Impetus (A U-Turn/Volt Switch Based Offence Team)

Impetus

To begin with, I have not long since returned from a 3 week holiday. Due to this, my standard of competitive play has dropped dramatically, so recently I have resorted to using balanced teams as they are easier to get to grips with, and are quite reliable, although during laddering, it consitantly come back with diminishing returns over time so I took a break from laddering.

Since this, I decided to have a go with my very first hyper offence team which is mediocre at best just to screw around a little. Every game I won from then ended at 5-0 or 6-0, as opposed to 1-0 or 2-0. I was amazed by this, although it required a fair amount of prediction (or luck as I call it) to win consistently. Because of this, I decided to create an offence team, with aspects leaning toward hyper offence, while still keeping some defensive aspects in it, trying to minimise the amount of prediction, or luck, needed to win, and rather rely on thinking... the best way to do this was through U-Turn/Volt Switch, as this allowed me to scout out my opponents move, whilst attaining a free switch in retaliation to your opponents next move. This puts pressure on your opponent, builds momentum for your team, and is not reliant on luck.

The first thing that came to mind for me was the Rotom-W/Scizor core, and this is where I began

Team Building Process
==Coming Soon==

Rotom-W @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This is your typical Choice Trick Rotom-W set, adjusted slightly to give it greater offensive capabilities, and also part 1 of this teams main core. This set has been given Specs + Modest nature to maximise power, as using Timid/Scarf over this doesn't allow Rotom-W to outspeed any important major threats, especially given his great natural defences.

STAB Volt Switch is the main point of this set, as it follows the idea of the team, allowing him to build momentum and cause my opponent to start over predicting. STAB Hydro Pump is the next obvious choice, it provides Rotom with added coverage and allows him to make a major dent in almost any poke' thanks to his power. Trick is also manditory to this set, and vital to my team, as Trick allows me to act as a wallbreaker, this is required to prevent me being caught in a standstill against a stall team. Finally HP Fire to take care of any grass types who want a 4x SE attack on me, Ferrothorn imparticular. This is used over HP Ice as my team already has 2 powerfull and reliable Ice attacks along with only 1 fire coming from a predictable Heatran.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 204 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch

Scizor is part 2 of this teams main core, and is your standard Scizor set with a small change in EV's. He carries his typical EV's however with enough speed to outspeed 76 Speed TTar and 8 Speed Metagross ( since gross was only 4 extra EV's away ). This is just incase I decide to U-Turn on TTar rather than Bullet Punching through overprediction etc. The rest of Scizors EV's and nature are to maximise his offencive capabilities, as is his standard CB.

Scizors moveset is standard, dual STAB within U-Turn (being the basis of the team) and Bullet Punch, BP providing me with priority. Pursuit allows for me to U-Turn/Volt Switch into Ghosts and Psychic types and pursuit trap them, also it, along with the previous 2 moves get a technician boost. Lastly Superpower is for extra power/coverage.

Landorus (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hammer Arm

A usual Scarf set for the almighty Genie, hs EV's and nature provide him with insane amounts of power with enough speed to outspeed Scarfed Darmanitan, as the only other poke it can possiably outspeed is Deoxys-A who is an uber, so those speed EV's would be wasted. The last of the EV's were used in HP in the hope of giving it some extra survivability. Also no HP Ice so nothing in Sp.Atk.

The move set is also somewhat standard, U-Turn to keep pressure on my opponent and fit with the team. Earthquake as a powerfull STAB move, providing great coverage. Stone Edge again for power and coverage on levitating/flying types, and lastly Hammer Arm is to to take on ballooned steels such as Heatran or Excadrill, simply because U-Turning to pop there balloon then switching back to EQ is both predictable and makes me lose momentum, so I prefer Hammer Arm over HP Ice, since Gliscor can be take by a few of my team members.

