Worlds 2011: as told by andrea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent warstory Andrea! I can't believe that hacker had the nerve to say he didn't hack his Pokemon :/ Wow, anyway, at least he was disqualified, that's the most important thing. Great job on round 3, as LCQ at Worlds are always hard. Awesome warstory again and I hope I can meet you next year at Newark, Nationals or Worlds!

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I was sitting right next to Andrea when that happened and he was such an idiot it made me mad. At first, he was like "I swear my Pokemon are legit, there's nothing wrong with them" and then when Marriland did the hack check and called him out on his bullshit, he said that his "friend" got all of his Pokemon for him. I've seen that excuse so many times that I didn't believe him at all and I think he intentionally tried to go through with his hacked mons. He was fortunately caught sooner rather than later but goddamn what a douche.

Also I drove by Taco Smackdown today, and it reminded me of all of you guys <3

This warstory is top-notch. I went and relived all those great moments from that weekend, now I'm going through withdrawal :(

andrea, you're great, and finally meeting Chad was cool, he's a great guy. It was a blast hanging out with the both of you. Hopefully I'll see you next year! =D

Wow....USA doesn't know how to make a f'cking quesadilla ?!?!?!?!?!?

We'll meet in Hawaii next year and I'l teach you to cook one ;)

And you'll be pwned at soccer xD

How I wish I could meet all of you, guys....

Celestavian

Smooth
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Luckily for you I wasn't there to steal your boyfriend's bag again. Haha

I really like your team, it seems frustrating to face. Too bad hax prevented you from getting any further than R3.

Hey, I'm in a picture! That kid really made my day; I kind of felt bad that he only won one pack.
Woah no way! I'm the green shirt guy who ran that tournament! Never thought you guys were Smogonites too! :D

Next year I REALLY gotta try and hang out with you guys! Sounds like you all had a blast! As for me, I managed to get some nice stuff working for Pokemon so losing in the TCG wasn't as bad. (DEFINITELY shoulda stuck to my videogame roots though! If there are any TCG players here, I absolutely DESPISE Pachirisu. :P)

Hope to see you guys next year! :DDD

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
Woah no way! I'm the green shirt guy who ran that tournament!
Hey, I remember you. You were really cool to talk to and fight. I don't know if you remember me, but I was that one girl you were beating before I had to go to the beach. (Oh fuck my vagueness....I don't remember specifics too well because my memory sucks!) I never did get that last DS skin because I couldn't find you the next day. :[ Oh well!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Small world, isn't it? If I can somehow make it next year, I'll be sure to look for you all.

Do you know what happened to the VG events on Sunday? We looked around and couldn't find any.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Reading another warstory like this makes me miss it again. :( I want more smogon sports, as I actually get picked, albeit based on nationality.
I'm pretty sure Zog tripped over at some point, maybe after he was done good 'n' proper by my skill in that second photo.

You were the one with the Venture Bros. team? I had a Venture Bros team too!

FUCK YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

This is Lauren, by the way.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
This VGC warstory wins for several reasons.

1. Using Zoroark in VGC. Illusion totally has a use, even with team preview!
2. Naming all of your characters after venture bros character
3. Awesome pictures
4. (the coup de gras)
I let CK borrow my cart since he didn’t have a team and I warned him to look at the team roster beforehand so he would know what was up…

He didn’t. Pretty soon I hear him shout out “Sucker Punch, Counter, Night Slash, Protect?? What the ****? I thought I sent out an Amoonguss!” I started laughing really really hard and managed to say it was aZoroark, and then ultimatedra, Chad, and AoK started laughing, too.
XD

Reading another warstory like this makes me miss it again. :( I want more smogon sports, as I actually get picked, albeit based on nationality.
I'm pretty sure Zog tripped over at some point, maybe after he was done good 'n' proper by my skill in that second photo.
No way mate I'm pretty sure I tackled you at that point, in fact when I tripped up it was first because I tried and failed to scorpion kick the beach ball (lol) and the other time was when PBB sent me a high frisbee and I sort of fell over backwards jumping to catch it.

I'm not that bad at football. Really. Well, sort of.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The picture clearly illustrates I've taken it round you, but I do remember getting a mean tackle from you later. Not quite as good as Cybertrons wipeout in the wet grass, ruining his white shirt.
That frisbee was a cause of quite a few trips. And a very minimalist game of ultimate frisbee.

I was just at that hotel for comicon! I think I should start attending VGC tourneys just so you guys have a better camera. ;)

Hey, I remember you. You were really cool to talk to and fight. I don't know if you remember me, but I was that one girl you were beating before I had to go to the beach. (Oh fuck my vagueness....I don't remember specifics too well because my memory sucks!) I never did get that last DS skin because I couldn't find you the next day. :[ Oh well!
Ahh yes! I remember you too! I'm like absurdly sorry about that Sheer Cold.... It was really the only thing it could do against the Trick Room set up, especially as a Scarf'd Vanilluxe! :(((

On a creepier note, I could actually send you some skins if you so desire! :P

Small world, isn't it? If I can somehow make it next year, I'll be sure to look for you all.

Do you know what happened to the VG events on Sunday? We looked around and couldn't find any.
Yes, sadly the VG events were all scrapped in favor of the Prerelease for Emerging Powers. It made me really sad, because I was looking forward to hosting more tournaments with you guys! :(

A very great read! Sounds like you all had a lot of fun. Great job to all of you guys. ^_~

I need to make it to one of these sometime.

Ha that was a great read. Makes me wish I played VGC. I thought the pictures were funny cause Alaka looks a lot like me.

dope article nice point of view and it opens my eyes to the vgc i got friends who play but they get scared i just wish i had more people join me on the quest to go because goin by yourself seems lame

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Awesome story, as if I didn't already wish I were there. Something very familiar about the story structure also...:jump:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)