Black & White Battle Subway Records (now with gen. 4 records!)

Hi im currently on holiday in turkey wiv the misses so reason this streak isnt amazing and y the write up might be disorganised due to using my psp to write this lol
Anyhoo i got a streak of 75 in super singles, not amazing but gets me on leader board just ha! Main reason im posting it is due to my coment to jumpman recently about grumpig. So i decided to try it out. I used same pokes as jump apart from pig obviously

Grumpig@choice scarf
252Speed/252d/4spd (cud be the otherway around i check later)
Trick
Twave
Flash
Confuse ray
What are you gaining from using Grumpig? He's outclassed by uxie who can do all that plus memento out. However, if you dont have a gen 4 game I guess it would make sense to use grumpig. I think there are other pokes to explore that could do something similar and have a more reliable move than confuse ray

I've been thunking about a gimmicky Belly Drum Darmanitan set to be used alongside a Whimsicott Switcheroo lead, and a Suicune CM/Sub booster. Basically Darmanitan comes in on the Fire/Ice/Bug moves and begins to setup. Just wanted some suggestions on what the set should look like. So far I have in mind a set as follows:

Darmanitan @ Sitrus Berry/Life Orb/Chesto Berry
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 6/252/0/0/0/252
Ability: Sheer Force
-Belly Drum
-Fire Punch
-Rock Slide/Sub
-Earthquake/Superpower/Rest

Basically the first approach is to Belly Drum after Whimsicott switches the scarf and spams flashes/charms and proceed to sweep after a Belly Drum, with Sitrus bringing Darmitan's HP back to 75%. Life Orb could replace Sitrus to strengthen Fire Punch and Rock Slide, but im unsure if the extra power is needed. The final option is a Belly Drum, Rest, Chesto strategy that could be interesting. Subsitute can really be thrown into any of these sets to block critical hits.
Don't you need a million Sitrus berries for this to work? Also, Darmanitan will be slain quickly by a stray Quick Claw activation.

I thought about it awhile, can Whimsicott really last it out?

What'll it do in the face of special attackers?

grumpig was just a general idea to be different, offers alot same things apart from being able to reduce there attacks. And adds a ice fire resist

I've been wanting to try a Tyranitar-Excadrill-Reuniclus run but I'm having problems with my Ttar moveset.
I wanna run 4 attacks but I'm not sure which combination of attacks offers the best coverage...

-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Aquatail
-Low Kick/Superpower (I hate the side effect..)

Anybody has any experience with Ttar in the BS?

Rock/Dark is only resisted by Fighting and Steel types. If you add Ground for Rock/Dark/Ground the only things that resist are Breloom and Virizion. If you add Fighting for Rock/Dark/Fighting the only thing that resists is Toxicroak. Aqua Tail is used to hit Ground types super effectively

@Chinese Dood

I have wanted for a while to try out a team with

1.Cotton Spore Whimsicott

2.Moody Smeargle
Timid/Modest @Lefties or smthng
-Spore
-Substitute
-Stored Power
-Something to hit darks(&psychics(and maybe even steels)) or just Baton Pass(?)

3.Someone who takes care of Insomnia/Vital Spirit pokemon and those pokemon whose speed can't be lowered.

However after playing 550-600 hours of my White version I realized I have so much else to do, that it will probably take a while for me to actually try this kind of team in the Subway. :)
The typical move type that goes with Psychic is Bug (Bug hits Psychics and dark for super effective), which only leaves steel types uncovered, but with a few boosts a resisted Stored Power is just as good as a neutral Hidden Power on steel types.

I was not thinking of using Smeargle as an attacker at all though. Its offensive capabilities are ... ... best not to be used in my opinion. :P

EDIT: @ShinyPoke25: Substitute is not an option. It's a necessity, and Sub can only save you from one turn of being KO'd. If two of your opponent's pokemon outspeed Darmanitan (which isn't hard since Darmanitan is not very fast) that means Darmanitan won't be sweeping. ... And there isn't really a way around that, which is why people don't use set up Darmanitan sweeps in Subway.

If you want to try it out anyway though, then last move should be Earthquake. With Superpower you are completely walled by Flash Fire Chandelure, and Rest will not help Darmanitan survive anything more with its frailty. If not Earthquake, then Rockslide, but Earthquake with higher accuracy is better. There IS a Houndoom in Subway with Balloon though, so if it has Flash Fire, then Fire Punch + EQ will not be able to hit (which is why Rockslide is an option. It basically has same base power as Earthquake after Sheer Force boost). Also, with Belly Drum, life orb boost is definitely not needed. Nearly everything that is not immune to fire punch will be OHKOd by it.

EDIT: @ShinyPoke25: Substitute is not an option. It's a necessity, and Sub can only save you from one turn of being KO'd. If two of your opponent's pokemon outspeed Darmanitan (which isn't hard since Darmanitan is not very fast) that means Darmanitan won't be sweeping. ... And there isn't really a way around that, which is why people don't use set up Darmanitan sweeps in Subway.

