Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sup limi, gratz on one of your necesary posts XD

Take a Graveler that must manage to score a kill on 3 pokemon in the Elite Four, all three coming from different trainers.

Take K8 the Ratatta/raticate. It must have Tackle the entire journey. You cannot use any moves that outclasses it (any other physical normal type move with higher base power)

All six pokes are accepted, thanks everybody!
Team:

Can only use Normal type attacks until it evolves, can only use normal plus grass after.
Soloing Norman.
Thoughts: Sweet challenge, soloing Norman ought to be fun.

Update#1: Just reached Fallarbor town.
Evolution Status: Grovyle.
Level: 24
Moveset:
Quick Attack
Absorb
Screech
Cut (Might as well teach an HM, it's not like I need the moveslot)
Thoughts: Dannyboy the Grovyle is holding his own, and was invaluable against Roxanne.
Absorb 3HKOed her Nosepass and OHKOed both Geodude.
Currently, he's a strong contender for MVP, though I really need some more powerful moves.
I get Leaf Blade in five levels, so that ought to help.

Update#2: Just reached Fortree City.
Evolution Status: Grovyle
Level: 35
Moveset:
Quick Attack
Leaf Blade
Screech (Planning on replacing this, I think I've used it once)
Cut (Might as well teach an HM, it's not like I need the moveslot)
Thoughts: Dannyboy's solo of Norman went better than expected. After grinding a bit in the desert, he learned Leaf Blade and I decided he was ready to face Norman.
Norman's Spinda decided to Encore Leaf Blade (Fine with me), and I then proceeded to get a lucky crit against his Vigoroth.
His Linoone fell after deciding to Belly Drum, and Slakoth was finally KOed after being fully healed twice.
All in all, DannyBoy cleans up. His high level and strong STAB make him a great poke to fall back on in an emergency.

Can only use moves that SS's Ralts knows.
Can only evolve to Gardevoir when SS's Ralts evolves to Gallade.
Soloing Brawly (level>15)
Thoughts: Awesome idea, SS. Please evolve Mentalist soon!

Evolution Status: Kirlia
Moveset:
Confusion
Calm Mind
Double Team
Teleport
Thoughts: Mentalist proved her worth in the solo against Brawly.
His fighting-types fell to STAB Confusion, and I got some lucky confusion hax on his Meditite.
Despite her mono-type attacking abilities, this Kirlia continues to dish out damage like a pro.
I plan on teaching her Thunderbolt as soon as I get the TM from Wattson.
She learns Psychic in two levels. XD

Update#1: Just reached Fortree City.
Evolution Status: Kirlia
Level: 31
Moveset:
Psychic
Calm Mind
Double Team
Teleport
Thoughts: Mentalist is a total glass cannon. Her strong STAB Psychic is invaluable against everything from the common Zubat to Maxie's Camerupt, but she can't take a hit very well.
She soloed Flannery, with, surprisingly, Dustin's help.
Knowing Flannery would spam Overheat, I sent out Dustin "Death Fodder" Poochyena to take one for the team. He got lucky.
First overheat? Miss. Retaliate with Sand-Attack.
Second overheat? Miss. MOAR SAND-ATTACK
Dustin got Flannery's Numel to minus-three accuracy before dying.
Mentalist proceeded to switch in, get to plus six in evasion, special attack, and special defense, then OHKO everything Flannery sent out.
She rocks. Unless I'm facing a Dark-type.

Can only use Normal-type moves. (I'm including Assist)
Soloing a poke in 1/3 of all major battles.
Can evolve after soloing Winona. (Mandatory)
Soloing four pokemon in the elite four.
Thoughts: Oh my gods Winona's Skarmory is going to be bloody impossible to take down...

Evolution Status: Skitty
Moveset:
DoubleSlap
Attract
Assist
Sing
Thoughts: I've been trying to use Normal as much as possible, to prepare for Winona.
Despite only having one real attack, Normal spreads Sleep and infatuation throughout enemy ranks.
I'm still nervous about that damn Skarmory, though.
Normal has soloed the rival's Lotad/Lombre in every battle so far, by using Attract then spamming DoubleSlap.
I tried to have him solo Wattson's Voltorb, but it used Self-Destruct. Does that count?