Gastrodon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Recover

This is again a typical, yet slightly adjusted set, Gastrodons EV's and item are to improve his survivability, and act as a special wall. Along with his nature to boost his Sp.Def, this is your typical tank Gastrodon, also benifiting from storm drain to give him an offencive edge.

Gastrodons moveset is slightly different, almost to resemble that of a bulky sweeper. Firstly, Gastrodon carries dual STAB, Earth Power and Scald, providing good coverage. Scald also doubles to improve Gastrodons ability to tank physical hits by burning the opponent. Instead of the typical Toxic, I am running Ice Beam, this is to give him extra coverage, that my team definately needs, also with this being an offence team, Toxic only slowed me down and proved to be near useless, since only Heatran is an effective staller. Lastly, Recover allows Gastrodon to greatly improve its survivability, thus making it an effective tank.

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Toxic
- Lava Plume

This is the only set that is 100% standard, Special defencive Heatran, he runs EV's and Nature to maximise survivabily and ability to take Special hits. Its running balloon to avoid ground attacks, and also allows me to switch into an excadrill and cripple it with lava plume. Also I know how much of a set back having to switch out and in again to pop a balloon then EQ him can be, so it can buy me some valuble time.

Heatrans moveset is also standard, Stealth Rocks work to my advantage as they break sashes that annoy this team, and help me 0HKO and 2HKO with greater ease. Typical Toxic Protect stalling combo to wait out bulkier poke's and cripple special attackers, while STAB Lava Plume cripples and burns Steels and Physical attackers.

Deoxys-S @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 104 Atk / 252 SAtk / 152 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Ice Beam
- Psycho Boost
- Thunderbolt
- Superpower

I love this Deoxys, I have underated it for so long and my good friend Shane introduced me too it... I repaid him by destroying him with his own poke :3 Deoxys' EV's and nature are to maximise his power while keeping him fast enough to outspeed all non-scarfers and all Scarfed base 95's. This allows him top his offensive stats while maintaining enough speed to outspeed everything it needs too. Life orb is to maximise his power, as he is too frail to utilise leftovers.

Deoxys-S has a fantastic movepool, first of all he can utilise an immensly powerfull STAB Phycho Boost, alongside the infamous SE Boltbeam combo giving him amazing coverage. Lastly he also runs Superpower, this allows me to hit steel types, and special walls, basically allowing me to break through nearly anything provided Deoxys doesnt die from recoil or priority.

Whats next?

-Try offencive Gastrodon

- Find Alternative to Gastrodon

- Try other sets on Heatran

- Finish the Threat List and Team Building Process

Threat List

Offensive Threats

Aerodactyl - Deoxys-S Outspeeds and KO'es, Rotom-W can switch on EQ and Volt Switch/Hydro Pump.
Breloom - Trick Rotom to prevent Sub-Spore set up, HP Fire to KO, U-Turn Scizor/Landorus, Ice Beam from Gastrodon/Deoxys (or psycho boost if I want overkill)
Conkeldurr - Can only do severe damage to Heatran + Deoxys, Trick can prevent Bulk Ups, Psycho Boost Deoxys, and Hydro Pump should be able to whittle away at his health.
Darmanitan - Scarf Landorus can Outspeed and EQ, Deoxys can outspeed and KO if its already hurt. Rotom can switch in and Hydro Pump. Heatran can wall scarf varients locked into Flare Blitz.
Deoxys-S -Gastrodon is my best bet at walling him along with Rotom who should be able to KO a weakend one as should Scizors BP since Deoxys is somewhat frail. Scizor can trap Choice varients.

Dragonite - Rocks should break Multi-Scale, then Deoxys can Ice Beam him to death, if Deoxys is gone, then I can wall Outrage and toxic stall with Heatran. Gastrodon should be able to take an unboosted hit to hit back with Ice Beam. Stone Edge Landorus can also take care of him.
Empoleon -Rotom Volt Switch, Deoxys T-Bolt, Landorus EQ or Hammer Arm for ballooned varients, Scizor Superpower, Gastro can wall.
Espeon - U-Turn, if not Scizor can pursuit trap.
Excadrill -Rotom can switch on EQ and Hydro Pump, Hammer Arm Landorus/EQ if balloon is popped, Super Power Deoxys.

