Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter how many times I do it, Scrambling in Platinum is still fun. So, lets get another one going!

Rules:

1. No repeating types, please, as always
2. Please include a nickname
3. Don't give me a Staraptor, Azumarill, Rapidash, Garchomp, Leafeon, or Rotom. They're already bro-tier, so I have no need to use them again. I like playing with Pokemon I haven't used before
4. For the love of god, do not give me a Bidoof. Every time I ask for a challenge in DPP, someone wants to give me a Bidoof. Just. No.
5. Be creative, but don't be crazy either. Try and find just the right balance
6. I am unable to trade

Take a Pachirisu. Because only the manliest of men use Pachirisu, name it Manly. To start, the number of Pokemon in the Windworks Building that it does not solo is the number of levels you will have to grind afterwords. Next, it must go through the entire Eterna Forrest with Chansey. Afterwords, it decides to take a break, so it may not be used again until it finds 5 items in Amity Square at Hearthome. Once it does so, it must solo 5 Gym Leader Pokemon, and 3 Elite 4 Pokemon.

Also, I'd like to request another HeartGold Scramble. No trading. Go.

Tyranitarphantom, you get Migraine the Psyduck.
This Psyduck is suffering from an intense migraine, so it can only use attacking moves as a last resort. (If it is under 50% hp)
It can evolve after Cynthia gives you the Secret Potion.
After it receives the medicine, it feels great and must learn and keep Psych Up and copy ANY stat change a foe has before it can attack.
It must solo Bertha.

TalkingLion, you get Mr Owl the Hoothoot.
This little flying-type is perpetually reflecting on how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie-Pop.
As such, it can only attack from behind a Reflect. (After level 17)
It must solo either Koga or Bruno. Your choice.

Good luck to both of you.

@Tyranitarphantom and TalkingLion: You get A7X the Zubat. Its restrictions are based off of the lyrics of the song Bat Country.

"I won't lose my will to stay" - Cannot switch out

"The heatstroke ridden weather" - Must learn Sunny Day ASAP; when possible, replace with Heat Wave

"Too many doses and I'm starting to get an attraction" - When given twenty items from the Medicine section of your bag, it must successfully use Attract

"I adjust to my new sights" - Can evolve into Golbat after learning Mean Look and must use all 5 PP ASAP

"I've been sane too long; my vision's so unclear" - If you decide to evolve it into Crobat, it cannot use 100% accurate moves (EDIT: except Attract)

TalkingLion, first of all, you're going to flip a coin.

If it lands on Heads, you get Broken the Shellder. It is highly envious of other Water-types, and longs to be OU. Therefore, it must solo every fully evolved Water-type that you encounter that is in OU (Gen 4). It must solo one of each to evolve (Vaporeon, Gyarados, Tentacruel, Starmie, and Kingdra; Swampert, Empoleon, and Suicune don't count). Once evolved, it must always know Icicle Spear and Spike Cannon, regardless of if it has Skill Link or not.

If it lands on Tails, you get Cool Guy/Cool Girl the Seel (obviously change name to match gender). If it's ability is Thick Fat, it finds itself too heavy to swim, so it may not learn Surf, and must learn Brine. If it's ability is Hydration, it must know Rest and Rain Dance, and may not have items used on it. Once the moveset requirements are met, it may evolve

Best of luck!

Well, I've got all my challenges, so I think I'll get started! ^-^ I'll keep you updated on my team roster, due to many of the challenges depending on dice rolls and gender. See ya later!

Female: Your Ralts is idealistic and forward thinking. She believes very strongly in protecting the weak, so she must solo Cyrus at every encounter. She's also passionate about the rights of Pokemon a la N, so she refuses to fight against wild pokemon. She may evolve into a Kirlia after defeating the Team Galactic Grunts with Dawn in Veilstone, and then to Gardevoir after the events at Spear Pillar. Name her something feminine (can be anything you want)

Male: Your Ralts is nostalgic and honorable. He yearns for the days of feudal Sinnoh, where samurai Gallades fought each other ferociously and with Honor. (yes, I mean capitol-H Honor) The ancient Gallades had a code of honor which male Ralts and Kirlia had to live by in order to earn their Dawn Stone. The code of Honor is:
Code:
1. Be willing to die for your friends and family (may not be switched out once he has entered battle.)
2. Always fight fairly and with honor. (May not attack an opponent who is below half health, unless he put the opponent below half health. May not attack an opponent with a status effect, period.)
3. Be as intelligent as you are skilled in battle. (Learn and keep Calm Mind)
He may evolve to Kirlia after soloing 5 trained pokemon who have STAB that is super effective against him, 5 trained pokemon while paralyzed, burnt, or poisoned, and after surviving at least one Selfdestruct or Explosion from a pokemon within 5 levels of it. These tasks were set when he was hatched by the elite Gallades, in order to test his resolve. He may evolve into Gallade after proving his worth by soloing the Mt. Coronet Cyrus battle or Giratina, either one without healing.

