Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NFE doubles or triples anyone?
No chills
2 day DQ.
Arena: anywhere
2v2 Doubles
Switch = KO
Items = Off
Abilites = All

As for the arena, it's going to be a cave:
Arena: A cave

The battle takes place deep within a subterranean cave, not unlike Mt. Moon and Union Cave of Pokemon lore. Being an enclosed environment, all weather moves will have no effect. Attacks that require solar/lunar power such as Solarbeam, Moonlight, etc. will still work, however their effects will be harshly reduced (akin to using them in the Rain or Sandstorm). Despite this, there is sufficient, if a bit dim, lighting due to the various iridescent vegetation and gemstones throughout the cave. The cave is also very spacious allowing for free movement, although the various stone structures give plentiful cover should the need arise. Furthermore, it is very sturdy and can withstand strong seismic forces. However, the cave is not indestructible and repeated attempts can cause various levels of structural damage. Should the cave completely collapse, the battle will end and whoever side has more Pokemon left than the other (or which Pokemon have a greater health % at the end of the match) will be declared victor.

As a result of being an subterranean environment, Ground Pokemon are most comfortable here and gain a bonus. What kind of bonus this is up to interpretation to the referee. I also forgot to add the cave also has a small pool nearby for Water Pokemon and Water attacks that need it.
Music: Pokemon GSC - Johto cave music
Someone ref the match between Orcinus and myself please?

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Okay I'm dropping the Pyramid Battle and LS's Brawl due to lack of interest. I will instead try and help unclog this thread.

I WILL REF:

Arcanite vs. Maxim
Rediamond vs. Endquote
Son_of_Shadoo vs. Darkamber8828
Its_A_Random vs. LightWolf
TheWolfe vs. Ornicus Duo

With the exception of Arcanite and SoS, who have already announced who they'll be using, everyone involved in these matches please PM me your Pokes (up to three for all these battles, iirc)!

Bleh. I guess I have an open slot now.

1v1 Singles
1 Day DQ
0 recovers/0 chills
Arena; Unown Soup gets the creative blood flowing.

I'm bringing a middle mon.

Well I spose I've lollygagged around enough, time to get back into it!

2v2 strongmon training doubles
2 day dq since I still have situational internet access
4 recovers/4 chills
Arena-ASB Arena

And ill be issueing this challenge twice I spose.

Also if u don't mind MB ill pick up ur match with terrador if u don't mind the dq being 2 days

4 recovers/4 chills
Arena-ASB Arena

I shall acept this challenge and I shall enjoy it!

one ability
no items
Switch= shot in the face

referee is needed

4 recovers/4 chills
Arena-ASB Arena

Also if u don't mind MB ill pick up ur match with terrador if u don't mind the dq being 2 days
I shall acept this challenge and I shall enjoy it!

one ability
no items
Switch= shot in the face

referee is needed
Because I haven't reffed Steampowered enough lately, I'll ref this. I assume you're only taking one challenge? Anyway, PM teams!

As if I wasn't doing enough Gym training already...

OPEN CHALLENGE
6 vs 6 NFE Triples
2.5 Day DQs for everybody!
2 Recovers / 5 Chills
Arena: Unown Soup with a Twist (of Lemon)
Standard Unown Soup arena, except the Unown are particularly afraid of lemon and somebody squirted some lemon into this soup! As a result, you'll have to grab them quick before they're gone! Each Trainer will, in addition to the 6 Pokemon they send to the ref, include one letter with each of their Pokemon. That Pokemon will have unlimited, exclusive usage of that letter- but no Pokemon may use any letter except the one they are PMed with. If both trainers pick the same letter for any of their Pokemon, the first trainer to submit their team gets that letter and the other will pick another while sending out their Pokemon at the beginning of the first round, regardless of whether or not they are sending out that Pokemon.

9v9 Pseudobrawl (Training Battle, 3-6 FEs/3-6 NFEs)

Each side sends out 6 mons, the action of sending out a fresh Pokemon is public and order for multiple sendouts is decided by coinflip.

2 days DQ; 3 days ref DQ
2 recovers per mon/5 chills per mon
Arena: Stairs to the Northern Water Tribe's Chief Palace

...Yeah, I figured the Ring of Ice would be too complicated in something like this.

Ice-type moves, grass-type moves, and water-type moves take 1 less energy to execute here. Moves that have a healing effect on any participant cost 1 less energy to execute here, which can stack with the other energy changes (i.e. Aqua ring, Leech Seed, and Ingrain cost 2 less energy since they have both a healing effect and a Waterbending-affiliated type).