Gengar - Deoxys Psycho Boost, Heatran can wall as can Gastro, Scizor can Pursuit trap.
Gyarados - Volt Switch Rotom, Stone Edge Landorus, T-Bolt Deoxys, walled somewhat by Gastrodon.
Haxorus - Ice Beam Deoxys/Gastro, Heatran can switch in on Choiced EQ if balloon is still intact to Toxic. Rotom can trick specs onto it.
Heatran - Rotom, Landorus and Gastrodon wall and KO.
Heracross -Somewhat walled by Rotom and Gastrodon, Psycho Boost Deoxys.
Hydreigon - U-Turn, Bullet Punch Scizor, Hammer Arm Landorus, Superpower/Ice Beam Deoxys. Walled by Gastro and maybe Heatran depending on the set.
Infernape - Deoxys can revenge kill, Gastro and Rotom can wall and KO as can Landorus.
Jirachi - Depends on the varient, usually Landorus switches in on a TWave/ is U-Turned in then EQ.
Jolteon - Landorus can KO with EQ, Heatran, Gastro and Rotom can wall.
Kingdra - Lack of Dragon type attacks make this difficult, Rotom can lock him into DD's, Gastrodon can somewhat wall him while Deoxys and Landorus can Revenge.
Kyurem - Scizor can BP, Deoxys can SP, Landorus can Stone Edge.
Landorus - Ice Beam Deoxys can revenge, and Rotom can switch into locked EQ and Hydro Pump.
Latios - U-Turning, Deoxys Ice Beam and Pursuit trapping Scizor.
Lilligant - U-Turns hurt it somewhat while Ice Beam Deoxys + Lava Plume on Heatran should KO it.

== Rest To Be Completed ==

Lucario -
Machamp -
Magnezone -
Mamoswine -
Metagross -
Mienshao -
Reuniclus -
Roserade -
Salamence -
Sawsbuck -
Scizor -
Scrafty-
Shaymin -
Sigilyph -
Smeargle -
Starmie -
Terakion -
Thundurus -
Tornadus -
Tyranitar -
Venusaur -
Victini -
Virizion -
Volcarona -
Weavile -
Zoroark -​

Sand sweepers seem like they could give you problems; Swords Dance Excadrill and Rock Polish / Substitute Landorus, all get opportunities to set-up on the appropriate attacks of your choice-locked attackers. Backed up by sand, they are all capable of sweeping you outright after they acquire a boost. Rotom-W is simply not bulky enough to take +2 LO Return from Excadrill or Stone Edges from Landorus in the sand. If Heatran's Balloon has been popped already (very likely), it will not be able to check them. Opposing Gastrodon and Quagsire can also be problematic, since the only thing that can break through the former is Scizor, though burn from Scald will cripple it, and it can also Toxic your own Gastrodon to come out on top. Quagsire ignores all your boosts, and can set-up Curse to eventually bring you down (Heatran can Toxic, but it will go down to EQ / repeated Scalds).

To handle the issue with SD Excadrill and RP / Sub Landorus, try a Defensive spread on Rotom-W. With full investment in Defense, you will have an easier time against the two. Air Balloon variants of Excadrill will fail to OHKO you, while you KO them with boosted Hydro Pump. Same for Landorus. However, against LO Excadrill, you need to bait an Earthquake by sending in Scizor or Heatran first, as blindly switching in to a possible Return will get you 2HKOed. But if you can keep Rotom-W healthy, with the aid of Pain Split, you should do alright. You still have the ability to Scout with Volt Switch, and Rotom-W will be able to aid its U-turn partners, by sponging Super Effective attacks against them with the added bulk.

