Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Objection and Korski, PM me your teams if you don't already have a ref.

EDIT: And It's a Randoms match on the previous page when it gets a ref.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Also, Issuing an open challenge.

2v2 Singles
3 Day DQ Time
2 Recoveries, 5 Chills per Pokemon
No Perish Song, please.
Arena: Busy Highway
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All

Restrictions: No Water Source, No Rocks

Description:A busy highway with constant high speed traffic. Battling takes place on top of the vehicles. Fall off and you could be roadkill.
At the end of each action, all Pokemon not on cars will be hit by cars. There is a 50% that a hybrid would come (5 dmg), a 30% chance that a truck would come (7 dmg), and a 20% chance a tanker would come (10 dmg).

Summary: Endless Highway, millions of cars, 100% chance of a Pokemon becoming roadkill.
Uhhh...Bump.

EDIT: Fine by me, MB. Now we need a challenger...

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Originally Posted by Fat Korski
OPEN CHALLENGES:

4 vs. 4 Singles
2-day DQ
Infinite Recoveries / Infinite Chills
Arena: ASB Tournament Arena
LC-eligible Pokemon only
Looking for a competitor. I'd be willing to bump it down to 2vs2 or 3v3 to accomodate potential acceptors.

Also I'd like to ref some meaty matches. Post in this thread and then PM me your team if you're interested (I think these should be really interesting matches, so please be interested)!

#1:

2vs2vs2vs2 Doubles Brawl (Actions via PM)
2-day Player-DQ / 4-day Ref-DQ (DQ time starts with each reffing post)
Abilities=ONE
Items=ON
Switch=N/A
Only send 2 Pokes to ref

#2:

3vs3vs3 Doubles Melee
2-day DQ
Arena: Moody Manor
Abilities=NONE
Items=ON
Switch=OFF

Moody Manor: Everyone's Ability is Moody and that's it. It's also a house, so move restrictions include no weather or sky-based attacks until you destroy the house somehow.

#2:

3vs3vs3 Doubles Melee
2-day DQ
Abilities=NONE
Items=ON
Switch=N/A

Moody Manor: Everyone's Ability is Moody and that's it. It's also a house, so move restrictions include no weather or sky-based attacks until you destroy the house somehow.
I'll be one of the battlers in this. Nice arena idea Korski!

Originally Posted by Fat Korski said:
OPEN CHALLENGES:

4 vs. 4 Singles
2-day DQ
LC-eligible Pokemon only
I think i can do this :3

Seeking 2 Matches

3v3 Triples
1-Day DQ for challengers, 2 day for Ref
2 Recovers/5 Chills
Unown Soup
No Strongmons, all others allowed

3v3 Triples
1-Day DQ for challengers, 2 day for Ref
Unown Soup
Pokemon with less than 2 moves since purchase allowed

Looking for a new 2v2 Singles!
No Items
Switch = KO
24 hour SQ

Arena: Ice Arena
This area is frigid cold, but not hailing. There is a giant lake in the side of the arena. Pokemon fight on the cold ground. Pokemon that are weak to Ice have a 20% chance to shudder and not make a move that turn. Pokemon that are resistent to Ice have their moves increased by 1 BP.

yes

Looking for a new 2v2 Singles!
No Items
Switch = KO
24 hour SQ

Arena: Ice Arena
This area is frigid cold, but not hailing. There is a giant lake in the side of the arena. Pokemon fight on the cold ground. Pokemon that are weak to Ice have a 20% chance to shudder and not make a move that turn. Pokemon that are resistent to Ice have their moves increased by 1 BP.
i accept your challenge. let us battle

any refs that can do this for us?

2 Open Challenges.

Alright, let's try out this crazy-new play style.
5v5 Triples (LC Only)
3 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/ 5 Chills
Arena: Acceptor's or Ref's Choice.

Ohh, and keeping it nice and simple:
2v2 Singles (NFE Only)
3 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/ 5 Chills
Arena: Time Traveller's Forest

Arena: Timetraveller's Forest
Field Type: Diverse
Complexity: Intense
Format: All
Restrictions: Weather moves won't work.

Description:
A simple little grove in the middle of a forest, with a 50m clearing in the middle. river runs silently off to the side of the arena, about 2.5m deep and 3m wide. A beautiful full moon beams down on this picturesque scene. So, what make this arena more?

Time Travel.

At the beginning of every round, Celebi shows up (Non-catchable) and shifts everyone from the current timeline to a random alternate. The potential timelines are:

- Natural Life: The starting arena. Call it home if you like, because it'll be the only promise of comfort you'll get. No special effects.
- Forest Fire: Tiger, Tiger, burning bright... All Fire moves receive a Flash Fire boost, all others unused to the intense heat with have -1 Accuracy.
- Industrialization: Welcome to the Night. Welcome to the Streets. Desolate for as far as the eye can see, nothing but concrete and iron beneath the streetlamps. The river and all the trees are gone, and Seismic Activity and Dig are unusable. Steel and Electric types are right at home, and have the Energy cost reduced of all moves by 2.
- Drought: Sunlight, so harsh it burns. The trees have lost their leaves, and offer little to no relief to wary battlers. All Grass-Types will be treated as if they have Solar Power, as well as their normal abilities. Water-types will also lose 1hp per action.
- Storm: Thunderbolts and Lightning, very very Frightening! The river has flooded, and everyone has about 50cm of water around their ankles! This impedes foot-movement, and all moves that require going up and striking your opponent to have negative priority. Flying types, Levitators and Water-types are able to ignore this, due to their ability to avoid/thrive in watery conditions.
- Deadland: The river dried up, and the land died with it. Nothing but Sand as far as the eye can see, which isn't very far, with the giant Sandstorm in your face. Pokemon uncomfortable with Desert conditions have -1 Accuracy.
- Snowbound: Welcome to a Winter Wonderland. Weather is Snowing (Hail, without the damage per Action). Pokemon unfit for Winter conditions will move slower than normal.
- Dusk Plateau: Identical to Natural Life, but the Sun and Moon have found a way to co-exist within the same sky. Because of the tranquility, a sense of peace befalls all Pokemon; Chilling regains 10 health as well as 18% Energy, and Recoveries are 15% more effective. This peace also affects a Pokemon's fighting prowess; All Pokemon have their Attacks Halved, Rounded Down (Min. 1)

#2:

3vs3vs3 Doubles Melee
2-day DQ
Abilities=NONE
Items=ON
Switch=OFF

I'll be the second competitor. Clever idea, Korski!

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
#2:

3vs3vs3 Doubles Melee
2-day DQ
Abilities=NONE
Items=ON
Switch=OFF

I'll join in. Sounds fun

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

#2:

3vs3vs3 Doubles Melee
2-day DQ
Abilities=NONE
Items=ON
Switch=OFF

Originally Posted by Fat Kaxtar
I'll be one of the battlers in this. Nice arena idea Korski!
Originally Posted by Fat Son_of_Shadoo
I'll be the second competitor. Clever idea, Korski!
Originally Posted by Fat jas61292
I'll join in. Sounds fun
Okay then, send those PMs and start listening to early 2000s grunge punk!

EDIT: Also looking for a ref:
Originally Posted by Fat Gerard
OPEN CHALLENGES:

4 vs. 4 Singles
2-day DQ
LC-eligible Pokemon only
I think i can do this :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)