Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, throwing down a 2 vs 2 doubles, Little Cup banlist in effect
2 Day Dq
2 recover, 5 chill
Arena: Rediamond's bug gym concept

WELCOME TO INDIANA PEOPLE! Weather is insane, but only lasts for a minute, and this battle is the most interesting thing to ever happen in this boy scout camp. Right now out weather rock tells us it's raining, which will probably last for another three turns or so unless someone bothers to change it. So, just what are we looking at here?

Tailwind's effect is doubled, but it only lasts for a round.
Rain will come with a 25% chance of any given Pokemon getting struck by lightning at the end of a round. It will deal 0 damage with an electric immunity, 5 damage with a 4x resist, 10 with a 2x resist, 15 if hit neutrally, 20 if hit super effectively, and 25 if hit 4x super effectively. It will only last for two rounds, and have it's energy cost reduced by one.
Sun has the same energy cost and duration going, but with a different change. Here, any energy over 15 a Pokemon exerts in a round will deal 3 damage per extra energy to it due to the difficulty of working in the hot sun.
Hail will boost the BP of ice moves by 3, and deal one more DPA than normal. Same energy and duration rules as rain dance.
Sandstorm will reduce the accuracy of any Pokemon not immune to sandstorm damage by 20%. Same energy and duration restrictions.

Permanent weather abilities are still permanent, but will cost one more energy than normal to activate and reactivate.

The only other thing to note is that the battle's in a large, open field with a rock hanging from a tripod in the center to help us tell the weather. (If it's hot, it sunny. If it's wet, it's raining. If it's white, it's snowing. If it's glowing... RUN!!!)

Who's up for it?

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Originally Posted by Fat Terrador
Challenging Ragnarokalex
6v6 Singles
2 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/5 Chills per Pokemon
Arena: A Senator's Home
That's right, a Senator's home. Pokemon won't be hurt by slamming into the things within his house (and who cares about damage to his place anyway?), and weather can be used after a few AoE attacks break the building open. However, it's a politician's home, so they've decided that the items, like themselves, must be completely useless: that is, they cannot effect damage or energy or status or priority or anything else relevant to the fight itself. If one of those items is brought into battle, the Senator will force through a Bill which does 5 DPA to the Pokemon in question.
Originally Posted by Fat Ragnarokalex
Accepting
Items=ON
Abilities=All
Switch=OK
Okay yeah I can do another one of these.

Training Battle (the results do not go on WLT record)

5v5 Triples
DQ = 2 days, 3 days ref.
2 Recovers, 5 chills
Arena: I'll defer the choice to my opponent, but I request that positioning be off.

I will be using 4 NFEs and one Pokémon who cannot evolve.
I got this. about time I tried triples.

Switch=KO
One Ability
No Items

Arena: Sienna City Gym v2.0

Arena: Sienna City Gym (v2.0)
Field Type: Fire
Complexity: Intense
Format: Singles / Doubles
Restrictions:
-No Weather
-No Digging
-No Seismic Moves
-No Water Source

Description:

Located in Sienna City just south of Route 9001, the Sienna City Gym focuses on the Fire-type above all else. The battlefield itself is found deep underground in a conveniently placed volcanic chamber. The field is roughly 20' x 20', and is suspended 15 feet over a magma pit by tempered steel girders. While the steel is fairly sturdy, using moves such as Magnitude and Earthquake will severely damage the structure, which means that those moves, as well as all like them, are banned for safety's sake. The main platform is also made of tempered steel, so Digging is impossible. Rock moves are usable, but as the only rocks around are molten, moves using them require 3 more energy to keep the rocks from melting. If a Pokemon is knocked into / falls into the lava, they lose 15 HP and have a 50% chance of being burned (unless they are Fire-type, in which case they only lose 10 HP, or the Pokemon has Flash Fire, in which case they suffer no damage; however, they do not gain the boost from Flash Fire). At the end of each round, a jet of fire may erupt from underneath one of the Pokemon; this happens roughly 30% of the time. The damage done to the Pokemon will be given as follows:

If the Pokemon in question resists Fire 4x, they lose 3 HP.

If they resist 2x, they lose 5 HP.

If they are neutral to Fire, they lose 10 HP.

If they are 2x weak to Fire, they lose 15 HP.

If they are 4x weak to fire, they lose 20 HP.

If the Pokemon has wings / can Fly or Teleport (not including Pokemon such as the Gliscor line or other Pokemon that cannot actually "fly"), they take no damage, but must use their next action to return to the platform, using 2/3 of the move's usual Energy cost. If this occurs after the last action of the round, the Pokemon will still return to the platform, but cannot move for the first action next round.

If the Pokemon has the ability Flash Fire, they lose no HP, but do not gain the Flash Fire bonus.

And that's about it.
Still need a ref for this.

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
OPEN CHALLENGE:

3vs3 Triples
2-day DQ
0 Recoveries / 0 Chills
LC-eligible Pokes only
Arena: ASB Tournament Arena

EDIT: Thanks! Must've been a trend I missed out on before the powers that be nipped it.

Korski, I'll take you up on that offer. I have a few more pokemon i need to train.

Switch = ...
Abilities = One
Items = Off

Now we just need a ref.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Challenging iiMKUltra

6 v 6 Doubles Training
3 Day DQ
3 Recoveries/Chills
Whatever arena.