Seeing as you lose a bit of Offensive power from turning Rotom-W into the defensive variant, you can change Heatran to the Offensive set. You have Volcarona covered with Landorus's Stone Edge, and Heatran can already pose a threat to sun teams as the Offensive variant, so I don't find it necessary for you to use the Specially Defensive set. This balances out the loss of power from changing Rotom-W to the defensive set, as Heatran poses an offensive threat with its powerful attacks. With the Offensive set, you can also lure in and 2HKO Gastrodon with Hidden Power Grass. For Quagsire, you can try Toxic over Earth Power on Gastrodon, as Scald and Ice Beam already give you good coverage, and Toxic will let you switch into Quagsire with ease and cripple it. Lastly, I have no idea why Landorus has an Adamant nature, and those HP EVs, go with Jolly and max attack / max speed to revenge Volcarona easier, and anything below you with a boost / Choice Scarf.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp / Thunder Wave
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
---

Heatran (F) @ Air Balloon / Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
Timid nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Grass
---

GL

If you want to run a more offensive Gastrodon, just use the EV spread 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 SpD with a Modest nature. Survives Thundurus's +2 LO Focus Blast and hits a reasonable 310 Special Attack, as opposed to 220.

Sand sweepers seem like they could give you problems; Swords Dance Excadrill and Rock Polish / Substitute Landorus, all get opportunities to set-up on the appropriate attacks of your choice-locked attackers. Backed up by sand, they are all capable of sweeping you outright after they acquire a boost. Rotom-W is simply not bulky enough to take +2 LO Return from Excadrill or Stone Edges from Landorus in the sand. If Heatran's Balloon has been popped already (very likely), it will not be able to check them. Opposing Gastrodon and Quagsire can also be problematic, since the only thing that can break through the former is Scizor, though burn from Scald will cripple it, and it can also Toxic your own Gastrodon to come out on top. Quagsire ignores all your boosts, and can set-up Curse to eventually bring you down (Heatran can Toxic, but it will go down to EQ / repeated Scalds).

To handle the issue with SD Excadrill and RP / Sub Landorus, try a Defensive spread on Rotom-W. With full investment in Defense, you will have an easier time against the two. Air Balloon variants of Excadrill will fail to OHKO you, while you KO them with boosted Hydro Pump. Same for Landorus. However, against LO Excadrill, you need to bait an Earthquake by sending in Scizor or Heatran first, as blindly switching in to a possible Return will get you 2HKOed. But if you can keep Rotom-W healthy, with the aid of Pain Split, you should do alright. You still have the ability to Scout with Volt Switch, and Rotom-W will be able to aid its U-turn partners, by sponging Super Effective attacks against them with the added bulk.

Seeing as you lose a bit of Offensive power from turning Rotom-W into the defensive variant, you can change Heatran to the Offensive set. You have Volcarona covered with Landorus's Stone Edge, and Heatran can already pose a threat to sun teams as the Offensive variant, so I don't find it necessary for you to use the Specially Defensive set. This balances out the loss of power from changing Rotom-W to the defensive set, as Heatran poses an offensive threat with its powerful attacks. With the Offensive set, you can also lure in and 2HKO Gastrodon with Hidden Power Grass. For Quagsire, you can try Toxic over Earth Power on Gastrodon, as Scald and Ice Beam already give you good coverage, and Toxic will let you switch into Quagsire with ease and cripple it. Lastly, I have no idea why Landorus has an Adamant nature, and those HP EVs, go with Jolly and max attack / max speed to revenge Volcarona easier, and anything below you with a boost / Choice Scarf.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp / Thunder Wave
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
---

Heatran (F) @ Air Balloon / Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
Timid nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Grass
---

GL
Wow, I never expected such a good rate so quickly, I love the idea and im going to try it out immediately. Defensive Rotom-W has never crossed my mind before, partially because i've always played him offensively and because I dont believe i've ever seen anyone use a defensive spread before. Never the less, im going to try this out and i'll post with how this has affected my team, thanks for the help, it's greatly appreciated.

