strongmon may not attack a LC 'mon in any way, shape or form unless attacked first by said LC 'mon.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Three more challenges!

2v2 Doubles Strongmon
I'll take the Strongmon Doubles.

Switch = why?
No Items
All Abilities

And for an arena, lets go with something basic cause my originality is lacking. Lets just say it is a prairie with a small pond off to the side. Pretty much wide open otherwise.

2v2 Doubles
36 Hour DQ
1 Recovery/2 Chills
Tournament Arena

dropping above challenge

this has to be finished by Friday morning btw (for the ref)

Switch = Quack
Items = off
all abilities

looking for a ref now
I'll ref this, and hopefully I can keep up with the DQ (what with having to send everything to my Tutor and back). PM Teams.

Ice Bug, I'll take the 2v2 weakmons doubles

Items off
switch = nope
one ability
Arena: just make it asb arena

Also, Looking for a quick battle
Open Challenge
1v1 Training battle
1 Day DQ
0 Recoveres/Chills
Arena: ASB Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)