Evolution Status: Skitty
Level: 36
Moveset:
Double-Slap (Soon to be Double-Edge)
Attract
Covet
Sing
Thoughts: I'm worried about Normal.
I have to solo Winona with only Normal-type moves.
She has a Skarmory
Her lead, a Swablu, knows Perish Song.
I'm in trouble.
The current plan is to learn Double-Edge in three levels, then use a Moon Stone to evolve to Delcatty. Then pray.
Normal has soloed at least one of May's Pokémon in each battle.
Most recently, it soloed her Pelipper, despite it's annoying habit of using Protect.

Cannot use a move if it's used against me.
Cannot fight the Skitty, Treecko, Ralts, Poochyena or Makuhita lines.
Must be sent out every 25th turn, like clockwork.
Soloing 1/3 of the rival's team in final battle.
Soloing two trainers per gym.
Thoughts: Odd indeed. I can't wait until my only move left is Sweet Scent and I'll STILL have to solo things. :)

Evolved to Gloom
Moveset:
Bullet Seed (Previously Absorb, until an enemy Oddish took away that option)
Acid (Does surprising damage, despite low BP)
PoisonPowder
Sleep Powder (Cannot be used)
Thoughts: Odd is a thorn in my side, as having to be sent out every 25th turn is troublesome to say the least.
However, his power took a good jump after he evolved to Gloom, and now he does surprising damage with low-power attacks.
So far, he has only soloed two trainers in Wattson's gym, poisoning both foes before cleaning up with Bullet Seed.
I've been running away from wild Oddish and Shroomish, because I'm terrified one will use PoisonPowder and take away that move.

Evolution Status: Gloom
Level: 31
Moveset:
Bullet Seed
Acid
Poison Powder
Sleep Powder (Cannot be used)
Thoughts: Odd the Oddish Gloom remains a fantastic poke to use.
Despite my double Grass-types, Odd continues to spam Status and STAB attacks against foes with great success.
He managed to solo two trainers in Flannery's gym, neither of whom had a fire-type. (Odd, that)
Norman's gym was more difficult, but he still managed to pull through.
He's a great help in double battles, and I can't wait until I can evolve him.

Must always be lowest leveled member of team and can only battle outside.
After it evolves, must be highest leveled member of team.
If it faints ten times pre-e4, can never fight again.
Thoughts: Ugh, grind-fest. I might never let him evolve. Poor little hyena.

Level: ???
Moveset:
Tackle
???
???
???
Thoughts: I never really got around to using Dustin in any battles, so he was pitifully underleveled when I got to Mauville city.
I dropped him off in the Daycare, and he was level 13 last time I checked in.
I don't intend on ever letting him evolve. Once again, poor little hyena.

Evolution Status: Poochyena
Level: 16
Moveset:
Howl
Sand-Attack
Bite
Odor Sleuth
Thoughts: Despite his invaluable help against Flannery, Dustin continues to be underwhelming. His inability to evolve, bad attacking options, and low level hinder his ability to help my team.
Poor little hyena.

Can only use moves an action hero would use.
(Tackle, Fake-Out, Endure, Focus Punch, Brick Break, Strength, and Rock Smash.)
Must at least be sent out in 7th gym.
Thoughts: Thank you for not saying "Solo the 7th gym." Seriously, god bless you. I would shoot my gameboy.

Evolution Status: Hariyama
Level: 26
Moveset:
Tackle
Fake Out
Rock Smash
Focus Energy (Cannot be used, but gets picked by Skitty's Assist every. Damn. Time)
Thoughts: Hero was, well, the hero against Wattson.
He took out Magnemite with Rock Smash, and then KOed Manectric after getting a Guts boost from Thunder Wave.
Until I get the TM for Brick Break, he won't have any good STAB, but Rock Smash does enough for now.