i really like the idea behind this team :) used to love using u turn teams in 4th gen but never tried it in 5th gen but i did notice sand teams will give you hell cause you have no weather counter but other than that its pretty solid

i really like the idea behind this team :) used to love using u turn teams in 4th gen but never tried it in 5th gen but i did notice sand teams will give you hell cause you have no weather counter but other than that its pretty solid
I have noticed that, usually I lead with my Landorus and KO Ttar with U-Turn or dent his switch in severely so that tends to give me the upper hand, howeve it still struggles, im thinking to replace gastro with gliscor, although having landorus aswell make it seem somewhat pointless, its still a work in progress.

I have noticed that, usually I lead with my Landorus and KO Ttar with U-Turn or dent his switch in severely so that tends to give me the upper hand, howeve it still struggles, im thinking to replace gastro with gliscor, although having landorus aswell make it seem somewhat pointless, its still a work in progress.
I think sand is no trouble at all for you. Scizor and Rotom-w are excellent sand counters. Especially since your scizor runs pursuit and superpower, you can easily deal with common sand annoyances such as excadrill, reuniclus, and of course he can destroy any tyranitar lacking fire blast with 3 of his 4 moves. Rotom-w with levitate can counter most sand users, because most run STAB earthquake as their primary attack, and STAB hydro pump can severely dent nearly all sand abusers since they mostly are rock or ground typing (be wary of opposing gastrodon though!). **(i completly forgot to mention gastrodon as well, who is another good sand counter with his dual-STABs)***
I see a much more glaring weakness to sun teams. Sure you have heatran, the best sun counter, but since his set is so defensive, you will find trouble defeating an entire team of sun abusers, espeically if they have either Blaiziken or Infernape, as they can come in against heatran, force him out while they swords dance or nasty plot (NP would be devastating for you because most likely that means he is carrying a grass move), or you stay in and they KO your only sun counter. Rotom-w can wall many sun sweepers, but with no reliable recovery and no real way to damage sun sweepers, he could be easily KO'd by the likes of many sun sweepers. Im not sure what to suggest to you because i dont want to ruin your team chemistry too much, so i would make an unorthodox move and replace rotom-w with rotom-h. This will keep the fire resist but will help you ressit grass, common to sun teams, and will allow you access to a STAB and boosted overheat in the sun to eliminate opposing sun sweepers (looking at you shiftry and venesuar). The set would be identical to the rotom you have now, but just rotom-h with overheat. Im sure there are several ways to solve your problem, but make sure to realize that sand teams are not the problem for your team, sun teams might be.

I think sand is no trouble at all for you. Scizor and Rotom-w are excellent sand counters. Especially since your scizor runs pursuit and superpower, you can easily deal with common sand annoyances such as excadrill, reuniclus, and of course he can destroy any tyranitar lacking fire blast with 3 of his 4 moves. Rotom-w with levitate can counter most sand users, because most run STAB earthquake as their primary attack, and STAB hydro pump can severely dent nearly all sand abusers since they mostly are rock or ground typing (be wary of opposing gastrodon though!). **(i completly forgot to mention gastrodon as well, who is another good sand counter with his dual-STABs)***
I see a much more glaring weakness to sun teams. Sure you have heatran, the best sun counter, but since his set is so defensive, you will find trouble defeating an entire team of sun abusers, espeically if they have either Blaiziken or Infernape, as they can come in against heatran, force him out while they swords dance or nasty plot (NP would be devastating for you because most likely that means he is carrying a grass move), or you stay in and they KO your only sun counter. Rotom-w can wall many sun sweepers, but with no reliable recovery and no real way to damage sun sweepers, he could be easily KO'd by the likes of many sun sweepers. Im not sure what to suggest to you because i dont want to ruin your team chemistry too much, so i would make an unorthodox move and replace rotom-w with rotom-h. This will keep the fire resist but will help you ressit grass, common to sun teams, and will allow you access to a STAB and boosted overheat in the sun to eliminate opposing sun sweepers (looking at you shiftry and venesuar). The set would be identical to the rotom you have now, but just rotom-h with overheat. Im sure there are several ways to solve your problem, but make sure to realize that sand teams are not the problem for your team, sun teams might be.

