Poll: Would you still play Smogon BW OU if all perma weather is banned?

Would you still play Smogon BW OU if all perma weather is banned?

• Yes I would still play on Smogon's server

Votes: 74 70.5%
  • I would come and play on Smogon's server every now and then

Votes: 13 12.4%
  • I would stop playing on Smogon's server forever

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 7 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
READ THE OP FIRST

Well, that's the question.
Would you still play in Smogon's OU if all perma-weather was banned?

It seems like there's been more support for banning all weathers altogether than there was back before Aldaron's Proposal. What's your opinion?
Note: This poll is not asking if you want to ban all weathers. This poll is asking if you would still play OU at Smogon or if you would move to another server with a metagame that has weather.

The main point of this poll is to try to answer any questions about "splitting the playerbase" were this ban to be made.
If you hit "Other" it would be nice if you'd explain why.
Reviving Woodchuck's thread from a while ago to see how everyone will react to this now that the metagame has developed a bit more

And NO this thread hasn't got anything to do with actually banning Perma-Weather, it's just seeing what everyone at Smogon thinks. Personally I would stay at Smogon, but the poll isn't public so choose whatever you feel like.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
You forgot the poll.

And to make a less misleading poll question.

No, not even that, you forgot to make a question that wasn't so fundamentally wrong and against Smogon's philosophy. You're pretty much saying "hey guys what if we banned all weather because we are bored, would you still play?????" when it should be "hey guys do you really think we should tackle banning weather instead of the abusers, if we find anything broken in the metagame????". That's like asking to ban Stealth Rock because of Articuno, absolute bias.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
I chose other.

While I would still play on the Smogon Ladder regularly, I would put a LOT of my time into another ladder with weather. I wouldn't leave the ladder completely, I wouldn't play it "now and then," it'd be more of 65/45, 45 being on the Smogon Ladder.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
I would still play. I'm fine if it stays though. I personally don't use weather, so I don't see any particular reason to bitch about weather theoretically getting banned.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Also, could you make the poll public? It'd be nice to see what others voted for, like last time.

a fairy

Community Leader
You forgot the poll.

And to make a less misleading poll question.

No, not even that, you forgot to make a question that wasn't so fundamentally wrong and against Smogon's philosophy. You're pretty much saying "hey guys what if we banned all weather because we are bored, would you still play?????" when it should be "hey guys do you really think we should tackle banning weather instead of the abusers, if we find anything broken in the metagame????". That's like asking to ban Stealth Rock because of Articuno, absolute bias.

You misunderstood the purpose of this thread, it seems. Aeromence is saying exactly what you criticized. If weather was banned, would you still play on Smogon's ladder? it's not what you said, it's exactly that.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If anything, I'd stop playing if weather was banned and just go to PO instead like everyone else. Weather IMO is not broken at all, nor does it hurt diversity. If anything it improves diversity since you have the option of playing so many more playstyles. There's no way the weather metagame is nearly as centralized as Garchomp era 4th gen.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
I would play it, but it would be a much less legitimate metagame and would call the credibility of the Suspect system/Smogon's policy/common sense into question. I would play it because the people on Smogon are generally better at the game than the people on other sites, not because it was a better metagame.

GameFreak dealt us weather. It creates a nonbroken metagame. Therefore we play with weather.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
You misunderstood the purpose of this thread, it seems. Aeromence is saying exactly what you criticized. If weather was banned, would you still play on Smogon's ladder? it's not what you said, it's exactly that.
And what's the point? "Hey if SR was banned, would you still play?" then 60% vote "yes" and people go on in other threads saying that "hey we can ban SR, people find it broken and the majority of the community would not care!!!!".

We don't let people ban elements of the game simply because "we don't care", so why should we even allow such a poll.

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I would play, doesn't mean I would like it though. The best competition will always be on Smogon, so I have to fuel my competitive spirit somewhere.

yes, just because there's really no other good place to play >_>

edit: ninjaed by ifm -___-

although yeah the question should be: "should we ban all auto-weathers?"

I'd still play smogon ou and I think it'd be kinda stupid for someone to quit Smogon OU just because weather is gone. Nobody knows where the metagame would go with all the new stuff 5th gen has to offer if weather were gone. The metagame may just be more fun if weather were gone.

If someone wines just because weather is gone, I'd say the same thing to someone that's saying we should have blaziken back just because it's their favorite pokemon. It was broken and it was banned.

And what's the point? "Hey if SR was banned, would you still play?" then 60% vote "yes" and people go on in other threads saying that "hey we can ban SR, people find it broken and the majority of the community would not care!!!!".

We don't let people ban elements of the game simply because "we don't care", so why should we even allow such a poll.
because people will care what one poll's results are? im not saying that perma weather will be banned, im just asking what would happen if it was banned

a fairy

Community Leader
The votes are unable to be seen who voted what except for by mods.
If all 70+ suspect testersnvoted they'd quit, and 3000 non suspect testers voted they'd rejoice, it doesn't matter how much nominations it gets, the 70 people who voted they'd quit are the ones with suspect test rights, and it would stay.

Like popular vote and electoral vote, if you're from America

I would play it, but it would be a much less legitimate metagame and would call the credibility of the Suspect system/Smogon's policy/common sense into question. I would play it because the people on Smogon are generally better at the game than the people on other sites, not because it was a better metagame.

GameFreak dealt us weather. It creates a nonbroken metagame. Therefore we play with weather.
I would play, doesn't mean I would like it though. The best competition will always be on Smogon, so I have to fuel my competitive spirit somewhere.
yes, just because there's really no other good place to play >_>

edit: ninjaed by ifm -___-
so true, smogon is the tip of the top when comes to great battlers

I might go over to PO for realZ then, FOR REALZ
On a more serious note, I most likely will stop playing on the Smogon server and play on the PO site. But I am sure we most likely will not ban auto weathers. I believe in the req-met voters.

Well, I'd come back every now and then, but weather feels like a part of the current OU metagame and I would miss it deeply. But in all honesty, weather won't get banned from my perspective. Maybe a suspect, but definitely not a ban

I would definitely still play. Better to play in a server with no weather than servers with Blaziken + Drizzle Swift Swim and a lack of talented battlers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)