If you want to try it out anyway though, then last move should be Earthquake. With Superpower you are completely walled by Flash Fire Chandelure, and Rest will not help Darmanitan survive anything more with its frailty. If not Earthquake, then Rockslide, but Earthquake with higher accuracy is better. There IS a Houndoom in Subway with Balloon though, so if it has Flash Fire, then Fire Punch + EQ will not be able to hit (which is why Rockslide is an option. It basically has same base power as Earthquake after Sheer Force boost). Also, with Belly Drum, life orb boost is definitely not needed. Nearly everything that is not immune to fire punch will be OHKOd by it.
I actually have been trying it out for the past hour or so. I have been running Sub/Belly Drum/Rock Slide/Fire Punch with Lefties and the thing is amazing. Whimsicott supplies leech seed which combined with lefties, revivies darmanitan rather quickly after a sub + belly drum. Rock Slide just felt more dependent due to all the flying/levitating/balloon pokemon.

You should be using Fire punch on all flying/Levitating (except for Drifblim if you're afraid of Aftermath)... After Belly Drum, Darmanitan does minimum of over 100% to things like 252 HP Gyarados/Moltres/Latias. No point risking Rockslide missing when you can use 100% accurate Fire Punch. I'd only use rockslide on potential static/flash fire pokemon. Static pokemon only if it's not the opponent's last pokemon of course.

all right i have a new team with flash abuse. has been working excellently.

uxie @choice scarf
flash
trick
thunder wave
stealth rock

(defensive Evs)

volcarona @Chesto berry
252 hp 252 defense bold 4 somewhere else
rest
quiver dance
fiery dance
bug buzz

dragonite@leftovers
random evs adamant
sub
dragon claw
dragon dance
roost

i just trick a scarf, flash, set up rocks, switch to a sweeper of my choice, set up, sweep.

dragonite and volcarona cover their weaknesses well except for rock.
sine srock attacks have poor accuracy, i just flash alot and switch to dragonite and hope for misses.

uxie...the poke can have 3 other moves so it depends on what you want. recovery...attack...memento...trick. uxie covers a lot of those.
uh... Uxie isn't gen 5.

there's Musharna or Reuniclus. Reuniclus gets Trick, but it's ridiculously slow to the point that it's not even outspeeding much with a scarf.

Whimsi may sound awesome, but Memento + Switcheroo is illegal ;/

I've been trying this team out for a few days, and while it takes forever to set up, it's been working rather well. I used some ideas from other people (Pikiwyn and EonADS) with my own stuff thrown in there.

Shuckle @ Chesto Berry
Bold/Impish Nature
252 HP/252 Def/6 SpD
*Sturdy*
~ Rest
~ Power Split
~ Gastro Acid
~ Struggle Bug

I got the idea to use this from Pikiwyn. He starts out with Power Split to deplete attacking power and if it's a special attacker he can use Struggle Bug to cause even more problems. Gastro Acid lets me deal with things like the Regi's/Metagross with Clear Body or anything with Keen Eye. Rest is there to hopefully allow him to do two or more of these things. I went with max HP and Def simply because he has a way to lower SpA even further, while he can only rely on Power Split to deal with physical attackers. He normally switches back in to Power Split again after my next Pokemon sets up.

Gastrodon @ Rindo Berry?
Calm/Careful Nature
252 HP/196 Def/60 SpD
*Sticky Hold*
~ Flash
~ Recover
~ Memento
~ Bulldoze/Substitute

This idea came from an old team belonging to EonADS. After getting crapped on by Shuckle, most things aren't going to be doing much damage, so Recover gives me a great chance to Flash them down to -6. I like the idea of Bulldoze, as it could allow Ferrothorn to set up a Sub before he takes some kind of status or gets critted for big damage. Substitute is thrown in there as an option for hax protection as I Flash, but I'm just not sure which would be optimal. I was thinking about using Storm Drain to switch in for free against water attacks aimed at Shuckle, but as Eon said, Sticky Hold keeps Trick users from destroying the strategy. The EV's are copy-pasta from X-Act for max defensive potential.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
252 HP/252 SpD/6 Def
*Iron Barbs*
~ Curse
~ Gyro Ball
~ Substitute
~ Power Whip

He resists every weakness of both Suckle and Gastrodon and has an awesome STAB move in Gyro Ball. Curse not only raises my Atk stat, but powers up my attacking move as well. Power Whip gets STAB and is reliable against slower Pokemon. Sub is pretty obvious, so, yea.

I have a few problems with other Ferrothorn, but thanks to Gastro Acid getting rid of Iron Barbs I can usually come out on top.

Here's a vid of battle 49 with Ingo: 33-29998-41626

I've had some decent success with this team.

Latias
244 HP/ 180 Def/ 84 Spe
Timid @Choice Scarf
Trick
TWave
Charm
Flash/Ice Beam

I subbed in Ice Beam over flash, just because I found Flash wasn't working for me. Too often I could just as easily set up on something without flash, thanks to charm/TWave and Octillery's Moody boosts. Plus trick for setup-sweepers and other leads using TWave etc... give a free switch to Garchomp. Ice Beam was added to help deal with Scarfchomp, who can really give this team problems (having two dragon weaknesses, and no resist). It also works decently well for just overall coverage, the extra ice attack on the team is appreciated.