I understand the idea of running Rotom-H, however his use over Rotom-W is VERY situational, outside of the sun ( which admittidly, is somewhat rare in comparison to rain and sand, I tent to see more non-weather teams than sun teams ). Personally, I do not think this team is too weak to sun teams, with 2 pokemon who resist fire, and 1 immunity. Also when it comes to ape, he is definately the most difficult sun abuser for me to handle, however he is a somewhat rare choice on sun teams from what I see. Ape can still be walled somewhat by rotom and gastro, whilst being able to be revenge killed by Deoxys and Landorus, also my rotom set has a 100% chance to 0HKO with Hydro Pump even under the sun. In this case, if my team does struggle against sun, it is definately NOT because of Infernape.

The most common sun sweeper I should be concerned of is Venusaur, although he is countered by Heatran, provided Venu isnt running EQ and my Balloon is popped, also, provided Venu hasnt aquired too many boosts, and is already injured, Landorus can KO with earthquake, although other than this, Venusaur seems to destroy this team, so this should be sorted, not infernape.

AB2

is an absolute ape
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Hi! Awesome team here. The one thing that I notice is that your team lacks spikes. Usually teams that rely on putting the pressure on with u-turn and volt switch rely on racking up spikes damage especially since you have a few pokemon that force a lot of switches. As others have stated, Excadrill gives you some problems as well. Skarmory would fit perfectly on this team as it helps you with both of the aforementioned issues. Not only is it a perfect 'mon to get spikes up for this team, it is also a very good initial switch into Excadrill, Landorus, and lots of fighting types. I suggest running Skarmory over Heatran as most of the threats, such as Volcarona, that Heatran covers you have down with the rest of the team. Although if you decide to try this option, I would most definitely run a naive nature on Landorus with hidden power [ice] so that you will be able to outspace Volcarona with one quiver dance [or jolly nature if you want to keep hammer arm].

At this point, Tyranitar would also be an excellent addition to this team. Not only does it provide you with stealth rocks which is another great way to wear your opponent down, but you will also have your own weather which is a very strong way of taking on drizzle and sun based teams especially with your other team members. Tyranitar's sandstorm also gives Landorus a huge boost in its attack stat which is almost essential when running it. Rock slide on Tyranitar is even an option as it allows you to win more easily against Thundurus and Volcarona. I'd suggest running Tyrnaitar over Deoxys as it really seems to be the odd man out on this team. Although it is a very good cleaner, Tyranitar is a very important member on this team for the above reasons. As a final option, I would try running hidden power grass on Rotom-W. Opposing Gastrodon can really be a huge pain in Rotom-W's side and running hidden power grass will make it so you have a great way of koing it. Although you will have to be weary of Ferrothorn coming in and getting up a layer of spikes, you will be volt switching around most of the time anyways so it most likely won't be a problem. gl.

Tyranitar @ chople berry
sassy 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpDef / sandstream
stealth rock / crunch / fire blast or rock slide / pursuit

Skarmory @ leftovers
impish 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spe sturdy
spikes / roost / brave bird / whirlwind

Hi! Awesome team here. The one thing that I notice is that your team lacks spikes. Usually teams that rely on putting the pressure on with u-turn and volt switch rely on racking up spikes damage especially since you have a few pokemon that force a lot of switches. As others have stated, Excadrill gives you some problems as well. Skarmory would fit perfectly on this team as it helps you with both of the aforementioned issues. Not only is it a perfect 'mon to get spikes up for this team, it is also a very good initial switch into Excadrill, Landorus, and lots of fighting types. I suggest running Skarmory over Heatran as most of the threats, such as Volcarona, that Heatran covers you have down with the rest of the team. Although if you decide to try this option, I would most definitely run a naive nature on Landorus with hidden power [ice] so that you will be able to outspace Volcarona with one quiver dance [or jolly nature if you want to keep hammer arm].