@Tyranitarphantom Take "Steelix" the Onix, since it knows it will never evolve because you can't trade it tries to be a Steelix. Meaning it will always hold a Metal Coat and always know Iron Tail after level 41. Item and attack required before you challenge Volkner. He must solo Volkner.

@TalkingLion Take "PiPiPi" the Togepi, it must always know Metronome and use it against 1 gym leader pokemon after it hatches. It cannot evolve into Togetic until the Red Gyarados is defeated or captured and cannot become Togekiss until Misty is defeated. As Togetic/Togekiss it must always know Metronome and Fly.

EndQuote is rejected; because this is my Diamond, I cannot capture wild Ponyta on Route 207. I have to wait until the second wave to get one. Everyone else is accepted minus the nicknames.

Started a new game on my Diamond, named myself Scotty. And my Trainer ID is... 32737. Got my Piplup, and 2HKO'd the wild Starly! Wow, Piplup, you're awesome like that.

I'll take a HeartGold scramble challenge. Sounds like it could be fun. At most 1 pokemon who is only normal please (such as Sentret). Oh, and I can't trade.

(I'll edit in my team as it's given to me. The stories are very amusing.)

Butterfree (Venonat/moth) - Can only learn Butterfree moves until soloing a gym leader. Also must solo every Butterfree and Venomoth

Shell (sandshrew) - Must defence curl whenever sent out. At level 37, defence curl is replaced with Sandstorm, and evolves into a Sandslash named Spike that can only attack in sandstorms. Solos Koga or Jasmine.

Tyrogue - Rocky if Hitmonchan, can only use STAB moves until soloing Machamp, but only if the E4 is beaten afterwards. Miyagi if Hitmonlee, can't fight Team Rocket grunts, only admins, must learn Counter but not Revenge. Technitop if Hitmontop, can only use moves that would be boosted by Technician, or boosting/status moves.

Gator (totodile) - Can only use Tackle, STAB and Ice moves. Evolves first after soloing Bugsy, second after soloing Chuck. If he soloes and E4, he can use all moves. Must solo Kanto gym 1 and 7, and 2 of Red's pokemon.

Bruce (pineco) - Must learn Explosion. After defeating 10 trainer pokemon and finishing 2 gym leaders with Explosion, he can evolve. After evolving, must learn spikes and set 3 layers in 2 E4 battles and vs Lance. Also need another pokemon gained from headbutt in my PC.

Justice (growlithe) - Must solo every Burgler/Kindler/Team Rocket member. Can not battle Gym Leaders. If he faints when fighting a Burgler/Kindler/TR, can not be used for 3 trainer battles. Must solo all ghosts until Morty, after which must solo every other ghost. After soloing 50 ghosts, may evolve. After evolving, doesn't need to solo ghosts, but must be in the lead on new routes/trainers. Restrictions removed after E4.

BrazilianGuy, for your free slot catch a Magikarp and name it Beethoven. You must evolve it into a Gyarados ASAP, and it must learn 4 moves ASAP. It may never forget Splash. Beethoven is deaf, so he never knows what attacks you want him to use. Therefore, he just uses them at random. Each attack is assigned a value 1-4:

1: Splash
2: Special Move
3: Physical Move
4: Whatever you want

For each attack, roll some dice until you get a number 1-4. That will be the attack Beethoven uses that turn. If at any point Beethoven uses Splash 5 times in a row, he will realize what a useless move it is and can forget it for something else, but the new move can't be above 70 BP. Have fun!

Errz, go into the Bug Catching contest and catch a Venonat. Venonat is convinced that she should have evolved into a Butterfree instead of a stupid Venomoth (seriously, look at the sprites), so she can only learn moves that Butterfree could also learn. Since she is so jealous of real Butterfree, she must solo every one you encounter. She must also solo every Venomoth. If she ever solos a Gym leader without any healing items, she learns that Venomoths are special in their own way, and may learn whatever she wants. She can evolve whenever you want.