Open Challenge
3v3 singles
36 hour DQ for the players/2 days for the ref
No recoveries/3 chills
NFE

OK, I'm not sure who's this arena is, but maxim used it a few days ago so I'd give it a go.
Description: Deep within the confines of Mount Coronet, there lies a place unlike any other. This circular area is a flat cavebed that is 100 meters in diameter. In the center lies a huge column of rock 20 meters in diameter extending from the floor to the ceiling about 60 meters up (basically, the place is huge). Running up the column is a ledge about 5 meters thick that curls around it (Sort of like the thread in a screw). Seismic disturbances constantly coat the area in a thick sandstorm that can't be canceled due to the ceiling. Sadly, there's no water source for moves like Surf and weather moves cannot be used but everything else goes.

Summary: Eternal Sandstorm, Indoor Arena, No External Water Source.

I challenge Ragnarokalex!
1v1 Singles
12 hour DQ
No recoveries or healing
Arena: ASB Tournament Arena (at night!)

It's the ASB tournament arena, but at night. Unless you have some logical method of seeing in the dark (be it some form of ESP, sonar, natural light, a Dark-Typing, etc.), you'll suffer a -1 Acc penalty.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I challenge Ragnarokalex!
1v1 Singles
12 hour DQ
No recoveries or healing
Arena: ASB Tournament Arena (at night!)

It's the ASB tournament arena, but at night. Unless you have some logical method of seeing in the dark (be it some form of ESP, sonar, natural light, a Dark-Typing, etc.), you'll suffer a -1 Acc penalty.
accepting!

Items: Counter-only (EXP.Share, etc.)
Abilities: All
Switch:have a hammer dropped on your foot
reffing

4v4 Doubles
2 Day DQ
No Recoveries/Chills
Arena: Unown Soup
The battlers are on a solid platform in the middle of a giant bowl filled with delicous broth. No move restrictions at all, because you can safely go seismetoad on the platform and there is plenty of broth to swampert your enemies with. In the soup, there is one of each letter unown floating in around aimlessly. They are all close enough to pick up, and a battler may use one action each round (they can't just use three unowns) to use any move that begins with that letter. Once an unown is used, it cannot be used again.

4v4 Doubles
2 Day DQ
No Recoveries/Chills
Arena: Unown Soup
The battlers are on a solid platform in the middle of a giant bowl filled with delicous broth. No move restrictions at all, because you can safely go seismetoad on the platform and there is plenty of broth to swampert your enemies with. In the soup, there is one of each letter unown floating in around aimlessly. They are all close enough to pick up, and a battler may use one action each round (they can't just use three unowns) to use any move that begins with that letter. Once an unown is used, it cannot be used again.
Sure, why not?

Items on, No Switch, no abilities

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As if I wasn't doing enough Gym training already...

OPEN CHALLENGE
6 vs 6 NFE Triples
2.5 Day DQs for everybody!
2 Recovers / 5 Chills
Arena: Unown Soup with a Twist (of Lemon)
Standard Unown Soup arena, except the Unown are particularly afraid of lemon and somebody squirted some lemon into this soup! As a result, you'll have to grab them quick before they're gone! Each Trainer will, in addition to the 6 Pokemon they send to the ref, include one letter with each of their Pokemon. That Pokemon will have unlimited, exclusive usage of that letter- but no Pokemon may use any letter except the one they are PMed with. If both trainers pick the same letter for any of their Pokemon, the first trainer to submit their team gets that letter and the other will pick another while sending out their Pokemon at the beginning of the first round, regardless of whether or not they are sending out that Pokemon.
I love how my recent claims gave me exactly 6 NFE's :naughty:
Hell yes accepting although really Unown Soup can go screw itself XD

Open Challenge
2v2 Singles
1st or 2nd stage NFEs
2 Day DQ
1 Recover/3 Chills
Arena: Stone Arena
A 100m diameter circular arena with stone walls. There is a small pool of water in the center. There are a few tall, thin standing stones encircling the pool. There are a variety of grasses and vines on the walls and ground. All moves allowed. Basically it's a standard arena with more flavor.

Open Challenge
2v2 Singles
1st or 2nd stage NFEs
2 Day DQ
1 Recover/3 Chills
Arena: Stone Arena
A 100m diameter circular arena with stone walls. There is a small pool of water in the center. There are a few tall, thin standing stones encircling the pool. There are a variety of grasses and vines on the walls and ground. All moves allowed. Basically it's a standard arena with more flavor.
I'll accept this

1 Ability
No Switch
No Items

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)