Gen 2 my team needs help

Okay, here's the ones that I quite like:

Snorlax w/ leftovers
-Curse - Protect
-Earthquake - Toxic

Umbreon w/???? (stallar to support snorlax)
-Faint Attack/Bite -confuse ray
-Moonlight -Attract/ mean look

Vapreon w/mint berry (another staller)
-Rest -Ice beam
-Surf -Detect

Tyranitar w/soft sand? (powerhouse)
-Equake -Rock Slide
-Cruch -sandstorm

Gengar w/???? (special sweeper)
-Confuse Ray? -Thunderbolt
-Psychic -Shadowball

Houndoom w/Charcoal? (sunnybeam!)
-Sunny day -Flamethrower
-Solarbeam -Crunch

-I dislike how easy 'doom dies, he's really can't take a hit. Note the HUGE weakness against fighting, maybe a flying should be tossed in? Help me out.

Snorlax w/ leftovers
-Curse -Rest
-Earthquake - Normal Stab (Body Slam or Double-Edge.)

Umbreon w/???? (stallar to support snorlax) Give it leftovers.
-Charm -confuse ray
-Rest/ mean look

Vapreon w/mint berry (another staller) Same as Snorlax
-Rest -Ice beam
-Surf -Growth/Sleep Talk

Tyranitar w/soft sand? (powerhouse) Same as Snorlax.
-Equake -Rock Slide
-Cruch -Fire Blast

Gengar w/???? (special sweeper) Same as Snorlax.
-Your better off with Ice Punch -Some kind of Kamikaze move.

Houndoom
w/Charcoal? (sunnybeam!)
-Sunny day -Flamethrower
-Solarbeam -Crunch

This set works but Flamethrower is blah consider using Fire Blast for more power.

PS is this for ingame?

Thanks for help. I wanna hammer out a few more details, see how they fly. Keep in mind I am doing this on the ACTUAL game, no emulators for me this time 'round. My opponent and I have made the following rules for the match:
-NO legendaries of any kind (ie dogs, birds, cats, whatever).
-DT allowed (so I need a 100% hit move)

I KNOW that he'll be using things like Hyper beam, Double Team, Hypnosis and is a real nooblet- so I wanna be able to sweep when I need and stall (just for shits) when I have to.

Snorlax w/ leftovers
-Curse -Rest
-Earthquake - Normal Stab (Body Slam or Double-Edge.)

-will he still be a good staller here without protect?

-Faint attack -confuse ray
-toxic -Moonlight (does this work decent enough to stall also, only one rest tm in GSC isn't there?)

I want him to have some kind of attack to defend himself as well as support incase a friggin gengar or DT is pulled. I would allow swapping so I can poison all my opponents pokemons, is this good? the moveset you gave me has a staller with no means of draining life, so I'd need a toxic somewhere.

-Rest -Ice beam
-Surf -protect

-I only plan on reviving him once with the mint berry. Anything else is just gravy, so protect I really do like on this chap.

-Equake -Rock Slide
-Cruch -Fire Blast

-nice call with fireblast. I guess sstorm is kinda dumb on a sweeper, lol.

Gengar w/???? (special sweeper) Same as Snorlax.
-Ice punch -Thunderbolt
-shadow ball -explosion.

-I wanna tear is ghost/psychic pokemon apart with shadow ball. Isn't explosion under the "attack" instead of "special attack"? That would make it weak willed, plus gengar is usually a OHKO when he takes a super effective in the face...still, useful.

-Sunny day -Flamethrower
-Solarbeam -Crunch

I gotta learn to use 'doom right, lol...fireblasr misses alot, doesn't it?

Okay, here's the ones that I quite like:

Snorlax w/ leftovers
-Curse - Protect
-Earthquake - Toxic

what the? rest over protect and return over toxic.

-Faint Attack/Bite -confuse ray
-Moonlight -Attract/ mean look

use mean look. and he can't attack for his life so use toxic on the first slot. use leftovers

-Rest -Ice beam
-Surf -Detect

whats with this protect and detect stuff? put acid armor over detect.

-Equake -Rock Slide
-Cruch -sandstorm

Fire Blast over sandstorm. attach a quick claw/leftovers.

Gengar w/???? (special sweeper)
-Psychic -Shadowball

well since you want to keep shadow ball, this is fine, just attach whatever item it is that powers up ghost attacks.

-Sunny day -Flamethrower
-Solarbeam -Crunch

-I dislike how easy 'doom dies, he's really can't take a hit. Note the HUGE weakness against fighting, maybe a flying should be tossed in? Help me
out.

since you dont want houndoom, want a flying type, and still could use a fire type, use moltres. this is the best set IMO

Moltres(Charcoal)
-Sunny Day
-Fire Blast
-HP: Grass
-Whirlwind

sunny day+fire blast+ charcoal on moltres is one of the most, if not the most powerful special attacks in the game. HP: Grass tears through most waters, rocks, and grounds, and whirlwind is because you dont have a hazer.
there. hope i helped. its an overall nice team though 8.5/10

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
erm. i think you're used to in-game stuff. a machamp rock slide is at best a 3hko on zapdos, and ttar's rock slide is probably a 2/3hko. probably a 2hko, even with leftovers. zapdos (and all legendaries) are much sturdier than houndoom and therefore are much more dangerous (and borderline unfair) in gsc with hidden power water/ice/grass.

erm. i think you're used to in-game stuff. a machamp rock slide is at best a 3hko on zapdos, and ttar's rock slide is probably a 2/3hko. probably a 2hko, even with leftovers. zapdos (and all legendaries) are much sturdier than houndoom and therefore are much more dangerous (and borderline unfair) in gsc with hidden power water/ice/grass.
nah i play competitively all the time. and i was talking about moltres, not zapdos. moltres dies easily to rock slide. zapdos might be a different story though so you do have a point. well, you could just use wing attack instead of HP:Grass on moltres. or this

Entei(Leftovers)
-Sunny Day
-Flamethrower
-Solarbeam
-Return

can do the same as houndoom, but with more survivability. return goes off his 328 attack stat.

sorry for the confusion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)