Evolution Status: Hariyama
Level: 32
Moveset:
Fake Out
Strength
Rock Smash
Focus Energy (Cannot be used)
Thoughts: Hero is amazing.
It takes hits like a pro, shrugs off status thanks to Guts, and can generally clean up.
I can't wait until it gets Brick Break, lack of a good STAB is the only thing holding it back.

I'm starting this tonight, thanks again everyone!
Current Status: Getting ready to solo Winona. With Skitty.
Wish me luck...
OHKOed Swablu with Double-Edge.

2HKOed Tropius with Double-Edge, took an Aerial Ace.
Sitrus Berry activated and healed Normal a little.

Pelipper protected itself repeatedly.
2HKOed with Double-Edge anyway.

Used Attract on Skarmory. It was immobilized by love.
Fully healed with a Hyper Potion, because recoil was ruining my health.
Again, Skarmory was just too love-struck to move.
Used Covet to steal Skarmory's Oran Berry.
It used Steel Wing.
Used Double Edge for a somewhat pathetic amount of damage.
It retaliated with another Steel Wing.
MOAR DOUBLE EDGE.
It decides to be even MORE annoying, and goes for Sand-Attack.
Spam of Double-Edge and Steel Wing for three turns.
Winona used a Hyper Potion. (Fuck)
So do I. (HOW'S THAT TASTE, WINONA?)
More attack-spam.
I use a Leppa Berry, while Winona fully heals Skarm again. (Double-fuck)
I finally manage to KO with Double Edge, and level-up in the progress.

Winona sends out her final Pokémon, Altaria.
I swap in Dustin while it Dragon-Dances, and manage to heal Normal while Dustin gets OHKOed.
Normal comes back in to finish the job.
I start off with an Attract. (So glad Normal is male)
It's immobilized by love.
I DOUBLE EDGE!
It Dragon-Dances again.
It's immobilized by love, and I KO IT WITH DOUBLE EDGE!
HELLS YES!
TAKE THAT, WINONA!

Limianic, take a Squirtle and name it Topsy.
This tiny turtle loves to spin, so it must keep and learn Rapid Spin and use it immediately every time it is sent out.
The number of Pokémon it soloes with only Rapid Spin is the amount of times it can evolve.
It must solo Blaine.
Good luck!

That's almost too easy, but I won't complain. :P
Not really. Lorelei rapes Graveler, Bruno, you'll HAVE to go for Onix, Agatha the most viable option is Arbox who has Earthquake (Golbat has Giga Drain IIRC) and Lance, everything outspeeds and has an SE attack with the possible exception of Aerodactyl.

EDIT: Speaking of Golbat, capture one from the Seafoam Islands. Solo Giovanni at both Silph Co. and Viridian Gym. Must always know Giga Drain and Confuse Ray.

Hm, you're right, Son of Shadoo. Didn't think it all the way through.

So I have

Take a Graveler that must manage to score a kill on 3 pokemon in the Elite Four, all three coming from different trainers.

Take K8 the Ratatta/raticate. It must have Tackle the entire journey. You cannot use any moves that outclasses it (any other physical normal type move with higher base power)

This tiny turtle loves to spin, so it must keep and learn Rapid Spin and use it immediately every time it is sent out.
The number of Pokémon it soloes with only Rapid Spin is the amount of times it can evolve.
It must solo Blaine.
Good luck!

Speaking of Golbat, capture one from the Seafoam Islands. Solo Giovanni at both Silph Co. and Viridian Gym. Must always know Giga Drain and Confuse Ray.

Thanks for the mons, guys!