At this point, Tyranitar would also be an excellent addition to this team. Not only does it provide you with stealth rocks which is another great way to wear your opponent down, but you will also have your own weather which is a very strong way of taking on drizzle and sun based teams especially with your other team members. Tyranitar's sandstorm also gives Landorus a huge boost in its attack stat which is almost essential when running it. Rock slide on Tyranitar is even an option as it allows you to win more easily against Thundurus and Volcarona. I'd suggest running Tyrnaitar over Deoxys as it really seems to be the odd man out on this team. Although it is a very good cleaner, Tyranitar is a very important member on this team for the above reasons. As a final option, I would try running hidden power grass on Rotom-W. Opposing Gastrodon can really be a huge pain in Rotom-W's side and running hidden power grass will make it so you have a great way of koing it. Although you will have to be weary of Ferrothorn coming in and getting up a layer of spikes, you will be volt switching around most of the time anyways so it most likely won't be a problem. gl.

Tyranitar @ chople berry
sassy 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpDef / sandstream
stealth rock / crunch / fire blast or rock slide / pursuit

Skarmory @ leftovers
impish 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spe sturdy
spikes / roost / brave bird / whirlwind
v

Finally HP Fire to take care of any grass types who want a 4x SE attack on me, Ferrothorn imparticular. This is used over HP Ice as my team already has 2 powerfull and reliable Ice attacks along with only 1 fire coming from a predictable Heatran.
With these suggestions, my team is completely exposed to bug/steel and grass/steel pokes. By dropping Heatran for Skarm, and swapping HP Fire for HP Grass, I have no way of hitting an opposing forretress or scizor, hell, I cant touch a Skarmory anymore outside of volt switch. (Aside of TTar, whom I wouldnt want to risk during a weather war anyway).

Also, dropping Deoxys and Hammer Arm < HP [Ice], leaves me with no fighting type offence, meaning almost all steels wall me completely.

I understand the logic behind turning this into a weather team, but for one, I despise using weather just for the fact almost every team seems to be reliant on it nowerdays, and it just isnt fun playing like that anymore, and two it leans away from the offencive nature of this team, granted the idea of throwing in spikes with skarmory is a brilliant idea, its just that along with the other changes feel like it will cripple this team more than it will help it.

I appreciate the response I may give it a try if im not too busy at some point, but the team seems stable enough despite the apparent weaknesses, Exca and Gastro havn't given me too much hassle.

Thanks again for the response, and for the complements to the team, I hope to hear back from you again, perhaps backing up your ideas or perhaps conjuring others ^^

Hey there. Nice team.

As a ton of people have already mentioned, an Excadrill can basically rip right through your team is Heatran loses it's balloon. Seeing as Gastrodon is your primary special wall, I suggest replacing Heatran with a Gliscor.

Gliscor (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Speed
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-Turn
- Roost

Sand Veil Gliscor is almost never seen in today's metagame (defensive variants anyway), but seeing as you need to have Stealth Rock, it can work perfectly well. U-Turn is a very interesting option over Ice Fang, seeing as it would allow you to have 3 U-Turners in addition to your Volt Switcher, and can make your strategy more effective. As a minor note: Running a female gender over male can be very useful when facing a Rivalry Haxorous.

Also, run a Sassy nature on Gastrodon with Earthquake over Earth Power. Earthquake allows Gastrodon to beat Volcarona much more effectively, and also does much more damage to pokemon such as specially defensive Jirachi and Tentacruel.

Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)