Octillery
252HP/100Def/156/SpDef
Impish @Leftovers
Protect
Substitute
Waterfall
Return

Waterfall+Return is resisted by only Ferrothorn, Empoleon, Jellicent, Storm Drain Cradily and Shedinja (aside from legendary dragons). That leaves some pretty good coverage going on. Octillery can take some time to set up every now and then, but overall I've been pretty pleased. Hozu mentioned using a special attacking Octillery with Soak+Energy Ball instead, which was a pretty entertaining idea, but leaves you useless against Sap Sipper. I liked physical with Waterfall thanks to only one pokemon in the subway being immune, and the flinches from waterfall can be useful for extra stall for turns sometimes :) Overall, pretty pleased. Mainly gets screwed over by dual unfortunate boosts. TWave really helps Octillery set up :)

Garchomp
252 Atk/252Spe
Jolly@Lum Berry
Substitute
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Outrage

Good ol' Garchomp. If it weren't for the Subway deciding that flash+TWaved opponents will hit you 100% of the time, substitute might be really effective... alas. Garchomp still does his job very well.

Best streak at 44, lost to a paralyzed skarmory who set up spikes+rocks and then whirlwinded me away. It was really unfortunate... I had a great setup with Octillery, but at the time I hadn't fully PP'd my moves, and was running out of protect/sub and had to Waterfall at only +1 Atk, and the Skarmory avoided flinching and para for an unfortunate whirlwind.

It's been a good team. I may continue with it, but I will probably be starting anew. Just thought I'd share the team/experience.

A future team if/when dream world abilities are ever released...

Zoroark @ Focus Sash
Timid 6/0/0/252/0/252
Illusion
-Detect
-Taunt
-Memento
-Dark Pulse

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Timid 252/0/6/0/0/252
Levitate
-Trick
-Grudge
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Timid 6/0/0/252/0/252
Shadow Tag
-Shadow Ball
-Flamethrower
-Substitute
-Calm Mind

Zoroark's Illusion transformes him into Gengar (who would be last in the party instead of Chandelure), and starts off with Detect. If a non-attacking move is chosen, I Taunt. If Psychic is selected (which Gengar always attracts), I use Dark Pulse to finish off the first foe. If an attacking move is used other then Psychic, I Taunt on a slower foe or one without a priority just incase, survive the hit and use Memento. Dark Pulse is also helpful incase of an Arena Trap foe, or a faster Taunt user. Gengar comes in right away and uses Trick, and after a Memento and 252 HP EV's, he can survive a hit, and Grudge until he is finished off. Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt are backup moves, much like Dark Pulse which is needed incase the plan fails. Chandelure comes in and can easily setup on the foe which at this point is locked into Struggle thanks to Grudge+Choice Scarf. Chandelure can now easily setup a Sub, get to +6 in Special Attack/Defense, heal off the Sub with Lefties, and proceed to sweep.

Thoughts/Comments?

And don't tell me Shadow Tag Chandelure isn't released yet, I am well aware and was just thinking of some future teams if it does become released soon.

first of all, candelure IS NOT IMMUNE TO STRUGGLE. struggle hits ghost types.

secondly, the AI doesnt switch unless locked into a non attacking move, shadow tag is pretty pointless imo.

secondly, the AI doesnt switch unless locked into a non attacking move, shadow tag is pretty pointless imo.
Agreed, the AI don't even switch out that much. The only thing that definitely triggers it is when the comp is locked into a move that does 0 damage your poke. AI will still use the move even if it does 1 damage.

The only successful illusion team I've seen, effectively uses Zoroark to make the foe switch out by copying a Shedinja. If the foe has no effective move it can use on it, it switches to allow for a free nasty plot by Zoroark.

first of all, candelure IS NOT IMMUNE TO STRUGGLE. struggle hits ghost types.

i fixed the first part which i wasnt aware of, and if i am unable to get a taunt off because of a multi hit move or whatever the case may be, Gengar could come in and trick the foe a scarf on a non attacking move. so many wierd things happen in the subway that Shadow Tag is just relief.

i fixed the first part which i wasnt aware of, and if i am unable to get a taunt off because of a multi hit move or whatever the case may be, Gengar could come in and trick the foe a scarf on a non attacking move. so many wierd things happen in the subway that Shadow Tag is just relief.
Yes, many weird things will always happen in the subway. Zoroark seems to be a decent lead. I think you can use the same team without shadow tag, other people have done a similar variant where the AI does not switch because it is locked into a damaging move that does a minute amount of damage. Like all teams, this one needs a lot of testing before we can truly assess its flaws/strengths.

Yes, many weird things will always happen in the subway. Zoroark seems to be a decent lead. I think you can use the same team without shadow tag, other people have done a similar variant where the AI does not switch because it is locked into a damaging move that does a minute amount of damage. Like all teams, this one needs a lot of testing before we can truly assess its flaws/strengths.
i mainly used it because im an idiot and thought ghost pokemn resist struggle which now that i think of it is pretty stupid, but oh well. thanks for the input guys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)