@Limianic

Bring a Tangela named Angela because that's a pretty name. Angela likes to look back at First Generation when she was the ONLY mono-grass type pokemon. Why did that matter? Because most of the other grass types were grass/poison and how unfortunate was it to be a poison type in gen1? To celebrate that she is not a poison type she must solo Sabrina with only grass type moves (this includes status, stat-changing AND attacking moves). Angela must score at least 2 KOs against Elite 4 Pokemon (not solos, just KOs. Any two Pokemon from any number trainers. However, must be Elite 4 members and not the Champion)

Alright, Limianic, take Realist the Pikachu. Realist is pissed at the way that Pikachu is portrayed in the anime, what with it somehow pulling off amazing feats like AIM FOR DA HORN! Because of this, Realist wants to show the world how it's REALLY done. It must solo Brock's Onix or faint trying, to show how that shit really should've worked. It also must solo Giovanni's Rhydon, showing that "aiming for the horn" isn't the way to do it (hint, IRON TAIL!). It can only evolve after it's shown 20 trainer owned flying type pokemon what really happens when you electrify a flying type (Hint: it isn't "thunder armour").

Jimera, can Pikachu be a Raichu by the time I face Giovanni?

And also, thanks guys for the suggestions! I will start tomorrow!
The 6 mons:

It must solo Blaine.
Good luck!

Speaking of Golbat, capture one from the Seafoam Islands. Solo Giovanni at both Silph Co. and Viridian Gym. Must always know Giga Drain and Confuse Ray.

Bring a Tangela named Angela because that's a pretty name. Angela likes to look back at First Generation when she was the ONLY mono-grass type pokemon. Why did that matter? Because most of the other grass types were grass/poison and how unfortunate was it to be a poison type in gen1? To celebrate that she is not a poison type she must solo Sabrina with only grass type moves (this includes status, stat-changing AND attacking moves). Angela must score at least 2 KOs against Elite 4 Pokemon (not solos, just KOs. Any two Pokemon from any number trainers. However, must be Elite 4 members and not the Champion)

(I actually used a Tangrowth named Angela in HG, haha)

Alright, Limianic, take Realist the Pikachu. Realist is pissed at the way that Pikachu is portrayed in the anime, what with it somehow pulling off amazing feats like AIM FOR DA HORN! Because of this, Realist wants to show the world how it's REALLY done. It must solo Brock's Onix or faint trying, to show how that shit really should've worked. It also must solo Giovanni's Rhydon, showing that "aiming for the horn" isn't the way to do it (hint, IRON TAIL!). It can only evolve after it's shown 20 trainer owned flying type pokemon what really happens when you electrify a flying type (Hint: it isn't "thunder armour").

Just updating my HG Scramble.

Name: Fauna
Rival: V
Destination: Viridian City
Purpose: Whoop Blue's ass black and purple.

Leafy the Meganium: Long completed challenge. Has a set of Earthquake/Body Slam/Synthesis/Poisonpowder @ Leftovers

TopPercent: Long completed challenge, has soloe'd Joey the Youngster about 4 times (he sucks ._.). Has a set of Return/Rock Smash/Crunch/Super Fang @ Silk Scarf

Tuco the Poliwrath: Still slaps and shoots. I was forced to replace Water Gun with Waterfall due to desperately needing some HM users, but I still have Mud Shot. Managed to evolve it after Pokeathelon grinding. Has a set of Surf/Waterfall/Mud Shot/Wake up Slap @ Mystic Water

Molten the Magmar: Uses 4 different move types. Has a set of Flamethrower/Faint Attack/Confuse Ray/Leer @ Amulet Coin

(Forgot name) the Graveler: After about 3 hours of grinding, it's finally caught up with the team. Has a set of Explosion/Strength/Stone Edge/Earthquake @ Soft Sand. The Explosion req is a bitch though. T_T

Ninja'd the Scyther: Grinded along with (Forgot Name) and he's caught up as well. Still uses moves that can't be boosted by it's ability (Technician thank god). Has a set of X-Scissor/Night Slash/Slash/Roost