Offering a challenge to anybody who wants it:

3v3 singles, 1 day DQ (ref gets 2), no recoveries or chills (except by the method the arena provides)
Tier: Acceptor can choose anything except strongmons
Arena: The Starship Heart of Gold
The Heart of Gold is the most wonderous starship ever invented. It's powered by the Infinite Improbability generator, a device which can make anything, no matter how improbable, occur.

The arena is basically the ASB arena, except with a roof. All attacks can be used because the Infinite Improbability generator can make water appear out of midair, use weather in a spaceship, etc. However, at the end of every round the Infinite Improbability Generator is activated. It causes one of 4 things to happen, each with its own improbability.

1. For both pokemon's next successful attack, all dice rolls will succeed. This carries over if a pokemon does not get to attack (due to flinching or freezing) 10%

2. Both pokemon are restored 30 HP and 50 Energy. 10%

3. Both pokemon are cleared of all status effects, stat changes, and all field effects are cleared. 40%

4. A cup of tea appears. (Nothing happens) 40%

Any takers?

Paradoxus, consider me on it.

Also, I have two battles that need refs (both 2v2 Doubles), and a 1v1 Strongmon Singles still up for grabs!

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Three more challenges!

2v2 Doubles Strongmon

2v2 Doubles Weakmon

1v1 Singles Strongmon

All share a 1 Day DQ, 2 Recover/3 Chill, Accepter's Choice on Arena, preference of items off.
I'll take the 1 v 1 singles. Arena: Standard Tourney Arena

Open Challenge

1v1 Singles
1 Day DQ (2 days for ref)
0 Recoveries/5 chills
Weakmons only
Arena: The Bleeding Place

Having existed for centuries, this acidic lake continues to froth and bubble. There is no water in the lake, only liquid sulfur. If a pokemon were to breathe this in, they would suffer serious burns in the lungs. As a result of this, only Poison, Ghost-types, or any pokemon without a serious need to breathe (i.e. baltoy or nosepass) may be used due to the extreme amount of toxins in the air. If one were to be knocked off the 15x15 earthen platform and fall into the scalding lake, they would take serious damage and would suffer with severe poisoning and a burn. Levitating pokeon may not be knocked in, however, they may get so close to the lake that they can suffer from the effects.

-only Poison, Ghost types, or pokemon without a need to breathe
-if a pokemon were to fall into the lake, they will suffer 25 damage, severe poisoning, and a burn
-small platform

OPEN CHALLENGES:

1)
2vs2 Doubles
2 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
NFEs/No Evolution
You choose Arena, I send out second.

2)
2vs2 Doubles
2 Day DQ
0 Recoveries/2 Chills
NFEs/No Evolution
You choose Arena, I send out second.

Open Challenge

1v1 Singles
1 Day DQ (2 days for ref)
0 Recoveries/5 chills
Weakmons only
Arena: The Bleeding Place

Having existed for centuries, this acidic lake continues to froth and bubble. There is no water in the lake, only liquid sulfur. If a pokemon were to breathe this in, they would suffer serious burns in the lungs. As a result of this, only Poison, Ghost-types, or any pokemon without a serious need to breathe (i.e. baltoy or nosepass) may be used due to the extreme amount of toxins in the air. If one were to be knocked off the 15x15 earthen platform and fall into the scalding lake, they would take serious damage and would suffer with severe poisoning and a burn. Levitating pokeon may not be knocked in, however, they may get so close to the lake that they can suffer from the effects.

-only Poison, Ghost types, or pokemon without a need to breathe
-if a pokemon were to fall into the lake, they will suffer 25 damage, severe poisoning, and a burn
-small platform
Items = On
Switch = Bleed to death
Abilities = One

-----------

Format: 4v4 Doubles
DQ: 2 Days
Restricted Moves: 3 Recovers / 5 Chills
Pokemon: Strongmons
Special Rules: Only Red/Orange/Pink Pokemon permitted. The players do not PM the refs their Pokemon, they may send out any pokemon they have.
Arena said:
Arena: The Red Kingdom
Field Type: None
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All

Restrictions: Only red/orange/pink Pokemon are permitted.

The Emperor of the Red Kingdom wants to see a nice pokemon battle. His favorite color is red and so he wishes that all the Pokemon participating are red. The battle will take place in the field outside of his palace, where he will be able to watch the battle. The field is similar to the ASB tournament arena, however the Emperor's security has taken precautions; if any move does more than 30 damage in one action, the security will unleash Houndoom on that pokemon, worried that the attack could hurt the Emperor.

Alright, got more free time on my hands so its time to reload the ol' ref wagon, ill be taking:

Jas vs Icebug 2v2 Doubles
Arcanite vs Hoblaph 2v2 Doubles
Simonsays vs rewindman 1v1 Singles
Dogfish vs icebug 1v1 Singles

if theres anyone thats been waiting awhile on a ref, vm me and ill see if i cant squeeze in a 5th one here

Open Challenge!
6v6 Brawl
Beginner Battle (The Pokemon can't have rarity higher than 2, can't have DW abilities unlocked, must be bottom-stage, cannot have significant MC investment)
Arena: ASB Tournament Arena
No, not the Unown Soup arena, you gooses.

Open Battle
4v4 Doubles
2 Day DQ
2 Rec./5 Chills
No FE mons
At least 3 o your pokemon must share the same typing (i'll be using all psyquic pokes)

An Ancient Coliseum where every attack can be used, there's enough water in the channels around the battlefield, but Dark attacks will have their power halved.
Necesary bump (DQ can change if needed)

PS: Terrador, I'll battle you (just tell me if kurt is ok, or i should buy that bronzor i've been planning)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)