Round 2

Mithril vs. Puretrainer
LK vs. Evire
MMF vs. YTP

Finals

Puretrainer vs. Evire
Puretrainer vs. MMF
Evire vs. MMF

Please familiarize yourself with the rules below that are specific to Tutoring Tournaments. They can be found on-site here, but I will list them below for your convenience.

1. Battles will be 6 on 6 B/W OU played on the Smogon Server of the Pokemon Online simulator.
  2. Tournament rounds will last a maximum of 1 week. No extensions will be granted. It is up to the discretion of the tournament administrator to determine who will advance in the event of an incomplete match.
  3. Pokemon that are considered "Uber" are banned from use on all teams. Smogon's tier list is supreme. Smogon's ban list can be found here.
The following clauses must be enabled for all Tutoring Tournament matches.

• Timed Battle: Select this clause when challenging for all Smogon Tour matches. This is necessary in the interest of finishing the tournament in a speedy manner.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffings on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use moves that have a chance of instantly KO opposing Pokémon. For example, Horn Drill is an illegal move to have on a Pokémon's move set.
The last two rounds saw DC. and iLeBronz take home the win; will you be the next tutee to earn a spot in the hall of fame? Sign-up and find out!

Welcome to the third sign-up thread of the newly revived tutoring tournaments for Battling 101! Here, all tutees who signed up for round 53 and were tutored by someone are eligible to sign up to play. Due to time constraints, only the first 16 people who indicate interest in the Apprentice Program sign-up thread will be allowed to participate. Also, please note that this is a BW OU tournament. Simply post your profile as you did when you signed up to get tutored (we will be checking everyone's post to make sure that they were in fact tutored during round 53). For reference:
Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself

MMF

Give me the strength to part this sea
Username:MMF
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:MMF test1, MMF tests me(others like that)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
Im on theEastern Time Zone/until next Monday Im free all day and starting on that Monday I'll be free from 3-7 pm EST

What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU or BW UU(OU takes priority)
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm a drummer in a local Post-Hardcore band and I love it. Ive played Pokemon since it first came out but about 2 years ago I started doing competitve and haven't looked back. Ive been in the top 10 on the RU ladder many times. I'm pretty good at battling and prediction but team-building is my big weakness. I really want to learn the BW OU metagame and be successful with it. My best playstyles are balanced and offense.

Username: Shining Latios
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Shining Latios, Vision
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST; 3 PM - 9 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, DPP OU, ADV
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing Pokemon since I was 4 and playing competitively for almost 3 years. I was never really that good; I made silly mistakes in battling and need basic knowledge of competitive battling. I also have trouble with teambuilding. Outside of Pokemon I enjoy playing Basketball, Football, Baseball, and Video Games.

Assigned to reyscarface

Username:TalkingLion
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:TalkingLion
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT-5 2:00 PM-1:00 AM When school starts 4:00 PM-11:00 PM
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU If possible DP OU and/or ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a young Smogoner who is already somewhat good at the BW UU and OU metagame and wants to get better at it. I also tend to use weird unsuccessful gimmicks a lot such as TrickScarf Claydol and Charm Blissey.

Username: Dublinnaser1
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Dublinnaser1
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8. 10 AM-4 PM, 9 PM-12 AM
What tier do you want to learn?: B/W OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Been playing since like 2008, but don't really play B/W much, be nice to learn it a little bit more perhaps.

Username: YTP
Pokemon Online Username: YTP
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4-8 PM EST
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: hi. im black.

TUTORED BY STONE COLD

Username:LK
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Afterburn

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+3 i'm available all day, erryday

What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, ADV OU

Tell us a little about yourself: Couple of months ago I started to get decent in BW OU. Then I had to stop playing for 5 months because of real life, and I started to play again recently and I still need to adjust to the current metagame. I really want to improve my battling strategy, such as long-term thinking and prediction, as I am decent in team building, but would like to improve in that too. My goal is to win one of the annual Smogon Tournaments, or at the very least, get as far as the finals or semi-finals. Also with the Smogon Tour coming up, if we have time I'd like to get started on ADV, it's one of those metagames I've never really looked into, and I'd really like to learn it for tour.

Username: Charizard92
Shoddy PO Username: [TUS] Charizard92, [TUS] Char92TEST
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, depends on the day as I work and am scheduled random shifts. I know two weeks in advance. Should be okay late most nights in my timezone.
What tier do you want to learn?: DP OU, BW OU. BW OU takes priority, but both would be excellent
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a guy from Southern Ontario, I go to university (should start up the last week of this round, no big deal). I've been competitively battling for over a year, and I'm decent, but I just need that little bit to put me over the edge. think a major part of that is my team building. And hax, but you can't do anything about that ;) Hoping to Rep Canada next world cup ;)

In ;)

Assigned to yondie

Username: Mithril
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Mithril
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8 (PST) Normally on between 6:00 PM and about 2:00 AM
Tell us a little about yourself: 18 year old that loves sports and video games about to go off to college in SD. Outside of pokemon also play SC2 pretty regularly. Played some B/W, but then for a couple reasons basically stopped battling entirely. Hoping to try to get back into the metagame now and eventually get more involved in Smogon in general.

Username: DarrenPwns
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Darren_Test
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT +8, 5-11 pm on weekdays and pretty much all day on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: 5th gen OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I started playing pokes like a year ago, and i started playing 5th gen early this year. I realize i'm weak at team building and stall breaking, so i would like to get a tutor.

I was tutor'd by AndViet btw

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Guys, this isn't a sign-up thread to be tutored. This is, as the title indicates, a sign-up thread for the tutee tournament. This is for the people who were tutored during round 53 and want to compete against other apprentices.

Assigned to Scimjara

Username: Evire
Pokemon Online Username: Evire / DatVire
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 9pm - 3am
Tell us a little about yourself: Im from UK and I'm a decent battler but feel that I can get better with help, and Im pretty serious about getting better. I need help with TeamBuilding, thinking towards the endgame and perhaps some advanced battle strategy :)

PS. Scimjara already agreed to tutor me so i'd like him if possible :)

Assigned to Zephyr

Username: Pure
Pokemon Online Username: It changes frequently I will let my opponent know ahead of time what it is.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 open to pretty much anytime most days.
Tell us a little about yourself: Just a simple college student that likes to skate and hang out with friends in my free time.

Assigned to zarator

Username: Flashstorm1
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Flashstorm1
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6; 6 PM - 10 PM CST
What tier do you want to learn?: OU, Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Most of the Smogon staff knows me. I left competitive battling about two years ago because I was disappointed with the standard tier at the time, in addition to simply getting bored of Pokemon. Now that the next generation of Pokemon is out, I'm ready to give competitive battling another try.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Thanks, Flash.

Round 1

LK vs Charizard92
Mithril vs DarrenPwns
Evire vs Shining Latios
YTP vs Dublinnaser1
MMF vs TalkingLion
Flashstorm1 vs Puretrainer

Good luck guys!

I talk to Dubby every day so it should be easy to get this done. Probably not today though. Today is college football day C:

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RMT Leader
Looks like a nice round 1, rooting for my tutee Darren and Evire.

Good luck guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)