Rarely Used (RU) Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
phion IS great idea.

how is sun?
when charizard comes down, specs fire blast will HURT HURT HURT in the sun
There's no drought in ru, and charizard doesn't get to switch out in a tier where having stealth rocks on the field is absolutely necessary. I suppose you could run sunny day on charizard to avoid switching, but you have to sacrifice coverage.

scarfed Porygon both fails to 2HKO it and you can easily toxic stall them.
Any sashed poke/pokemon with sturdy easily beats Yanmega as long as stealth rock is off the field.
Timid Porygon-Z Thunderbolt: 74.5-88.2% to +Sp. Def max/ max Mandibuzz.
Timid Adaptability Tri Attack: 63.2-74.5% to the same Mandibuzz
SpecLens Yanmega Bug Buzz: 71.5- 84.2%
All calcs were taken without Rocks on the field. It's not a Lugia.

And even with Blastoise and Claydol being so common, its not impossible to keep rocks/spikes on the field.

Timid Porygon-Z Thunderbolt: 74.5-88.2% to +Sp. Def max/ max Mandibuzz.
Timid Adaptability Tri Attack: 63.2-74.5% to the same Mandibuzz
SpecLens Yanmega Bug Buzz: 71.5- 84.2%
All calcs were taken without Rocks on the field. It's not a Lugia.

And even with Blastoise and Claydol being so common, its not impossible to keep rocks/spikes on the field.
non + sp att timid scarf Porygon Z does nowhere near that on 252HP/252Sp Def Mandibuzz. For some reason a lot of people like to run the scarf set lol.

Mandibuzz can take one hit from tinted lens Yanmega and just whirlwind it away. If you also run a spinblocker on your team, the player using Yanmega would be screwed. Also even though Lens Yanmega is more threatening to most teams, I find the Speed boost specs/LO set a lot more common. There's just too many pokemon who can outspeed Lens Yanmega. Primape, scarf Pinsir, Rapidash, scarf Krookodile, Archeops, Sharpedo w/protect just to mention a few! Special walls like Regice and Cryogonal also has no problem taking a bug buzz and then KO it with an Ice beam after Stealth rock.

Now this is a bit off what I started talking about, but Yanmega is not really a threat in RU and using one of those pokes doesn't really "limit" your team. The only things in RU thats broken are Cress and Kabutops in rain. Though all you really need to take down cress is toxic and a bulky poke with Roar/whirlwind.

He calculated the damage after a Nasty Plot for Porygon-Z.

I have no idea where he got the damage for Yanmega, though, since Tinted Lens doesn't boost Bug Buzz's power against Mandibuzz.

1. Yeeah I gave them all +2. Im really fucked up those calcs lol
2. DID YOU JUST SAY YANMEGAS NOT A THREAT?!?!
3. All Cress either have Rest or Substitute. Cress laughs at Toxic.
4. You said you needed Toxic and Whirlwind for Cress. Those work against each other.
5. Sure, they outspeed SpecLens, but can they counter it? Nope!

2. DID YOU JUST SAY YANMEGAS NOT A THREAT?!?!
That through me for a loop as well. I tried to find out what he meant but it just doesn't make sense. Yanmega has two sets...one is the best late game cleaner evar. And 2, he is one of the best Choice Specs users in existence.

In regards to the brokenness of things no, Yanmega is not broken in my opinion, but with proper team support from pokes such as Blastoise and Emboar, you're in for a rough battle. Cress is really annoying and most likely needs to gtfo but it does have some good checks in the tier. One of which is Yanmega. However rain is REALLY powerful so we'll see about Kabutops.

edit: Hey you added more points as I typed this >:(

We need NU, it's been a whole year. Anyone figuring out which mons are going in RU and which are going in NU? Also, I suggest a BL2 (between UU and RU) and a BL3 (between RU and NU) in order to ban Snover from RU and make the NU metagame playable.

We need NU, it's been a whole year. Anyone figuring out which mons are going in RU and which are going in NU? Also, I suggest a BL2 (between UU and RU) and a BL3 (between RU and NU) in order to ban Snover from RU and make the NU metagame playable.
It hasn't been a year, its been 3 months. RU hasn't even had suspect voting yet, NU won't be officially created for ~2 months. Plus, the metas gonna shift a ton when Blastoise and friends go UU and Charizard and friends come down here. I do agree with BL2, but BL3 is kind of useless. NU probably won't be recognized as an official tier and get suspect voting, much like 4th gen NU. And lastly, Hail isn't broken down here, sorry. :/

Claydol and Xatu heavily disagree.
1. I thought Xatu was UU is it moving down? And even so Rhyperior sets up rocks all day even with Xatu because theres no way in hell Xatu is gonna switch in on a Rhyperior.
2. The most common spinblocker, Golurk takes a dump all over Claydol if it doesn't carry ice beam and stuff like Cofagrigus sets up on it ferdays. (Also being a Psychic-type doesn't help matters seeing as it weak to all of the bugs in the tier).

MMF

Give me the strength to part this sea
Xatu will most likely move down but how is Rhyperior going to stop it since Rhyperior is possibly going to UU next update?

MMF

Give me the strength to part this sea
Not necessarily. Krookodile can switch in and pursuit it for a good chunk. Honchkrow can do the same. There are probably other options as well.

Zephyr

Life Stream
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not necessarily. Krookodile can switch in and pursuit it for a good chunk. Honchkrow can do the same. There are probably other options as well.
Yeah, it'll still be a problem though, since RU lacks a lot of the hard hitters in the upper tiers. To top it off you can't status Xatu thanks to it's ability, pair that with Roost and it's gonna end up being an issue.

Yeah, it'll still be a problem though, since RU lacks a lot of the hard hitters in the upper tiers. To top it off you can't status Xatu thanks to it's ability, pair that with Roost and it's gonna end up being an issue.
Synchronize and attacks like scald can still status him though :l

Zephyr

Life Stream
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Synchronize and attacks like scald can still status him though :l
Yeah that's really indirect and unreliable though. I'm not gonna carry a Synchronize user and try to switch it into a random toxic from Xatu and hope for the best lol. Scald yeah, its a shame its a more rare in RU though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)