Since I've almost finished this one (Just need to beat Blue, Elite 4 Round 2, and Red), I'm starting requests for another HG Scramble. Needs to be:
  • Medium - Medium/Hard
  • I reserve to right to deny requirements and challenges
  • No trading (for evolutions or otherwise)
  • Pokemon include: Starter
  • A poke attainable before Mr. Pokemons house
  • Another Poke between then and Bugsy
  • A poke attainable between then and Jasmin
  • A poke attainable between then and E4 Round 1
  • A semi-decent poke attainable only in Kanto

Current Poke's:

Benny in a Jet, you get Jaws the Totodile, who can evolve into Croconaw normally, but must evolve again after the kimono girls. It must learn and keep a move that involves its jaws.
Benny, take an Aipom between Bugsy and Jasmine. It has it's abilities mixed up, so if it has Technician, it may never hold an item, while having Pickup will only allow it to use moves boosted by Technician. Solo 3 Gym Leader Pokemon, from at least 2 different Gym Leaders. Name it Handy.
Benny take a Tauros and name it Red. It thinks it is going on a stampede so it must have Anger Point. When it gets hit by a Critical Hit, it must use the strongest attack it has REGARDLESS of type (meaning if a Normal attack is your strongest and your opponent is a ghost, well tough cookies). It must solo 3 Gym Leader Pokemon or 1 Gym Leader to be used in the Elite Four. Oh and you have to solo one of Lance's Dragonite.
I'll use the strongest move if it's a resist, but I'm switching out on an immunity.

Benny, take a Spinarak and name it Arachel if it's female and ArachNed if it's male. Puns, ftw.

If it has the ability Swarm, it is fiercely antisocial.
As such, it can never use Bug-type moves and can never directly attack when it's in the Swarm zone.

If it has the ability Insomnia, it is utterly exhausted.
It needs to Leech the Life of a foe at least once before directly attacking them. (After level 12)

Either way, it must solo every trainer in a gym (except the gym leader) to evolve. (Optional evolution)
It must also solo Karen. (Mandatory)

Benny in a Jet, take a Chikorita and name it Blossom.
It must learn and keep Natural Gift ASAP.
(The number of trainer-owned Pokémon it soloes using only Natural Gift) divided by 2 (Rounded down) equals (The number of times it can evolve)

It must solo at least three Pokémon in the elite four.
All three must belong to different trainers.

Good luck!

EDIT: Didn't see you used Chikorita last time. If you want, I can come up with one for Totodile or Cyndaquil.
On the other hand, Chikorita is pretty awesome. :)

Super Saiyan, I accepted your Zubat, and I caught it, but I have a problem with priorities concerning Zubat. The details are in your PM.

Axmaster68, does Waterfall count as a tails move for Buizel/Floatzel? I believe it does.

Benny in a Jet, you get Jaws the Totodile, who can evolve into Croconaw normally, but must evolve again after the kimono girls. It must learn and keep a move that involves its jaws.

Benny, take an Aipom between Bugsy and Jasmine. It has it's abilities mixed up, so if it has Technician, it may never hold an item, while having Pickup will only allow it to use moves boosted by Technician. Solo 3 Gym Leader Pokemon, from at least 2 different Gym Leaders. Name it Handy.

Benny in a Jet, take a Chikorita and name it Blossom.
It must learn and keep Natural Gift ASAP.
(The number of trainer-owned Pokémon it soloes using only Natural Gift) divided by 2 (Rounded down) equals (The number of times it can evolve)

It must solo at least three Pokémon in the elite four.
All three must belong to different trainers.

Good luck!

EDIT: Didn't see you used Chikorita last time. If you want, I can come up with one for Totodile or Cyndaquil.
On the other hand, Chikorita is pretty awesome. :)
Yes Chikorita is surprisingly awesome, but Pika already gave me Toto. Another one please?

Benny take a Tauros and name it Red. It thinks it is going on a stampede so it must have Anger Point. When it gets hit by a Critical Hit, it must use the strongest attack it has REGARDLESS of type (meaning if a Normal attack is your strongest and your opponent is a ghost, well tough cookies). It must solo 3 Gym Leader Pokemon or 1 Gym Leader to be used in the Elite Four. Oh and you have to solo one of Lance's Dragonite.