Erzz, take a Sandshrew named Shell.
This Sandshrew is very timid, so it must use Defense Curl immediately every time it is sent out.

At level 37, replace Defense Curl with Sandstorm. It can now evolve. If possible, rename it Spike.
As a Sandslash, it is no longer timid, but loves to change the weather. It can only attack if a sandstorm is raging.

It must solo either Koga or Jasmine, your choice.
Good luck!

Sorry about the Ponyta, Pika, I was thinking about Platinum. mb

Take a Shinx from Route 202.
This tiny lion is unsure about it's electrical ability, so it can only use STAB moves if it uses Charge first.
After it evolves, it becomes more confident, and shows off by Swaggering about instead of attacking.
Replace Charge with Swagger, and it must use Swagger immediately every time it switches in.
If you manage to keep it alive until it evolves again, it loses all restrictions.

Good luck, Scramblockes look challenging.

Catch a Geodude on Route 207.
It is very independent and does not like other people fighting its battles. So, it can only fight solo, except for double battles. If it participates in a double battle with a single other pokemon (no switching either out), it will be impressed by that pokemon's skill and be able to switch with that pokemon.
If you are fighting a trainer with multiple pokemon, you can switch it out after KOing a pokemon. It only wants to beat the individual pokemon, not the trainer themself.
You can evolve it when ever you want. Hopefully that made sense, good luck!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yay, I inspire people...

Pika25, Route 204 nets you a Budew. After it learns its first four moves, you may only teach it three more moves for the remainder of the game, so pick wisely.

Have fun.

Erzz, follow my instructions carefully. Take a Tyrogue, how you get it doesn't really matter to me. It has no restrictions until it evolves, exactly at level 20.

Hitmonchan: Name it Rocky. He trains maniacally to prepare for his one chance to beat the champion (Bruno's Machamp). When he soloes it in a successful E4 challange, he earns the right to use non-STAB moves.

Hitmonlee: Name it Miyagi. It believes that "there is no such thing as bad student; only bad teacher". Therefore, it may not battle against any Team Rocket trainers except for Admins, because he wants to combat the root of the problem. Miyagi may never learn Revenge, because he doesn't hold grudges. However, he must learn Counter.

Hitmontop: Name it Technitop. The only attacking moves it may use are those which Technician boosts in power (it may learn status and boosting moves), WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE TECHNICIAN.

Ezz take a Totodile,name i Gator, it can only use STAB moves and ice type moves. but tackle is allowed.
Can only evolve by soloing Bugsy and then to evolve again it must solo Chuck. Must solo one E4 member to unlock non-stab(other then ice and tackle) moves. After you beat the E4 it must solo the 1st kanto gym and the 7th kanto gym. Must solo 2 of reds pokes. Enjoy

Erzz, you get Bruce the Pineco. He is addicted to exploding, so he must learn explosion ASAP. To evolve, Bruce must use explosion on 10 trained pokemon and finish off 2 gym leaders in Jhoto with explosion. Once he evolves, he must immediatly learn spikes and set up 3 layers of spikes in 2 E4 battles and against Lance.Bruce loves a good Spruce tree, so you must have another headbutt pokemon in one of your boxes in case he ever needs a friend. Enjoy and happy exploding!

Time for a scramble in Pokemon Black

-Medium Difficulty
-Nicknames and stories are much appreciated
-All fully evolved before the Elite Four
-At least one bug and one dark type
-No Tepig, Woobat, Pidove, Patrat, Lillipup, or Deino
-I will have my starter and will trade one Pokemon from another file
-4 Pokemon by fifth gym
-Full party by the eighth gym

The reason I am trading one Pokemon is for people who want to give me Pokemon from Victory Road or late in the game.

(Team goes here)
You'll be taking Coulomb the Joltik, who must be the first Joltik you encounter in Chargestone Cave. It has Unnerve? Tough shit. It's Adamant? Tougher shit. IV's of 3 in every stat? Toughest shit.

Anyhoo, Coulomb here is an absolute coward as a Joltik. She will run away from absolutely anything, and so she must know and keep Volt Switch to help her do so. This is the only Electric STAB move she may know (though this does not include status moves such as Thunder Wave). She must use Volt Switch on any Pokémon she's against that hits her super effectively, or resists one of her STAB moves. Eventually, you reach Icirrus City, and she comes up against the scariest things she's ever seen - Brycen's Beartic and Cryogonal. If she manages to solo both of these threats without using Volt Switch, she may evolve to Galvantula, and the above restrictions are lifted. If not, she may only evolve after Victory Road, and must keep the above restrictions.

Aditya, on Route 4, catch a male Scraggy. His name will be Leon.
He is very confident in his hand to hand fighting abilities. He swaggers about looking for trouble. He doesn't like using objects to help him win. If someone uses an object against him, he gets angry and refuses to fight them anymore, wanting a pure test of skills. Once he has proven himself by soloing any Gym, he may evolve.

So: Only physical moves. Must use Swagger as his first move in any fight. Can't use moves such as Rock Throw. If a move such as Rock Throw is used against him, he must switch out and cannot switch back into that pokemon.

Take what's becoming my signature challange: an Honorable Oshawott.

Name this Oshawott Bushido. It will not fight against any pokemon with a status effect or with less then half HP, unless it caused this effect to happen. It will not fight against any pokemon 4x weak to Water. It may evolve to Dewott after Burgh, and to Samurott after Brycen. That is all.

Aditya8081, take a Sewaddle named Seamstress.
It must have the ability Swarm.

This tiny Pokémon is fiercely aggressive and loves to swarm all over enemies.
As such, when it is below 1/3 health, it can use only bug-type moves.

When it evolves, it loses it's beloved Swarm, and becomes depressed.
It now must act as if it is constantly under the effects of torment.
IF Leaf Guard heals it of status three times, ignore this restriction, as it realizes it has a cool ability and cheers up.

When it evolves again, it regains Swarm, but now misses Leaf Guard. (Oh the irony)
It may not attack if it has a status condition, and can never use bug-type moves if it is under 1/3 health.

It must solo Clay.
Good luck!

You get "Magnet" the Klink, he believes he is a magnemite, so much in fact he must always know 2 electric attacks. He can evolve into Klang whenever possible but can only evolve into Klinklang in Chargestone Cave.

You get Battleaxe the Axew. Its destiny has always been to challenge Marshal, and it should show up looking its best before the Elite Four. However, it can pass "special syndrome" as a legitimate excuse not to fight; in other words, the more special attacks it has before the Elite Four, the fewer of Marshal's Pokémon it has to solo (for example, if it has no special moves, it must solo Marshal's entire team; if it has one special move, it must solo three Pokémon; etc.) Also, it must solo Ghetsis' Hydreigon.

So this is my team... Interesting...

I will get Oshawott as my starter. After that, I will trade Axew onto my team at level 5 (see above). After that, I catch Sewaddle in Pinwheel Forest, Scraggy in the Desert and Klink and Joltik in Chargestone cave. This will be good...

aditya8081 (Man your username sounds familiar for some reason...), you'll be taking Coulomb the Joltik, who must be the first Joltik you encounter in Chargestone Cave. It has Unnerve? Tough shit. It's Adamant? Tougher shit. IV's of 3 in every stat? Toughest shit.

Anyhoo, Coulomb here is an absolute coward as a Joltik. She will run away from absolutely anything, and so she must know and keep Volt Switch to help her do so. This is the only Electric STAB move she may know (though this does not include status moves such as Thunder Wave). She must use Volt Switch on any Pokémon she's against that hits her super effectively, or resists one of her STAB moves. Eventually, you reach Icirrus City, and she comes up against the scariest things she's ever seen - Brycen's Beartic and Cryogonal. If she manages to solo both of these threats without using Volt Switch, she may evolve to Galvantula, and the above restrictions are lifted. If not, she may only evolve after Victory Road, and must keep the above restrictions.

Have fun.

Aditya8081, take a Sewaddle named Seamstress.
It must have the ability Swarm.

This tiny Pokémon is fiercely aggressive and loves to swarm all over enemies.
As such, when it is below 1/3 health, it can use only bug-type moves.

When it evolves, it loses it's beloved Swarm, and becomes depressed.
It now must act as if it is constantly under the effects of torment.
IF Leaf Guard heals it of status three times, ignore this restriction, as it realizes it has a cool ability and cheers up.

When it evolves again, it regains Swarm, but now misses Leaf Guard. (Oh the irony)
It may not attack if it has a status condition, and can never use bug-type moves if it is under 1/3 health.

It must solo Clay.
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)