Technically I was first.
I even had "Reserving the starter" and everything.
It's okay, though, I'll give you a pre-Mr.-Pokémon's house one.

Benny, take a Spinarak and name it Arachel if it's female and ArachNed if it's male. Puns, ftw.

If it has the ability Swarm, it is fiercely antisocial.
As such, it can never use Bug-type moves and can never directly attack when it's in the Swarm zone.

If it has the ability Insomnia, it is utterly exhausted.
It needs to Leech the Life of a foe at least once before directly attacking them. (After level 12)

Either way, it must solo every trainer in a gym (except the gym leader) to evolve. (Optional evolution)
It must also solo Karen. (Mandatory)

Good luck!

EDIT: Derp, I did say Pika25. Whoops.

To give an update.

I have solo'd one of Claire's grunts with Frieza. I only get one turn to attack thanks to its crap defense and Blizzards crap accuracy. Its current movepool is Lovely Kiss/Blizzard/Fake Tears/Hail. I have given up on Slowpoke since its current attacks are special and it has a higher attack.

Flamer has met the requirements to be used in the Elite Four (thank you Flame Body).

Gyarados is well I can't use Waterfall against non Fire/Rock/Ground pokemon.

Jeri is doing awesome.

Cilan is doing just as well.

Fang is actually doing alright. Once it gets Super Fang, it is going to KILL.

Hi guys, I want to start a scramble challenge in LeafGreen! I don't want a too difficult one, so please be nice. :]
The only reqs are being not too harsh, a starter and no trades.
So go ahead!
Limianic, get a Pikachu From the Viridian Forest named Sparky. Sparky believes that evolution is for whimps, so he doesn't ever want to evolve. To prove his superiority, he must attempt to solo Lt. Surge. You only get one try.

IF YOU SUCCEED: Sparky proves to himself and all other electrics that evolution isn't all it's cracked up to be. He may never evolve, but has no other restrictions.

IF YOU FAIL: Sparky's self-confidence is shattered, and he loses trust in himself. You must evolve him ASAP because he thinks he will never be strong enough otherwise. However, he never quite regains that spunk and confidence he once had, so he may never use an electric move above 70 BP.

Good luck!

Limianic, get a Pikachu From the Viridian Forest named Sparky. Sparky believes that evolution is for whimps, so he doesn't ever want to evolve. To prove his superiority, he must attempt to solo Lt. Surge. You only get one try.

IF YOU SUCCEED: Sparky proves to himself and all other electrics that evolution isn't all it's cracked up to be. He may never evolve, but has no other restrictions.

IF YOU FAIL: Sparky's self-confidence is shattered, and he loses trust in himself. You must evolve him ASAP because he thinks he will never be strong enough otherwise. However, he never quite regains that spunk and confidence he once had, so he may never use an electric move above 70 BP.

Good luck!
I already gave Limianic a Pikachu. Make sure you check what other people have given them before you post your own eh? :P

Pika, yes Waterfall counts, and Benny, you get BoomBoom the Voltorb. Boom loves explosions, so Boom must explode 10 times before Boom can evolve, and 15 times after(evolve anytime after Selfdestruct SDT= exploding), in which Boom gets sick of fainting and has to forget the move. He becomes sad, and cannot use a STAB or normal type move with more than 70 BP. He then finds his new passion, levitating, and must solo any 1 Kanto gym leader while levitating because of Magnet Rise, and never forget the move. Before Red though, he has a random urge to breed, so you must catch a female Voltorb, evolve it, and breed it with BoomBoom to get a Voltorb with IV's totaling more than 60 before he can be used in the battle against Red.(you can substitute IV's of 60 or more for winning 5 pokeathelons with the baby.) Good luck with your scramble!!

@DDWest, take a Meowth named Meowza. It must either know all Physical moves, or all Special moves, and must solo your Rival to evolve. Also solo Blaine because he likes dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)